January 27, 2015 | 1980 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by whatisaspacebar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

With a product like this I think it's helpful to update my results as a guide for others. My skin can be best described as fair, cool, dry, sensitive with early signs of sun damage and age spots/light wrinkles. I should also mention I recently swapped from using sorbelene cream to cetaphil moisturising cream for dry, sensitive skin as I realised sorbelene was really drying my skin out. For reference, I am using the clarisonic sensitive head.

Day 1: Skin was very inflamed on the cheeks immediately after use; however skin already looked smoother and glowing. Used (am using) the cleansing lotion sample that came with clarisonic.
Day 2: Skin looks healthier, skin did not get inflamed after use. Pin sized acne has appeared on a few places on my cheeks (never ever had acne there before).
Day 3: Skin still looks fresh, but more acne has appeared on my cheeks and side of my face.
Day 4: Stopped using clarisonic cleanser and used cetaphil cleanser for sensitive skin instead. No more breakouts and skin feels better.
Day 5: No more acne. Skin looks glowing, fresh, smooth and healthy. Fine wrinkles around eyes improved- but not gone. Pores still visible (but only if I lean close to a mirror). Skin tone has markedly improved!

So, after one week of using the clarisonic I'm very pleased with the results. My skin has acquired a softer feel and look and generally feels "happier". The tight, dry feeling has completely gone. Unfortunately, as I switched using sorbelene to cetaphil moisturising cream, I'm not sure how much is the clarisonic and how much is the new moisturiser. Pretty sure it's 99.9% the clarisonic's doing. Oh, and despite what other people have said, the clarisonic DOES exfoliate the skin. Unless you have the skin of a rhinoceros, then I'm pretty sure a giant brush whizzing over your face will polish and lightly exfoliate your skin. I was very nervous purchasing this rather expensive product but it's proven its worth thus far a hundred times over. I'm a cynical person and I've been convinced. Will update again if I notice any further +ve or -ve changes in my skin. My only advice would be to use the cleanser that agrees with your skin rather than the samples that come with the clarisonic. I'm certain they are what caused my initial acne flare ups (I don't believe in this so called "skin purging" I've read about). They stopped completely as soon as I switched to cetaphil. All in all an excellent investment for my skin and my appearance!
UPDATE: It's been 2 weeks now and my skin has no breakouts and looks healthier and fresher than it has in years. My makeup applies evenly and I find myself using a lot less of it as my skin appearance has improved beyond my expectations. I look younger. I've started using the clarisonic twice a day- morning and evening and my skin is handling it fine. I wish wish wish I'd bought one of these miracle wands years ago.
2nd UPDATE: So it's been a few months now and my skin remains smooth and healthier/younger feeling/looking. Have learned though, that you shouldn't use it evening and morning- once a day is enough- as it can agitate the skin and cause breakouts. When this happened, I let my skin "settle" and stopped using the clarisonic for a few days. Other than that- it's marvellous.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by JaneAnstee

I bought a Clarisonic Plus (the one that can be used on the face and the body) about 2 months ago in the hope that it would combat my rosacea. It has done that and so much more! My facial skin is as smooth as satin and about 95% of my rosacea has cleared. I use my Clarisonic once a day (at night) to thoroughly remove all traces of makeup - I use it with Ren No 1 Purity Cleansing Balm and the results speak for themselves. MORE than happy with my purchase and I would thoroughly recommend this device to others with troubled skin. At 179 this device was a serious investment, but I'd happily pay that all over again for the benefits I'm reaping from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by kdenae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE my Clarisonic Pro!!! I bought it about 8 months ago and it's a life changer!! I have oily skin and before if was very acne prone. I was so sick and extremely embarrased of my acne and tried everything I could to get rid of it!! I tried different acne solutions and brushes and what not- nothing worked!! Through a searies of things I've come to the conclusion a lot of it was hormonal because when I got my Clarisona I thought I would have fast amazing results and sad to say I did not. But it did help! It made my face smoother and the acne seamed to heal faster. After getting the hormonal part dealt with my acne really subsided, Withing 3 months my fave was and has remained completely clear, smooth, and radient. I love my skin now!! I have to say the clarisonic rerally helped make it heal up faster by keeping it clean and removing all my make up and stuff on my face, also exfoliating and everything else. I feel my acne healed up faster and my scars seam to fade faster, I just makes my skin look great! Best it's ever looked even better than before I had acne. I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by krimzonshell

