September 2, 2014 | 1863 users online

Foundations - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by emeraldee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mineral make up! I love the look of mineral but found I was allergic to talc, which is in a lot of the minerals out there. I was finally directed to used Urban Decay's Surreal Skin line and I LOVE it. The applicator is cool, but I worry that I need to clean it. I like that you can open it too. I open it and dab some on my finger for the "concealer." It looks great, and feels great, and I love it because it's about the only mineral powder out there that I'm not allergic to! It IS $29 and you don't get as much as Mary Kay's for $18, but for someone with allergies to make up it is well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by sat4ngurl

I love this foundation! I usually don't use foundation because I was afraid of clogging up my skin, but an SA at the Urban Decay counter at Macy's made me try it and I loved it.

It makes me skin look more even and looks really natural. It feels light and doesn't look shiny like BE does. I puff on the mineral powder onto my face and then even it out with a brush so it's not caked on at a spot. It makes my skin look healthy and I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by blondie91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I could give this a 3.5. It is a good foundation, but it doesnt cover enough for me. If I try to add more to cover more, it looks cakey. On days where my skin already looks good, this is a great product! But isn't foundation for problem skin? I would repurchase this because this is the best mineral makeup I've tried, and right now my skin is too sensitive for anything else. There are better foundations out there, but this is good for sensitive/acne prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by mna2006lp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EDIT: After using this for 1-2 months, I started to develop cyst like bumps on my cheek, as if my skin was developing an allergic reaction. I thought that my brushes were dirty so I cleaned them, and still i had the same issue. I put on acne creams, everything, nothing worked. Then i stopped using UD and the cysts went away in about a week or so. This is bad for your skin if you have sensitive skin like me and it also clogged my pores. Once I popped a pimple and I could see a layer of the foundation on top of the pus. It was gross. This is NOT good for you, waste of money!! And the staying power is horrible, I had to retouch with this constantly.

I've moved on to Lancome Dual Finish Pressed Powder. It is great. See my review for it!
---------------------------------------
A friend of mine reccomended this product to me and I absolutely LOVE it. It looks SO natural, and believe me I've tried SO many brands from drug store to high end. I believe that foundation for everyday use should be as natural as possible and used to even skin tone, not cake on. This looks great, gives you that glow. It is better (way better) than BE. I find that BE looks shiny and you end up looking like a grease ball after some hours. MAC is way too heavy/cakey, and when you take photos, theres a "ghost" effect. Powder white! not cool.

Just for reference I am NC30/35. I bought both Supernova and Hallucination. However, I like supernova better. It is one shade lighter and covers imperfections well.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by colleenh86

I really liked this foundation, but it was too dark for my fair skin, and I bought the lightest shade! (I usually buy the NEXT to lightest shade in other makeup lines, so this surprised me.) Also, it made my face look a little orange. Perhaps I should have purchased the translucent powder, but it looked too yellow to me. I think Urban Decay needs to work on creating more color options (on both ends of the skin tone spectrum). Also, the packaging is really convenient, but I'm concerned about the hygiene of it. I think Philosophy makes a similar product that can be purchased with replacement puffs....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by whitemamacita

Well I wanted to try this MM foundation makeup and it is AWESOME! I purchased it in Hallucination and the color matches great. I must say that this foundation has given me the best coverage EVER with a mineral foundation and I have tried a lot, this is the best. I have totally converted to Urban Decay line and it is working out great. I didn't break out from anything and this stuff photographs beautifully. I went out of town and took PICS and my face seemed to just glow. I also use the blush and bronzer. I have never tried using the weird puffs before with these kind of foundations but decided to with this one and I found I like it. It gives me a nice even coverage. I pat it on and than smooth it in, so I have converted from the brush to this. The price isn't horrible for MM as i have paid a lot more and got less results. I recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by gigiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fellow light-skinned gals, we are out of luck with this one. I'm NC15 and was so excited to try this but alas, the lightest color is way too dark and orangey for me. The finish is nice and coverage is light-medium depending on how you apply-use a kabuki for heavier coverage. Didn't cover up my acne or acne scars though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by GlitterChocolateCake

This does make my skin look really nice and even, when used with a brush, not with the weird puff thing which made my face look orange, but it gives me really bad spots a few days later. I wanted to love it, but can't use it because it irritates my not that sensitive skin. Am still dealing with the results 2 weeks later :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2008 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Peaches27

So far I like it, only been a few days though. It gives a nice, natural finish. Not too shiny, not too matte. The first color I picked worked, I think it's called alabaster (sp?) nice medium beige color. I was looking for something to replace my stupid Almay minerals. I have been using them for a while because I just couldn't make up my mind on what else to try. Which, I have tried a few other things in the last few months but didn't like any of them at all. Anyway, I'm going to finish the container before I decided for sure if I will re-purchase. I use foundation every day so I can see this running out a little too quickly and at $30 bucks a pop.

EDIT- well, 3 weeks later and of course....it just isnt what I hoped for. It has Mica and Bismuth...Bismuth makes my face itch like crazy and I think perhaps Mica is causing me to breakout. I never thought of it before but then did some research and read that Mica can cause irritation. So, I ordered some Aubrey Organics foundation powder that has none of that irritating stuff since I like the application of mineral makeups...I do not want to go back to liquis. Hopefully it will work better on mys sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by mabethg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for the past few months, and I love it! Depending on how much you apply, coverage can be light-medium. It evens out my skin tone and helps cover up blemishes. My skin is acne-prone, and this foundation doesn't cause me to break out. It looks natural and feels really light, as if I'm not wearing any makeup. It's pricey at $29.00. But I don't mind too much considering the jar will last me a really long time. While the packaging looks awesome, it's not very convenient for me since I don't use the included sponge. I transferred some of the product into a more simple sifter jar, and use it that way. Despite the packaging, I would repurchase since it's the product itself that matters :)