October 21, 2014 | 901 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by klyle5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After what I read, I couldn't wait to get out there and buy some almond oil!! Found it in an Indian grocery store, as recommended in a review on this site. Loved it right away, BUT beware if you're not going right to bed. It's rough on the eyes (as any oil is)... blurs my vision right away, which drives me nuts, so I now use shea butter around my eyes and then the almond oil + shea butter for my face... the perfect combination! The things I don't like about the almond oil are (besides my eyes, which isn't exactly a fault of the almond oil... it's just being oily, like it's supposed to!) that is makes my hair GREASY! I wake up in the morning and my shoulder-length hair is a goner. I have very thick, healthy hair... in many ways, I'd think my hair would welcome the midnight treatment, but it doesn't. All the hair around my face looks greasy. Also my chin was drying out just using the almond oil... go figure.
SO my perfect skin regimen (thus far) is: in the morning it's straight shea butter... my eye makeup doesn't smear (which it always did with almond oil).... and at night it's shea butter with a bit of oil (but just shea around the eyes) ... great combo. Really softening, and I've seen SUCH a difference in my hands since using the almond oil (and shea). My hands were horribly dry... hated it! Now they're always so soft! I really need to put the oil in a little squeeze bottle or something that will work better than my having to dip my (clean) finger into the bottle over and over again.... just doesn't feel too sanitary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This feels soooo good on my face!! It really is soaking in nicely and making my skin very smooth and even the color looks more even. I have been using it around my eyes and on my drier cheeks and have noticed a great improvement in the texture and condition of my skin...it's only been a few days and already awesome! Very happy with this so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by deb2382

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been experimenting with oils for my face over the last year, with varying results (olive oil=greasy, jojoba=breakouts..). Sweet almond oil may have ended my search for a moisturizer. I bought the Now brand 100% sweet almond oil from Whole Foods, and have been using it for the last three weeks. I kept waiting for the breakouts to start - but so far so good. The difference in my skin is dramatic - not only is my crazy sensitive skin not irritated, my skin is smoother, moisturized, balanced. I barely need to blot my previously oily face during the day, and my makeup looks dewy and fresh instead of splotchy by the afternoon! This one is a keeper. And cheap too - 4 oz for about 5 bucks, and I only need one drop after washing my face. The bottle is a little unwieldy with the flip top, so I put it in a small glass bottle that has a dropper. How I use: after cleansing, I spritz my face with rosewater+glycerin toner (homemade, in a Target travel spray bottle), then pat one drop of oil on top of damp face. At this point, my skin feels a little wet/greasy but it all sinks in in about 30 seconds.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by nickyn

This is the best moisturiser. I wish everyone would give up their expensive anti-aging bullsh*t and switch to natural oils!
I use this at night maybe once a week, and then massage my face a little. then steam my face and rob a towel over my face.
since i do this routine i got perfect balanced face-skin.

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 4:03:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I bought this after doing some research online about natural products for dark under eye circles and sweet almond oil was one thing that kept coming up in many sites so I went to whole foods and bought some. I was using it for about two weeks and I didn't see any clear improvement but it was probably too soon to tell. I had to stop using it because I started to get clogged pores that turned into white heads just below my under eyes on my upper cheeks and nothing else had changed about my skincare routine and I knew it was because some of the oil must have slid down and caused my pores to clog. Before putting sweet almond oil on my face, I checked to see that it was a non comedogenic oil and one site confirmed that. But since then I have checked again and I found another source that says almond oil is comedogenic, which would explain my bumps. I would not use this again on my face because I am acne prone but I have used it in conjunction with coconut oil as a conditioning treatment for my hair which actually works well.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is saved with this. I have very sensitive skin that reacts with soap or anything harsh. I get dry spots, rashes, clogged pores and generally distressed skin when I use any cleanser that needs water or has too many chemicals.
I've been using this for almost a year now, exclusively as a make up remover and at night in combination with my usual moisturizer. My skin has never looked this good. No dry spots, irritations, clogged pores but healthy, clean, blowy skin!
I wet my face and add a drop massaging all over as a make up and mascara remover. Then I wipe it off with a cotton ball. At night I add a drop of this in my usual moisturizer or use it as a mask in the shower letting the steam do its job. Soft supple healthy skin all the way, no chemicals and dirt cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sweet almond oil is a very good moisturizer for hands and nails. Apply a dab on the nails and massage, your nails will go pinkish and look very healthy. Mix it with olive oil and make the perfect hair mask.

It's known to strengthen hair. So if you have few/short eyelashes, apply just a drop on a cotton stick and gently rub it to the roots of your eyelashes. Same goes for eyebrows, if you're in need for dense eyebrows. I had few eyelashes on the lower lids but since I started using sweet almond oil, they are so long and thick that they curl downwards! It will also remove remainders of eye pencil. Do it before you go to sleep. You'll see the difference.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my first day using it. I tried it on my face and body first after tm shower in the morning mixing it with Cetaphil and it's kept my skin soft and supple all day s tomorrow I'll try it alone. I also tried it straight on my face and it works great. I'm suprised because using oil alone has always broke my skin out. I love how it doesn't smell.

Strangely enough I washed my hair with J.R. Liggetts Old Fashioned Shampoo Bar that contains almond oil and within an hour my scalp started swelling up with an allergic reaction but I've been wearing SAO all day on my face and body and also before I ashed my hair drenched my scalp with it and NOTHING, no allergy at all. I don;t quite understand what the difference is between them but I'm glad I'm not allergic to this.

UPDATE 2 MONTHS
I mix a little of this every day with my Cetaphil lotion. My skin loves it, it makes it so soft and it hasn't given me any breakouts whatsoever. I'll defintely keep buying it.I also use it on my hair and it works great but my hair loves the thicker olive oil better.It's still good to use for when I run out of Olive oil though.

UPDATE 5 MONTHS
Good product but ultimately it didn;t do as much for my hair as Olive oil did and I found a lotion finally (st.Ives) that i can use instead of mixing 2 products together so this is now sitting in my cuboard gathering dust.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by nikitabambina

I also love sweet almond oil. Itís fantastic as a moisturizer, and a makeup remover. It balances the skin well and keeps the skin hydrated all day long. I also use this under my eyes and it works well on those fine lines. It doesnít irritate my eyes at all. Defiantly worth a try and id buy this any day over some of those expensive brand moisturizers.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sweet almond oil is from Aura Acacia, and i must say I love it. I use it to moisturize my hands and my face, usually when I don't want to waste my main moisturizer since sometimes I wash my face many times a day. I also use it on the weekends, to give my skin a rest from the usual products. All and all, it moisturizes pretty good, absorbs into the skin and doesn't upset it. Its brilliant as an under eye treatment too, and it gives a gorgeous sheen to the legs if worn with sunless tanning products.