Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 9/11/2014 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is pretty great stuff... I just bought it last night and tried it today and I have to say it's comparable if not better than the more expensive mud/clay masks I've tried... I've been using Origins clear improvement active charcoal mask (which is like 25 bucks at Sephora for a 3.4 oz. tube) and while I like that one very much, I must say this stuff is a little better and for 6 something for a 1 lb. container you can't beat it.... I used one tablespoon of this stuff and it made enough for I'd say about 3 masks so this stuff will last FOREVER. I have combination, sometimes sensitive skin with the occasional break-out, and it didn't dry my drier parts out much and sucked up all the oil on my oilier parts and what small pimples I had started to diminish (though weren't entirely gone). When I rinsed my face looked clean, clear and matte and hours later still does...I opted out of using ACV because I thought that might be a little much for my skin, but I recommend if you don't have ACV or if you have slightly sensitive skin like me to mix with milk and not water... it mixes VERY well with the milk and also has added skin benefits like the lactic acid... (Although I think if you're trying to get rid of any pimples the ACV would make a big difference, if you have sensitive, pimple prone skin maybe mix with the ACV for spot treatment and milk for an all over facial... if you're using ACV though whether you have sensitive skin or not it's still probably a safe bet to dilute it with a little water)...But I definitely recommend trying this product before you go and splurge on one of those expensive clay/mud masks...

on 8/31/2014 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The BEST mask for people with oily skin, and large pores. Dirt cheap too. A tub will last you a very long time.

I mix one teaspoon of the clay with one teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar. I mix until I get a mousse consistency. I apply on clean face and let it dry completely. My face feels tight and it pulsates. I remove it with warm water. No need to use a washcloth, it will only irritate the skin. I rinse with cold water and then apply my moisturizer. My face looks red for a few minutes but it goes away. My skin is left glowing.

Nothing shrinks my pores like this mask. I will repurchase this mask over and over again.

on 8/30/2014 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really had high expectations after reading all the good reviews about this product. I've mixed it with ACV and water but it just doesn't do anything for my skin.

on 8/29/2014 6:15:00 PM

My favorite Mask!

on 8/29/2014 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have to admit, it's not exactly the miracle working holy grail product that I expected. There was a lot of hype about this product and I figured I had to give it a try. I ordered it online from Amazon for barely 17 dollars, because it's not available in Canada. I have used it twice now on my body and my face, and I can already see an improvement in my skin. Granted, it doesn't cure acne and blackheads, but it does suck out the bad stuff which helps acne/blackheads/enlarged pores to look better. I only use this stuff once a week, otherwise it would dry out my skin terribly but it's enough, your skin looks great and it even glows a bit after you use this stuff. Definitely repurchasing. It feels like the mask pulls out all your impurities and it leaves your face/body/etc. feeling really clean.

on 8/25/2014 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product is simply put a great weekly facial for your skin. No need to go to a dermatologist/easthecian to have your monthly or weekly facial. All you need is this clay.

Clears my pores and brings surface oils to the skin for easing cleaning and extraction. Does not dry my skin.

I mix this with apple cider vinegar, epsom salt and honey. It becomes a nourishing, hydrating and pore cleaning mask :D This rivals $250 dollar facials haha :D

I tub can last for 8 months.

on 8/14/2014 7:38:00 PM

This stuff is seriously one of the best purchases I've ever made. With a few more ingredients, I can create a mask with this very similar to the famous (and expensive) Glam Glow mud mask. Not only does it last FOREVER, but it is amazing at clearing out the pores and giving skin a beautiful glowing appearance.

on 8/11/2014 12:03:00 PM

I saw this at H-Mart yesterday and figured "why not? $6 for a huge tub. Can't go wrong". I personally mixed this with witch hazel, rosewater, and a tiny bit of normal water. It was pretty clumpy but I was quite lazy with the mixing. I let it sit on my face for about 10 minutes. I did feel a tingling and pulsing in my skin towards the end. I will say that it was a tad bit uncomfortable. Washing it off was about the same difficulty as the QHMJM, I'm always afraid it will stain everything. But all this aside. when I was done rinsing it off my skin was almost glowing! I could actually notice less blackheads on my nose and a reduction in my pores. I am currently having break outs around my laugh lines and right on my chin and those were drastically reduced, and the laugh line ones were actually completely gone (they were just clogged pores, I guess whatever was left in them got sucked up). I'm going to continue to play around with the way I mix it and what to mix it with, but I believe that this product is a miracle for oily skinned people like me with huge cloggy pores. For $6 for a tub that lasts a lifetime, you should really try it.

on 8/10/2014 6:54:00 PM

Spent the best part of a week scrolling through endless reviews on treatment for acne when i came across this, and i am so pleased i did. I received it on Wednesday & ran around to Holland & Barratts to pick up a bottle of ACV. When i came home eagerly got to work mixing up my hopeful little 'miracle'. After preparing the mask & lied on my bed, clock watching for around 25 minutes before washing it off. Now i have tried everything i could possibly get my hands on to treat my spot, even Retenol from the docs so i had my doubts. After washing it off i stood in the mirrror for a good 10 mins, i dont think i have seen my face look so clean!! My pimples seem to be less visable, less pertruding & im glowing. I have used 3 times since & so so greatful to this site as i wouldnt of seen this.

on 8/9/2014 12:37:00 PM

I bought this mask last night in the health section of my super market because I've seen it all over pinterest. And honestly, if most people say it works, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Came home and mixed it in a glass bowl (good) with a metal utensil (bad. It clearly states on the packaging not to do that. I did anyway. Big mistake.) I mixed with water instead of acv, which made it super chunky and thick no matter how much water I used. So eventually I gave up my quest for the perfect consistency and attempted to get my face covered in what looked like green cottage cheese. Seriously, do what it says on the packaging!

By the time I went to wash it off my whole face was so tight I didn't want to move my neck. Despite the awful consistency it came off pretty easily, but if you have a super thick amount on like I did, I'd try to take off the thick pieces and just put them in the trash. Trust me, save your sink the trauma. Still, I was more impressed than I thought I'd be.

This morning though, I decided to try it out again, this time doing everything the right way. Used the glass bowl and the end of a cheap makeup brush to stir up a much smaller amount to put on my t-zone and one awful cyst I woke up with. The stuff is on my nose, and chin as I write the review and I kid you not, I can feel my face pulsating! That acv makes all the difference in my opinion. Also, much less horror was left in my sink when I went to wash out the bowl. No clogging or thoughts of calling the plumber in my head.

After last nights mask mess I still thought the product did a dang good job. But I just washed off the acv version and I swear that makes it soooooo much better! If your skin can handle the acv, do it! My pores are all cleaned out and lovely again, and that cystic monstrosity that developed over night dramatically reduced in one use. I'm using it again tonight to spot treat and I can bet that'll knock it out completely.

Because it does make your skin super tight, I'd recommend really slathering on a good face lotion or even coconut oil afterwards. My face did feel (but didn't look) slightly irritated and red, which went away after giving it a good dose of moisture.

This product does the job, and doesn't break the bank.

Popular Masks