July 24, 2014 | 1060 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by whitley0499

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice product to have around the house. It's a beauty item, but also should be part of your first aid arsenal. We use this on bug bites, or any other skin irritation. I use it with Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and it works wonders. The clay alone has no scent, but with the Braggs it just smells like vinegar. It doesn't leave any lingering smell. I don't use it on my entire face because my skin is combination and could dry out your dry areas too much, but it makes a great spot treatment for acne or any blemishes. Its great for removing blackheads from the nose area or chin you can feel it tightening and pulling out the impurities when you apply it. I once had a painful ingrown hair near my bikini area and after 2 applications of this bentonite clay it went down and was no longer an issue.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by happygrrl1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just used this mask for the first time and although it's not exactly a pleasant experience, I definately found it to be effective, especially since I followed it with a pore strip. What a combo!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ughhhhhskinsux

So, this is my go to product if I am having a skin freak out. I went on vacation and I am not sure what happened but, I think I got some sort of infection on my face. I am pretty sure it was staph because I have experienced it before. So, I mix this with collidal silver and spot treat and AMAZING! The result was incredible. No Joke, gone in 2 days. There were 4 spots and they were really bad and inflamed, I tried not to pick but...I extracted one of them and immediately knew it was not an ordinary pimple. So, if this will work for staph I know it would work for an ordinary pimple. It really dries out your skin but, I use retin a at night so it sheds very quickly. I'll take some dry skin over inflammation any day:)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by rebeccabaeza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

All I have to say about this stuff is that it is AMAZING! Let me be more specific:
The experience: I am 49 yrs old and do my monthly facial routine at a medical spa where I do my botox. Recently I'd been getting some DMAE facials there but that stuff is not cheap, especially with my move from TX to CA and no job, so I had to cut down. I like natural ingredients bc I have found that just become something is super-expensive does not mean the stuff works. In fact, I have been disappointed with Big Name products many, many times and found natural works best... for me.

Anywho, my face had been acting up, super dry sometimes, then super oily... It would not make up its mind. I started looking like crap... old. Nooooooo!! we cant have that!! I've experienced Queen Helene products and have ALWAYS gone back to those bc they work and you can't beat the price. Then I came across this Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask and decided to try it.

I must admit it took about 3 times to finally get the hang of the mix (with ACV). By the third time I added crushed aspirin (I have hyperpigmentation areas) and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. Next I will try adding some honey to the mix as suggested on a previous review.

The Price: Approx $5 for 1 lb powder, makes this extremely cost effective. You only need 2 tablespoons at the most and a couple of capfuls of ACV. You can customize your mix after that like I do. This should last me a very long time as this makes a thick paste and I just keep applying until I establish a thick layer all over my face. I plan to do this 1-2X/week during the summer months when I am most oily and then spot treatment during colder months.

I find that if you let it dry thoroughly, it can be removed with a very warm, wet, face cloth repeating the process being careful not to really tug too much. Afterward, your face will feel dehydrated. Add your fav moisturizer. I add vitamin E or Argan oil and then I go to sleep or I spend the day vegging or watching movies.

The Pulsating: Yes I felt it, but I really think it is blood flow under your dermis since the tightening is happening at the surface/skin area.

Results: The texture of my face has improved dramatically with consistent use. Just like any skin care regime, consistency is KEY and remember to moisturize, even if you have oily skin you should find a moisturizer specifically for oily skin!

Recommendations: I would DEFINITELY buy again. I wish I could purchase in bulk because every time I really like something, somehow the company stops making the product or they change the ingredients, etc. If there comes a point in time where I would not be able to find this for some reason, I would go back to Queen Helene Mud Mask. Anything else is a waste of money for me.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Yeah, I bought into the hype with this product. Used it a couple of times and it was just meeeeh. Didn't do much of anything really, other than irritate my skin. Did nothing for my pores either. I was not expecting it to unclog pores (extraction does that) but' I thought I'd get some kind of refining, but nope. This was basically....useless. I will stick to Whole Truth Solutions Facial Masks for skin clarifying.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Camchichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great mask (unlike any mask I've ever tried!) Other masks are simply too thin to draw out impurities or over-exaggerate about its benefits - not Aztec Secret! I've been using it about 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks now with much improvement in my scarring (I'm a skin picker) and hormonal acne, as well as a small reduction in blackheads. My skin isn't sensitive so I mix 1 tablespoon of the Aztec powder with about a shot glass of Braggs ACV. I find i get the best consistency if I only add ACV to the powder once (even though the jar of Aztec Secret says you can add a little more powder or liquid to get the right consistency) because it only becomes foamy the first time. If you try to add more liquid after you have mixed the mask, the liquid doesnt absorb and if you try to add more powder, its too clumpy. *Having a foamy consistency also makes your utensils easier to clean!* I layer it on thick AVOIDING THE NECK (literally made my skin feel like leather in Death Valley), hide my green swamp creature face, then just run warm water over my face in the shower for a few minutes before I start to gently rub off the mask. Your face will most likely be red afterwords, but should subside in about 30-40 minutes. I like to use CeraVe PM Moisturizer following.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by titiesayang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it works, i received lots of compliment