I have to say, ever since I started using the Clarisonic Brush, my skin has been reborn. I have, or rather had, acne-prone skin with pigmentation and overall unevenness. My acne and subsequent red spots only got worse after I had my child. This brush, in combination with Philosophy's Purity cleaner, has made such a huge difference in my skin that even my husband stopped to comment on how good my skin has been looking. I had a hard time justifying the cost to myself when I saw how expensive the brush was, but seeing how good my skin looks now, it was worth every penny. I use it at night as part of my night routine and every other day use it with a scrub in leiu of the Purity cleanser and its absolutely fantastic. It's not too rough, but you can still feel it working on your face. Be forewarned though, you might break out the first day or two only because it really is cleaning out your pores. Since I started using this, it's helped PREVENT acne cysts and has limited my breakouts to the days when I get lazy and don't take the makeup off at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by promokaren

Oh. My. God. I must've been living under a rock, because I had no knowledge of the Clarisonic until I saw it spotlighted on this Website. I am EXTREMELY pleased with this product. I know that it has produced spider veins on some people's faces... so proceed with caution. For me, I've used it for 6 months with no problems. I prefer to use it with Philosophy's Purity cleanser. This product makes such a difference in the way my skin looks and feels. If I wash my face the old fashioned way, I can immediately feel the difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by saisy76

Changed my skin over time. My face is much less greasy and oily, and my pores are definitely smaller. I used to use 2x a day but my skin is on the sensitive side so I have found that one use a day is ideal.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Alexa19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like everyone else in the make up community I wanted one of these as soon as I started hearing all of the amazing reviews about it. And I actually managed to swap for a pink full size clarisonic through make up alley (so glad I didn't fork out all that money for it). But it definitely didn't live up to expectations.

I will say in it's defense that it did a reasonable job of cleaning my face but honestly I think to clean my face as well as I possibly can that using my hands is the best option. The clarisonic struggles to clean round certain angles of your face e.g. around your nose. I had to go over my nose with cleanser after using the clarisonic just to make sure that it had fully cleansed the area, which it hadn't most of the time.

The clarisonic is good in the sense that it gives you an allotted time to clean each area of your face, as for most people simply not spending enough time cleansing means that they are not fully removing all dirt on the skin. But for me, knowing how important skin care is, have always known to spend at least a minute cleansing my face anyway.
The clarisonic did make my face smooth when I used it but in my opinion the smoothness wasn't comparable to when I used an exfoliator.

The clarisonic also slightly irritated my skin. Thankfully I didn't break out like alot of the negative reviews say but it did damage my skin. And yes, I was using it correctly. It took my skin a good few weeks to return to it's normal state.

So overall, I genuinely wasn't impressed. The cons greatly outweigh any small benefits gained.

Cons:
1. Ridiculous cost for what is essentially a big beeping electric toothbrush
2. You need to replace the brush head at least every three months and that isn't cheap either
3. Can be too harsh for the skin on your face
4. Cleanses well but not well enough

Pros:
1. It's pink
2. It looks nice in your bathroom

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by kissiesfromkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nothing has done more for my skin than my clarisonic. My skin is very dry, due to a run with accutane In high school. This keeps my skin soft, exfoliated and spot free. I only use this at night after I've used my skin wipes, with my elemis tri-enzyme resurfacing wash. I use the sensitive or deep pore cleaning heads

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by xioma

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Clarisonic Brush for about two years now and I wouldn't do without it. I use the sensitive skin brush with Cetaphil or the Seaweed cleanser from The Body Shop. I've noticed that if and when I stop using it, there's a definite difference in my skin. The Clarisonic brush makes my skin brighter. I will be buying the Mia for travel.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Casshausserman

I really like this face washing brush. I use it twice a day and with the multiple speeds and time settings you can get a very light or more intense cleaning. My skin feels very silky and smooth after washing and I feel like the tone is better and my pore size and little bumps are greatly reduced. It doesn't feel too abrasive or harsh at all. I haven't used it a ton on my body, but I have used it a couple of times on my chest and neck and it has removed all of the little bumps and dead skin that I had there.