July 31, 2014 | 2029 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by yanyan712

Finally got my hands on this product after reading so many good things about it. A little amount goes a long way. I actually find the product quite convenient to use because I can use it as a makeup remover and cleanser. By removing the cleanser with a muslin cloth, I no longer end up splashing water everywhere while cleansing. I also enjoy the warm muslin cloth on my face and the herbal smell is quite relaxing. The blackheads on my nose are eliminated each time after I use this cleanser. Also, the skin feels comfortable, soft and clean.

I don't like the jar container, which is clumsy and not very hygenic. Also, make sure you avoid rubbing your eyes with the muslin cloth because it will damage your lashes!

Overall, this is a great product that I will continue buying!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2010 6:20:00 AM More reviews by DixieBrooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Worst thing I have ever used. It wrecked my skin. The only decent thing was the muslin cloth. It contains lanolin wich is dreadful for skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by rugby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence with this because on one hand it is yes a very effective cleanser, however it take awhile to complete the cleansing process. I don't really have issue's with really getting my skin clean because I'm on the dry side and I do not wear a foundation or powder every day. So I have had success with other cleansers with less effort. Yes my skin did look good and not dry because it leaves a little moisture mantle which produces a subtle glow. Yes I could see how this could draw impurities out and the exfoliation with the muslin could help skin turn over. However I think this would be specific to what kind of skin issues you have and if your patient enough to complete the steps. For me I don't know? Its nice,luxurious feeling and effective but this is not the only product that can produce these results.-As a side note the day cream with spf15 is fabulous for dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by wwc20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this cleanser!! I got the travel set as it was half price. The process takes quite a long time but, WOW my face has never been so smooth!!! I have acne prone skin and was using differin, i quitted it just to test if eve lom products are good and its been 2 weeks and i have no break out! Its expensive but i will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by KSAP

Okay, so a very nice MUAer sent me a sample of this lovely product and I was hooked. I liked the sample so much that, yes, I shelled out nearly $100 for a full-size jar. And the verdict? I like, don't love it. It's a nice emollient cleanser, removes makeup well and smells nice, but beyond that, I didn't notice anything extraordinary. It comes in a jar, which is not the most sanitary way of extracting the product, even though I wash my hands with anti-bacterial soap before each use. It comes with facial massage instructions, but I got tire of the time it took to get through the massage and bagged that concept pretty early on. It is a thick (almost petroleum jelly) consistency with little granules (like sugar) that dissolve as you massage into your skin. It comes with a little white muslin wash cloth, used to help remove the product. I said I'd buy it again, and I might. But with such a ridiculous price tag for a cleanser, I will continue to search for a more viable and affordable product first.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 6:29:00 AM More reviews by manyasha

You know what? I'm still undecided about this Cleanser. I used to have Eve Lom's facials at SpaNK and bought a jar of this product after being persuaded by the facialist. At first, (I have a combo prone to acne and dry on cheeks skin type) it used to break me out a lot, so I have put it aside for a year. Having rediscovered it recently, I decided to give it a go (my skin's changed quite a bit during my pregnancy) and voila... the pores have started to diminish, my complexion looks brighter. On the other hand, I've noticed that by rubbing my skin ever so lightly with the muslin cloth I have developed tiny freckle-like scars. Does anybody else have the same problem with the cleanser or is it just me?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first cleanser I've ever been addicted to! It is fab. It's super pricey but a little goes a long way. You can just take a little pea size glob (its consistency is like a slightly oily balm) and rub it in and wow, it even takes off eye makeup w/out leaving your eyes blurry, then I love the process of applying the muslin cloth (soaked in hot water) to your face and rubbing it off. You don't even need moisturizer after you use it. I was cautious at first about this product since I have combo skin but it doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Daisy100

I used this for years and always got lots of compliments on my skin. Kept my skin pimple free and soft. Probably the best cleanser out there. The whole muslin cloth routine gets tiresome after a while. But it is worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Sweetheart85

I tried the starter pack of this with the moisturiser and face mask. I loved it. My skin felt really clean but not tight or greasy. The cloth is gently exfoliating, which is perfect for my flaky combination skin.

I have never had any irritation with the product, the only down side is a find it a hassle to apply. The pot is a little unhygenic and it would be better if you could squeeze it out a tube, rather than stick your fingers in a pot. I think I paid around £45 for a large pot, which is still going 2 months in.

