September 30, 2014 | 1690 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by pounding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this mascara is really really awesome! it lengthens and volumises like no other mascara i have. plus it's a very inky black, very very dramatic. also, it's definitely the most tenacious mascara ever. it will literally never smudge flake or anything else until you (try to) remove it. i found it a bit too watery at first to hold any curl, but after a couple months it gets a bit thicker in the tube and the curl really stays all day. one lippie off because even though we are always looking for that non-smudging mascara, this one is just too much work to get off (i use the neutrogena dual phase remover and it still takes soaking and rubbing to remove VERY slowly). i find myself using it less thinking of the work getting it off at the end of the day! if that's not an issue for you however, this mascara is quite unparalleled - highly recommended! i would buy again just to use it occasionally (no other mascara can last the whole day/night quite like this can).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

How to use this mascara:
1.Curl your lashes (or do it afterwards-like me)
2. Apply it LIGHTLY and slowly from top to bottom in a STRAIGHT line. Don't do a zig-zag pattern. Don't do more than 2/3 coats because it'll clump like crazy.
3. Comb lashes with a special lash comb.
4.Curl if you haven't done it before (not recommended for weak lashes-they might snap)
5.If you want a more dramatic effect or more length apply more mascara LIGHTLY on the very tips of your curled lashes. It works for me and I get a falsie effect, but you have to be really really careful. Comb if you get clumps.

I have average lashes and this mascara elongates them and opens my eyes. It's good at holding a curl and it really defines each and every lash. You've got to figure out how to use it though. It needs to be applied lightly over and over again, or else it clumps like hell. Took me a few tries before I could get it perfect.

Very cute packaging, got it for less than AU$20 in HK so it's pretty cheap.

Took a lippie off because of the clumping and the magnificent staying power-it's very hard to get it off by the end of the day. Although I don't really have a problem with that since it doesn't irritate my eyes and I've given up trying to take it off anyway- It doesn't even smudge until I put it on again the next day. A bit scary.

A good mascara for lengthening, defining, and curling your lashes. But you have to be patient when applying it. You'll enjoy your reward!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2008 8:35:00 AM More reviews by inertia

I found it had a good lengthening effect and stayed put, but clumped easily and was terrible to remove. I used it for about half a year and must have lost so many lashes trying to get this off. Now I've gone back to Fiberwig for a mascara with the same lengthening effect that's easy to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Kazz100

WOW - I haven't been this excited over a mascara for ages, if at all. I have naturally long eyelashes but because of that I have trouble keeping them curled. Ones like Diorshow and Maximeyes tend to weigh them down and the little fibres annoy my eyes, I'm a contact wearer with sensitive eyes. Well this certainly curls and then some but i don't see any great difference in length, but that's ok as I wasn't after extra length. I'm on the fence about the comb applicator - I found it fairly easy to use but my eyelashes look less 'full' because some of them are stuck together, not clumpy but kind of like when you cry and they go all spikey but I maybe able to fix that with practise. I can't say about the hard to remove factor as I haven't tried yet. As other have said cute packaging and price is good through the net $36NZ, so hopefully Lash Expander and I will have a long and happy life together.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 6:54:00 PM More reviews by masaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does add some more length to the lashes. Noticable length that is. It volumizes a little but not as much as say, L'Oreal Voluminous. The comb takes some getting used to, but its purpose is to coat each lashes to make it more visible. What I love about it is it does give almost an effect of falsies without false eyelashes. It looks like I naturally have much longer and more lashes. Since it defines each lashes, my lashes doesn't seem sparse at all. It doesn't give racoon eyes, it doesn't budge even if I probably don't wash it for more than a day. I've worn it over 12 hours and the curl still holds up and no breakage from the fibers. I bought it for about $19 including shipping. The reason I probably won't be buying it is it makes my eyes uncomfortable. Though I did say I don't see any breakage anywhere, it feels like there's "something" in my eyes. It's a bit heavier and does not give a natural feeling, though it looks it. Also, another reason I won't be buying it again is it's a pain to remove. Even with DHC cleansing oil it's hard. I have to dry my lashes after first rinse, then try removing it again. I have to make at least 3 attempts w/ DHC to remove it because this cleansing oil doesn't dissolve the product. However, it's only one attempt with my Kanebo White C Freshel Cleansing oil and the mascara dissolves. It's still much harder though compared to other mascaras I've tried. Also because it's difficult to remove, cleansing oils gets into my eyes and makes my vision blurry. Although I can still wash it off, I'm worried about the effect it will have on my vision. It's more important than getting great looking eyelashes. I'm still giving it a 4 though, so if anyone finds a great product to remove this mascara please contact me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by cyt179

I love this mascara! Its packaging is so pretty and the price is great too. I think I paid less than $15 on ebay with shipping. I use this with shu curler and the curl stays all day. The mascara lengthened my super short asian lashes so well, really opening up my eyes.

However, it might not be for everyone. I recommended this to a friend and she said her lashes were too thin and the mascara clumped like crazy - she needed to use another mascara brush right away to separate the lashes.

For me though, I'm so impressed with this mascara that I went on ebay to buy more. But after discovering a new version is out (Lash Extend Elegantly) which is supposed to lengthen 20% more than the expander, I ordered that instead. Considering how great I found the lash expander to be, I better not be disappointed with the new version.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2007 9:41:00 AM More reviews by phatsjunx

I agree that this mascara has awesome staying power. It didn't do much for my short sparse eyelashes though. Getting it off was painful and I did use an oily eye make up remover. I ended up going to bed with sore eyes. I gave this to my cousin who has longer and thicker eyelashes. She likes it a lot and thinking of buying another one. Her lashes can hold the mascara better than mine.

I can't afford to lose any more of my eyelashes =p

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is a GODSEND for me! I just curl my lashes with a normal eyelash curler then apply this on top and bottom lashed and my eyes look all doll like. I dont even have to ues eyeliner or any shadows. It doesnt budge which is saying a lot for my super oily and tearing eyes. I don't have a problem removing it because I use FANCL cleansing oil and it does the trick without me having to lose any lashes. LOVE this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by melicious83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mascara is amazing. The pretty packaging sold me on the spot while I was browsing the aisles of Sasa in Hong Kong. The texture is fibrous and uses a comb applicator which helps to separate lashes and distribute the product evenly through my lashes. Lasts all-day, through all weather, weddings, washings and what-not. The effect is like using one of those 2-step primer/mascaras, without the primer. Very easy to apply but a b*tch to remove (I find baby oil or almond oil good for removing eye makeup).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2007 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Aubriee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the Lash Expander Neo (My Lashes Extend Elegantly). This stuff rocks. I curl my lashes with my Shu Uemura curler, apply the Shiseido 'Curl, Curl, Curl toward the Sky' primer, then apply the Lash Expander Neo mascara to both my top and bottom lashes and I have doll like lashes that last until I take the mascara off. Because of my contacts and my eyes watering alot, I've never been able to wear mascara on my bottom lashes, without looking like a raccoon. Now with this stuff there is never any smearing or running, no matter what I do. I wore it in May for my son's outdoor wedding and even with the heat and tears my mascara still looked fresh 6 hours later. My only complaint is that it is sooo hard to get off, nothing seems to budge this stuff. If you accidentally get some on your lid as you're applying it, you'd better stop and get it off immediately or it won't budge. I love how it makes your lashes so glossy and super long.