August 22, 2014 | 1976 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by DrsWife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like to use this product when I wear heavy makeup all day and its a little too set to remove with liquid cleanser. Feels nice and gentle and removes about 85-90% of makeup. I use it dry on my skin, rub for a minute then rinse. You will still need to use eye makeup remover but its good for heavy makeup over all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

Oh, had this for about 2 years, does it's job nicely, but then again, so are all those cleansing oil I had. I bought it as a variety to all other cleansing lotions, as sometimes I love to dig my finger in and scoop products out, ie like some reviewers described as " the unsanitary, unhygienic way" yet no forms of bacterial infection occured, think about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Update: 10/13 I still love this stuff because it takes everything off and I do not need a separate eye makeup remover. However I go through the jar within 3 months and $36 plus tax is sort of expensive to keep repurchasing. I am also finding that this does slightly dry out my skin! I have been looking for a similar (cheaper) replacement and have yet to find anything.
***Original review:***
I think I've just found my HG cleanser!
I cannot use foaming cleansers anymore. I have tried many of them and my skin is always left feeling dry, tight and red.
This stuff glides over your skin, as you massage it you can see it melting your make up off.
It rinses clean, without residue, and it leaves my skin feeling the same as it did before I used it. No irritation, and no breakouts.
I can't believe it takes off absolutely everything, sunscreen, Revlon colorstay, waterproof mascara...I really mean everything!
I highly recommend this cleanser !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It melts in your hands and then glides over your face to remove all even the most stubborn eye makeup. No tugging, no tears, just smooth as silk.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing makeup remover. I purchased this because I felt like my previous makeup cleansers were too drying and harsh, and I didn't like how it burned my eyes when trying to rub off mascara. I rub my finger tips into the balm until it starts melting a bit into an oil, and then I rub it all over face (without wetting it) in circles for a minute. It quickly dissolves waterproof mascara and the notoriously hard-to-remove Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation, with ease. I then rinse with warm water, and it surprisingly comes off quite easily for something that feels so oily and petroleum jelly-like; I don't even feel like there is residue left over. I went over it with a toner, just to be sure it got everything off, and there was not a speck of makeup on the cotton pad!

I highly recommend this wonderful product as a fast, gentle, non-drying makeup and sunscreen remover. At $28.50, it's a bit pricy, but it's a nice-sized 3.8 jar, and only a little bit of product is needed each use, so I feel like it is worth it. I will never be without this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great cleansing oil that emulsifies with water and rinses away nicely. I use Avene Cleanance Gel afterwards as I'm oily, acne proned but my skin doesn't feel greasy after using just this balm.
I've started using Revlon Colorstay and this removes it really well. I was worried about the price and quantity, but I have to agree with other reviewers that it does seem to last a long time. I've used it many, many times and the jar has hardly got a dent in it. I wish was cheaper, but at the sametime I will keep using this for now, as it works and doesn't give me breakouts. It's also easier for me to get than a Japanese oil online etc. I can get this easily in the UK.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by zannie

I do not know how people operate without this. I love the stuff and while it is expensive in terms of initial outlay, it lasts forever. I don't think I buy it more than once a year. Only gripe is the packaging - because it is quite oily, the blurb on the outside rubs off.

When I use it, I use it before cleanser, but that is because I have oily skin so am paranoid about breakouts. I have never used it without cleanser as well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In a word... AMAZEBALLS. I don't know why I waited so long to try this because it's changed my (skincare) life. I have used cleansing oils for several years (Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Boscia, DHC, etc) but never liked any of them as much as TTDO Balm... and ya know why? It's because with TTDO Balm I do NOT have to use a cleanser afterward. It's fragrance free and removes all of my makeup just like an oil BUT it rinses super cleanly and leaves my face feeling balanced and happy. REN has a product that is similar and works just as well however it smells like roses (which I like, though some people don't) and is MUCH more expensive per ounce. I highly recommend this and will repurchase.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is such a great product. It's a fragrance-free balm that liquifies into an oil upon skin contact and rinses clean away. A second cleansing isn't necessary. Just tone and moisturize and you're good to go. This is a great product if you're wearing sunscreen or a full face of makeup. I can also see it as more of a cold cream style cleanser for those with very dry or irritated skin. A really unique product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am impressed but I do find it drying. I like that it seems to take off 75% of my eye makeup (and I wear waterproof mascara) and all of my face makeup, but I've noticed that I have some flakes on my nose and around my eyebrows that I didn't have before I started to use this remover. Most times I do not follow up with another cleanser after using this because it appears to leave my skin a little dry already. I've been using it a week now and it doesn't appear to cause any breakouts or other problems. My face feels very clean after using this.

EDIT: I used up the entire tub but I then switched to Clarins Pure Melt because it is much more moisturizing. This Clinique product is very effective but it caused flaky skin with daily use.