Clinique All About Eyes Concealer

3.2

on 9/20/2010 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Finally a concealer that works! I have tried "them all". Mineral concealers, the "famous" YSL-pen, something similar from Dior, and some drugstore coverstick. They all either cover too much (looks unnatural) or cover absolutelly nothing.

But Cliniques concealer actually covers my under eye circles just enough! And it looks natural even without a foundation over! Luckily I found my perfect match; 04 Medium Petal. At least until my summertan goes away :)

I apply it with Sigmas concealer brush and blend the edges well. You cannot see that I'm wearing concealer. Not even in bright daylight! I love it!

I also love that it does not contain parabens!

on 9/19/2010 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This would be good for someone who only needed to cover pimples, acne scars, etc NOT for someone looking for cover medium to heavy under eye circles, which is what I wanted it for. The color range is pretty awful; "light neutral" is too yellow for me, while "light petal" is far too pink and too dark. Even after trying to build up coverage this *still* didn't do much.

I wanted to like this concealer because I've always been a fan of Clinique, but it just creases so easily even when i moisturize my undereyes before applying! The tube will last you a very long time so I guess that's a plus but I'd recommend others to buy something else like the revlon age defying moisturizing concealer. it doesn't cake and if it does, it's very slight compared to clinique all about eyes!

on 9/5/2010 9:14:00 AM

I've been a good supporter of Clinique and at first this concealer isn't so bad. When just applied the coverage is great better than most concealers I've tried and the color is just right. But after some hours it wears off and becomes cakey and flaky whether I use lots of moisturizer before hand or whether or not I set it with powder. But setting it with powder definitely makes it worse.
So, I wouldn't recommend this concealer and sadly have to live with the loss because the store wouldn't take it back :/
Learn from me

on 9/4/2010 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've bought this concealer twice. I can't recall what color I got the first time, but the second time I got it in 03 Light Petal (it's the one I'm using now). I could tell right away after trying out the Light Petal that, even though I used up the whole first tube, I had been using the wrong color. Also, I don't use it anywhere else but under the eye area. It isn't meant to be an eye shadow base. It doesn't emphasize any lines on me or turn cakey. It just covers up whatever dark circles I might have. I also don't use a really expensive or thick eye cream underneath the concealer- just the Olay eye brightening cream. In any case, I'm giving it a thumbs up, but I'm interested in reading about the eye concealers that have gotten better ratings than Clinique's All About Eyes, since this has been my HG concealer for a very long time and I'm pretty happy with it.

on 9/3/2010 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I dont really have dark circles but what I do like about this is that it brightens and evens out my skin! Haven't tried it on blemishes yet, but I imagine it would work nicely because this is a nice formula and conceals well!

Edit****This is now my HG under eye concealer!!! It's pigmented, hides dark circles, brightens and I love the texture of this!! I will keep repurchasing this!

on 7/23/2010 2:35:00 PM

I've been using various Clinique products for years and haven't been disappointed except for this concealer! It was drying and looked cakey. It isn't crease-resistant either and doesn't last very long. I found myself having to re-apply every couple of hours and after a while it just looked gross. The only thing I liked about it is that its very creamy. Nonetheless, very disappointing and won't recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm disappointed in this product. The woman helping me at Clinique suggested that I'd give this a try to cover my acne scars. I don't like how I have to load a lot of product on each scar/blemish just to have it look cakey and somewhat gone. I'll most likely try something else soon.

on 7/17/2010 2:33:00 PM

This product is just ok, nothing special. I thought that it would help keep my eyes moisturized since Im lazy with the regular eye moisturizing but it only moisturizes while using it. I find that this stuff settles in the creases and lines of my eyes if its not blended enough. But even if its rubbed in enough I still find it gooed up in my eyelid crease by the end of the day. Maybe I use too much idk. But it does cover darkness around the eyes decently (I'm a light Hispanic so my eye area is naturally darker than the rest of my face). It's only available in 3 or 4 colors but the one I have blends well with my skintone. I buy it again bc it mostly does its job and doesnt make my sensitive eye skin react. But if something else worked better I would gladly stop using this.

on 7/13/2010 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Covers up my dark circles well, and covers up blemishes even better! The redness is totally covered. It's very pigmented and thick, so a little goes a very long way. It's basically the All About Eyes cream mixed with concealer, so you get coverage and moisturize your eyes. Great!!