Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 1/15/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I already have long lashes but just wanted something to add some definition. This product worked super well and really made my eyes pop.
I don't tend to add too much product but it seemed buildable as long as you're quick as the formula dries very quickly on your lashes.

One problem I've always had in the past is mascara flaking off or smudging by mid afternoon giving me the dreaded panda eyes.
With this mascara there was ZERO panda effect and it's super easy to take off too (I just used a normal senstive eyes eye makeup remover lotion).

The packaging itself is very sleek and sophisticated looking, only downside is it costs 21 approx in the UK which is quite expensive, but the quality means I will buy this again.

on 1/14/2013 8:01:00 PM

I loved this mascara for a longtime, but now i just think its decent. I curl my lashes after i apply this and the curl stays for pretty long. (if you only curl your lashes before, this mascara just puts them back to your natural curl, which makes it pointless to curl before) One day i was running in the rain for my team practice and amazingly this did not smudge at all!!! but, the curl did go away. It lengthens more than it volumizes, it barely volumizes. I used to love the packaging, but i recently discovered a crack in the wand even though it stays on my desk every day. I've had the same tube for 2 years now and it hasnt dried out at all. When i apply it, i keep the tube vertically upside down on my table so that it doesnt dry out. This mascara looks very natural and not dramatic at all. but its very good in that it doesnt smudge, which ive had a lot of mascaras that smudged

on 1/13/2013 3:45:00 PM

The product is OK, but the Hypnose is better. (as long as you are careful not to get it on too thick

on 1/13/2013 1:27:00 AM

Good mascara, what I like about it is that even though it doesn't say its waterproof it really holds up well when I go swimming ( with goggles on, but my eyes still get wet and damp).

The effect is pretty good but it can get clumpy quick and it doesn't have a very dramatic effect with a single coating

on 1/7/2013 7:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This mascara is the one thing I never leave home without. I have a history of researching my products before I buy and no matter how often I try out other brands I find Definicils in my makeup bin more often than not.

This mascara is great for those ladies who prefer their lashes to be well coated and separated. The formula is better at adding length rather than fullness/volume. If this is the look you are going for, Definicils is for you.

Mascara removal has never been a problem (I use Almay Sensitive Eye Makeup Remover Pads before washing my face) for the non-waterproof formula. The waterproof Definicils, on the other hand, has some mighty staying power and is much more difficult to get off (which may not be a bad thing).

The packaging is good-the only suggestion I am going to put out there is to make sure the cap is fully screwed closed. I had one tube in my long line of re-purchased tubes dry out because I think there were several times I did not pay attention to this detail.

on 1/3/2013 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this mascara. I've tried a lot--drugstore and high end, and this blows all of them out of the water.

Let's start with the packaging: Shiny, sleek, compact, and very classy. I love the feel of it and how it looks in my makeup bag, you can definitely see it's high end and for the price I wouldn't expect anything less. I got this for my birthday, and it came with the XL base and an eyelash curler.
Performance: It lengthens, defines, separates and voluminizes my lashes. I have really long thin lashes on my right eye and thick short ones on my left, and this is one of the only mascaras that make my lashes perfectly even and symmetrical on both sides. It's amazing. I don't find the formula too wet at all.

Bottom line: amazing! It's expensive but you get what you pay for, and if you have the cash to splurge on it, go for it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this mascara. I have tried a lot of them and what drew me to this one is the brush. It was slender and I needed something that would separate and lengthen my lashes (I already have pretty thick lashes) which this does wonderfully. I was actually really surprised by how much longer it made my lashes look, more so than any other mascara I had ever used.

My tube wasn't "wet" like everyone says. I kind of wish it were.

I really really love the packaging as well. It is very sleek and not flashy. Huge tubes annoy me as they are unnecessary and clutter up my make-up case.

But ok gals, now you have me convinced that I need to go get the Cils Booster. I have always hated lash primers but I'm willing to give this a shot if it is anything like this mascara.

on 12/26/2012 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I love mascara and I'm always tempted whenever a new mascara hits the market. I'm very picky about my mascaras, probably because I have such fine, thin lashes and I like long, lush lashes.
I've used countless tubes of Definicils over the years and I always come back to it. The formula is definitely on the wet side, especially when you first use it. This mascara works best when it's a bit drier.

I use the Lancome Cils booster, let it dry and then apply 2-3 coats of Definicils plus one coat of the Definicils Precious Cells for the look I want.
Mascara is a very personal preference as it is with all makeup items and I don't mind paying the extra $$.

on 12/23/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite mascara to date. It lengthens, separates, and adds volume to my lashes. Definicils is definitely not a curling mascara but I still love it. I get beautiful results with every use. Definicils is definitely worth the price.

on 12/3/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I adore this mascara. The most common question I hear from ladies is "Do you have fake lashes on?!"

Well, first of all.. I am blessed with very thick/long lashes. When I use brands that provide volume, my lashes end up a sticky mess. When I pair Definicils with a good curler and some CilsBooster XL, I get long, separated, gorgeous doll eyelashes. Can't get enough of this stuff.