July 24, 2014 | 2134 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do NOT like this mascara. I got a freebie at the Nordstrom Lancome counter and am very glad I didn't have to pay for this! For one, it smells terrible - reminds me of some sort of medicine I had to take as a kid. Also, the brush sucks, it can't define any lashes on the corner. And to top it off, it makes my eyes burn! Sucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Simply the best. Every time I get a sample of this mascara I get giddy. The formula is AWESOME. It separates, lengthens, and volumizes lashes without making them look fake. I love that. I recently purchased the full size of this tube and am so happy that I did. It works the best in conjunction with lancome's primer.

Such a happy customer :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

If I wanted my lashes to look like two or three clumpy cricket legs, I would continue to use this. I couldn't get my lashes to separate with the Definicils brush, even when I took my time and tried hard to comb it all through. The brush just has way too big of gaps between the bristles. I don't get the point of this. Even if you have thick, abundant lashes to begin with, this brush won't coat all of them in two or three swipes. The formula was mediocre. I didn't think it was volumizing or lengthening. Nothing more special than Maybelline's Lash Stiletto - and that sucked, too. Lancome is overrated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok so I finally tried this rather expensive iconic mascara, and I get it!

It is worth buying again, in fact it outperforms my previous 2 favourites, Bourjois Volumizer which I can't find locally anymore, and Projectionist by Estee Lauder.

Both my previous favourites cost approximately 5$ less than this one, and I think the extra 5$ is worth it. I've tried a number of the L'Oreal, and Cover Girl favourites from here on MUA and this outperforms.

It just doesn't clump. It doesn't flake off at the end of the day. It goes on nicely and leaves my lashes flexible. With a lot of mascaras I have a problem with lash breakage, but not this one.

Doesn't leave those pointed stuck together lash clumps that look like spider legs and leave a "starry eyed" expression that looks so odd. Nor does it leave sticky blobs. Combs thru leaving each lash coated with a good dark coat of mascara and looks natural.

More coats for volume, 1 to 2 for a classic polished daytime look.

Love this product, will buy again. It is worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by suemazrn

Amazing mascara. I am a drugstore girl but this stuff is awesome. No clumps, no smudging, natural looking. Great!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by glitteringmacbarbie80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this mascara i've used this mascara for years .Its def. a staple in my life .It's worth $30 to me honestly there's no bad price on a product if it actually does what it says it's it's gonna do .And if you love extra long lashes then you will love this ! I PROMISE!
The only thing is that it does dry out quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by BohemianChic89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I dislike the price. However, this mascara does perform very well.
It is a really wonderful mascara my only complaints are the price and the added fragrance.

I might purchase this again but, the price is ridiculous.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by tabby1991

I like how this product gives me length and doesn't clump though, you gotta be careful because you don't want that spidey look. It look's amazing for your bottom lashes though and that's what i mostly use it for

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by babyxdee10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom gave me my first tube of Definicils when I was twelve, it came as a free gift with purchase. This definitely set the standards for the rest of my life as to how a mascara should work. Eight years later, Definicils is still my favorite mascara no matter how many I've tried (there have been LOTS). It gives length and definition to my lashes giving me the perfect Angelina Jolie cat eye look that doesn't flake or fade over time. People are constantly asking me I'm wearing false lashes or got eyelash extensions. Some people have even touched my lashes because they didn't believe me when I said it's just Definicils! I also love that the sleek square packaging makes for easier storage in comparison to the bulky round tubes often seen from drugstore mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I've been using Definicils for years, mainly because it is almost always a part of any Lancome Gift With Purchase (sometimes even full-sized tubes!). That being said, this is also one of my top mascaras. With Definicils, I get pitch black color, ridiculous length, great separation, and decent volume. I love that with this mascara, I can get light, fluttery lashes with a light hand, but I can also really pile this on for lashes so long they look fake. This mascara can be clumpy as the formula is pretty wet, but it just takes a little playing around with the brush to figure out how to avoid that. Many people complain that this doesn't give enough volume, but if you take your time and really concentrate at the base of your lashes, you can get pretty good volume. This mascara never smears or flakes on me, no matter what I'm doing throughout the day.
I think one thing that really makes Definicils stand out for me is that this is pretty much the only mascara I can apply to my bottom lashes. Literally every other mascara I've ever purchased gives me awful, over the top clownish lower lashes, no matter how carefully I apply it. But Definicils gives a perfect, natural finish to my bottom lashes. I do find that for my lower lashes, the sample size of Definicils is a little easier to work with as the brush is quite a bit smaller, but the full size works just as well; it just takes more practice.
I just used up my last tube of this and I'm already missing it! I may try some more mascaras for comparison, but I feel like I'll always come back to this one.