December 22, 2014 | 1689 users online

Powder - NARS - Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this foundation in Fiji and I really, really like the texture and finish of this powder! It gives light to medium coverage and is not chalky or powdery in the least. It maybe controls oil a teeny bit, but nothing really does IMO. I have very large pores, very oily skin and some sun damage (I'm 37) and I'm prone to breakouts, and this stuff is pretty darn good-no zits, and I;ve used it since January. It also has no fragrance. I like to use a powder foundation because you can just slap it on quickly and go. The color Fiji is maybe a teensy- weensy bit pinkish on me (I'm a MAC nc35, Px yellow-orange), but it's not too bad; besides, the other shades were too light. Anyway, I love this stuff applied with a big brush, then I buff it in a little with the brush, then I use the enclosed sponge (which is very good, BTW) to then buff over the humongous pores on my nose, cheeks, chin and forehead and it ends up looking really natural. I highly recommend this to those of you who love a powder foundation but don't like the chalky, heavy, powdery finish so many of them give the skin. I plan to repurchase (I've just hit the pan), although I do want to try Stila's Illuminating Powder Foundation! Ah, once a makeup junkie, always a makeup junkie!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2007 10:57:00 AM More reviews by villen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Damn, this is the most amazing foundation!

Always liked the idea of powder foundation (I mean, the convenience!), but they never seem to work for anything that making my skin look hideous or even causing breakouts.

Now, this just looks totally convincing, like I'm not wearing makeup and just happen to have perfect skin! The shade, Deauville, matches my skin exactly, better than any other foundation of any kind that I've ever tried (a few!).

SO impressed. It's beautiful and hasn't given me any bad reactions (my skin is sensitive and acne-prone).

I have to order it from overseas (why I didn't try it before), and it's expensive without the added cost of shipping, but I am most certainly buying this again!

I apply this with a MAC #182 brush (too heavy with a sponge or puff). For about 3 minutes after application it looks obvious and overly powdery, but then it sort of miraculously blends into my skin and looks absolutely perfectly invisible.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by tambien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looked great at first - even, matte, full yet natural coverage - but turned orange on me as the day progressed, and my skin eventually started to react negatively to the foundation. I found it to be too pricey with the amount of product you get. Sedona was a good match for my yellow-toned, GGG, NC42/43 complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by romina1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product because of the easy application. Also the color seems to be a perfect match for me. I am a medium skin olive with a lil yellow tone latina with oily skin. This is not drying out at all. Evens out my complexion and does not look heavy. Although If I am experiencing some breakout, I have to use an extra spot concealer because this is not full coverage but a natural look. I used to use tinted moisturizer from wet n wild which was pretty good for a while...but this is much more time efficient and gives better results. I love the packaging too and the lil sponge that comes with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 1:10:00 AM More reviews by candibear

I got this in Barcelona...best foundation match ever! The only bad thing is that when my face does get dry it can show my flakies,but it isnt that noticeable unless i look really close on my face! It feels extremely silky!! i mean SILKY! I couldnt stop touching it when I was at sephora I was like wow it feels so nice. It is really expensive so if I do buy it I might want to look into ebay. But other than that it works great, it gives me a flawless face. AND it doesnt give me a yellow orangy look AND it doesnt give me a cakey look either. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by vbirch

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation has very good color choices. Fair skin girls will probably be able to find a color match without much trouble. Like this product very much. Easy to apply does not change color as the day goes by. Keeps pores from looking big and lasts most of the day. Try it you will not be sorry. Oh one moree great thing you can get refills.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by hipperz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the great reviews on this product, I had to buy it! I love powder foundation, and it's the only one type I use! Estee Lauder discontinued my color (radient beige) around 1995 and I've been on the search ever since! I can never find one I love.

I ordered this on ebay for $19.00!! I love it so much I should of ordered more at that price, I got it in St. Tropez, and it melts right in, matches perfectly! I was using perfectly real by clinique in 134g, which is a better match, but the product gets all smoothed over or hardened, I can't explain it, but have to buff it up with a brush or scrape it fresh again. The st. tropez goes on lighter than it looks, so come summer, I'll have to try out Sedona.

5 lippies!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2007 11:54:00 AM More reviews by lillip1185

I really like this powder... not sure if it's my HG-- but pretty close. it gives me a nice matte finish and a decent amount of coverage. the only reason i took off a lippie is because when i have a breakout i have to use an additional foundation or concealer to conceal the area, the power/foundation itself does not cover the blemish... but i can tell this powder is SO much better for my skin than MAC's studio fix. the texture of my skin has improved and i feel like my skin hasn't been nearly as oily as normal. so far, so good! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by troublebound

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG powder foundation! NARS is the only brand that creates a foundation that matches my super fair pinky skin (mont blanc). This is awesome when you need to apply quickly or just prefer powder to liquid. Does not look cakey on me. Does not irritate my sensitive acne/clog prone skin at all. Its a sheer coverage and does not cover every blemish but evens the skintone very well. Works well over my sunscreen. It doesn't keep me matte all day but that would be impossible and I don't expect it. I'm in love with this and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by annalobodziec

Hi-First I would like to say sorry for my bad English:)
I am not affraid to say that this is the best product I ever tried.
My skin is normal-combination-sometimes oily in T Zone,but this happens only when I use not the right moisturiser-You know how difficult is to find the good one.I was using different companies,and just start with NARS foundations,I was using DIOR powder foundation,but it was just too havy.NARS one is just perfect.So you may think why I gave 4 instead of five.My little secret is,that I am using this powder foundation instead of loose powder to set up the make up.This foundation does not give a great coverage.I love to use liquid foundation-at the moment I use NARS oil free foundation-no good coverage,but with powder foundation is just PERFECTO!!!I look like I will have a flawless skin.I dont like powders ,because they are to havy and this one is beetween powder and foundation.I treat it as a light powder.I apply it with the wet sponge on top of oil free foundation and after couple of hours reapply with dry sponge(includet).Am I a bit funny with this?:)