November 27, 2014 | 1477 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Junkie1

I've had dry hands for years and have tried every cream out there (cheap and expensive). This oil has done wonders for my hands. I spray (about 3 squirts) every night into my hands, rub and then put cream over and rub again. My hands have never been so soft.

This is about CAD$41.00. It might seem expensive but I only use it where needed (my hands) so this will last me a long time.

As for the packaging, I love the fact that it comes with a spray pump but I'm really not crazy about the glass bottle (breakage!) and the angular format which doesn't make for easy storage or travel.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Rosita44

I read the wavering reviews before buying this product which does not for me what Trader Joe's jojoba oil does. Sorry to disagree on this one, but if you want to pamper yourself, there are better options for this amount of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is not a bad product. Been having and using this for over a year, just because i purchased it...I gave it two lippies because of the following (so these are the cons):
-it smells too strong, perfume-like, and i find it impossible to apply it on my lips (feels like i've eaten perfume)
-it can get my hair way too greasy
-surprisingly, can sometimes feel like it's drying out my skin as i apply it. might be just an impression since it is not meant to do that and how can an oil dry your skin...
-doesn't have a pump, so it's difficult to control the quantity
-waaaay too pricy for the ingredients. i agree it's natural and everything, but it was too expensive even so.
-i can't pay so much and use it for what other ladies here use it, cuticles, elbows and stretch marks...it's a bit of a senseless splurge for me (student budget, heh!). i use Nivea cream for these areas and i'm extremely happy with the results.

i find that my extra virgin organic coconut oil did so much more for my skin and hair than this product, at a fraction of the price for the quantity, so i would not repurchase. as i said, it is not a bad product but neither a good one, basically it doesn't do anything for me. i apply it on the eyelashes to make them grow and on the eyebrows to tame them a bit and make them silky (that is, before i go to bed or after showering) but....i can get away with virgin olive or coconut oil, without costing me an arm and a leg. i find this product, despite all the historic hype about it, is a pure gimmick, and i can't wait to finish it up.

a pro would be that the packaging looks classy on my bathroom sink, and for those who like it, it NEVER ends...i have been using it since last year and a few drops are enough.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 6:53:00 AM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS!

I purchased a 100ML sized one after reading the reviews and hearing a friend rave about it. It truly is the best! I use it everywhere- on my hair after a shower, on my cuticles when they get dry, as a hand cream, over my body during the winter... It actually works great for preventing stretch marks too.

But I like it best on my face when I sleep. A thin layer of it is enough to moisturize your face for the whole night. No allergic reaction, no clogging of pores, in fact this oil is incredibly light.
I like to use it in the morning too. It makes my skin look and feel ultra smooth!

My lips are terribly dry this winter and they started bleeding this morning. I put a layer of Huile Prodigieuse over them and they bled no more.

So when they say multipurpose, hell yea. This thing works on everything... I am so tempted to try it as a makeup remover, but I wouldn't waste the product like that. :(

4 for packaging because I'd prefer a pump over a spray. A spray isn't so ideal for an oil.

Just FYI, I will keep repurchasing this because it's one of the very few products I like that has been rated a 4/10 for its hazard score (10 being most hazardous) - according to cosmeticsdatabase.com

I love Nuxe!

EDIT: It's been quite a while since I purchased this product. I have to say, I love it even more now. It's 100% paraben free, so I am not afraid to use it as a moisturizer around my chest area. I also have very frizzy and dry hair, and just yesterday I found out that the Huile Prodigieuse does a great job of 24hr de-frizzing. It makes me super happy. I use this oil everywhere on everything...

I also tried it as a makeup remover one night. It works just as well as the Shu Uemura oils, minus the lather and moisture-stripping! Of course it'd be a waste to use this for that purpose though.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Ruth81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this with a recent Nuxe order from beautyboxx.co.uk, so I can't really comment on the price or full-sized packaging. It has a lovely scent, but the essential oils were just too much for my hyper-sensitive face to cope with and it did irritate it quite a bit. It didn't sink in particularly well either, so I just looked oily. But there again, me and facial oils have never worked well together and I'm not great at applying them. I only used it once so I couldn't comment on whether it affected my acne, and since facial oils usually trigger my acne, it would be unfair to single this product out. Having said that, I can imagine it would make a nice dry oil for the body and the scent does linger, but once the sample has finished I won't bother buying it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 8:57:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

When I discovered a local Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutique carried Nuxe, I started a frenzy of testing. This oil was a winner, in terms of usability and versatility. It is a wonderful moisturizer for my body in both hot and cold weather; does wonders for my hair when applied to the ends after blowing it dry and straightening (or curling, for that matter); and for even more vanity, just looks luxurious on my bathroom counter, as if I'd just taken a jaunt to a Parisian drugstore. But what I can't handle, surprisingly, is the smell. It's a beachy, tropical, monoi scent, which I normally love, but in this particular product, just proves to be too strong. Yes, it fades after an hour, but five minutes is long enough to induce a headache.

The 50ml retails for about $25 CDN. There is a 100ml spray version available, but I actually like the dropper better, as I can control how much and where the oil ends up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 6:43:00 AM More reviews by eleanorch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have read the reviews here on MUA and have saved money and potentially avoided costly mistakes. I have bought some products that I would not have even known about if not for you reviewers. So I thought I’d contribute too and hopefully others can make some informed choices as I have. I'm really impressed with this.

This review is for the golden Shimmer Dry Oil. This is really good oil. It gives your body a lovely subtle sparkle and if you use it in your hair it looks like you have hair tiny stars in it. Buy it if you can get hold of it. It is really difficult to get the 100ml for $44 of this….I am beginning to wander if Nuxe only now sell the 50ml for $39. If so, it makes it really expensive. If anyone knows would you let me know please?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Kay789

I finished this product a long time ago. I loved it but its such a small bottle and its so expensive. I used it for my hair and my body mainly. The smell is amazing. All of the Nuxe products feel so luxurious, it's like going to the spa at home.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent multipurpose product. I am reviewing the non-pearlescent version. It is wonderful for cuticles, on hair if it is dry and to leave skin silky smooth. It feels very nourishing. I happen to love the smell and use it to moisturise my body every day in the summer. That said, for what it is, it is a little expensive and I dislike the spray version; get the dropper one if you can because it allows you to get the exact amount needed and you can use up every drop in the bottle. This is definitely one of my beauty staples and I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Nyr

A perfect lightweight oil to moisturize everything with. I use it on my hair sometimes for a healthy glow, same thing for my skin as it gives a light tan look with shimmer.
It smells like heaven but it takes that some people won't like the smell.
After a shower I spray a few times in my hands & rub it on my skin.
Sinks in pretty fast and leaves everything smooth to the touch & smelling great.
Not the cheapest but well worth the money.
I have my bottle for over a year now and not even halfway. You really don't need much.