Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil -Free

2.9

Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C22-20 Alcohols, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hamaelis Viginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Retinyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Polyamino Sugar Condesate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Chlorphensin, Benzoic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Saccharomyces/Xylium Black Tea Ferment, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Green 5 (CI 61570), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 5/22/2010 6:54:00 PM

i've been using this for about two months and i have to say i really dislike this primer. at first, i thought i'd give it a chance as with most things. however, it turned out to be so thick, almost as though you're spreading hand lotion onto your face. i feel like it just sits on your face and you have to wait for it to dry a bit or you get all this residue. how attractive. also, it doesn't even help keep my makeup in place--what a primer should do. after maybe four hours, my makeup clumps up and becomes a disaster! i would not recommend this.

I love Laura Mercier silky foundation and all the other products except for this one. I have Rosacea and have excellent results with all the other LM products, but this primer made me red, break out, and makeup came off sooner than without it. Other than that, the Laura Mercier silky foundation was a godsend for me. It covers the redness and doesn't irritate my skin, so now the Rosacea is almost gone, between using that and some metro gel and Purpose cleansing lotion for washing, best combo I ever found.

on 5/1/2010 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Broke my skin out and its is pretty expensive the amount you pay.

on 4/27/2010 2:09:00 PM

Really hydrating when I need moisture so my foundation wont look cakey and dry.

this product is not worth the money. i have acne prone skin because of stress and periods and cause im a teenager. i have combination skin 2 with extremely oily nose. it didnt nothing it made my face evenmore oily and didnt stay on longer at all in fact my foundation would have stayed on better without it

A nice product, can be expensive but i have found a little goes a long way. you do need to blend it well and quickly. I have dermitas and also very oily t zone. I find this works well for me. it doesnt last all day as due to my skin condition i do find i have to top up my make though this does make it less frequent. I used this on my wedding day and felt confident about my skin all day. It does smell a bit weird but you dont notice it once it is on. overall a good product but I have tried many others to compare it to yet.

on 3/11/2010 7:37:00 AM

I think this is great for those days when my skin is a bit flaky in areas, and I know my foundation (which is light coverage) would sit on top and look odd. However, reading the reviews below it just occurred to me that it might be making me break out a little - hadn't associated this before....and it might just be my skin behaving badly or another product, so not sure.
I won't buy it again - it's not showstoppingly good, although it does seem to be recommended in loads of magazines.

Just updating this to confirm that this does, indeed, make me break-out. So it has gone in the bin :(
I'm now sticking to my Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Serum as a brilliant base-coat for flaky days.....

on 3/7/2010 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an 'okay' primer. The smell put me off for a little bit but I got used to it. It gives your face a very faint glow, adds a little dimension to your face. This is good because my foundation is very matte (because I have oily skin). I use minimal amount. During the early periods of using this, I felt like I broke up a little because of it. But I tried blending it very evenly throughout my face, using as little product as I can. I've realized that I don't break out as much. Perhaps the trick is to really blend it evenly? I think the price is okay because it's huge tube. A little goes a long way! :)

on 2/27/2010 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This primer does a nice job of not letting my foundation settle into my smile lines. I had that problem with all the other primers I've tried before (Hourglass, Lancome, Lorac, Bare Minerals....). The problem is within half an hour my face is so shiny and oily! It also feels slick and wet. It's disgusting and embarrassing. I have oily skin but nothing like this! I also think it's making my face breakout some because I'm breaking out in places I never break out. I'm returning this stuff! Off to try yet another primer

on 2/25/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have pretty oily skin and I use this in lieu of moisturizer at night when I don't need something with SPF. It doesn't make me too oily and it gives my nice and smooth and feels pretty good on. It plays nicely with anything else I might be wearing. Like!