April 21, 2014 | 1806 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by lizzylof

I am a mascara junkie - seriously. I have tried a jillion different mascaras. I have long lashes that are so blonde they are invisible and they are super fine (read: thin). When I look for a mascara I need something that adds a little length but really adds volume without clumps. I have had good luck with Dior Show and Maybelline Great Lash but nothing really made my heart sing until I tried out Tart Lights Camera Lashes.

LCL gives me super thick lashes with no clumping. It doesn't add a ton of length, just a little, making it perfect for the daytime. At night I use Dior Show Maximizer underneath and I swear my lashes look fake they are so big.

No rubbing off under my eyes, even though I am using the non-waterproof version. Excellent. I kind of hate the strange package that it comes in (funky faux-leather with large seams on the side), but that is just a personal choice, it doesn't impact the product at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I did not like the full sized version of this product, but OMG the mini size version does wonders for my lashes! Its like I am wearing falsies... will have to save for special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

I got a trial size of this mascara, and have read nothing but good things, so I was excited to try it.
I found that this mascara does a wonderful job of lengthening my lashes, but it doesn't give me very much volume. Not as much as I prefer anyways. It does apply very nicely, I had zero problems with clumps or flaking through the day, however it does take a bit of time to dry. This isn't a problem for me, but it may be if you have problems with smudging. I think that the dry time also makes it harder to build up more volume by applying multiple coats.
All in all, a good mascara, but I would not purchase the full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by dilam

when you first put it on it looks really nice and voluminous. It does not really add length, which i prefer. I usually curl my lashes, apply mascara and curl again, and my curl stays all day. but, this mascara does smudge a little under the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am back to using this mascara after trying out a few drugstore ones that never worked out too well. I am not sure why I ever strayed from this mascara but I must have had a case of memory loss because this stuff is good! My eyelashes are blonde, fairly straight and short but thick. I usually look for mascaras that will give me some length and curl. I like the brush of this mascara because it's smaller without being too thin and has enough bristles to get in your lashes and coat them evenly (something I need with my blonde lashes). Similarly, I can actually achieve some curl since the brush lets me get to the root of my lashes and lift. I found that the mascara makes my lashes look longer as well and does not smudge/flake throughout the day. I am a contact lens wearer with dry eye and this formula didn't irritate me whatsoever.
Lastly, the packaging is cute and stands out in your makeup bag. At $19, it is not cheap but honestly, not that more expensive that drugstore mascaras these days. Plus I like being able to know I can return the product to Sephora if some problem arises.
So...I've fallen back in love with Lights Camera Lashes!...so much so, that I actually bought a backup for once.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

This is on the drier side, which is something I enjoy. Keeps my lashes curled well and lasts all day. I like the size of the brush as well--dense but not too huge, so it's easy to maneuver and doesn't get stuff all over my lids (which are monolid). Gives okay volume and length, so it looks pretty good overall.

I can't justify the price, though, because it's nothing really spectacular.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm honestly in love with this mascara. I'm a HUGE mascara junkie, and have quite a collection. Lights Camera Lashes has reached the highest honor in my opinion. It's my go to mascara for special occasions and when I really want my lashes to look their absolute best. This gives the best false lash effect I've ever tried with a mascara. It's just...wow. Just try it, you'll understand. It holds a curl really well too, which is important, because curling your lashes after applying this really amps this mascara up to the next level. I know there are lots of Youtube reviews on Lights Camera Lashes, so I reccomend watching those to see what I'm talking about. Tarte continues to impress me with their mascaras!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by OhRandi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mascara EVER. I've used it for years. I use the non-waterproof one because I hate waterproof mascara in general. It does seem to dry out a little fast compared to a wetter mascara, so be sure you tighten the lid when you're done using it. I find that I get the best results halfway through the tube, after it dries out a bit (weird I know!). If it gets too dry, I just put a drop of eye drops in it and it's good to go again. I love that it's a very natural product, my lashes have grown a lot better since I've been using it. I'm not sure if that's just coincidence but in any case..

I always seem to come back to this mascara, no matter now many other brands I've tried. Plus the container is really cute. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by jekm2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great Mascara. I like it best with the Tarte Primer or The Dior one. I sometimes use it alone and it looks very natural and makes my lashes look crazy long but when I use the primer I get the volume too. It makes my lashes much stronger and I no longer get lashes falling out unless I use it with the Dior primer which pretty much makes all mascara hard to remove in my opinion. One of the things I like the best about it is that if I use it with the Tarte Primer or alone it comes off by just washing my face with my regular face wash and I don't have to use eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by pinkchopstix13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara makes my lashes look AMAZING! I have thick and dark lashes but they are short so I need a little help to make them stand out and this mascara does the job! It has decent staying power although sometimes I do see a little transference under my eyes at the end of the day but since it's not a waterproof version, this didn't really surprise me.