November 28, 2014 | 1460 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely wonderful exfoliation product for all skin types.

Price is perfect, only 7-10 dollar for over a months use. I highly recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by carick85

Let's see.. this works pretty well at bringing all the junk in your pores to the surface, but it doesn't magically get rid of anything. I have extremely sensitive skin and can't leave it on for that long because it starts burning pretty bad after a few minutes. When it starts to dry it gets really really itchy. Sometimes I have to run to the bathroom to wash it off. I think it is worth it, but can only stand to do it once every two weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by kayakp

i have a love/hate relationship with this mask it helps lighten my acne scars, clear my breakouts,remove my dry flaky patches from all my acne products and so much more! i mix mine with apple cider vinegar but sometimes i do a little water mixed too cause sometimes its a little too much for my sensitive skin. Although this works wonders for my skin in no way is this mask soothing. when i have it on my face it goes through stages first it pulsates (which i dont mind it feels cool) but then it begins to burn(REALLY BAD) and then lastly it begins to itch as its drying (SO BAD)!! it literally feels like my face is disintegrating off but i just try to remind my self of all the pros! i thought it was the apple cider vinegar but even with just water it hurts! so yeah thats just a warning but i will continue to stick through and use this mask.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by SweetTeaAndKerouac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG for sure. This mask is incredible. It dries up acne faster than anything I've ever used, while being gentler than anything else on the market. I use it as an all-over clarifying mask at least 2x week and sometimes more if my skin needs a pick-me-up (which happens a lot in college lol). My SO tried it for the first time last night; he never breaks out but a new protein powder had given him a smattering of little zits on his forehead and between his eyebrows. He left a thin layer on overnight and was shocked to see that they were GONE in the morning. It's a great value for the money as well. It takes a little bit of trial and error to figure out how to prepare it, but I've found that I like to make a relatively large batch to last about two weeks and I just keep it in the fridge with no problems.
I highly recommend! Blows QHMJM and Glamglow out of the water!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Magma94

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

LOVNG THIS NATURAL MASK!

I mix 1 teaspoon of powder clay with 1 teaspoon of Bragg Apple Cider vinegar and stir well. It goes on sooo creamy, like butter.
(I used another mask that cost me $60 2 oz! with exactly the same consistency)
I use for my face, chest and back. Dries up pimples quickly to clear the skin.
Leave to dry 20 so minutes and wash off in shower.
Instant next day results of drying blemishes to clear the skin.
Can be a tad drying...for 1 a week, should be fine.

Will continue to use.
Happily.

:-)

UPDATE: Jan 2013 - this is still too drying for me. No longer using.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I think the bad reviews may be contributed to having some sort of reaction to the product?
I use this with Bragg's ACV and pop an activated charcoal pill into the mix. Apply it to the face and leave on about 30 minutes. I feel significant tingling and pulling on the skin. I then wash off in the shower. My skin is red for awhile but that's because it has started the blood flow to my face. I did experience some purging at first (knew that would happen) but the acne dies off in a day or two.
When I first started using it, I did it twice a week to hurry up the purging process. After that I knocked it down to once or twice a month. It really makes my skin look and feel amazing and clean. I did put it to the test...after using it, I took a cotton swab with alcohol on it and swooshed it across my entire face...no dirt, no residue!
Personally, I love the product and will continue to purchase :-)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by HolyyMoleyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't write reviews often, but I had to for this one. I've been using this for several months now, and it's absolutely amazing. I have dry acne prone skin, and while it seems like a clay mask would dry it out even further, it's a GREAT exfoliator, so my night creams are so much more effective after I use this. It really does tingle and pulsate when it dries, I didn't believe the claim until I tried it, but it's the strongest tightening you will ever feel with a mask. It's not a 'pleasant' feeling, but it is really cool to feel for yourself that it's sucking out dirt and oil from your skin. I use this once a week, I used to use it twice a week but I find I don't need it as often anymore. It's great if you feel like you have some traces of makeup left on your skin because it really gets everything out. I've noticed a huge improvement in my acne since I've been using it. Your face does get very red afterwards, but you can tell its from the blood rushing to where it's pulled the skin tightly. I never really got much benefit from Biore pore strips, but this blows them out of the water. Please, please try it, it's so cheap and you get sooooo much for the money. Just remember that it works best with apple cider vinger-the REAL kind, from a health food store, like the Braggs brand, that's raw, unfiltered, and has the 'mother' in it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I, also, do not understand the rave reviews on this products. I was tempted to purchase it years ago, when I was working the health food store circuit, but as a college student, I had no money. Good thing I didn't skip bus fare or food for buying this. I purchased it last week, along with the raw apple cider vinegar, and was so excited to try it. What a mess. What a stink. What a waste of time. I'm not sure what vulgar procedures my skin has gone through that other peoples' have not, but I did not have the incredible tingling, stinging, pore-sucking experience everyone else writes about. The mask dried. I removed it. And other than having eyebrows that needed extra cleaning, my skin was no better & no worse. It was not monumental. I have used far better masks, with far less prep & clean-up, that yield far better results.

