April 16, 2014 | 1648 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this as a great affordable alternative to Bare Minerals or just an overall great mineral foundation. I have combo, sensitive skin with rosacea and mild acne scarring. However, I dislike the feeling of liquid foundations and feel they irritate my skin. So mineral foundations work the best. I have very yellow undertones and am fair, so most drugstore face makeup does not work on me. For those with application difficulty, what I do is tap the jar into the dome lid and pick up the powder in the bottom with a brush to apply! It works great and I literally get ZERO mess with that technique. I've found you can build it to a matte finish, but my skin is on the dry side, so I prefer to layer it with a brush over my moisturizer. This also works really great as a setting powder over concealer. The reason I took a lippie off is because the color could be a bit more fair for my very pale skin, and they need a better color range in my opinion. Otherwise a decent product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

this product is good. it covers nicely and lasts just about all day. but the reason I gave this a 4 is because not of how it works, but the storage. I think these loose powders work better than compact powder but the storage is awful. the other day all I did was merely sweep my hand gently across it and about half of the package was emptied out on the floor, on my vanity, and all over my beautiful coach makeup bag I got as a gift for my birthday! if it was a compact it would've just fallen on the floor and more than likely wouldn't break or anything. I guess I'm gonna have to stick to the compact powder so my clumsy self doesn't waste any more product!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by slivola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't crazy about this line. I did combine two colors in a different container to get my perfect shade and then I used my own brush because the one that comes with it is really rough. But what I didn't like was how many times a day I needed to reapply- I was shinier than usual. By the end of the day, I had power build up in my smile lines- ugh!

I have happily switched to proactiv's mineral wear line of powders and am loving them. Their loose powder is nice but VERY expensive for the tiny amount you get, so I switched to their pressed mineral powder foundation and I just apply that with a powder brush instead of a powder puff/sponge. I have beautiful results and never get the build up in my lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ZoeyZRambles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What I loved about this product was that it lasted for forever! Almost a year, and I use this for touch ups like 3 times a day. I use a lot of product as well. But it doesnt do what it claims: controls oil. Maybe I'm just too oily, but i find myself blotting like 3-4 times a day.
The coverage isn't great either, so it's alright for everyday use. you don't need porcelain skin 24/7. i pack on the foundation for more coverage, and my oils make it appear less cakey.
also, the brush is terrible. once you wash it, it smells like ... lamb or something. something from the farm, lmao. i washed it 7 times in a row and the smell wouldn't leave. i threw it out, it's pretty bad.
overall, the price as definitely worth it, because it came with so much product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Maylihn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

chalky and the brush was the worst I've ever used. The packaging is the perfect way to splatter make-up all over the counter, floor and yourself. Moreover, it made my skin itchy and didn't stay on properly even with make-up primer. The color selection isn't great and even mixing the two shades in the jar did not improve the situation. It was a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by tkkana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

all in all i'm not sure about me buying this product again. some days it looks wonderful on me (today) other days..not so much. the packaging itself is not so bad. it comes with a little brush...which as many have said not the greatest in the world...althou....my puppy dog loved to chew on it. she chose this over all my other brushes drying.(lucky for her) so it must taste pretty good..or smell good. way off topic i know, but i found a use for the brush!
the coverage is light to medium, definately not full. and some days i need full coverage. i do like the fact it has spf in it, make my life easier please! my pale skin appreciates it! the overall feel is quite nice, no itching. (love be coverage, can do without the itchyness!)
and the price without coupon is a bit steep for a ds brand, but it's physicians formula and they do have a lot of good products..so they must figure they can charge whatever they want.
still looking for a hg powder fdtn.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by KCostaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not a huge fan of the packaging or brush... well thats an understatement about the brush, which goes in the garbage the second I open this stuff. The foundation though is wonderful. It has good coverage and makes my skin look nice, but I don't really like it over top of liquid foundation because it looks a little cakey & shiny on my face. I keep going back to this stuff, cause its relatively cheap & works quite well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by itdontstop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this stuff goes on nicely and i liked that it had spf in it, but it broke me out like crazy. i got tons of blackheads all over my face that still haven't fully cleared up. and its been months maybe a year since i stopped using it!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by LizaElliott

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The shade (Creamy Natural) and finish actually worked well for me, but as soon as I put it on, my face started itching--and a day later, I have several new pimples.

And yes, the brush sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by igimmeMAKEUP

I been looking for a 'healthy' foundation I could buy in drugstores that was a reasonable price. and guess what? I found this on sale with a $4 coupon sticker on the packaging! so,def look out for that :) & even without, it's still cheaper than other mineral makeup out there.
ok, so I love the not oily AT all very slight glow it gives me. and i'm assuming that comes from the mica. now the coverage is very sheer, almost none. but I still love just apply a dusting of this powder and that's it for a simple face. I personally don't like using this as a setting powder after foundation. it dosent look good on me. but just as a powder, love it!
I especially LOVE the no talc part & good for your skin ingredients :)
oh! and it has spf 16, it dosent say it on the container but it does
also, I recommend the revlon powder blushes with this powder under. it will give you the perfecttt natural everyday face! I think it's because the revlon one has mica too, & many healthy ingredients :)