Sheer Cover Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

3.0

2011 Reformulation: Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 12.00%. Inactive Ingredients: Boron Nitride, Bisabolol, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Lauroyl Lysine. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 5/4/2010 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I ordered Sheer Cover in dark... for any one thinking to purchase this product DONT DO IT. It seems ok when you order it because they only charge you $30 and comes with a lot of things... things that you might not end up using any way. Harder to blend for those of a darker shade. The brushes shed. And after the first order the prices start to go up almost $100 each month. I'm canceling my order in the morning!

on 4/29/2010 7:47:00 PM

Okay, so this is definetly one of the better products I have tried. However, it still isn't that wonderful. I loved watching the paid programing and all the free gifts Sheer Cover came with, but I was kind of disappointed and still am because I'm still using and trying to find something new. I ordered the 30 day kit in light. I agree with other comments that say the concealor is what is doing all the covering. The foundation just evens out your skin tone to match the concealor. The problem with getting two shades is sometimes it looks right and sometimes I have a makeup line and look a little orange. The brushes are rough, but I like the mascara and moisturizer. I'm looking for a little more coverage in a foundation because you really use up the concealor when the foundation doesn't help out any.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Awsome Mineral Powder :).... Too much Negative Feedback :(
I Love Sheer Cover, I think it's great! If yu want great coverage from a powder Sheer Cover is the way to go, it is more cakier than most mineral powders but it's worth it! But if yu are going to use mineral powders, its always best to prep the skin with -Rose Hip Oil- This not only helps drying out yur skin, but it helps make the powder stick to yur face better :D (Rose hip oil wont give yu pimples if yu use it right)
Yu may need to use other mineral powders to match yur skin tone sadly :( ... bu meh ITS WORTH IT!!! AWSOME COVERAGE, NATURAL FINISHED LOOK, LIGHT (DOESNT FEEL CAKEY), EASY TO APPLY, EVEN COVERAGE!! SEXY ;D
EDIT: 28 MAY 2012 : I take this all back lol, after using it for a while, it's not that great, it over priced, comes only in a small pot, to cakey.

on 4/24/2010 12:03:00 PM

I hate the Sheer cover brushes, its terrible! Sheds like crazy and it's extremely prickly. The product itself wasn't impressive either. I prefer using Everyday Minerals.
It's the concealer that's covering your flaws and not the minerals itself.

on 4/24/2010 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had purchased Sheer Cover after seeing an infomercial. Usually, I am skeptical about products I see on television, but I had been wanting to try a mineral foundation and it seemed as good a time as any to go for it. When I first used it, I liked it. I thought it gave my face a smooth, matte finish. But then I had friends start telling me they thought I looked tired and withdrawn - was something the matter with me, they asked. They were worried about my health! Turns out, it was the make up that made me look pale. Plus, it exacerabted my dry skin. Once I went back to my Cover Girl TrueBlend foundation, my palor significantly improved.

I think this product might work for some people. I'm just not one of these people. I have fair, dry, sensitive skin, and I need something to replenish my skin. This is not the product. Not to mention, it is prohibitively expensive and they make you join a "mail order kit club". I do not recommend this product.

on 4/18/2010 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I hate proactive, so I was shocked when I really started to love Sheer Cover! It's a really, really nice mineral foundation. It covers skin well and doesn't make me break out. There are only a few cons to the Sheer Cover mineral foundations which is that they can look very cakey, and it is a very limited range of colours - most are either too yellow or too white for my skin. All around a nice foundation.

on 4/14/2010 6:39:00 PM

i love sheer cover mineral foundation!! i have tried other brands of mineral foundation. and they seem to make the lines on my face look like deep wrinkles. sheer cover makes my face look flawless! and its the only foundation i have found to totally match my light skin color. without making it look yellow or rosie. i get compliments all the time with friends asking what do i use to keep my skin so flawless.. its not flawless at all.. sheer cover just makes it look that way.lol and if you use sheer cover you must get the finishing powder! and if you dont like them sending the monthly shipments. go to ebay! thats where i get it and u can buy the sizes you want,and the colors you want.. way cheaper! with no monthly shipments! i love it and my friends love it! i wont ever use anything else!

on 4/13/2010 11:36:00 PM

Sheer cover was the very first mineral foundation I've tried. They have limited shades and sent me 2 medium shades me. Neither looked natural for me and the coverage was too sheer for me. When I try to build the coverage, it only made me face cakey. Also, they charge you about every month for 30 dollars I think. What upset me was that it didn't say anything about it when I purchased the foundation, so I felt ripped off, especially for them to continually charging me after I requested it to stop. I called customer service and the man said it was because they gave me 3 months of foundation in advance. I told the man I didn't even ask for 3 months of foundation in the first place so why would they do such a thing, he couldn't even provide me an answer!
All in all, my experience with sheer cover was a disaster, I'm extremely hooked to everyday minerals and I lovvvvvve the tinted powders from bare essentials!

on 4/13/2010 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My sister tried this on me and i hate it! i didn't see anything different so this was disappointing.

on 4/13/2010 3:47:00 PM

I have tried all brands of Mineral Foundation and have found Sheer Cover to work the best. I have combination skin, and found Sheer Cover to keep my T-Zone from getting oily. I do use the Bare Minerals Kabuki Brush to blend the foundation. Alot has to do with the brush! Also use my fingers to blend around my nose. And very little goes a long ways...start with very little, and add more depending on the coverage, so do layers. But it looks so natural outside and feels very light, as if Im not wearing any foundation. Yes, with Customer Service, you have to call them and tell them you want to customize your order so you only pay for the supplies you need. You can get (2) 90 day supplies for $29.99 or so, or if you want the entire set then you do end up paying alot more. You can always go on eBay and find new products there for less. But overall I love this products...and will continue to use it from now on.