July 31, 2014 | 1930 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by groovinchic

On a whim I ran into a Macy's while on a business trip in Philadelphia. I asked the beautiful man at the counter for a great everyday look for me, and he chose this. It's fantastic and has been a real influence on getting me to try more pinks. Beautiful with Nymphette!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by alison_wonderland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Twig is the slightly browner cousin of Cosmo and mauver cousin of Fast Play. I love all three of them :)

Twig is a satin, so it is more flat than glossy. I think that it's a nice go with everything, polished lipstick. I like wearing Clinique praline buttershine over it to give it a little pizazz, but I most often wear it by itself.

I will absolutely repurchase this workhorse, but I've had it forever and it's still going strong. I think it's a natural compliment for my skintone (NC30 brunette with dark brown eyes).

*edit* I've decided it's more mauve on me than I'd like - so, I always reach for Cosmo or Fast Play.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 8:47:00 AM More reviews by CamaroChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I chose this lipstick sight-unseen based on a rec from an online MAC artist. I'm usually not big on pinks, but, I have to say, this is a gorgeous color. I've got NC35 coloring, for your reference. As someone said before, it's a great go-with-anything color. I think it seems to have more staying power than most lipsticks I've tried. (Perhaps that's what the Satin's are meant to do?)

Would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by NurseKaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was recommended to me by several friends. I like the color, but it is very drying to me. I think I will do what others have suggested and apply lip balm first and see of that changes my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to pink lipstick. I've got pretty thin lips but along with Spice lipliner, this makes them look full and soft.
The only complaint I have is that pretty much everytime I buy this lipstick (at least 10 times since it was released many years ago), it breaks off. I think the crayon is too soft, but I can work the rest of the tube with a lip brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kstarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a staple. It's perfect of everyday wear. It goes with basically with any outfit for any occasion. Wear with gloss for the evening( I actually wear it with Stila's Starfruit) and apply matte for daytime look. I love it but it gets one less lippie because sometimes I find it a bit drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by carabara84

Other than my trusted VG V, I go to Twig for my everyday neutral looks. It's a soft brownish-pink and goes well with almost any eye you go with (accept for overly cool tones). I usually choose the Satin formulas for their high-pigment saturation. If I want to slather it on and get a darker color, it works! If I want to brush it on lightly w/my 318, it works! A very versatile lippie.... will repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty lipstick that would suit girls of medium skintones onwards, since it is a bit on the darker side colour-wise. It's a unique combination of brown and mauve, with enough pink thrown in to still make it look natural. On my AAB, neutral-to-cooltoned NC/NW20 skin with medium pigmented lips, it can come out really lovely or a bit overkill, depending on how I use it. If I dab it on, sort of like a stain, or blot after swiping it on, then it looks like a very rosy lipcolor, with a hint of brown and mauve to make it look like a very grown-up MLBB with some brown, which IMHO makes it the perfect type of color to wear to work. However if I layer it too much, the brown and the mauve tones take over the pink, and it just looks like I swiped dirt on my lips. So while I wouldn't say that fair girls can't wear this colour, I'd advise them to try before they buy, but it should be awesome for medium and darker girls. Also, I like that this is a very neutral color, the mauve and brown sort of balance out the coolness and warmth in the lipstick to give a very neutral pinky-mauve-brown, so girls of all colors can probably wear this and it should flatter almost anyone. However, the only drawback for me is that this lippie is very matte, and I find very drying. However, if you like matte lippies or want something to wear to work that has no shimmer or glitter whatsoever, this is a good colour to look out for, since it's so matte. But I feel it is still best layered over balm due to the drying out effect, but also because the lipstick is so massively pigmented it's very easy to overapply (for my relatively fair skin at least). I've also tried this out as a blush color when I was in a pinch once, and it actually worked really well, gives a natural rosey color with a hint of brown (I don't think I'd recommend it for that use though, unless like me you were in a pinch, it might cause breakouts I think!) I really love this colour if it isn't overapplied, I think it suits all skin tones and is office-appropriate, and I would recommend everyone to give this a shot, especially medium to darker skinned-girls who feel that other lipsticks are too light or do not show up enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sardun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This color is very classic and pretty... not overpowering or to shiny. It's a little too matte for me but the color is amazing so I can just add a little gloss to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by leenybeeny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful neutral lipstick that seems to work well on most skintones. It has a very creamy texture that keeps my lips feeling moisturized. It can be very versatile depending what liner you wear it with as well. You can make it more on the warm side by pairing it with Spice, and the cooler side by pairing it with Plum.