Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Precious Posy

4.7

Ingredients: talc, dimethicone, silica, zinc stearate, nylon 12, lauryl laurate, tetrasodium edta, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin. May contain: mica, titatium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), carmine (ci 75470), red 7 lake (ci 15850), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), red 22 lake (ci 45380), red 36 lake (ci 12085), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 30 lake (ci 73360), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 34 lake (ci 15880), ultramarines (ci 77007), yellow 6 lake (ci 15985), .ff

on 4/19/2008 10:09:00 PM

I would have never bought this blush had it not been for the rav MUA reviews. In the pan, looks like something a clown might use but once applied, it can be rather natural looking and pretty. I use this in the summer when my skin a bit more tanned; in the winter, it's a little too bright for my pale skin. I use a large blush brush (not the one included in the pan) for a lighter, more natural application. There is a lot of product in the pan for the price and I would probably repurchase this if I ever run out.

UPDATE: Just a little more shimmer than I want in a day-to-day blush. My skin is oily, so I don't want anything to enhance the shine. A pretty shade, but I want something a little more understated for every day, hence downgrade to 3 lippies.

on 4/10/2008 5:51:00 PM

I absolutely love this blush! It works for me year round, especially even with a tan. And it comes with a cute little brush. I've never had skin reactions to this...it doesn't make my face dry or break out.

The colors are a blend of pink, coral, and orange..I would say more pink. It's really adds the perfect color to define my cheeks and gives me a tinted, smitten little glow. I wear it all the time!

on 4/6/2008 2:22:00 AM

I've received many compliments about my natural, glowing complexion when I wear this blush. When I tell them it's the blush, people are astonished because it's not obvious at all. The small brush that comes with it is decent quality and very handy when I don't have the time to apply all of my makeup at home before work. The application is not as perfect and professional as a bigger blush brush, but the end result is not far from it.

The blush is buildable - you can have it dramatic or subtle. I have fair skin so I'm always careful to apply just the right amount to prevent the clown look - always remember to tap your brush. This is a very handy blush with a great finish - I thoroughly recommend it!

on 3/21/2008 7:25:00 AM

I bought this, because I was looking for a pinkish blush and had great experience with Clinique blushes (love Aglow). However this one doesn't blow me away. The color is too flat IMO, not pigmented enough and doesn't last long on me. The little brush is to be tossed away immediately.

411

on 3/15/2008 3:08:00 PM

This is the perfect peachy pink blush for me. Gives me a nice glow and stays all day. I use MAC's 187brush for a lighter application.

on 3/5/2008 4:42:00 PM

This is a very nice color and thankfully not too pigmented for the Caspers amongst us. It blends well and has a good staying power and I know that every expert tells you to immediately throw away the little brushes you get with these compacts and instead spend a fortune on a round fat brush that sheds like anyother in the end what ever you spend, but this little brush works really well, its white so if it does shed it doesn't show and its soft and of a good quality and I really like it, but I only use a tiny amount of blush anyway now as I am moving away from the just sat face up in the sun for 10 hours look I favoured when I was young enough to get away with it and instead have embraced my pale skin convincing myself if its good enough for Nicole Kidman then its good enough for me and congratulating myself that my sunseeking fellow late thirtysomethings have twice as many wrinkles as me!. Its not amazing or foolproof, as I truly beleive a blusher like that has not yet been invented but its as good as any with an edge as regards the pleasing shade. I am happy with it as a reliable coral blush and would probably repurchase.

on 2/25/2008 8:27:00 PM

This is a nice blush but not as fantastic as many of the other reveiws led me to believe before I bought it! It is essentially a nice colour on, quite close to the natural colour I blush, maybe a little too pink, but its soooo easy to over apply this. When I go out in the evenings I like to take blush out with me because reapplying powder over my makeup can dull the blush so it stops showing. Unfortunately whenever I have taken this blush out with me I have ended up looking like a garden gnome or something by the end of the night after reapplying everytime I re-powder. Now this is partly my own fault because as I get drunker during the course of a night out I tend to reapply with a very heavy hand but because of this I need drunk-proof makeup and sadly this is not it. I think I would be happy to buy clinique blush again but next time I will go for the lighter peach shade as it is more natural looking and therefore easier to apply.

on 2/19/2008 8:10:00 PM

I do like this blush, though I was afraid of its warmth in the store. I thought it might be a bit too peachey but it actually is a peach I can wear w/o looking orange. Highly recommend for those with a cool complexion who want to mix it up with a peach blush.

on 2/9/2008 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was in the mood for a different blush from the Tarte Flush I have been using for the past few years and bought this based on the reviews here. It follows the same logic as the Tarte blushes, which is to use a hit of saturated color to achieve a more natural look (translation: they both look very bright and scary in the package but look great on). (I used to buy blushes based on matching the color in the pan to what I wanted my cheeks to look *after* the blush was applied, and ironically this doesn't seem to work as you get a muddy look).

This is a great blush, it is true. I have been putting this on over some foundation, and it brightens my face up so much I don't need much else. Unlike my Tarte Flush, which is quite cool looking, this is much warmer and can it be, more natural looking. I have been so into it, I have been powdering my lips and applying lipgloss, looks great!

The packaging, eh, so so. The silver case gets all smeary looking right away. You have to be careful not to overapply the blush, which is better than the opposite. (I am fair-medium brunette with pink/blue undertones.)

on 2/3/2008 8:49:00 PM

everything the reviews say it is. definitely the most flattering blush i've ever worn, and it feels very nice on my face. will repurchase.

Popular Blush Products