Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 12/11/2010 11:53:00 AM

I have to agree with the reviewer below.I only buy this because of the fine smell.Here in Greece for a 50ml bottle i spent 18 euro.I normally use it on my face,i would like this oil to give me a nice glow or a dewy finish with my make up-i had these kind of things when bought it-maybe my mistake for asking too much.But nothing happened.I really do not feel my combination skin on my face moisturised,and that should not happen since we are discussing about an oil,i suppose...i mean oils are supposed to be rich in moisturising factors...I tried it also on my body,nothing again.I feel nice when i use it,i really like the appearance of the bottle and the smell,but for me gives zero actuall results.

on 9/14/2010 8:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I keep on buying this product only for its fragrance, it smells lovely... Well its price in France is not very high. It's drugstore product.
I use it also to give a glow to my legs, but hydration quality is not enough, it lasts not very longer, but baby oil is better..
You may use others products with better results.
(it has no conservatives they say, I think it may be real, I have forgotten a bottle half used in my closet, it was spoiled!)

on 7/21/2010 3:40:00 AM

This is a great product but very expensive. You can get for 9.99 sanctuary shimmering body oil which I cannot tell the difference between the two.

on 5/19/2010 4:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my HG product! My pharmacist recommended i should use it to calm down my skin after having a major break out from using some Clinique products(soap for oily skin and Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel). I was like "Oil? On my combo skin? Do you hate me?" lol. Anyway, I did buy it in the end. He was right! After 1 month of use my skin feels unbelievable soft, it's more radiant than ever, didn't clog my pores and i don't break out any more! I also use it as treatment on my hair and works great there too! My hair are super soft, they glow and i got rid of those dry ends that were giving me a headache! Finally, i use it as body moisturiser aswell and yeah...it's awsome! Not greasy at all, absorbs fast, transforms skin, smells great and seems to last forever(i've been using it on face+body+hair on a daily basis for a month and i still have 3/4 of bottle full!). Bought the 100ml bottle for 35Euro(that is 44usd for 3.3oz), will definately repurchase and tomorrow i'll buy the shimmer version cause i've heard it rocks with tanned skin!

on 5/8/2010 10:05:00 AM

I got this as a sample and have enjoyed its fragrance very much. I have used it on my face in the am after cleansing with a salicylic acid cleanser and it restores moisture nicely. It does leave me a little more shiny than I prefer, so I have used Bare Minerals over it and its fine. I am using Decleor oil as my nighttime moisturizer now. When that is gone, I will probably buy this instead, even though it is terribly expensive. A little of Nuxe goes much further than the more viscous Decleor.

on 3/20/2010 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I carry this in my bag everyday during the fall and winter months. I use it in the afternoon to refresh my skin without putting more makeup on: just shake a drop or two in your palms, press together, and then press on face gently. Much better packaging than the Bobbi Brown oil and a nice scent too.

on 2/25/2010 12:42:00 PM

Smells great and absorbs well. I liked it under my normal lotion on my dry winter skin. I will try some of the other recommended products to compare before I come back to this again.

on 12/19/2009 3:23:00 AM

I read the wavering reviews before buying this product which does not for me what Trader Joe's jojoba oil does. Sorry to disagree on this one, but if you want to pamper yourself, there are better options for this amount of money.

on 11/24/2009 4:05:00 PM

This is not a bad product. Been having and using this for over a year, just because i purchased it...I gave it two lippies because of the following (so these are the cons):
-it smells too strong, perfume-like, and i find it impossible to apply it on my lips (feels like i've eaten perfume)
-it can get my hair way too greasy
-surprisingly, can sometimes feel like it's drying out my skin as i apply it. might be just an impression since it is not meant to do that and how can an oil dry your skin...
-doesn't have a pump, so it's difficult to control the quantity
-waaaay too pricy for the ingredients. i agree it's natural and everything, but it was too expensive even so.
-i can't pay so much and use it for what other ladies here use it, cuticles, elbows and stretch marks...it's a bit of a senseless splurge for me (student budget, heh!). i use Nivea cream for these areas and i'm extremely happy with the results.

i find that my extra virgin organic coconut oil did so much more for my skin and hair than this product, at a fraction of the price for the quantity, so i would not repurchase. as i said, it is not a bad product but neither a good one, basically it doesn't do anything for me. i apply it on the eyelashes to make them grow and on the eyebrows to tame them a bit and make them silky (that is, before i go to bed or after showering) but....i can get away with virgin olive or coconut oil, without costing me an arm and a leg. i find this product, despite all the historic hype about it, is a pure gimmick, and i can't wait to finish it up.

a pro would be that the packaging looks classy on my bathroom sink, and for those who like it, it NEVER ends...i have been using it since last year and a few drops are enough.

on 11/2/2009 6:53:00 AM

I LOVE THIS!

I purchased a 100ML sized one after reading the reviews and hearing a friend rave about it. It truly is the best! I use it everywhere- on my hair after a shower, on my cuticles when they get dry, as a hand cream, over my body during the winter... It actually works great for preventing stretch marks too.

But I like it best on my face when I sleep. A thin layer of it is enough to moisturize your face for the whole night. No allergic reaction, no clogging of pores, in fact this oil is incredibly light.
I like to use it in the morning too. It makes my skin look and feel ultra smooth!

My lips are terribly dry this winter and they started bleeding this morning. I put a layer of Huile Prodigieuse over them and they bled no more.

So when they say multipurpose, hell yea. This thing works on everything... I am so tempted to try it as a makeup remover, but I wouldn't waste the product like that. :(

4 for packaging because I'd prefer a pump over a spray. A spray isn't so ideal for an oil.

Just FYI, I will keep repurchasing this because it's one of the very few products I like that has been rated a 4/10 for its hazard score (10 being most hazardous) - according to cosmeticsdatabase.com

I love Nuxe!

EDIT: It's been quite a while since I purchased this product. I have to say, I love it even more now. It's 100% paraben free, so I am not afraid to use it as a moisturizer around my chest area. I also have very frizzy and dry hair, and just yesterday I found out that the Huile Prodigieuse does a great job of 24hr de-frizzing. It makes me super happy. I use this oil everywhere on everything...

I also tried it as a makeup remover one night. It works just as well as the Shu Uemura oils, minus the lather and moisture-stripping! Of course it'd be a waste to use this for that purpose though.