Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 6/21/2011 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

(NOTE: I only use this in summer - in colder months, it is not hydrating enough for my skin)
I love this product. I have been trying dry oil from many brands and this one seems to work best. It smells wonderful, gentle and not overpowering. The smell doesn't really last that long anyway but I think it's best to try a little bit first to see how it reacts with your skin. It makes my skin very smooth and it doesn't break me out when I use it on face. It's also gentle enough to use around the eye area and I'm usually very sensitive. I tried it the first time from a tester. I sprayed it on one of my hands and went shopping. After a while, I notice how different my skin feels on the part that I've used the oil. I ended up buying a whole bottle (the 20th anniversary version in France). The price is reasonable for me (20 EUR) and it lasts a long time. Anyway, the downside is it's a bit too oily to use for my hair.

on 6/13/2011 3:23:00 PM

I got a sample of this from a Shopper's grand opening. Can't say much about long-term usage, but I used it and it's made my skin very soft. Scent is a personal preference, so no comment. The only issue I had with this is that it made my hair feel like it hasn't been washed for a week. Yuck!

on 4/30/2011 2:29:00 PM

I went to the drugstore today to get a night creme and got Aroma-Vaillance based on MUA reviews (will review later). I was glad to finaly be able to try this oil. Happy I didn't buy it. It is very moisturizing and non greasy but the smell on me is horrible. Too woodsy and weird on my skin. That's why I gave it a 2. Even after 2 hours and washing my arm I can still smell it. I will likely go for René Garraud wich is very similar but with a citrussy smell and about $15 less.
Edit: I ended up getting a large sample of this in a GWP & must say that it totally grew on me. LOVE IT! So yes! I will purshase the full size!

on 4/8/2011 5:20:00 PM

I love this product! Smells wonderful, absorbs like a dream, and is moisturizing without being greasy. The price point annoys me- $44.00 is quite a bit for 3.3 oz of oil- but it works so well, I can justify it.

Pretty useless to me. I kept reading about the "divine scent" and I was soooo disappointed at this cheap, chemical, overpowering "bleh". The actual product was not much better, either.
---Body (normal skin): OK it got quite softer after application, but there was no sort of "nourishment". Skip it for a couple of showers, and my skin was like I never used it before. Shouldn' it improve my skin, even a little?
---Hair (normal hair): Yuck!!! I used the tiniest amount, it made my hair gorgeously soft for -like- half a day, and then they were like I poured a glass of oil on them. Disgusting!
--- Face (Combination): Same as body. And, God, the smell!!!
Overall: I give it 2 because it did make my skin and hair softer upon application. I am not going to repurchase, though. Useless and ridiculously overpriced (30 Euro? Come on!!!)

on 2/13/2011 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i absolutely love this. i use it after showering on my body and it smells amazing and keeps my skin hydrated.

on 1/29/2011 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely multi purpose dry oil! I use it on my body after showering, and it keeps my (pregnant) skin in good condition! Also use it on my hair and face, when they need some extra care in winter. The fragrance is pretty strong, luckily I really love it :)! I use D&G The One on top of it, and it is the perfect fragrant combo! As mentioned by many before me, it is very expensive though, small 50ml bottle costs about 20 euro's, and it is not easy to get hold of here in Holland. I end up buying it in France when we visit my parents-in-law in their summerhouse, it's cheaper, and almost every pharmacie sells it.

on 1/5/2011 9:29:00 PM

I got this oil as a sample from an international swap. I am completely in love with it. I have been using a small 30ml sample size for over 2 months and it is barely half gone.
It is expensive but you only need a 2 drops for face and neck and one for the ends of your hair. That said the bottle will last you forever so I think it is a far better value for the amount of uses verses a creme.
I love packaging in the spray bottle since one spritz will do it all. I usually put it into my hands for my face and then into the ends of my hair.
My skin is normal.combo no breakouts and very fair with freckles. This is a ultimate moisturizer and especially since i live in a very cold, snowy place. It makes my face feel soft and moisturizer. I would not use it under makeup since it is oil.
I am not using it under my eye but do wish they would make something for that area like this.

on 12/13/2010 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this is fantastic! it smells great, left my skin soft and supple. i use it after shower and apply lotion after that. i rub a bit of it on my hair too and my hair feels soft and doese't tangle as much as it did before. nice alternative to silicones! i don't dare using it on my face, however. the scent is too strong and i'm not sure if it will break out my skin. i read the ingredient list and see a lot of chemicals in there. i'd try josie's argan oil on my face but not this one. love the bottle. very cute and small. it is perfect as the stand alone moisturizer when i'm taking a trip. no need to bring body lotion or hair serum. wish i could take it with me on the airplane though! my skin gets really dry when i'm flying.

on 12/11/2010 11:53:00 AM

I have to agree with the reviewer below.I only buy this because of the fine smell.Here in Greece for a 50ml bottle i spent 18 euro.I normally use it on my face,i would like this oil to give me a nice glow or a dewy finish with my make up-i had these kind of things when bought it-maybe my mistake for asking too much.But nothing happened.I really do not feel my combination skin on my face moisturised,and that should not happen since we are discussing about an oil,i suppose...i mean oils are supposed to be rich in moisturising factors...I tried it also on my body,nothing again.I feel nice when i use it,i really like the appearance of the bottle and the smell,but for me gives zero actuall results.