MAC Powersurge Eye Kohl

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have finally found an eyeliner color I can wear *under* my eyes. Around my 40th birthday, I gave up using liners under my eyes because I found the darkness just made me look tired. Powersurge is such a light pretty shade that it actually brightens and wakens my blue eyes. This is now a staple in my pencil box.

on 6/20/2003 12:42:00 PM

I love this liner! It makes my eyes stand out, and I've even been known to use it lightly as a lip liner with MAC's Oh Baby Lipglass. I love this, and it's a staple in my make up drawer!

on 5/22/2003 12:32:00 PM

Another huge Rave for this one. As w/ all MAC kohls this goes on so smooth. This is a nice golden bronze color. Its not dark at all so I wear it when I want a quick natural look. I also line top & bottom lashes w/ this when I wear Snapshot paint brings out the gold. Pic in profile.

on 5/6/2003 8:12:00 PM

A really pretty bronzy-gold shade. Very vibrant! Stays put all day. Easy to apply-nice and soft application with no tugging. Brings out green eyes.

on 4/22/2003 5:28:00 PM

I have very small eyes and lining my eyes with darker shades kind of makes them disappear. Not to mention the fact that if I smile - which I am known to do on occasion - it creases all over the place. Powersurge is the perfect shade to help define, but not envelop my eyes. It has great blending texture, but doesn't melt or crease.

on 4/21/2003 2:26:00 PM

My first MAC kohl...love the colour. Used to wear only black or grey liner and thought I'd find powersurge too light, but I love the way it's somehow dark enough to define but bright and shimmery enough to light up my hazel eyes. (I finally know what it means for eyes to "pop"...sounded painful but it's not) The MA put it on the entire upper and lower lid, right into the inner corners, which I had NEVER done before, and it works! If it's not dark enough for ya, try a darker one like prunella on the outer corners - you still get the shimmery pop. It smudges nicely when you apply it, but does tend to fade to a light gold shimmer on me through the day...but that's on bare skin, with no powder to set it or anything, which might help. Kind of expensive, but will definitely buy again.

on 4/21/2003 1:28:00 AM

I love the color that that pencil gives, but I don't like how it smudges sooo much and the cap doesn't stay on very well. But it glides on very well (sometimes too much).

on 4/10/2003 12:42:00 PM

Don't get me wrong, Powersurge is a lovely color, an antique gold, and the product is wonderful, glides on smoothly and lasts. But it just doesn't work for me. It's too light. Even though I'm a PPP, I need a deeper liner to define my eyes. I tried layering this over Teddy Kohl and smudging this on the lid but those were too much trouble for a look I can duplicate easier with eyeshadow (it resembles Stila Holly Go Lightly on my lids).

on 3/28/2003 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Of all the eyeliners I own, Powersurge is definitely my favorite. This dark tarnished gold color looks amazing on my dark brown eyes. It really makes them glow and stand out. Even though my complexion is not very warm (more neutral) this color looks great! As with all other kohls, this goes on smoothly - no tugging or dragging necessary. When I use my current one up I will definitely repurchase.

on 3/2/2003 8:53:00 PM

great golden bronzy eye kohl. looks great with my dark brown eyes, really enhances the look of them. what i put on my eyes (without anything else besides mascara) when i'm on the run and dont have too much time to think about complicated eye looks

Top Rated MAC Products