Clinique Super City Block SPF 40

3.5

PPD = 8. zinc oxide 8.8%, octinoxate 7.5%, titanium dioxide 6.6%, octisalate 2% Other ingredients: water (aqua purificata) purified, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, steareth-2, silica, aluminum stearate, angelica acutiloba (japanese angelica) root extract, zizyphus jujuba fruit extract, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, citrus unshiu peel extract, porphyra yezoensis (algae) extract, paeonia suffruticosa (peony) root extract, gardenia florida extract, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) flower extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, betula alba (birch) bark extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, yeast extract (faex), sodium rna, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, pantethine, glycerin, glucose, squalane, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, tricaprylin, propylene glycol dicaprate, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), hexylene glycol, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, barium sulfate, polyethylene, xanthan gum, magnesium aluminum silicate, lecithin, ceteth-2, peg-40 stearate, sodium stearate, steareth-20, sorbitan tristearate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

on 1/16/2011 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

this thing is nasty. i have heard so much about it when i found the earlier sunscreen was breaking me out and making my skin rough i went online and order this. i opened it with great hope, it came out as a yellow tint cream and it smells like some industrial paint(if there is such a thing), i mean, it smells nasty.and the texture itself is kind of funny too,it is like it has seperated from water..kind of runny while it was a cream. when i put it on my face, it just make my skin looking flaky, instantly age me by ten, no kidding. horrible. i returned it and i went to local deparment store just to check if it was only my tube. no, all of it. horrible.

on 1/16/2011 2:00:00 AM

too greasy and makes my skin looks oilier! yuuuck!! this product just cant work on my combi skin, definitely will not repurchase.

on 12/10/2010 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's really hard to find a non-greasy, effective sunscreen that has a high enough SPF. I had really high hopes for this product since it totally fit the bill but it was too watery. It doesn't absorb the way I want it to and my skin gets shiny really fast with this. I'm sure it could work well for other people but I just found myself reaching for it less and less until I just wanted to throw it away. I much prefer using a moisturizer or foundation with SPF built into it instead. Will not re-purchase.

on 11/27/2010 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Excellent solely as a makeup primer.

Very nice smell (if your into the smell of SPF)

photo stable (suprizingly enough, not all products containing spf are photo stable)

Perfect for slowing the effects of ageing.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was really desperate for a decent sunscreen-stroke-tinted moisturiser, and having vampire pale skin was really hoping City Block would do the trick. I pinched a bit of my mum's to try, but it really stung my skin. I washed it off after an hour. Like a lot of Clinique products I've tried, it's just too much for my skin.

on 10/2/2010 11:41:00 AM

Non-greasy, nice color, no fragrance, and SPF 40! I have combination skin and this makes my skin matte all day long. I've been using it for 2 years, even around my eyes.
I'm sure you girls living in USA and Europe can find good stores and maybe get some samples (samples are so hard to find here in Brazil). Give this product a try, you won't regret. :-)

on 9/21/2010 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG sunscreen, hands down! Super gentle even when my skin is raw from retinoid over-application, non-greasy, and doesn't irritate/cause breakouts despite my 'cone sensitivity. I briefly cheated on it with the new Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid, and sorely regretted it as soon as I applied and my skin started to sting! At $17.50 for the Clinique and only $3-4 less for Neutrogena, I definitely think the Clinique is worth every penny.

It's a primarily physical sunblock, though it does have a few chemical sunscreen ingredients, for those who are allergic or sensitive. It has done a great job protecting my skin from burning on an everyday basis, though if you are in harsh sun or sweating/swimming, you will probably need to reapply every so often.

on 9/11/2010 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I never use sunscreen because I've never found one that protects without leaving my face greasy or whitish. What's more, I have an acne-prone skin, so I like to put as little products on my face whenever possible.

I love this product though. I apply it after toner, either alone (when I'm not working) or as a makeup base (when I'm working). I haven't experienced any balling up, it doesn't break me up, and it does not leave me with a pale white cast. What's more, it evens out my skin tone and even masks some blemishes slightly.

My routine is Clinelle cleanser, Clinelle toner, Clinique Super City Block SPF 40. The key to using the product is to apply and wait. Immediately upon application, the product looks slightly greasy, but give it a few minutes and it looks set and I am ready to go out. My face feels protected, it does not feel greasy in the hot and humid Southeast Asian weather, and it doesn't run off too.

When I need more makeup, my routine is Clinelle cleanser, Clinelle toner, Clinique Super City Block SPF 40, Laura Mercier Flawless Fix Pencil, Laura Mercier Mineral Powder. My makeup looks wonderfully set, oil control is fantastic and I did not have to touch up throughout the day.

Remember, the key technique is to apply and wait!

on 9/10/2010 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I received this as a gift with purchase last year. I still haven't finished the tube as I've used better.
Pros:
Oil-free, high SPF, helps powder set & last longer
Cons:
Felt greasy, Doesn't blend- left a pale tint on skin

on 9/7/2010 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was in search of a sunscreen for the longest time and after reading reviews here on MUA I decided that I had to go out and try Clinique's Super City Block and I haven't looked back since. I love that it's spf 40 and I can use it when I'm on vacations where I will be spending lots of time on the beach and its great for summer too. The packaging is great because its a perfect size to fit in my bag if I needed to bring it along for reapplying later. The hint of color is great because it also acts like a makeup primer and allows my powder to stay on longer, but the only problem is when I tan a bit the color does look a little odd, as long as I put some powder over top it seems to hide it ok (which is why i took off one lippy). Overall I would definitely repurchase this again and I definitely have!