December 21, 2014 | 867 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Everyone has their own method of applying this mask and mine is adding water and mixing it in a sandwich bag so there's less mess. Leave it on for 10-15 mins and my skin is all good! Total HG for my skin that's combination, sensitive and acne-prone I no longer get hormonal breakouts thanks to applying this once or twice a week. It burns slightly and has a tightening effect that I don't particularly enjoy, but it's worth it for the smooth, clear skin I experience afterwards. Don't leave this on longer than 15 minutes! It will irritate and burn your face in my experience, so less is more. Ill repurchase definitely and this is one of the few face treatments I can use without fear of breaking out.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is very sensitive, dry, and acne prone.

I was scared to try this clay because of the reviews citing the drying, pulsing & tightening effects that some reviewers felt. However overall the reviews were so positive & the product so cheap I decided to give it a try with a twist tailored to my skin issues. I used the clay but added 100% aloe vera juice & Bragg's ACV in a ratio of 1:3, 5 drops of tea tree oil, & 1/4 of an avocado. I left this on for abt 30 mins. With this mixture I avoided the pulsating & drying effects of the clay. When I removed the mask my skin was glowing with no redness or irritation. After removal I put a blend of rice bran & jojoba oils on my skin.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This product is great. My skin isn't perfectly smooth yet because this mask keeps bringing stuff up to the surface. I love how deep this mask gets. I mix one spoonful of clay with one cap of organic apple cider vinegar. I get a nice smooth consistency that way. I'm amazed by how little I have to use. I leave on for about thirty minutes. I'll definitely buy again once(if I ever) run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely wonderful exfoliation product for all skin types.

Price is perfect, only 7-10 dollar for over a months use. I highly recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by carick85

Let's see.. this works pretty well at bringing all the junk in your pores to the surface, but it doesn't magically get rid of anything. I have extremely sensitive skin and can't leave it on for that long because it starts burning pretty bad after a few minutes. When it starts to dry it gets really really itchy. Sometimes I have to run to the bathroom to wash it off. I think it is worth it, but can only stand to do it once every two weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by kayakp

i have a love/hate relationship with this mask it helps lighten my acne scars, clear my breakouts,remove my dry flaky patches from all my acne products and so much more! i mix mine with apple cider vinegar but sometimes i do a little water mixed too cause sometimes its a little too much for my sensitive skin. Although this works wonders for my skin in no way is this mask soothing. when i have it on my face it goes through stages first it pulsates (which i dont mind it feels cool) but then it begins to burn(REALLY BAD) and then lastly it begins to itch as its drying (SO BAD)!! it literally feels like my face is disintegrating off but i just try to remind my self of all the pros! i thought it was the apple cider vinegar but even with just water it hurts! so yeah thats just a warning but i will continue to stick through and use this mask.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by SweetTeaAndKerouac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG for sure. This mask is incredible. It dries up acne faster than anything I've ever used, while being gentler than anything else on the market. I use it as an all-over clarifying mask at least 2x week and sometimes more if my skin needs a pick-me-up (which happens a lot in college lol). My SO tried it for the first time last night; he never breaks out but a new protein powder had given him a smattering of little zits on his forehead and between his eyebrows. He left a thin layer on overnight and was shocked to see that they were GONE in the morning. It's a great value for the money as well. It takes a little bit of trial and error to figure out how to prepare it, but I've found that I like to make a relatively large batch to last about two weeks and I just keep it in the fridge with no problems.
I highly recommend! Blows QHMJM and Glamglow out of the water!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Magma94

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

LOVNG THIS NATURAL MASK!

I mix 1 teaspoon of powder clay with 1 teaspoon of Bragg Apple Cider vinegar and stir well. It goes on sooo creamy, like butter.
(I used another mask that cost me $60 2 oz! with exactly the same consistency)
I use for my face, chest and back. Dries up pimples quickly to clear the skin.
Leave to dry 20 so minutes and wash off in shower.
Instant next day results of drying blemishes to clear the skin.
Can be a tad drying...for 1 a week, should be fine.

Will continue to use.
Happily.

:-)

UPDATE: Jan 2013 - this is still too drying for me. No longer using.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I think the bad reviews may be contributed to having some sort of reaction to the product?
I use this with Bragg's ACV and pop an activated charcoal pill into the mix. Apply it to the face and leave on about 30 minutes. I feel significant tingling and pulling on the skin. I then wash off in the shower. My skin is red for awhile but that's because it has started the blood flow to my face. I did experience some purging at first (knew that would happen) but the acne dies off in a day or two.
When I first started using it, I did it twice a week to hurry up the purging process. After that I knocked it down to once or twice a month. It really makes my skin look and feel amazing and clean. I did put it to the test...after using it, I took a cotton swab with alcohol on it and swooshed it across my entire face...no dirt, no residue!
Personally, I love the product and will continue to purchase :-)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by HolyyMoleyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't write reviews often, but I had to for this one. I've been using this for several months now, and it's absolutely amazing. I have dry acne prone skin, and while it seems like a clay mask would dry it out even further, it's a GREAT exfoliator, so my night creams are so much more effective after I use this. It really does tingle and pulsate when it dries, I didn't believe the claim until I tried it, but it's the strongest tightening you will ever feel with a mask. It's not a 'pleasant' feeling, but it is really cool to feel for yourself that it's sucking out dirt and oil from your skin. I use this once a week, I used to use it twice a week but I find I don't need it as often anymore. It's great if you feel like you have some traces of makeup left on your skin because it really gets everything out. I've noticed a huge improvement in my acne since I've been using it. Your face does get very red afterwards, but you can tell its from the blood rushing to where it's pulled the skin tightly. I never really got much benefit from Biore pore strips, but this blows them out of the water. Please, please try it, it's so cheap and you get sooooo much for the money. Just remember that it works best with apple cider vinger-the REAL kind, from a health food store, like the Braggs brand, that's raw, unfiltered, and has the 'mother' in it.