September 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate proactive, so I was shocked when I really started to love Sheer Cover! It's a really, really nice mineral foundation. It covers skin well and doesn't make me break out. There are only a few cons to the Sheer Cover mineral foundations which is that they can look very cakey, and it is a very limited range of colours - most are either too yellow or too white for my skin. All around a nice foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Patty31

i love sheer cover mineral foundation!! i have tried other brands of mineral foundation. and they seem to make the lines on my face look like deep wrinkles. sheer cover makes my face look flawless! and its the only foundation i have found to totally match my light skin color. without making it look yellow or rosie. i get compliments all the time with friends asking what do i use to keep my skin so flawless.. its not flawless at all.. sheer cover just makes it look that way.lol and if you use sheer cover you must get the finishing powder! and if you dont like them sending the monthly shipments. go to ebay! thats where i get it and u can buy the sizes you want,and the colors you want.. way cheaper! with no monthly shipments! i love it and my friends love it! i wont ever use anything else!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sheer cover was the very first mineral foundation I've tried. They have limited shades and sent me 2 medium shades me. Neither looked natural for me and the coverage was too sheer for me. When I try to build the coverage, it only made me face cakey. Also, they charge you about every month for 30 dollars I think. What upset me was that it didn't say anything about it when I purchased the foundation, so I felt ripped off, especially for them to continually charging me after I requested it to stop. I called customer service and the man said it was because they gave me 3 months of foundation in advance. I told the man I didn't even ask for 3 months of foundation in the first place so why would they do such a thing, he couldn't even provide me an answer!
All in all, my experience with sheer cover was a disaster, I'm extremely hooked to everyday minerals and I lovvvvvve the tinted powders from bare essentials!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My sister tried this on me and i hate it! i didn't see anything different so this was disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by u14852

I have tried all brands of Mineral Foundation and have found Sheer Cover to work the best. I have combination skin, and found Sheer Cover to keep my T-Zone from getting oily. I do use the Bare Minerals Kabuki Brush to blend the foundation. Alot has to do with the brush! Also use my fingers to blend around my nose. And very little goes a long ways...start with very little, and add more depending on the coverage, so do layers. But it looks so natural outside and feels very light, as if Im not wearing any foundation. Yes, with Customer Service, you have to call them and tell them you want to customize your order so you only pay for the supplies you need. You can get (2) 90 day supplies for $29.99 or so, or if you want the entire set then you do end up paying alot more. You can always go on eBay and find new products there for less. But overall I love this products...and will continue to use it from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by babyems

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My boyfriend bought his mom a 3 month set and I tried it. I usually don't use any kind of loose powder because I find that it tends to be cakey on me, but when I used this I was like wtf?! It doesn't look cakey at all and it feels like I'm wearing nothing, which was weird. I remember when I first tried it, I thought it wasn't covering anything, but as I built it on and on with more, my skin looked flawless.

Since I'm a brand whore, I got too cocky and tried the Laura Mercier mineral powder foundation, thinking I could get away with it because the Sheer Cover looked good on me. However, the Laura Mercier one looked too cakey for me, and I tried the Dior Nude foundation mineral one aswell.

So from than on, I used the Sheer Cover powder again, BUT with a brush I got from Sephora specifically for minerals, and it looked too cakey on me like the other powders..

So my question is, is it the sheer cover BRUSH that blends good? Because I've been using sheer cover lately and it doesn't look good on me anymore. OR is it the BRUSH and powder that's compatible and makes it work?? I lost my brush so I don't know :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 6:08:00 AM More reviews by beautybuff820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe this didn't get better feedback. I loved it! I saw this on TV, and I never buy into that info mercial crap. But this time, I just had a gut feeling (plus I needed a new foundation) about it. So I went online and ordered the kit. And let me just tell you, I live in CA and it was fast shipping and more than I could have ever asked for. The coverage was amazing, and the way it adhered to the brush they gave was wonderful and made my face look flawless. I don't have acne (I mean, of course I get a spot every once in a while), but I have little freckles all over and sometimes redness around my nose- and this coverage w/their concealer was better than bare minerals imo. It actually brightened up my face instead of making me look dull like b.m. Just saying... Love both. But this is better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

Wow I'm suprised at all the negative reviews for this. I got this in a swap and I love it! It has the best coverage out of any mineral foundation I've tried, and belive me I've tried a lot (bare minerals, neutrogena, l'oreal, mearle norman, physician's formula, etc.) It covers my redness and acne scars without looking dry or cakey. The color match isn't perfect, but I have yet to find any foundation that matches my fair skin perfectly. I can also use a liquid concealer under it where I need more coverage and it looks almost flawless and blends perfectly! It also hasn't irritated my skin either like a lot of mineral makeups do. I just wish the staying power was better so I don't have to do mid-day touch ups, but I'm going to look into getting a good primer for that. Overall I'm very happy with this and I'll definetly repurchase. I'll also update if it does irritate my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by mmxbabii01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, the price was $30 or so for the first purchase but the second purchase was $90 close to $100 which was a surprise and it came with a eye shadow brush and a small pallet. I didnt even want that and was so angry at how much I had to pay. It also comes every month if you dont change it. Now to the product I actually liked it but after continuing to use sheer cover last summer I started to HATE it. I have oily skin and throughout the day I got really oily and looked like a glazed donut. well maybe not that bad but close enough to it. It was really cakey and I have oily skin so i thought it wouldnt be cakey. The concealer is creamy but I dont know if its the concealer that made my face look cakey. The coverage is okay if you're looking for a light coverage and the good thing about it is that you can mix the two foundation to get your shade. I WILL NEVER ORDER THIS PRODUCT EVER AGAIN!!! save your money and buy something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by tonyawyatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried several mineral makeups and this so far has been the best. It's not perfect but it's best for my skin. What makes this different than the other mineral foundations I've tried is this....I don't "feel" it on my face (this is huge for me), it doesn't turn colors, it doesn't make my face look oily (and my skin is typically dry), it doesn't dry my face, it doesn't have particles that are sparkly. I feel like this product evens out my skin tone nicely. The only two things I would change about it is that I wish it would stay put a little longer, it doesn't seem to last all through the workday. And I wish it blended just a little better. It's good, but I can still see a touch of powder when I look up close.