September 22, 2014 | 1895 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Tpot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this!!! Cleans so well, everything comes off, even mineral sunblocks applied thickly. I like that it's a solid balm that melts into oil & it rinses off clean so easily with only a very slight after feel, which doesn't bother me as that helps to not dry out my skin. This cleansing balm is also easy to emulsify with water because it doesn't feel 'heavy', unlike dermalogica's Precleanse & Shu Umera's cleansing oils. Much, much better than Precleanse, which leaves me with an oily-ish film after rinsing with water. No allergy reaction & fragrance free. & so convenient to travel with. Highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Mikeswife

This is a fantastic cleanser, particularly for people with dry skin.

Price: At almost $30, this stuff is certainly not inexpensive, particularly when I'd been using Pond's cold cream for years at $5 a jar. However, I grew disenchanted with the idea of having to use a towel / washcloth to remove my cleanser and so began the hunt for something that was water soluble, but wouldn't make my already-dry skin feel tight, dry or stripped of moisture.

Packaging: I feel there is a large amount of product in the package; I've been using it daily for almost 2 months and still have more than half the jar left.

Product: I did extensive research on cleansing oils, and was thisclose to buying one after trying samples from BB and DHC. (Note: I liked both of those, but can't truly say that I LOVED either). A giant detriment to oil though, was the travel factor--which I did over Christmas--a complete and utter disaster, plastic bags notwithstanding. I love that TTDO applies to dry skin, rinses cleanly and completely with nothing more than water, removes all of my makeup (including on my eyes; I wear liner, mascara, and sometimes shadow and brow pencil) has zero smell or irritants, and leaves my skin feeling soft and ready for my nighttime routine. Once I counted all of the benefits TTDO held--travel ease included--I realized I didn't need to keep looking for an oil--I'd found my HG cleanser.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

Thank you Makeupalley reviewers! What a find! The balm feels like a lemon sorbet as you scoop it out of the jar (a pea is enough for my face.. a tiny drop more if I am wearing lots of mascara), then as you massage it in it liquifies.. and takes away all the grime and products..it feels amazing. If wiped with a tissue, it leaves no residue. I still splash water of course and work in tiny bit of liquid soap just to convince myself that my face is really clean. Awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by dk34

Removes all the makeup without leaving the skin tight or dry, but the packaging is a bit unsanitary since you have to dip your finger into it. Also hard to estimate how much product is needed per use, as opposed to the cleasing oil which comes with a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by kinkat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do the following: -

- take a small swab of Take The Day Off balm, rub it in my palms and gentlely smear it all over my face
- let the balm sink in my face for about a min or two
- dab off some of the balm with a tissue
- use luke warm water, work a bit of Rinse-off foaming cleanser onto my palm into a lather and massage over my face and be very careful around the eye area.

This procedure has successfully helped me take of all the makeup I use and own including water proof products.

Some other cleansers can't seem to remove the balm residue. With this product my face feels clean.

I do not think it would remove makeup in an immediate step but then again, I'm not keen on scrubbing my face very hard. I rather spend a few more minutes to remove the makeup delicately. The balm seems to do a great job with just melting off the makeup. Hope this insight works for you too!

Although I don't like the packaging I don't really think there is another way to hold it. Also it is a balm so you will not risk spillage like other liquid makeup removers!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Noddywoddydoodaa

I love this so flippin much! I have very acne prone, sensitive skin that breaks out over everything...but not this! It is a hard, slightly Vaseline like feel in the tub but you just scoop out the amount you need and start rubbing! Some people may find the fact that you have to scoop out the product a little unsanitary. I myself, do not care. I find it so much easier than pumping out oil onto my hand as i tend to spill that before it gets to my face.

This glides onto your skin and melts as you rub while melting make up at the same time. I use it more or less every single day and it works fine with heavy, full face make up as it does with lighter make up. Waterproof mascara is not a problem either (just may take a little longer to break up the mascara) and my lashes are not pulled, tugged or harassed in any way! In fact, ever since i started to use it my lashes are just so silky soft!

Hasn't broke me out or aggravated my skin and i find it perfect. Its lovely, a little pricey but so worth the price. Total HG and im so glad ive found the perfect MU remover! Im on my third tub! Go buy it, you wont regret it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by DrsWife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like to use this product when I wear heavy makeup all day and its a little too set to remove with liquid cleanser. Feels nice and gentle and removes about 85-90% of makeup. I use it dry on my skin, rub for a minute then rinse. You will still need to use eye makeup remover but its good for heavy makeup over all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

Oh, had this for about 2 years, does it's job nicely, but then again, so are all those cleansing oil I had. I bought it as a variety to all other cleansing lotions, as sometimes I love to dig my finger in and scoop products out, ie like some reviewers described as " the unsanitary, unhygienic way" yet no forms of bacterial infection occured, think about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Update: 10/13 I still love this stuff because it takes everything off and I do not need a separate eye makeup remover. However I go through the jar within 3 months and $36 plus tax is sort of expensive to keep repurchasing. I am also finding that this does slightly dry out my skin! I have been looking for a similar (cheaper) replacement and have yet to find anything.
***Original review:***
I think I've just found my HG cleanser!
I cannot use foaming cleansers anymore. I have tried many of them and my skin is always left feeling dry, tight and red.
This stuff glides over your skin, as you massage it you can see it melting your make up off.
It rinses clean, without residue, and it leaves my skin feeling the same as it did before I used it. No irritation, and no breakouts.
I can't believe it takes off absolutely everything, sunscreen, Revlon colorstay, waterproof mascara...I really mean everything!
I highly recommend this cleanser !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It melts in your hands and then glides over your face to remove all even the most stubborn eye makeup. No tugging, no tears, just smooth as silk.