April 20, 2014 | 1637 users online

Masks - Oatmeal

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by sixjoy

After watching bubzbeauty's video, I went to try it out. I don't have acne but I do have some minor pimples on my forehead and some pimple scars on my cheeks. I grabbed a handful of oatmeal and ran it under warm water. I squeezed the water onto my hand and wiped it over my face and then scrubbed the oatmeal all over my face. After washing it off, my skin looked way cleaner and my pimple scars looked less obvious. After a few days of not using those commercial facial wash, my skin was absolutely glowing! I went back to using my commercial facial wash because I was still skeptical but my cheeks turned red ): I'm gonna using oatmeal forever!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by retrea

This stuff rocks.
I've had atopic dermatitis (a severe form of eczema) as long as I can remember, and acne since I was a preteen.
During break outs I add one tablespoon of finely ground oatmeal to one tablespoon of plain, organic yogurt. I mix it up and then spread it on my damp face, leave it for twenty minutes, wash it off, and then spend the next few hours dancing and singing about my lovely, smooth skin.
For eczema break outs, I tie my hair up (wash your hair beforehand, never at the same time as your body. The chemicals in your shampoo and conditioner aggravate the eczema.) and put oatmeal in a square piece of fabric, seal it off with a rubber band, and then chuck it in a lukewarm bath. Soak for no more than fifteen minutes, and then pat yourself dry with a towel. Then, moisturize with a fragrance-free moisturizer. Afterwards, if you would like to- and I highly recommend that you do- dance around and sing about your lovely skin. :P
Hope this helps. :)

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Three days of using oatmeal as a cleanser (like bubzbeauty does) and my skin is completely different. My skin is so dry, sensitive and acne prone and I don't know why i didn't try this sooner. All of the painful pimples I had are either gone or dried up. My redness is all gone and my skin has never been softer and more glowy. Love love love! I will never use chemical-filled cleansers again!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried oatmeal as s cleanser after watching bubzbeauty's video and I like it. I immediately notice softer skin and it cleanses well I will continue to use this. I also use it as a mask with yogurt and honey(love that. Too)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I use oatmeal every morning as a face wash. I have very sensitive acneprone skin so do not like using chemical-loaded cleansers. Bubzbeauty has a great video on how to use oatmeal as a cleanser so if you need to know how check that out.

Anyway, oatmeal leaves my skin so soft and smooth to the touch, doesn't strip or dry my normal skin out whatsoever. It's great for all skin types - cleanses, exfoliates, moisturizes and rejuvenates skin. My skin looks brighter and clearer after rinsing it off which I love. Doesn't irritate or break me out which is great. I normally just use oatmeal and water but occasionally add some manuka honey perhaps once a month for a real treat. I love the sweet smell that the oatmeal naturally makes when I add the water to it aswell...cheap, natural and works wonders for my skin. The only downside is that it can be VERY messy...I always scoop the oatmeal from my sink after using and put it in the bin so it doesn't block my drains.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by SarahLann

Really good would recomend adding juice of half a lemon if you have acne helps clear up scars :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Benefits of oatmeal mask:
1. Reduces itchiness, redness and skin rashes
2. Helps to regulate oil
3. Can be used as cleanser, mask or scrubs
4. Moisturizes to some degree
5. Easily mixed with other stuff

Just take one or two spoonfuls of plain oatmeal of whatever brand you fancy, but make sure it's the plain variety. Put a bit of hot water til it reaches the consistency of porridge, leave it to cool down for 5 minutes (or put them in the fridge for 30mins for that extra cooling sensation), spread it to thin square cotton pads and just plonk them on the face square by square til you look like a mummy with two moving eyeballs. Take it off after 15mins.

Depending on the condition of my skin, sometimes I mix it with honey (oh, the 1001 benefits of honey), or yoghurt (gotta love how it clears up your skin and tightens the pores) or papaya (for the gentle exfoliation and the anti aging properties).

It's cheap, widely available, effective and easily mixed with other stuff. The only downside I can think of is that it can be messy and requires patience to master the application. Btw if you are allergic to oats then this will certainly not be helping. For me though, this is the perfect remedy when my skin is acting up or when I stupidly use too much of AHA.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I know many people benefit from using oatmeal mask. Just make sure you do a skin patch test first or you may experience the worst horror on your life like me. I didn't know I was allergic to oats. Most people in my family are allergic to oats for some reason. After cleansing with mild baby soap, I applied a layer of warm soft moist oat meal to my face. I left it on til dry. to my horror, my skin turned red and inflamed after I washed the oats off. I did nothing different and I am not even acne prone. I didn't add anything new to my diet. And no new skin care product or cosmetics were introduced on my skin. My skin, however, is sensitive and very fair.

I had to use cortisone to relieve the itchiness, redness, and inflammations. This is absolutely my worst experience with a natural product next to the bismuth in mineral makeup.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by greenleaftree

I have recently started using oatmeal as a facewash (like how bubzbeauty uses it) and immediately noticed good side effects. My face no longer gets super red. This means a lot because I literally cannot wear blush because it just worsens my tomato face. Furthermore, my senstive face has stopped getting itchy/irritated; I haven't touched my cortisone cream since using oatmeal. I don't know if I'm imagining this but my acne scars looks a lot better (maybe because its less red). All in all, my skin is also smoother and softer feeling.
The only thing I don't like is the mess but its a small price to pay for the results.
I plan to try out the other suggestions on here and update the results.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by zannajames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I have combination skin and some blackheads on my nose, but this is a great, gentle exfoliant and makes my skin soft :). It also dries out pimples and reduces redness. Plus, I love using natural cleansers.

You could just do the easy thing and add some water and leave on the face for 15 minutes as a mask like most, but when I did that, it was a little drying. If I'm going to make a mask, I'll add some plain yogurt (to moisturize) and maybe some honey. Sometimes, if my face is really broken out, I'll throw in some nutmeg, or if it's really red, add some green tea to it.

Mainly what I do, though, is add some water and gently massage into my face, especially the rough areas then rinse with warm water. It REALLY clears, reduces pimple size and redness, and makes my skin soft and smooth. Cheap, natural, and effective. Great :)