April 20, 2014 | 1807 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

When wearing makeup, I normally remove as much as I can with either a makeup remover wipe or a warm face towel. And, then I would follow this up with my normal cleanser.

Normally, I don't wear waterproof makeup. However, I have started using products from the It Cosmetics line (such as their Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer and Matte Bronzer) that are actually waterproof. So, this is why, I decided to actually give this product a try.

This product is AMAZING! It quickly dissolves both waterproof and non-waterproof makeup off of the face. It rinses easily away. It is completely fragrance free. And, it doesn't clog my pores at all.

To remove my makeup, this has become my go to product. It truly is one of the best products that Clinique makes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best oil makeup remover I've ever used.
It removes every trace of makeup very well, and it has never, ever caused irritation or broken me out (and I've been through 7-8 tubs already).
It has no scent, it emulsifies easily and it doesn't take too much to clean your whole face.
One tub lasts me about 2 months.
The only thing I'm not too fond of is the tub container, I'd rather have a pump bottle, but I'm afraid to stray for only this petty reason, as I don't want to buy something else that wouldn't perform as well.
I also wish it was cheaper, but what can we do...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! it removes perfectly make up! i like the feel when you use it, putting my fingers in this paste and then massaging my face with it!
I find it a little bit expensive for a cleanser but it is so good that i repurchase it all the time. Please Clinique, do a take the day off cleansing OIL!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by baybao

I like the texture, and the fact that it does take off my make up (especially eye make up) without any effort, but this breaks me out very very badly, and clogs my pores so bad that I have so many closed white heads on my face, would not use it again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by gnikole2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i would buy this product over and over again !
i just love how it melts and glides on my skin , it also a big help with some flakes caused by my retin-a , leaves my pores clean which gives the impression that they have shrink-ed and best of all removes make-up , sunscreen and waterproof mascara like a charm , all you need is to massage lightly for a minute to break-down everything , but i usually continue massaging for another 2 minutes or so , splash some water to emulsify , massage 30 secs more
package is perfect , and although might seem small for the price you paying , trust me you do need less thank you think
i was using way too much when i first got my jar
i used in the past Liz Earle's hot cloth cleanser which basically works on same principles , just it never left my skin quite so "clear" , Mac's cleanse off also did not impressed me as much
i've also had a problematic experience with jojoba oil which clogged me like crazy
in all cases i have used and still do , a muslim cloth for mild exfoliation purposes ( i have not used physical exfoliants in years ) , and i follow with a foaming cleanser of choice - at the moment its Clinique foaming mousse
i have been using this for over a month now , with no issues and will definitely repurchase when i finish this jar although to my surprise i can say it does last quite a while

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by diamondnehal

this is the best cleanser i have ever used, and my god i have used so many over the years always searching for a better one, always waiting patiently for the present one to finish so that i can try another. finally i have found the one!! i does everything i need from a make-up cleanser, it takes my make up off, it leaves my skin soft and clean and doesnt need too much effort.

some people have commented on the packaging because it comes in a jar, but that doesnt bother me cos i never put my fingers in jars as i always use mini spoons or spatualas to scoop out what i need so my product remains bacteria free. i love how this product comes as a balm and i only need a small pinky fingernail amount for my face and neck, it turns into an oil when it is spread into the skin. rub into the skin for half a second and rinse and it takes every thing off in one go including foundation, concealor eye shadow and waterproof mascara and lipstick.

im a big believer in the the double cleanse so i always repeat twice but to be honest its not necessary cos the product does such a great job the first time. i love love this balm. i have tried the cheapest to the most expensive cleansers but none have worked so well. i have tried from olay to la prairie and creme de la mer so i have tried the low end to the high end but not one holds a candle to this. you have to try this, its brilliant and at last makes me feel that i am not harming my skin when taking my make-up off at the end of a long day.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by bexidaisy

I really love love love this product, and I agree with all of the great reviews, but I do want to draw your attention to a packaging flaw (or something like that!)

I have gone through 3 of these tubs in 2 years, and each of them has had the same issue.
About 2/3 of the way in, the tub suddenly gets really oily. Not the product, but the tub. As if the product around the edge of where you've used has melted (as it does in your hands). It's not an issue, except it leaves a big, greasy mark on anywhere you put the tub.
I've tried wiping the tub all over and it STILL happens - as of yet I haven't found a cure haha!
It's only a minor issue, but still - DO NOT put the tub on any fabric, or leave it on a nice wooden surface - in the bathroom it's fine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by lilmissmoodygirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely my Holy Grail makeup remover. I love how it's a solid balm at first, and then turns into an oil! You get so much product for your purchase, and it lasts forever. I've had the same jar for around 6 months now and I still have plenty of product left. I didn't really know it was a total cleansing balm, I've been applying this to a cotton pad and using it as a simple eye makeup remover, which it works great as. It doesn't burn my eyes. I apply it generously, rub off the makeup, and then rinse with a gentle cleanser and the remover turns nice and creamy and washes off everything. I also really love this product because while still being oil-based, it isn't overly greasy and doesn't make my skin feel disgusting. I will definitely be repurchasing this makeup remover once I run out, and will be trying it as a cleansing product also! Good work, Clinique.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by jacko90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! Takes all of my makeup off while leaving my skin feeling moisturized!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a gift from a very kind MUA'er and I'm so thankful that she shared it with me. I have not used any Clinique cleansers since I was in my early 20's. Now that I'm in my late 40's, I'm always looking for products that moisten, moisturize, anything that will not dry out my skin. This balm is smooth, creamy and a little goes a long way. Best of all it's water soluble, which means I don't have to worry about the product leaving a greasy film on my skin. This could mean break outs for me. Because this was a gift, I had to look up the price and admit it's on the expensive side, but because I need so little to get all of my make-up off, I think it is worth the price. I have tried the TTDO for eyes with very good results (sample bottle) and I will be purchasing both in the future.