Eve Lom Cleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 9/19/2010 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this cleanser and I will repurchase. It is not a miracle and it has not dramatically improved my complextion or anything but it is very good as a make up remover and cream cleanser in one, with gentle exfoliating particles, and my face feels soft and clean afterwards. I usually use Shu Umeura oil cleanser and Pelactiv cream cleanser on days where I wear makeup and this product replaces the two products. I still use just my Pelactiv cream cleanser in the morning. This product also claims to remove all eye makeup but it will not remove the eyeliner on the bottom of your eyes so I still continue to use Clinique eye makeup remover before I use Eve Lom cleanser. Also there is nothing special about the Muslin cloths, just a thin cotton cloth which is used to exfoliate the face, I only use the Muslin cloth 2-3 times a week to remove the product, it's a bit harsh to use everyday, especially for dry skins I highly recommend a cheap microfibre cloth. I purchased one from the supermarket for just $2, it is so much softer and gentle on the face and you can still use with the cleanser to exfoliate. There is also nothing wrong with just washing the product off with water instead of wiping away. This product is slightly drying on my dry winter skin so I use it most evenings but not every evening. I do love the aromatic scent and the thick texture. This cleanser will not suit those with oily or acne prone skin, but is suitable for sensitive, dry, normal and combo skin types. Overall its a pretty good cleanser and worth a try with a sample or purchase the small 50ml tub to begin with.

on 9/11/2010 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

FABULOUS cleanser if u can find the time to apply and use as per the instructions (with the muslin cloth). I have sensitive red skin which cannot tolerate most skincare or any sort of excessive handling and my skin loved this product. My skin was soooooo soft and smooth and dewy. Beautiful.

on 8/31/2010 12:53:00 AM

I bought this for both myself and my teenage daughter. My skin runs normal/oily and her is the same, although she is now breaking out. We have both used the night time cleanser with the muslin cloth in the way it was directed - put cleanser on DRY skin, massage in with fingertips, then with wet muslin cloth, place cloth over entire face with warm water, rinse getting off all oily and dirt residue, rinse with cold water. I think it is key to make sure you get all the residue off or you may break out. But, I can honestly say that both of our faces have never looked clearer and felt smoother. I have gone to facialists, dermatoligists, etc. over the years and have always taken excellent care of my skin. This product has really helped us both get the kind of skin that gets compliments. So glad to have sampled (first) and then purchased this cleanser.

on 8/26/2010 9:22:00 AM

OMG, this cleanser if horrific! I got sucked into the hype and decided I had to try it. I have quite dry skin (in my late 30's), and sometimes get mild rosacea patches, and dry flakiness around my chin and nose. I do get occasional pimples, usually only hormonal and quite minimally. I knew this product would be quite heavy and 'oily' however given the dryness of my skin, I figured I was a good candidate.
I used this cleanser exactly as described (and I really liked the process of massage and removing with muslin cloth (although can't see how extremes of hot and cold water can be any good for the delicate skin of the face, since skin prefers tepid temperatures). After using for one week, I noticed increased breakouts, however as I still liked the feel of my skin after cleansing, I ignored them. After 2 weeks, I had 4 x HUGE cystic pimples, and what looked like a rash down both cheeks, but it was just pimples and absolutely amazing congestion.
I have reverted to my previous cleanser and after 2 weeks it is finally looking a little better (although I won't be going bare faced for a while!). I have spent 10 minutes a day over the last week, removing the accumulated blackheads (which have increased 10 tenfold since starting the Eve Lom cleanser).
Just before stopping use, I finally checked the ingredients (and will never leave it that long to look at ingredients again - I just trusted the opinion of the consultations at Mecca Cosmetica (which sell Eve Lom in Australia). It is just mineral oil and lanolin, with a very small smattering of a very essential oils as a token gesture. Mineral oil and lanolin are both terrible for the skin, and are both highly congesting and cheap 'filler' ingredients. I cannot believe that any reputable facialist could consider creating a product that is so badly made - there are no ingredients that are beneficial to the skin at all! And further more I cannot believe that people are still buying this - but I guess I got sucked in, so I am sure many others will be as well - hopefully a few will read this first!

To say my skin is schizophrenic is an understatement, flaky, dehydrated, oily, sensitive, acne AND rosacea prone. I was literally at the end of my tether with it. In the past antibiotic tablets had worked, but this time around nothing was working. I can't put anything strong on my skin or I wake up looking like the elephant woman!! Benzyl peroxide and salicylic acid are in most spot treatments so no joy there. Enter this cleanser. From day 2 I saw a massive improvement and 2 months later it's like I have a new face. Don't get me wrong I still get the odd spot, but these are nothing compared to the huge eruptions I used to get that stayed for (and I kid you not ) 3 months! I love the smell and the ruitual that goes along with it. I use the small amount of time it takes to go through the massage bit as a chance to unwind before bed. I only use it at night and a gentle wash off cleanser in the morning (Avene soap free). I know it's not cheap but a little goes a long way and it has changed my life...and my face!

on 5/25/2010 8:13:00 AM

This cleanser is my overall HG, one of the products which really works and which made a huge difference to my congested complexion.I suffer from blocked pores and congested skin, white bumps visible under the surface. No amount of cleansing and exfoliating had me prevented from getting huge painful cystic spots in my T-zone around the time of my period. I had tried many cleansing products, cheap and not so cheap in the past, and while most of them did well in removing make up and dirt from my face, none of them managed to keep the pores from unblocking. Eve Lom cleanser basically eliminated my cystic acne and I can't praise it high enough. It's not cheap, but worth every penny, the 200ml tub @ £78 lasts me ca 7-8 months. I will never go back to anything else, I get congested only after couple of days of not using it. If I rate this cleanser 10/10, Shu Uemura's cleansing oil at 8/10, the next best thing would hardly scrape 4/10.

on 5/18/2010 2:37:00 PM

This cleaner has cleared up my eczema, it's amazing! I don't feel any discomfort after washing my face and all the redness and dry, itchy skin has gone! I have only given her 4 lipsticks as it is initially very expensive and you do need to buy extra muslin cloths but you don't have to get those from eve lom.

on 4/22/2010 11:42:00 PM

My absolutely favourite cleanser!! I very much regretted I only bought 1 jar when I was in UK….it is so hard to get hands on it in Australia. I was a little skeptical about this product at first. I had never used a cleanser in this kind of consistency before, it is a very thick oily gel/balm if that makes sense. And it takes quite a long time to use it if you follow the instruction. But after a few days of using it, I saw a noticable difference in every aspect of my skin!! My skin became so soft, moisturised and less oily, glowing, smaller pores and less congested. I had no breakouts whatsoever. I also felt that the oil melts away all the dirt and blackheads from my face, the muslin clothe provides very gentle exfoliation to my skin. My skin felt super clean and moisturised..you can even skip the moisturiser . The only downside is it takes a lot of patience to use this cleanser…and sometimes all I wanted is too remove my makeup as quickly as possible so I can go to the bed...

on 4/20/2010 11:44:00 PM

Finally got my hands on this product after reading so many good things about it. A little amount goes a long way. I actually find the product quite convenient to use because I can use it as a makeup remover and cleanser. By removing the cleanser with a muslin cloth, I no longer end up splashing water everywhere while cleansing. I also enjoy the warm muslin cloth on my face and the herbal smell is quite relaxing. The blackheads on my nose are eliminated each time after I use this cleanser. Also, the skin feels comfortable, soft and clean.

I don't like the jar container, which is clumsy and not very hygenic. Also, make sure you avoid rubbing your eyes with the muslin cloth because it will damage your lashes!

Overall, this is a great product that I will continue buying!

on 4/3/2010 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Worst thing I have ever used. It wrecked my skin. The only decent thing was the muslin cloth. It contains lanolin wich is dreadful for skin.