September 20, 2014 | 1437 users online

Blush - Clinique - Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Precious Posy

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Joke

I bought this, because I was looking for a pinkish blush and had great experience with Clinique blushes (love Aglow). However this one doesn't blow me away. The color is too flat IMO, not pigmented enough and doesn't last long on me. The little brush is to be tossed away immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by 411

This is the perfect peachy pink blush for me. Gives me a nice glow and stays all day. I use MAC's 187brush for a lighter application.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by clairehair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice color and thankfully not too pigmented for the Caspers amongst us. It blends well and has a good staying power and I know that every expert tells you to immediately throw away the little brushes you get with these compacts and instead spend a fortune on a round fat brush that sheds like anyother in the end what ever you spend, but this little brush works really well, its white so if it does shed it doesn't show and its soft and of a good quality and I really like it, but I only use a tiny amount of blush anyway now as I am moving away from the just sat face up in the sun for 10 hours look I favoured when I was young enough to get away with it and instead have embraced my pale skin convincing myself if its good enough for Nicole Kidman then its good enough for me and congratulating myself that my sunseeking fellow late thirtysomethings have twice as many wrinkles as me!. Its not amazing or foolproof, as I truly beleive a blusher like that has not yet been invented but its as good as any with an edge as regards the pleasing shade. I am happy with it as a reliable coral blush and would probably repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Emleepinky

This is a nice blush but not as fantastic as many of the other reveiws led me to believe before I bought it! It is essentially a nice colour on, quite close to the natural colour I blush, maybe a little too pink, but its soooo easy to over apply this. When I go out in the evenings I like to take blush out with me because reapplying powder over my makeup can dull the blush so it stops showing. Unfortunately whenever I have taken this blush out with me I have ended up looking like a garden gnome or something by the end of the night after reapplying everytime I re-powder. Now this is partly my own fault because as I get drunker during the course of a night out I tend to reapply with a very heavy hand but because of this I need drunk-proof makeup and sadly this is not it. I think I would be happy to buy clinique blush again but next time I will go for the lighter peach shade as it is more natural looking and therefore easier to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by scobus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do like this blush, though I was afraid of its warmth in the store. I thought it might be a bit too peachey but it actually is a peach I can wear w/o looking orange. Highly recommend for those with a cool complexion who want to mix it up with a peach blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by christialle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was in the mood for a different blush from the Tarte Flush I have been using for the past few years and bought this based on the reviews here. It follows the same logic as the Tarte blushes, which is to use a hit of saturated color to achieve a more natural look (translation: they both look very bright and scary in the package but look great on). (I used to buy blushes based on matching the color in the pan to what I wanted my cheeks to look *after* the blush was applied, and ironically this doesn't seem to work as you get a muddy look).

This is a great blush, it is true. I have been putting this on over some foundation, and it brightens my face up so much I don't need much else. Unlike my Tarte Flush, which is quite cool looking, this is much warmer and can it be, more natural looking. I have been so into it, I have been powdering my lips and applying lipgloss, looks great!

The packaging, eh, so so. The silver case gets all smeary looking right away. You have to be careful not to overapply the blush, which is better than the opposite. (I am fair-medium brunette with pink/blue undertones.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lg23

everything the reviews say it is. definitely the most flattering blush i've ever worn, and it feels very nice on my face. will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ChasteOne

This is a very very good dupe of NARS Orgasm, which was what I was looking for, and a bit cheaper which is always a plus.

It's quite pigmented so you'll need to use a light hand and build up as needed. It showed up very well and was just a very lovely pinky-peach, with slight gold shimmers. The brush it comes with isn't fantastic - you can easily overapply (unless you want dramatic) and the hairs tend to drop off after every use which is quite annoying when you find hairs on your face.

Precious Posy is quite natural looking in small, gentle amounts which a stippling brush can handle. The SA was shocked that it came out so well on my face; said I had an eye for looking at blushes but we all know I had help around here ;)

It's rather bright looking, but on skin it's just right. Not too fond of the silver casing as it does get grubby. It is quite sheer/dewy due to the sparkles, so beware. The glitter does show up under sunlight, but that's not a bad thing seeing as nobody will be inspecting it 2 inches away. At night in lighting, you can barely see the individual specks that is so conspicuous in the pan - just a beautiful glow.

Recommended? Hell yes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by igetjokes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because of the reviews but I find it to bright, and harsh and fake looking. I prefer a more natural looking blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by kaiyrah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This blush looks obscenely bright in the pan, but don't worry! As others have said, if you apply with a light hand and/or either a fan brush or a fluffy blush brush, this'll give you a nice natural flush. I'm not crazy about the included brush, because it seems a little too dense considering the product is very highly pigmented, but it's fine for touch-ups. Definitely go to a Sephora or a Clinique counter and check it out!