New York Color 309B Sheer Red

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Castor Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ozokerite, Candelilla Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceresin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Beeswax, Lanolin Oil, PEG-4 Diheptanoate, Petrolatum, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Carnauba Wax, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Tin Oxide, Silica. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine

on 9/26/2008 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this red! As other reviewers have mentioned, it is not too sheer or too matte/intense. I am typically uncomfortable wearing reds during the day (okay at night too!) but this l/s took away that fear.

on 9/12/2008 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! It's my new HG! It's the perfect neutral red for my light/med olive skin. Not sheer, which I like. But not thick and opaque either. Perfect consistency. No smell. Not drying. Love everything about it. Definitely repurchase over and over again.

on 9/9/2008 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! It is the perfect red. I just bought two sticks this weekend because it is always sold out in our local Target and I was lucky to find some.

And you can not beat the price.

on 6/11/2008 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great red lipstick - not too sheer, but not really matte and thick either - actually, I think it's just perfect. It's just a plain true red and no weird glitter, no smells, lasts very well, and it's cheap - actually it is perfect except for I hate the lid - you can't swivel it all the way down and I hate that - but overall, this is a winner and right up there with any expensive brand. I love NY Color lipsticks - they are really really good quality.

on 3/13/2008 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Like other reviewers have said, this is most definitely not a 'sheer' red. I don't believe this is a blue-red. If it were, I most likely could not pull it off. I'm a GGG nc40-42, and the only red lipsticks i have successfully used before have come from mac and nars. more specifically, mac dubonnnet, which is a very warm red. in contrasst, i believe this is a neutral red, with raspberry type undertones...I mean I can see this turning pink on me the second it begins to fade. I don't think I'll use this often, I prefer my mac dubonnet. But I am not too upset about it due to the price. It's definitely a wearable red, but not my fave.A bit too bright for my taste, and not a fan of the scent.

on 3/2/2008 10:45:00 PM

Now here is an inexpensive true sheer cool-toned RED to rave about. I love my Besame, but I get the same feeling when I see the way my lips look when I use the NYC Sheer Red--with my fair skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair--red, but not screaming red-at a fraction of the price. This is *not* a quickly disappearing gloss, either. Keeps the lips hydrated and very pretty.

on 2/15/2008 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

For the price, it's definitely worth getting anyway. It has very little staying power, but I just love the color! It's a great warm red that isn't too tacky.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It is a tad purple. It is very dark, but still sheer & I plan on using it with my Retro Red to make it darker.

on 1/30/2008 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I generally don't spend a lot of money on red lipsticks because I never use them up, and I find many reds to be so bright, they border on clownish. I found this one at Target for 74 cents and I was very pleased with the color. It's definitely not sheer, and not bright. It is more of a creamy, muted blue-based red; absolutely no orange to this lipstick. It was deeper and more opaque than I thought it would be, but looks great on my cool, very fair complexion.

Not the creamiest consistency, but that being said, it did stay put; I even had a stain left after two cups of coffee, and not really a lot of transfer.

I like the color a lot, but ideally would like it to be a bit redder, rather than rosy. This is definitely not a blue red. Not as sheer as the name would imply, a better name might be "Soft Red", but can be applied lightly or heavily as desired. I'm a redhead with pale, but ruddy skin and freckles, so red is hard for me to find and pull off. I would definitely repurchase this if I needed another red lipstick, long before shelling out more bucks for something high end that I may or may not end up liking just as well.

I don't mind the cheapness of the packaging, but do wish that the product swiveled all the way down into the tube, as it's easily damaged.

Popular Lipsticks