I think the white packaging looks really clean and classy and I will definately be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by wawagugugaga

Never thought the day would come that I gladly shed out USD95+tax for 3.3 oz of facial cleanser…but it happened!
I first heard about Eve Lom cleanser on Allure magazine and was instantly intrigued by it. Shortly after I found out Space NK in Bloomingdales carries this cleanser. The SA in Space NK was very helpful & friendly. She gave me a sample to try. The sample packet is 5ml and comes with a small muslin cloth. I was very excited and tried it at home the same night ….without reading the ingredient list…oops! Opps indeed...I hate anything w/ mineral oil in it. I let my guard down because the hefty price tag on this cleanser threw me off. I can't imagine why a cleanser selling itself a botanically-rich product has mineral oil as their main/first ingredient. It’s my fault that I didn’t do my research. I used Shu Uemura cleansing oil for a few years before. The Shu SA told me they use plant oil and I never bothered to read ingredients…idiot! But I found MUA & became much more aware about skincare ingredients. I realized mineral oil is a cheap ingredient and can be potentially harmful to skin. I abandoned Shu oil right away and never looked back. Since then, I am always extra cautious when it comes to ingredients and I religiously avoid anything w/ mineral oil. Another classic example is Crème de la Mer…it broke me out like crazy. I found out it contains mineral oil…too late. Again the price tag of la Mer threw me off. I grew some painful cyst that took me a whole year to get rid off.
Anyway, finding out mineral oil is the main ingredient after I tried the Eve Lom cleanser I was totally expecting a massive breakout. I got some red bumps and pimples but not awful. I don’t know what came over me (mostly I think I truly enjoyed using the muslin clothes) but I decided to finish the sample packet anyway (also on the notion that I can write a nasty review on MUA for revenge). The 5 ml packet lasted me about 4 days and something unthinkable happened. I rather liked how my skin looks ….hmm…weird. My skin had a noticeably improved clarity with cleaner pores on my T-zone. It felt supple and smooth. Mind you the breakout had not gone away yet but the difference in my overall skin condition puzzled me. And I really enjoyed the whole process (massaging, pressing the hot muslin cloth on face 3 times, washing..) and the soothing scent.
At this point I was determined to get to the bottom of this and being the guinea pig. I went back to Space NK (a different location) and asked for another sample. The SA there was also nice and friendly. I tried the 2nd sample packet for another 4 days. The skin condition continued to improve and the breakout was going away slowly. I became even more puzzled…because mineral oil cannot possibly be any good to the skin.
Still skeptical but persistent…I ventured out to another Space NK location and asked for another sample. By then I exhausted all Space NK locations in NYC and was quite embarrassed with myself. So I tried the cleanser for about total 14 days and was in disbelief about the look of my skin. Incredible! The blackheads on my T-zone were almost gone and the skin had such clarity. I had those tiny bumps under my eyes near the cheeks; those were gone too.
Around the same time I started using the samples of Eve Lom cleanser I also started using Chantecaille Nano Gold Energizing Cream. So could it be the Chantecaille cream that’s doing the miracle to my skin? Maybe. The easiest way to find out was keep using Chantecaille while discontinuing Eve Lom. So I did just that. I stopped (no more sample supply anyway) using Eve Lom cleanser for a week, I could see the pores on my T-zone clogging up and skin losing the clarity that I so loved. Panic washed over me.
(*Chantecaille Nano Gold Energizing Cream is doing other excellent things to my skin; see my review for it if interested.)
I need more sample… at this point I felt like a drug addict desperately needing a fix.
In my desperation I wrote an email to Space NK customer service. The specialist was very helpful and sent me a sample right away. Once I re-started using the cleanser, the breakout began but this time much more mild and disappeared in 2 days. The clarity to the skin came back and I knew I was completely sold on this product. I went back to Space NK and purchased my first jar of this cleanser…handed over the credit card painfully…so expensive. But I knew my skin will agree with this splurge.
I am still reluctant to acknowledge the fact that mineral oil is the main ingredient in this cleanser. There must be plenty of beneficial ingredients that make this cleanser work since the result is so miraculous…at least for me. Judging from some angry reviews below it seems like it does not work on plenty of people.
Besides the result, I also love the balmy texture, the soft exfoliating particles and the scent. It removes makeup completely.The whole ritual is very calming and soothing to me. I truly look forward to washing my face every night with this cleanser. I was told by 2 of the SAs that no need to use moisturizer afterwards for this is supposed to work as an all-in-one product. Another SA told me if I have oily skin I can follow up with a foam cleanser. I liked her suggestion and always use a tiny bit of foam cleanser afterwards. I still use my usual toner and moisturizer.
I have tried at least 50 different cleansers and cleansing oils (not exaggerating at all!) and Eve Lom is the one truly delivers the result I have longed for years. Besides the hefty price tag (even w/ the great result, I still think it's so over-priced…don’t forget it's mainly mineral oil), being mineral-oil based and the jar container (I think a tube or a pump bottle will be much more sanitary.), I have nothing to complain about. The big cleaning cloth that came w/ the full size product is also nice.
I am on this cleanser for about 5 weeks now and still love it. I'll report back if things change:) Hopefully the search is over!

25 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No