New York Color 309B Sheer Red

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Castor Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ozokerite, Candelilla Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceresin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Beeswax, Lanolin Oil, PEG-4 Diheptanoate, Petrolatum, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Carnauba Wax, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Tin Oxide, Silica. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine

on 9/12/2008 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! It's my new HG! It's the perfect neutral red for my light/med olive skin. Not sheer, which I like. But not thick and opaque either. Perfect consistency. No smell. Not drying. Love everything about it. Definitely repurchase over and over again.

on 9/9/2008 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! It is the perfect red. I just bought two sticks this weekend because it is always sold out in our local Target and I was lucky to find some.

And you can not beat the price.

on 6/11/2008 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great red lipstick - not too sheer, but not really matte and thick either - actually, I think it's just perfect. It's just a plain true red and no weird glitter, no smells, lasts very well, and it's cheap - actually it is perfect except for I hate the lid - you can't swivel it all the way down and I hate that - but overall, this is a winner and right up there with any expensive brand. I love NY Color lipsticks - they are really really good quality.

on 3/13/2008 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Like other reviewers have said, this is most definitely not a 'sheer' red. I don't believe this is a blue-red. If it were, I most likely could not pull it off. I'm a GGG nc40-42, and the only red lipsticks i have successfully used before have come from mac and nars. more specifically, mac dubonnnet, which is a very warm red. in contrasst, i believe this is a neutral red, with raspberry type undertones...I mean I can see this turning pink on me the second it begins to fade. I don't think I'll use this often, I prefer my mac dubonnet. But I am not too upset about it due to the price. It's definitely a wearable red, but not my fave.A bit too bright for my taste, and not a fan of the scent.

on 3/2/2008 10:45:00 PM

Now here is an inexpensive true sheer cool-toned RED to rave about. I love my Besame, but I get the same feeling when I see the way my lips look when I use the NYC Sheer Red--with my fair skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair--red, but not screaming red-at a fraction of the price. This is *not* a quickly disappearing gloss, either. Keeps the lips hydrated and very pretty.

on 2/15/2008 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

For the price, it's definitely worth getting anyway. It has very little staying power, but I just love the color! It's a great warm red that isn't too tacky.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It is a tad purple. It is very dark, but still sheer & I plan on using it with my Retro Red to make it darker.

on 1/30/2008 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I generally don't spend a lot of money on red lipsticks because I never use them up, and I find many reds to be so bright, they border on clownish. I found this one at Target for 74 cents and I was very pleased with the color. It's definitely not sheer, and not bright. It is more of a creamy, muted blue-based red; absolutely no orange to this lipstick. It was deeper and more opaque than I thought it would be, but looks great on my cool, very fair complexion.

Not the creamiest consistency, but that being said, it did stay put; I even had a stain left after two cups of coffee, and not really a lot of transfer.

I like the color a lot, but ideally would like it to be a bit redder, rather than rosy. This is definitely not a blue red. Not as sheer as the name would imply, a better name might be "Soft Red", but can be applied lightly or heavily as desired. I'm a redhead with pale, but ruddy skin and freckles, so red is hard for me to find and pull off. I would definitely repurchase this if I needed another red lipstick, long before shelling out more bucks for something high end that I may or may not end up liking just as well.

I don't mind the cheapness of the packaging, but do wish that the product swiveled all the way down into the tube, as it's easily damaged.

on 12/31/2007 10:07:00 PM

Eh. For the price, this is excellent, but I don't think it's especially impressive compared to some of the better lipsticks outside its price range. Smells cheap, but inoffensive. Sort of sweet and fruity. Despite the name, the texture is neither sheer nor opaque. A little oily on, nothing terrible, nothing special. Color is a wine-red, sort of a beginner's red, not a loud, deep, or true red for the red lipstick freaks out there, IMO. I think Sheer Red looks best applied lightly, which creates a soft, stained ruby look. Not at all bad, but overrated. Basically, I think this is an average product that gets a lot of hype because it costs less than a dollar.

Popular Lipsticks