April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by kookykabooky

Pros: super effective physical sunblock, not chemical, which is good since the chemical ones sting my skin. The price is reasonable for such a great must have product. Cons: does clog my pores, but I began applying primer underneath (see my review for the Monistat Chafing Gel - this provides a great barrier). Product has a slight tint that gives a gray cast to my fair skin, so I began adding a drop of a warmer toned liquid foundation to it on my fingertips and mixing together before applying. I basically apply this as I would apply a cleanser - all over face and neck. HG sunblock for me. I just repurchased and will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by vickiboise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: I've been using this for years and it's great...with 10% zinc oxide sun block (for physical block)...but I can't get past the white-ish haze it leaves behind on my face. It completely erases the warmth of my true skin color underneath. It looks like I'm going to bite the bullet and go for an even higher percentage zinc oxide block with a light foundation or tinted moisturizer on top.

Bottom line!
Clinique: I am not giving this a good review because I'm a Clinique junky.... their clarifying lotion has way to much alcohol in it (it's just alcohol, witch hazel, and water) and Dove Sensitive Skin soap is so much nicer to my skin. And if you want a good moisturizer, olive oil and pure aloe vera (YES! And I have very breakout prone skin and my skin LOVES it!)
Sensitive skin: I am 42 and have sensitive skin...very few cosmetics like it. I have been using this product for a few years...mainly under my makeup as a sunblock only (with no breakout issues due to it).
Sun protection: I cannot believe the sun protection! I actually did in-depth research on the absolute best block ingredient by ingredient, and this one won.
Foundation and highlighter: One day I decided to use it by itself, as I was just going to be in the backyard working. I've tried every product in the world to give me that dewy glow without any shine or sparkle...that youthful look. My mother was helping me paint that day and she said "you're makeup looks great today". And then my husband said the same thing. I looked at myself in the mirror, and I had that healthy, dewy glow I had been trying so hard to get. Now I just add a teeny squirt of regular foundation in the winter to it to give it just a bit more color. I am fair to medium. It may not have enough coverage for you.
All in all, take it from a sensitive girl.... it does the job without the breakouts! It's the alcohol in products that is breaking everyone out!!! I finally figured this out!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this sunscreen. It is easy to blend and does not leave an awful white residue due to the fact that it is slightly coloured (barely noticeable). The packaging is handy and it does not take too much space in my make up/golf bag. The only drawback is the smell of titanium dioxide - really strong.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by lulu2222

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product as a primer. It's awful as a primer. I've tried liquid foundation and mousse foundation over it and I get a really bad "pilling" effect. I've waited about five minutes after applying the primer so it can dry before applying the make up but it still pills. So I will use the rest of primer on those days when I am not going to wear make up but I will never buy it again. Frankly, Monistat Powder Gel is still the best (and most economical) primer I've ever tried----no SPF but one can always wear a hat.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by lalu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit:18/09/10 It really blocks your pores:( i will not buy it again I think but I might use it as a primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Bonnerka

It took me a while to decide whether I would or would not to uy this product again. The SPF40 played the deciding role for me, as I am prone to sun spots. However, despite this product being oil-free, it leaves a greasy sheen on the skin and the smell is not very pleasant. My skin feels a bit congested after having used this and it seems to be blocking my pores. I am not sure whether it realy does it or it only feels like it does, but using it, despite being effective, isn't very pleasant.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product expecting it to make my skin oily and break out, but protect harmful rays from contacting my skin. I doesn't really make my acne prone skin break out even more than it normally does unless I'm out in the sun for a really long time. It did make my skin a little oily though, but not as bad as a regular sunscreen would. I'm pretty content with this product, but the reason I won't buy it again is because it costs so much. I bought mine for about $17.00 (USA) when I'm sure I can find a different facial sunscreen out there for less than that price that won't clog pores and is oil free.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by asianvolleyballer

i really like this product. i use it under all my makeup and the spf 40 keeps my face and neck (b/c i apply it there too) protected all day. it has a natural skin color tint but it does have that signature sunblocky smell, which i am not a big fan of. its smooth and blendable, it is really undetecable, except maybe by the smell. it is kind of expensive but the tube is really big and lasts a LONG time, but after a while, the water (its oil-free) seperates a little and the product becomes less useful. it still works but because the sunscreen does become a little watery, the application takes a little longer and it probably isnt as effective

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by KaitieDayz

What I love about this product is that it's safe to use around the eyes, it's tinted, SPF 40, and it's oil-free. I really do feel protected from the sun and pollution all day when I'm wearing this product. When you first apply it onto your face, it looks sorta oily and shiny but being someone who doesn't wear alot of makeup, all I do is put a little pressed powder over it and I head out. I don't wear eye makeup or blush or anything so I can't say if it's a good primer. But it's a great product if you're like me and you want a product that has multiple uses.

I recommend this product to the people who don't touch their face often (gets on your sleeves- I know this from experience) and who don't have time in the morning to apply several products onto your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by pohleng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! I have a very oily and sensitive skin but this product just suits me very well. No break outs, no irritation but a good protection and primer. Btw i like how its tinted as it makes my face look smooth even without any make up (: