Eve Lom Cleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 8/26/2010 9:22:00 AM

OMG, this cleanser if horrific! I got sucked into the hype and decided I had to try it. I have quite dry skin (in my late 30's), and sometimes get mild rosacea patches, and dry flakiness around my chin and nose. I do get occasional pimples, usually only hormonal and quite minimally. I knew this product would be quite heavy and 'oily' however given the dryness of my skin, I figured I was a good candidate.
I used this cleanser exactly as described (and I really liked the process of massage and removing with muslin cloth (although can't see how extremes of hot and cold water can be any good for the delicate skin of the face, since skin prefers tepid temperatures). After using for one week, I noticed increased breakouts, however as I still liked the feel of my skin after cleansing, I ignored them. After 2 weeks, I had 4 x HUGE cystic pimples, and what looked like a rash down both cheeks, but it was just pimples and absolutely amazing congestion.
I have reverted to my previous cleanser and after 2 weeks it is finally looking a little better (although I won't be going bare faced for a while!). I have spent 10 minutes a day over the last week, removing the accumulated blackheads (which have increased 10 tenfold since starting the Eve Lom cleanser).
Just before stopping use, I finally checked the ingredients (and will never leave it that long to look at ingredients again - I just trusted the opinion of the consultations at Mecca Cosmetica (which sell Eve Lom in Australia). It is just mineral oil and lanolin, with a very small smattering of a very essential oils as a token gesture. Mineral oil and lanolin are both terrible for the skin, and are both highly congesting and cheap 'filler' ingredients. I cannot believe that any reputable facialist could consider creating a product that is so badly made - there are no ingredients that are beneficial to the skin at all! And further more I cannot believe that people are still buying this - but I guess I got sucked in, so I am sure many others will be as well - hopefully a few will read this first!

To say my skin is schizophrenic is an understatement, flaky, dehydrated, oily, sensitive, acne AND rosacea prone. I was literally at the end of my tether with it. In the past antibiotic tablets had worked, but this time around nothing was working. I can't put anything strong on my skin or I wake up looking like the elephant woman!! Benzyl peroxide and salicylic acid are in most spot treatments so no joy there. Enter this cleanser. From day 2 I saw a massive improvement and 2 months later it's like I have a new face. Don't get me wrong I still get the odd spot, but these are nothing compared to the huge eruptions I used to get that stayed for (and I kid you not ) 3 months! I love the smell and the ruitual that goes along with it. I use the small amount of time it takes to go through the massage bit as a chance to unwind before bed. I only use it at night and a gentle wash off cleanser in the morning (Avene soap free). I know it's not cheap but a little goes a long way and it has changed my life...and my face!

on 5/25/2010 8:13:00 AM

This cleanser is my overall HG, one of the products which really works and which made a huge difference to my congested complexion.I suffer from blocked pores and congested skin, white bumps visible under the surface. No amount of cleansing and exfoliating had me prevented from getting huge painful cystic spots in my T-zone around the time of my period. I had tried many cleansing products, cheap and not so cheap in the past, and while most of them did well in removing make up and dirt from my face, none of them managed to keep the pores from unblocking. Eve Lom cleanser basically eliminated my cystic acne and I can't praise it high enough. It's not cheap, but worth every penny, the 200ml tub @ £78 lasts me ca 7-8 months. I will never go back to anything else, I get congested only after couple of days of not using it. If I rate this cleanser 10/10, Shu Uemura's cleansing oil at 8/10, the next best thing would hardly scrape 4/10.

on 5/18/2010 2:37:00 PM

This cleaner has cleared up my eczema, it's amazing! I don't feel any discomfort after washing my face and all the redness and dry, itchy skin has gone! I have only given her 4 lipsticks as it is initially very expensive and you do need to buy extra muslin cloths but you don't have to get those from eve lom.

on 4/22/2010 11:42:00 PM

My absolutely favourite cleanser!! I very much regretted I only bought 1 jar when I was in UK….it is so hard to get hands on it in Australia. I was a little skeptical about this product at first. I had never used a cleanser in this kind of consistency before, it is a very thick oily gel/balm if that makes sense. And it takes quite a long time to use it if you follow the instruction. But after a few days of using it, I saw a noticable difference in every aspect of my skin!! My skin became so soft, moisturised and less oily, glowing, smaller pores and less congested. I had no breakouts whatsoever. I also felt that the oil melts away all the dirt and blackheads from my face, the muslin clothe provides very gentle exfoliation to my skin. My skin felt super clean and moisturised..you can even skip the moisturiser . The only downside is it takes a lot of patience to use this cleanser…and sometimes all I wanted is too remove my makeup as quickly as possible so I can go to the bed...

on 4/20/2010 11:44:00 PM

Finally got my hands on this product after reading so many good things about it. A little amount goes a long way. I actually find the product quite convenient to use because I can use it as a makeup remover and cleanser. By removing the cleanser with a muslin cloth, I no longer end up splashing water everywhere while cleansing. I also enjoy the warm muslin cloth on my face and the herbal smell is quite relaxing. The blackheads on my nose are eliminated each time after I use this cleanser. Also, the skin feels comfortable, soft and clean.

I don't like the jar container, which is clumsy and not very hygenic. Also, make sure you avoid rubbing your eyes with the muslin cloth because it will damage your lashes!

Overall, this is a great product that I will continue buying!

on 4/3/2010 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Worst thing I have ever used. It wrecked my skin. The only decent thing was the muslin cloth. It contains lanolin wich is dreadful for skin.

on 1/26/2010 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm on the fence with this because on one hand it is yes a very effective cleanser, however it take awhile to complete the cleansing process. I don't really have issue's with really getting my skin clean because I'm on the dry side and I do not wear a foundation or powder every day. So I have had success with other cleansers with less effort. Yes my skin did look good and not dry because it leaves a little moisture mantle which produces a subtle glow. Yes I could see how this could draw impurities out and the exfoliation with the muslin could help skin turn over. However I think this would be specific to what kind of skin issues you have and if your patient enough to complete the steps. For me I don't know? Its nice,luxurious feeling and effective but this is not the only product that can produce these results.-As a side note the day cream with spf15 is fabulous for dry skin

on 1/18/2010 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i love this cleanser!! I got the travel set as it was half price. The process takes quite a long time but, WOW my face has never been so smooth!!! I have acne prone skin and was using differin, i quitted it just to test if eve lom products are good and its been 2 weeks and i have no break out! Its expensive but i will definitely repurchase!

on 11/6/2009 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, so a very nice MUAer sent me a sample of this lovely product and I was hooked. I liked the sample so much that, yes, I shelled out nearly $100 for a full-size jar. And the verdict? I like, don't love it. It's a nice emollient cleanser, removes makeup well and smells nice, but beyond that, I didn't notice anything extraordinary. It comes in a jar, which is not the most sanitary way of extracting the product, even though I wash my hands with anti-bacterial soap before each use. It comes with facial massage instructions, but I got tire of the time it took to get through the massage and bagged that concept pretty early on. It is a thick (almost petroleum jelly) consistency with little granules (like sugar) that dissolve as you massage into your skin. It comes with a little white muslin wash cloth, used to help remove the product. I said I'd buy it again, and I might. But with such a ridiculous price tag for a cleanser, I will continue to search for a more viable and affordable product first.