November 28, 2014 | 1800 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Matte nude/pink color. Great for everyday. Long lasting color. Nice texture. It's my current favorite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 4:42:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

Very pigmented medium browny pink.Smells soo good.(vanilla-ish) and its great for warm skin tones especially.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this colour!! It is a great deeper nude/pink and is very versatile. I do find it drying too, but the effect makes it stay put longer and have an opportunity to apply gloss over top with ease. A great colour for those looking for a natural colour with a little bit of oomph.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by havanadaydreamin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great color. I use it when I want a little more color on my lips than my normal Hug Me or VGV lip glass.

It is drying and it broke about the 2nd time I used it, so I was not happy with that. But the staying power is good, so I just put a dot of lipgloss over it and it works out great.

nw20, light blonde hair, green eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by cleo43107

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I laugh when I see everyone say this is a pink. I call this brown, it looks like brown to me. It is a lovely color and I want to love it because I buy it every couple of years hoping to make it work and it does nothing for me. MAC's satin formula is one of my favorites but this color is awful on me. Like with anything else, you have to try a color for yourself and see if it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Abbieness

I love this lipstick! I have repurchased once. And will again if needed. I'd wear this color everyday if I wore clothes it worked with everyday. I'm between NC 25 and 30, have dark brown eyes, dark brown hair, and pale lips. The color is slightly brick red but a bit towards real red, rather than brown. It is more red than BB's Brown lipstick, which I also love. Love the texture. Medium staying power, do have to reapply at work during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Helena101

After many years of reading about Twig and trying various low-end knock-offs, I finally bought it last month. It was worth the wait and it does live up to the hype. I find it to be a perfect neutral, classy, go with anything shade. I have dark lips and many neutrals don't show up on me at all. Twig is just a shade or two darker than my lip color. It instantly perks me up and looks just right anywhere. It is not that special-looking in the tube, but when you put it on....wow. I particularly like it with a dab of gloss (Prrr looks nice). Love it and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by groovinchic

On a whim I ran into a Macy's while on a business trip in Philadelphia. I asked the beautiful man at the counter for a great everyday look for me, and he chose this. It's fantastic and has been a real influence on getting me to try more pinks. Beautiful with Nymphette!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by alison_wonderland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Twig is the slightly browner cousin of Cosmo and mauver cousin of Fast Play. I love all three of them :)

Twig is a satin, so it is more flat than glossy. I think that it's a nice go with everything, polished lipstick. I like wearing Clinique praline buttershine over it to give it a little pizazz, but I most often wear it by itself.

I will absolutely repurchase this workhorse, but I've had it forever and it's still going strong. I think it's a natural compliment for my skintone (NC30 brunette with dark brown eyes).

*edit* I've decided it's more mauve on me than I'd like - so, I always reach for Cosmo or Fast Play.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 8:47:00 AM More reviews by CamaroChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I chose this lipstick sight-unseen based on a rec from an online MAC artist. I'm usually not big on pinks, but, I have to say, this is a gorgeous color. I've got NC35 coloring, for your reference. As someone said before, it's a great go-with-anything color. I think it seems to have more staying power than most lipsticks I've tried. (Perhaps that's what the Satin's are meant to do?)

Would definitely repurchase.