October 20, 2014 | 1790 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Foundation Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I had this in No. 2 and it is a bit dark for me so I got it in No. 1. No. 1 would be too dark for those with very light porcelain skin! I am about NW20 and I find No. 1 to be a good match. This provides a lot of coverage, but I still need to use concealer on some spots. The problem is you have to apply concealer first and then put on the foundation, or you will end up smearing off the foundation. When I first apply this I feel like it's looks dry, but then it seems to melt into my skin a bit after about 10 minutes. I like to use the enclosed sponge and use it dry. You could also use it wet for an even thicker coverage or use the pad that comes with it for a lighter coverage. The sponge works well to apply into creases, around nose, etc. This foundation gives a matte coverage. It is a little uncomfortable (dry) on my skin. I also find it doesn't apply well unless your moisturizer is totally soaked in. If you have any dry patches this will accentunate them.

One thing I would change about this is to make it a bit more "buttery" so that application is more smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 12:10:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I really like this foundation powder. it goes on very smooth and doesnt have a really powdery feel to it. its very silk like and is easy to blend into the skin as it doesn't have a chalky feel to it. it offers medium to full coverage depending on how much you want. The colors are also really good but most of LM's color choices are good. I like the packaging as well it comes in a square compact with the sponge located underneath in its own compartment and I like that its not in contact with the actual makeup like other compacts are where bacteria left on it from your skin mixes with the makeup. tThis is a very good foundation powder for med/full coverage, with a hint of shine to it. But it gives your skin a luminous glow rather than an oily look.

Update: I stopped using this as I was getting tired of my skin not looking as fresh and young as it should. I get a much more luminous 'fresh'non made up look from liquid foundations- in this case NARS Sheer glow. So I've stopped using all my powders and switched to this, although i still keep Laura Merciers mineral powder for those really really hot days i can;t bear to put liquid on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by azaleadeez

When applied dry with the sponge provided this foundation provides good coverage for my acne scars and dark circles. It lasts all day, doesn't streak on my super oily skin and minimizes the look of big pores. However, it is a little drying for the eye area.

This foundation might look powdery right after applying it but spritzing a FINE MIST of facial spray (eg Avene, Evian) over it will make it meld right in. If your face spray does leave droplets of water instead of just a fine mist over the foundation, just blot it with tissue (don't rub though).

I have to mention THE SPONGE. The sponge that comes with this foundation is the bomb. It'll make the crappiest powder foundations glide onto your skin smoothly.

(I'm fair with strong yellow undertones. I use #2 but I find it slightly too peachy/pink; #1 is too light; #3 is too dark)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by ChanelDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried this is both No.2 and no.3. I'm Nw20 Mac and no.2 was definetly a better match, it is a lovely light neutral color but no.3 was too golden for me but would definelty mach some people w/ golden/yellow undertones nicely. Besides the color and the packagin(I usually love LM packaging) it was a miss for me because
    1. This product did not look good alone-it looks powdery and I didn't feel it applied over moisturizer nicely
    2.But over liquid foundation it looked cakey-so I ended up only using the setting puff to just set my t-zone and that makes this product only one step up from useless.
    3. I find this powder drying, which is rare for me since I do not have dry skin
    4. You know it's bad makeup if it actually makes your skin loook worse! I was actually told my skin looked too made-up and powdery and not all that nice when I wore this and I have good skin!
    5. It broke out my chin I tried this powder a few time and everytime I applied it to my chin I got breakouts there-which is odd for me.
    I honestly don't recommend this powder to anyone. I don't think it would be good for dry, oily or any skin type in between. And the cost also makes it a miss. I think maybelline dream matte pressed is far superior -I would check that out first

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by huijulee

This totally dried my skin out like no other!! It looks great once you apply it, but after about 30 minutes, it makes your face look horrible! Your face looks dried out and cakey. It also does nothing for coverage. It seemed like it was only emphasizing the acne spots or flaws on your face. I use this however, lightly on top of my liquid foundation. I can't return it so I might as well use it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

OMG, this got to be it - my HG powder foundation, finally!
    I bought it in the lightest shade which looks suspiciously yellow in the container but happily I can only see that in the container. On my face (cool-toned PPP) it looks just like... my face but better. So much better! I apply it with a big powder brush (MAC 136) instead of the cute puff and excellent sponge that are supplied with this powder foundation. I have tried applying some with the sponge but ended up with a cakey look.
    It can contol oil quite well too. Actually it's not very important to me because my face gets oily no matter what but it's a nice additional advantage of the product.
    No problems with breakouts or clogged pores. It can accentuate dry areas and flaky skin but thanks to PC 1-2% BHA I rarely have these problems.
    The price is a killer for the amount of foundation that you are getting but I will definitely buy it again! Hey, if it can make my skin look that good it is absolutely worth every single $$$!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by renny85

I really love this powder foundation. I have tried all kinds of foundations out there and this is by far the best. it is in powder form therefore easier to use and this does not break me out. i have many acne scars on my face and this foundation covers them so well without giving the cakey maskey look. great stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this to replace my chanel powder which they discontinued. I think I like this even more than chanel. I got this in shade #2. I am MAC NC25 for reference. I have used this with the brush and the sponge underneath. I prefer the look after using the sponge under the powder (even though it is suggested to use the sponge for the "wet" application). I couldn't bring myself to use the pretty extra puff that comes with this! I think I will save that puff for my loose powder. This powder has medium coverage, blends well, and is not as "powdery" as chanel. This is one of the better--if not the best-- powders I have found, and I have tried a lot---Estee Double wear, clinique, chanel, clarins, MAC, shiseido, etc...
    UPDATE: This looks so fake. The color choices are not good. oxidizes,too. Was brown by the end of the day, and I am pale.
    This isn't long wearing, doesn't help to control oil, MUF seems to be a better match and look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by cyncity510

I Use this in a No.4.I love it. I was Using MAC studio fix for years and I got sick of it clogging my pores. I went to the LM counter at nordstrom and they put LM moisterizing foundation on and this powder over it. Looked flawless and not cakey. I like to apply this on with a brush not the spongw also not wet but dry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by michkal

This product had good reviews so I gave it a try. I have combo acne prone skin and wanted to see if a powder foundation could help control oil in the hot weather. I can't get this to look good on my skin. It looks and feels dry. I wear shade 3. I tried applying with different sponges, but nothing improved the outcome. As with all LM foundations, the shade range is very neutral.