October 23, 2014 | 1617 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Individualist Natural Finish Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2005 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Gem727

My aunt swears by Estee Lauder so I figured I'd try it. This foundation just wasn't for me. Besides the fact that the amount you get for $33 is very small, it made my dry skin very oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2005 9:56:00 AM More reviews by cherrytreegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I have it in Linen and it is enough to cover my red marks and uneveness without washing out my face. I need to use very little. It feels good on my skin and hasn't made my sensitive skin break out. I need to use very little. It feels good on my skin and hasn't made my sensitive skin break out. I also have dry skin and it goes on smoothly without flaking. With lower drugstore brands i have always had to super-moisturize my skin right before i put it on, or it would be uneven. Not so with Individualist! Make sure you ask the esthetician to choose your shade for you and give you a sample.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2005 1:46:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a most wonderful foundation. Chubbybunny had it absolutely correct in the consistancy department - It's almost a opaque gel that quickly sheers out on the skin, BUT somehow, it offers more coverage than you'd expect and is quite buildable with a dabbing motion over trouble spots. Setting it with powder (I use loose Clinque) it has a most natural looking soft matte finish and coverage does not look mask like. It doesn't settle into lines or pores - lasts all day - I have age 50 oily skin, but find I touch this up with powder half as often as any other foundation - and I must have a million at all price ranges! I was matched with Vellum which is a Warm Level 2 light to dark range like NC 25 - light/med.
    This is just about the best foundation I've ever used - not perfect, but close!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2005 2:14:00 PM More reviews by trew

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh god, i thought i had it...a got a sample in beech after being "imatched"
    perfect colour, perfect texture for me quite light sheer but it made the skin near my eyes sting and go red...im allergic........i thought i found it, the colour and texture are perfect for me!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by jdruk

Individualist is a wonderful foundation in that you can get scanned by a computer for your exact skintone, which will then be mixed into the bottle before your very eyes. The coverage is more sheer than not, and does not last as long as many other foundations I've tried. The price, at the high end of Estee Lauder foundations, is also something to consider. However, I would still recommend this product because, hey, how often can you find an exact skin match in foundation, and one that does not change color as the day wears on?

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2005 8:39:00 PM More reviews by lindam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am test driving Sand and I have to say I have been very impressed.

I am 51 and have had problems with foundation looking smooth. No problem here
    Looks good in the morning and good at night.

If it stays this way I am buying a full size when I am done with the sample

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2005 10:02:00 PM More reviews by silvercatt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am getting the urge to kill the Estee Lauder SA who gave me this sample! She almost turned me off from this foundation. Brief explanation:

Went to the D.S. to get a sample of Futurist. The SA was a middle ages completely EVIL woman who sounded like she was mad at the world. Instead she gave me a minuscule amount of Individualist in 1N1(fair) which is too dark. I wanted to get away as fast as I could, so I grabbed it and left. Made my way to a different D.S. and asked the SA to pick a Futurist shade for me. She was super helpful and picked the perfect tone for me(porcelain).

I got home, wanted to try one of them on and didn't want to waste my perfect sample so I tried the Individualist.

My god! This stuff is great! I'm a drug store buyer for the most part and even compared to my MAC select tint, this is amazing. You can't tell it's a foundation(which is the point) -even on my dry, flaky skin- but the coverage is just a notch below medium so my skin isn't "flawless". Still, it's great.
    I want to try my futurist sample and then maybe I'll get the right colour of this.
    In the meantime I'd recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2005 6:59:00 PM More reviews by eziholi

This did nothing for me. It's not bad, it just lacked wow-factor. It feels great going on but it didn't last on my skin more than three hours. It didn't really give me coverage and it made skin my just look ok. I got the color Beech and it seemed to match pretty well (I'm hard to match) but it did turn a little peachy after an hour. I am usually a fan of EL but I recently tried Lancome Teinte Idole Ultra and I am blown away by it. Now everything pales in comparison, even foundations that I like before like Px Virual Skin! I think EL has slipped a little in their quality. If they want to remain competitive they need to get on the ball...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2005 12:26:00 AM More reviews by li1babe

This is a nondewy version of EL Enlighten Foundation. The coverage can be sheer to medium and the finish is naturally semi-matte.

I love it. Good color selection.

I haven't had it long enough to determine if it makes me breakout...but thus far, it hasn't. I will edit this review if it does.

The container is very small. You get very little for the price.

However, it's hard for me to find a color match and something sheer but not greasy so I will stick to this.

Thus far, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2005 4:22:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

This has been my favorite foundation since I first tried it. I wear the Linen shade, which is a perfect match. The color selection is GREAT. I like the texture and finish -- natural look, not too heavy, not too light, with just enough coverage. I have normal-combo skin, and this lasts well on me through long days and nights. The only thing I really dislike is the packaging -- a plastic squeeze tube. There is still product left in the tube which won't come out. I decided to cut the bottle in half and scoop out the rest which left me with at least a week or more worth of foundation. lol!