Clinique Super City Block SPF 40

3.5

PPD = 8. zinc oxide 8.8%, octinoxate 7.5%, titanium dioxide 6.6%, octisalate 2% Other ingredients: water (aqua purificata) purified, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, steareth-2, silica, aluminum stearate, angelica acutiloba (japanese angelica) root extract, zizyphus jujuba fruit extract, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, citrus unshiu peel extract, porphyra yezoensis (algae) extract, paeonia suffruticosa (peony) root extract, gardenia florida extract, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) flower extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, betula alba (birch) bark extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, yeast extract (faex), sodium rna, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, pantethine, glycerin, glucose, squalane, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, tricaprylin, propylene glycol dicaprate, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), hexylene glycol, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, barium sulfate, polyethylene, xanthan gum, magnesium aluminum silicate, lecithin, ceteth-2, peg-40 stearate, sodium stearate, steareth-20, sorbitan tristearate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

on 9/5/2010 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It makes my skin so oily and briliant.

You canīt wear a white cloth with it, because it makes everything dirty.
Terrible!

on 8/31/2010 1:44:00 AM

Ever since my teens I have been an outdoors person and my skin has been abused a lot. The "Clinique Super City Block" has been protect my skin when exposed under the sun. It does not look abused any more. The biggest difference has been the reduction of freckles on my skin.

on 8/22/2010 9:54:00 PM

I just didnt have a positive experience with this sunscreen. After hearing so many rave reviews, i got a sample from my local clinique counter, and was eager to try it. However, the texture was really ordinary and it also made my face look a weird colour. Only tried it once, removed it straight away and wouldnt look at it again. Disappointing product for me!

on 8/22/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this product! A thin layer does a lot. My t zone tends to get a little oily by the end of the day...but this product keeps it at bay. I use the nars sheer glow on top of this and together it works perfectly! My skin feels protected, hydrated, smooth, and it looks great! It's the perfect primer and sunblock for my face!

on 8/5/2010 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Horrible Sunblock. It did not irritate my sensitive skin but it "balls" up and makes my face look like its peeling. WOuld not buy again and do NOt recommend this to anyone. I have oily skin and it made my face look dry while at the same time at the end of the day it was an oily mess with the sunscreen balling up.

on 7/28/2010 8:29:00 PM

This does contain chemical ss actives, aswell as physicals. For me, this is not something I would buy again. It does tend to ball up and flake off if you apply too much. It also can be a tad drying (not all physical sunscreens have to dry your skin out!). I prefer Invisible Zinc to this.

on 7/25/2010 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product looks super oily even with powder over the top, straight away my skin was shiny. The only plus is how high the SPF is.
*UPDATE*
My skin type had changed and its now quite normal/dry, i use this on the weekend and its perfect. it evens out my skin tone and really calms down my skins redness. Perfect for summertime.

on 7/23/2010 12:58:00 AM

Pros: super effective physical sunblock, not chemical, which is good since the chemical ones sting my skin. The price is reasonable for such a great must have product. Cons: does clog my pores, but I began applying primer underneath (see my review for the Monistat Chafing Gel - this provides a great barrier). Product has a slight tint that gives a gray cast to my fair skin, so I began adding a drop of a warmer toned liquid foundation to it on my fingertips and mixing together before applying. I basically apply this as I would apply a cleanser - all over face and neck. HG sunblock for me. I just repurchased and will continue to repurchase.

on 7/18/2010 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Update: I've been using this for years and it's great...with 10% zinc oxide sun block (for physical block)...but I can't get past the white-ish haze it leaves behind on my face. It completely erases the warmth of my true skin color underneath. It looks like I'm going to bite the bullet and go for an even higher percentage zinc oxide block with a light foundation or tinted moisturizer on top.

Bottom line!
Clinique: I am not giving this a good review because I'm a Clinique junky.... their clarifying lotion has way to much alcohol in it (it's just alcohol, witch hazel, and water) and Dove Sensitive Skin soap is so much nicer to my skin. And if you want a good moisturizer, olive oil and pure aloe vera (YES! And I have very breakout prone skin and my skin LOVES it!)
Sensitive skin: I am 42 and have sensitive skin...very few cosmetics like it. I have been using this product for a few years...mainly under my makeup as a sunblock only (with no breakout issues due to it).
Sun protection: I cannot believe the sun protection! I actually did in-depth research on the absolute best block ingredient by ingredient, and this one won.
Foundation and highlighter: One day I decided to use it by itself, as I was just going to be in the backyard working. I've tried every product in the world to give me that dewy glow without any shine or sparkle...that youthful look. My mother was helping me paint that day and she said "you're makeup looks great today". And then my husband said the same thing. I looked at myself in the mirror, and I had that healthy, dewy glow I had been trying so hard to get. Now I just add a teeny squirt of regular foundation in the winter to it to give it just a bit more color. I am fair to medium. It may not have enough coverage for you.
All in all, take it from a sensitive girl.... it does the job without the breakouts! It's the alcohol in products that is breaking everyone out!!! I finally figured this out!!!

on 7/10/2010 4:03:00 AM

I like this sunscreen. It is easy to blend and does not leave an awful white residue due to the fact that it is slightly coloured (barely noticeable). The packaging is handy and it does not take too much space in my make up/golf bag. The only drawback is the smell of titanium dioxide - really strong.