July 28, 2014 | 1168 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I'm giving this an average rating because I don't know how else to review it fairly. I had no idea this has snakey packaging! I'm scared of snakes and don't want to see the tube each time I use mascara so I am returning the product without using it.

Please change the packaging Tarte!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hated it. Made my lashes a tiny bit longer but got clumpy and they started to look spidery. No volume difference at all. I'll be going back to my Diorshow.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Lyra16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have gone through one entire tube of mascara and I am torn between loving it dearly and truly hating it. At first it was on the wetter side of a mascara. It gave me the look I wanted fast: naturally bold, accentuated and feathery eyelashes. I wish it came in dark brown so it could look more believable though. I was drawn to its friendly minimal ingredient list. Through the entire use it never once smudged during wear. It very rarely flaked (once or twice out of five 8-hour work days) and it was so minuscule I could only see it up-close in a mirror. No mascara I have tried has stayed so flawless. Now, the packaging is bulky. I cut off the packaging around the handle so I could apply the mascara more freely. The excess material is wasteful and useless and if anything it is in the way. The real downfall though, is that this lasted only one month of regular use. It started out wet and I had to apply carefully and lightly, yet I got the look I wanted fast. I loved that! A few days of use I slowly needed to use more and more coats as the product dried up. I will not spend C$25 every month on mascara. That's $300 a year on just mascara not including shipping where I live! If it lasted longer for its price and came in a dark brown then I might consider this. The cost and overall lasting power of the product is quite disappointing. The product is said to be a conditioning mascara yet I found it made my lashes feel rough/dry with and without mascara.

Add-on worth mentioning: The brush was harsh on my lashes it is not as soft as it looks. I find my eyelashes feel just as rough as the brush itself which may be a result of the second ingredient, alcohol.

I recently put some very warm water on the brush, twirled it around in the tube and left it for a bit. The product worked like it used to. If you were planning on tossing away the dried mascara, try this out... the first ingredient is water anyways.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

As my other mascara reviews have stated I like dramatic lashes. I read all the rave reviews and decided to try this mascara. I am not a fan of rubber bristles and I felt like it was a bit harsh on my lashes causing some fall out. This mascara was unimpressive in adding volume. It adds some length after a few applications but it leaves lashes looking sparse and spidery which is not my type of look. I like full thick voluminous lashes so this mascara is not for me. I would not repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't really like this mascara and yet I put down that I would purchase again. Why? Cute nifty purple packaging that people love. Can get in GWP size (have a friend who can get in bulk) and they are very popular in gift bags or as little extras.

I read the reviews and wanted to try this mascara. I am all for natural and just love Tarte. I eagerly opened one of my GWP sizes. I spent about 5 minutes brushing and brushing on clean lashes. They got a little more spidery and defined in that whole time. Just a LITTLE more. So, I decided to wear this out to the Dog Park (unseasonably warm day and humid) to check wearability.

I tried this again. Checked tube, product was moist (had only opened sealed tube previous day) I again spent about 5 minutes brushing my clean lashes with barely any results. This time I had an appointment to keep so I grabbed my HG Lancome Definicils and, in about 3 brushstrokes to each eye, I had long, voluminous lashes and I was out the door.

Good wearability. Lasted for 3 hours at Dog Park in fairly high humidity without running, smudging or streaking. Really great lasting power for a non-waterproof mascara. Now, I would give it 5 lippies for that if it just really legnthened or volumized. Sadly, in both areas, this mascara is truly underwhelming.

In this same price range, you can get either of two mascaras (at Sephora or Ulta) that are not waterproof but really volumize and lengthen. Plus I've put both to the Dog Park test and they did not run, smudge or streak. These are Smashbox Hyperlash and Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara.

So I give this 3 lippies for not smudging, running or streaking and for having a really cute tube. I cannot really recommend though because Lights Camera Lashes just did NOT lengthen or volumize my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a nice mascara! I got it as a free sample from Ulta. I like that it doesn't make my lashes pokey. Although, I am satisfied with using drugstore mascaras so I think I will stick with that. I will not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I got this mascara in the bestseller's set in the mini size. The packaging was really cute and the mascara was decent. I didn't have a problem with clumping or smudging. I didn't get a lot of volume from this mascara, but I'm more of a length than a volume girl. I wouldn't repurchase because It's pretty expensive and I like my Benefit mascara better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. My lashes look nice and full with this on. I feel it hold curl quite well. It doesn't clump or flake on me.

It is expensive though, which is probably why I'm unlikely buy it on its own. I have only had this as part of a kit. It is a good product but for something that I'm going to buy 3-4 times a year, I'm not sure if it is so amazing for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by margaritababe

I have short, thin, practically straight lashes and this mascara does wonders for me. It is really volumizing and lengthening also. I never tried it after curling my lashes because this mascara lengthens them enough at the tips to give a lifting illusion. I noticed I was able to build a better fringe of lashes when I apply this product slowly and carefully. It doesn't get clumpy overly easily. The only thing I didn't like about this product is the price and the tube kind of dries out quickly, but mascaras never last too long anyway. I've always used drug store mascaras until I tried this and I can't bring myself to consistently spend $20 on a mascara when the revlon grow luscious or loreal voluminous millions are less than half that and almost as good. I will repurchase eventually though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the sample size. As I applied the product, it stung my eyes and actually BURNED! I didn't even know mascaras could do all that. Still, since I needed to leave for work, I soldiered on. My eyes itched all day at work and even more when I removed the mascara. I also noticed that I lost several lashes, which is not normal for me.

I've never tried a mascara that stung and burned my eyes...until this one. Will not repurchase in any form.