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by elajean

I couldn't get past the "initial breakout" or "purging period."

I used it months ago and swore "NEVER AGAIN" but it was just sitting there collecting dust in my bathroom closet and one day, I thought, "well I'll just use it as a spot treatment on blemishes." I tried it - mixed a tiny bit with some water, dabbed it on a couple of blemishes and left it on over night. In the morning, nothing. They didn't shrink or look less red or anything.

OK, so now I'm thinking too much, I really want to give this mask another go, can't remember what happened that was so bad the first time - "I mean I know I broke out, but was it really that bad? Maybe it wasn't actually brought on by the mask.. look at all these rave reviews, everyone LOVES it! Maybe there's just a little purge and then voila! Perfect skin! Come on, give it another go!"

So, I mixed it with water. I know most people mix it with ACV, and a lot of people swear it's necessary for its effectiveness and its consistency, however I KNOW my skin does not like ACV. Even a little bit in an otherwise very soothing toner has irritated my skin. No way, man, not for me. Anyhow, I didn't have any problems with the consistency - just added a little clay at a time to a couple tablespoons of water. The bigger issue was finding a non-metal mixing tool.

I put the mask on and left it for about 20 minutes. I agree that this is a very strong mask, the tightening feels like it's pulling your face right off - it's awesome.

Then, a clean rag wetted with warm water and a few good swipes takes the mask off. And for the record, clay masks are a little messy, no big deal.

My skin was a little red for a little while - I wasn't worried about it. It felt clean. I slabbed on a bit of facial oil and went to work.

The redness went away, by the way.. in, I don't know, 20 minutes, I'd say.
At work, nothing special. No one told me I was glowing. I looked in the mirror a few times to see if little bumps were gone or of anything gross was sitting on the surface waiting for me to just wipe it away (reviews I'd read lead me to believe something like this might actually happen). Nothing. Wait, actually a little something - looks like maybe some new little bumps? Ugh, let's wait and see. So that night I did my usual routine and I was off to bed.

In the morning, my skin usually looks its best - calmed and hydrated and nourished. Oh, no. Not this morning. Little closed comedones sprinkled all over my skin and forehead and to either side of my nose. Pink marks that look like pimples under the skin waiting to come to the surface dot my cheeks, the tip of my nose and some more just for fun all over my chin and forehead. We're talking seriously blotchy-bumpy-inflamed face. The worst my skin has ever looked, ever.

So I freaked out, started looking for something about this kind of nasty reaction to this mask and couldn't find anything. A few people casually mention that "the first couple times of use did cause a little breakout BUT.." or something along those lines, but for me, there IS no "BUT." Something that causes irritation like that does not get another chance. I don't understand what my skin would be purging - if my skin needs to purge something, it's going to do so ON ITS OWN. Our bodies have many amazing ways of ridding themselves of toxins and impurities on their own. Sorry, not a believer in this stuff. I'm sure it does work wonders for some, but be cautious. It's been 4 days and my skin has still not calmed.

13 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by misskscott

So I have had this product for almost 3 months. I do a mask using equal part Apple Cider Vinegar, and I do a mask once every week. My process of doing the mask include a deep exfoliation with an exfoliating sponge (bought at TJ MAXX) with Biore deep pore cleansing scrub. Then I hold my face over a steaming pot of water for 5 minutes (not to close though). This is to help open my pores. Then I put on the mask and leave it on till it is completely dry.
Washing of the mask can be difficult because it really sticks to the skin. I find it easier to just run your face under water and rub it away once the mask becomes wet clay again.
I think it really helps with my acne and makes my face feel extra clean.