April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kstarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a staple. It's perfect of everyday wear. It goes with basically with any outfit for any occasion. Wear with gloss for the evening( I actually wear it with Stila's Starfruit) and apply matte for daytime look. I love it but it gets one less lippie because sometimes I find it a bit drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by carabara84

Other than my trusted VG V, I go to Twig for my everyday neutral looks. It's a soft brownish-pink and goes well with almost any eye you go with (accept for overly cool tones). I usually choose the Satin formulas for their high-pigment saturation. If I want to slather it on and get a darker color, it works! If I want to brush it on lightly w/my 318, it works! A very versatile lippie.... will repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty lipstick that would suit girls of medium skintones onwards, since it is a bit on the darker side colour-wise. It's a unique combination of brown and mauve, with enough pink thrown in to still make it look natural. On my AAB, neutral-to-cooltoned NC/NW20 skin with medium pigmented lips, it can come out really lovely or a bit overkill, depending on how I use it. If I dab it on, sort of like a stain, or blot after swiping it on, then it looks like a very rosy lipcolor, with a hint of brown and mauve to make it look like a very grown-up MLBB with some brown, which IMHO makes it the perfect type of color to wear to work. However if I layer it too much, the brown and the mauve tones take over the pink, and it just looks like I swiped dirt on my lips. So while I wouldn't say that fair girls can't wear this colour, I'd advise them to try before they buy, but it should be awesome for medium and darker girls. Also, I like that this is a very neutral color, the mauve and brown sort of balance out the coolness and warmth in the lipstick to give a very neutral pinky-mauve-brown, so girls of all colors can probably wear this and it should flatter almost anyone. However, the only drawback for me is that this lippie is very matte, and I find very drying. However, if you like matte lippies or want something to wear to work that has no shimmer or glitter whatsoever, this is a good colour to look out for, since it's so matte. But I feel it is still best layered over balm due to the drying out effect, but also because the lipstick is so massively pigmented it's very easy to overapply (for my relatively fair skin at least). I've also tried this out as a blush color when I was in a pinch once, and it actually worked really well, gives a natural rosey color with a hint of brown (I don't think I'd recommend it for that use though, unless like me you were in a pinch, it might cause breakouts I think!) I really love this colour if it isn't overapplied, I think it suits all skin tones and is office-appropriate, and I would recommend everyone to give this a shot, especially medium to darker skinned-girls who feel that other lipsticks are too light or do not show up enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sardun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This color is very classic and pretty... not overpowering or to shiny. It's a little too matte for me but the color is amazing so I can just add a little gloss to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by leenybeeny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful neutral lipstick that seems to work well on most skintones. It has a very creamy texture that keeps my lips feeling moisturized. It can be very versatile depending what liner you wear it with as well. You can make it more on the warm side by pairing it with Spice, and the cooler side by pairing it with Plum.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2008 10:14:00 AM More reviews by buchichi

My first MAC lipstick. A classic for me. LOVE this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by rdc1227

This color is wonderful with my red hair and freckled skin. It glides on and leaves behind a wonderful warm shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by NikkiBee

This is a great no-fuss neutral lipstick for me. A brownish, mauve colour, I can wear this lipstick with a bare face if I want to feel put together. Since it is a satin/matte lipstick, you might want to exfoliate and put on a little lip balm before swiping this on unless you like that caked on flaky lipstick look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by lincra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my very pale skin this actually is a bit bright. I mean that in a good way though, it brightens up my face. It is a vibrant pink with a hint of brown on me. Although it is a bit matte and can get dry, on the other hand it has good staying power. I can see myslef repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by hiba

I LOVE this lipstick. I prefer matte lipsticks because they last, and they can be dressed up with different glosses. This color is very complementary with my coloring. Paired with a Wet n Wild lip liner, this stuff lasts a long time...eating, drinking, etc.