April 19, 2014 | 1793 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by fhyeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Double Perfection for 13 or 14 years now, and I was horrified when I heard they were reformulating it. I recently had to buy a new compact and was expecting the worst, but honestly I can't tell the difference. It still goes on smoothly; provides great, natural looking coverage; and lasts all day long.

An SA at Neiman Marcus told me it had been reformulated, but an SA at Bloomingdales said it was the same formula but with additional colors. It's interesting that they can't keep their story straight.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Jaell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used the as my foundation for a few years. I've read a few reviews on mua where some users are saying that the formula has changed but I haven't noticed anything different aside from the .05 ounce diff. Still love the product provides great coverage on my oily/acne prone skin. Will continue to purchase

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by myang8

I used Double Perfection in Medium Beige for about 5 years. They recently "added some new colors" and changed the formulation so that the powder did not look so "powdery" when applied. Well, I have combination skin and throughout the day with the newer version of DP, my skin turns orange! My face looks like an oil slick as well, with areas of my skin clumped with color. I used to be obsessed with this product, but I can't use it anymore! So upset!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Knox123

Ok. I'm going to have to disagree with everyone who hates the new formula, because I absolutley LOVE it.

I was SO bummed when I figured out they changed it, until I actually tried it. It goes on smoother and better than ever, in my opinion. It doesn't get shiny on me either.

I've been using this powder for 5 years and it's the only thing that has been able to hide my acne and my old scars. It also minimizes my pores!

I don't break out anymore (thanks to YAZ), but I still really love how this powder reflects the light so that my few mild pock marks from old acne don't really show up.

**I like the fact that you can buy refills without having to buy a whole new compact. I commend Chanel for reducing waste, BUT did anyone else notice that the refill is smaller and about the same price as the old one? That irriates me, so I knocked it down to 4 lippies.**
I hope this makeup is here to stay. I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by LauraBraunstein

Yes it's expensive, but nothing else compares! When used over a little moisturizer, the coverage is so perfect and the look so flawless I can't even tell you. The varying shades in the pale spectrum also make it really easy to match to skin tone perfectly. If you don't want to shell out this much go to Nars' similar product, but the coverage isn't quite as good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by love4chanel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, Love, Love it! The finish is beautifully matte but not cakey-mask like. It looks great in pictures as well. I apply it with the sponge or a big powder brush. I usually have pretty oily skin and this keeps me shine free almost all day but it doesn't make me feel dry. Since I am very fair, I was very happy to find a light color at the Chanel store that Nordstroms and Macys didn't have (the .5 Vanilla) and it matches well. The compact is elegant and the price is pricey- but it is Chanel. Definitely will buy this again and again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

OMG! My worst nightmare came true. After years of using Double Perfection (the only powder foundation that truly controlled my oily skin without drying it out or aggravating my sensitive skin) they CHANGED the formula!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was excited that Chanel introduced new colors that matched my skintone better and was told by the makeup artist that the formula did not change! Well I used it for 3 days, but I knew immediately THEY ABSOLUTELY DID CHANGE THE FORMULA!!!!!!!!! The powder is completely different.

The new formula does nothing for my super oily skin!!! Nothing! It doesn't even look like anything on my skin an hour after applying it. It gave me a dewy oily look that was not flawless at all like the old formula was on me! I would recommend this for someone with near perfect skin that is normal to dry. Oily girls....This doesn't won't work for us anymore!

Now I have to find something else :( I am completely devastated!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by marinaroses

So I've heard it's been reformulated...but to be honest with you I can't say which formula was better because I just started using it in November! I was very hesitant to try this because of the price and because I had never really used foundation before and had heard awful things about powder foundation. The point is that this completely evens out my skin and makes it look flawless, even after lack of sleep or a night spent partying. The one downer is that even though my skin is oily, sometimes this flakes up on drier parts of my skin (like my chin). Solution? Sit around for a bit after applying. Sounds crazy but once this makeup is settled flakes, oilies, and that awful "hey I'm wearing makeup" look disappears. Give it a chance but stay away from this if you have extremely dry skin or deep wrinkles!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by alyciab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am heartbroken over Chanel changing the formula of Double Perfection Matte powder. I've even spoken to some Chanel counter make-up reps who are upset about the change! I've written and called, begging the company to go back to the old one. I encourage everyone to do the same, there is always a chance they'll give in and go back. Word is sales are way down due to the change. The original make-up was so fantastic that I know several make-up artists used it for their clients, it gave a wonderful diffused, natural look. I have problems with large pores and some acne scars(and active acne) and with the application of ONE layer this make-up gave me flawless skin that would last for hours.
I would get compliments on my skin, which I hadn't for years before using. Now I cannot find anything that compares to the discontinued make-up, have wasted a lot of money in the search. If anyone knows of anything that is like the old Chanel PLEASE let me know!
The new Chanel formula is like a cheap drugstore bargain brand, no coverage, no lasting effect-gives a rough, powdery, uneven and fake appearance. Please Chanel go back to the old formula!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by FlyGirlLo

This product is like Lancome's Dual Finish. I agree with other members that at first the reaction is "wow". However, this powder foundation is designed for normal/dry skin that doesn't break out. If your skin is combination/oily, it has a tendency to get cakey. Not recommended for use in natural light.