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by wishfulwords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for Australian Healing Clay; bentonite clay. I couldn't find Aztec Secret anywhere in Australia. The closest thing I could find in most health food stores was hydrated bentonite (diluted to roughly a few %), but I was fortunate enough to find a tub of bentonite clay powder at Evelyn Faye, a health store in Melbourne CBD.

How it works: Before purchasing, I did plenty of research on how this clay works. Bentonite, sometimes referred to as Montmorrillonite, has a strong negative charge. Therefore, the molecules bond and absorb toxins (which carry positive charges). Hence it is used for detoxification, helps with digestive disturbances/allergies/intolerances. Mine is a cream coloured clay, though I have heard the colour varies between grey, cream and green.
Uses: Unlike Aztec Secret (from what I read), this products is also safe to take internally. Add a teaspoon of clay to a glass of water. It is also used for facials, mud baths, foot baths, hair masks..quite versatile.
Price: I paid $40 for 1kg, which obviously is a considerable amount more than one would be able to get Aztec Secret for. However, this is the only one I could find available in Australian stores, the quality is good (we have strict quality regulations), and it DOES NOT EXPIRE! So this will probably last me for years and years :D
My experience: I tried taking this internally every day for a few weeks, adding a teaspoon of clay to a glass of water. I felt like it helped settle my gut from discomfort or just aid disgestion from a heavy meal but I stopped taking it because it was causing my skin to purge nasty bacteria filled pimples. I tried to push past the purging stage but alas could not take it anymore. Now I use it as a face mask, using a combination of water (many use ACV, but my skin can't tolerate that) and clay once a week. I like to use it as a thick paste consistency, and leave it on until it has fully dried and hardened. It seems to suck out a lot of gunk and after I wash it off I always look forward to checking out whether it's managed to loosen up any of my pesky blackheads. Sometimes I'll do a pore strip the next day and...let's just say the results are simultaneously fascinating and gross :p Please note that it can be a very drying mask, so once a week with sufficient moisturizing after! I don't think that this will end my acne problems (I still get hormonal acne, and this will not prevent acne resulting from poor cell turnover, diet etc) but it certainly will help with cleaning out my pores from bacterial-related acne.
Warnings: Don't store or allow contact with metal objects. This reduces the effectiveness as it affects the ionic charge. If you are using this on your face, it may leave skin red for awhile after usage externally- this is normal and not a reaction, but due to the increased blood circulation that has been promoted. Also, no laughing, eating or talking or you may find yourself in wrinkletown!

Overall, I would highly recommend this for anyone with oily, acne-prone skin, or taken internally for those looking to detox/reduce bowel discomfort.

FYI here's the site of the brand that I purchased: www.healingclay.com.au/

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by yalcrab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I haven't found this to be very useful for my face because it's a little too drying for my skin type, but I hear that it's great on oily skin. Be warned that it will leave your skin looking red for about half an hour after using it; and it's very important to moisturize immediately afterwards. I would suggest mixing it with organic unrefined apple cider vinegar.

It has worked really well as a scalp treatment for dandruff. I mix it with apple cider vinegar, and a little bit of jojoba oil until it's a watery mixture. I dampen my hair first, and then apply the mixture to my scalp. I then wrap my head in plastic-wrap to prevent it from drying out. Next, sit around looking like a crazy person for 20-30 mins. I then rinse it all out and wash/condition my hair as usual. Your scalp will feel so clean, and completely flake free.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by maggiealisa

I love this stuff! I originally tried it with raw organic apple cider vinegar, but I HATE the smell of that stuff. It literally makes me nauseous. Then I tried it with water, but it just turned it into a clumpy mess. Finally, I tried it with 50/50 lemon juice and water, and it gave me the same mousse like texture that the ACV did, but with a much better smell. I love how this stuff feels on my face as it is drying. For only $7, this was a steal.