December 21, 2014 | 1898 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite everyday mascara. It gives a quick, natural look that holds curl and does not clump. Nothing dramatic or really volumizing, but enough to make my lashes look better. Doesn't flake or smudge on me, and comes off easily with my face wash. Also, no loss of lashes, and they feel soft even with it on. Not a huge fan of the packaging, and I prefer to use the sample tubes if I can find them, since it seems to dry out before I can use an entire tube of the full size. The price is a little much, especially if it dries out before I can finish it. Have repurchased, just because it is so easy and quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by BlueBabyDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample size using my sephora beauty insider points. I was skeptical about it at first because I've always stood by the fact that more costly does NOT equal better quality. Especially for things like eyeliner and mascara. But in this case, this mascara is worth the price.

Quick take:
Pros
-adds length AND some volume
-super black
-the bristles actually comb through my lashes, rather than brushing the freaking outside with no separation
- layers quite nicely (dont let it try between coats) on its own and with other mascaras
-no flakes

Cons
NONE :D

I've been using this for almost 2 weeks now and it hasn't failed on me so far. I'm quite sure I will be buying this when my mini runs out. Normally I pass on high end mascara right off the bat, but I think I might be skipping the drugstore ones from now on. LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this mascara!!! I rank it my HG mascara with a regular brush wand. It's a little on the dry side so it holds a curl well & doesn't flake or smudge. It works great in conjunction with Tarte's lash primer in the white, squared tube. It's easily removable with my DIY eyelash remover- water/baby oil/baby shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Llbrew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love! Love! Love! This is by far the best mascara I have found. I have tried many and given away many. This lengthens and gives volume in one coat without clumping. You have to be a bit more careful with multiple coats to avoid clumping but its still waaaay better than any other I have found. Packaging...eh, It could be a bit less cheesy but with this great of a product, who cares?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by JasmineBloom

My favorite mascara! :) Goes on great, looks amazing, doesn't clump easily (despite many coats) super worth the money. I liked it better than the Benefits Theyre Real mascara, mostly because the applicator felt so much nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by lauramb122

I adore this mascara! I think it holds a curl nicely (I use an eyelash curler before applying), gives your lashes volume and length, makes your lashes look soft, and it doesn't smudge or flake! I prefer most high end mascaras over drugstore mascaras because I think they hold curl better. This mascara is one of my favorites! Would highly recommend! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I go between loving and hating Tarte products. I love the blushes, hate the eye shadows. So I was kind of unsure what category this mascara was going to fall into. I have fine lashes and this was not much help for me. The first few times I used I was like wow this is horrible. I kept with it and sometimes it looked pretty good. The problem is some days it looked good and others days it looked like I did not even try with applying my mascara. I am not quite sure why, but this for me was an ok mascara. It was not ever something amazing and I do not believe the claims of how much volume it gives you. I would not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Nealy1365

This mascara to me is just okay. I received this in a set from Tarte and was excited to try it after so many glowing reviews on here and YouTube. Maybe I just hyped this mascara too much because it's just a decent mascara. I have naturally long lashes but this mascara just volumized my lashes. Now, this doesn't make this a bad mascara, but I just want a mascara that's lengthens and volumizes. I can fix this with a lengthening mascara but I don't usually like to do that, just because it takes some time. Overall, it's not horrible but I'm just not a huge fan.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by musicat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ULTA was having a sale on this mascara so I purchased it for only $10. I believe it retails for $18. The formula is prety dry, which is what I prefer. It makes my fine lashes thicker with some added length. I thought the black pigment could be a little more intense. I tend to use this mascara for my everyday look. If I'm going out I need something with a a little more oomph. It tends to flake after a few hours of wearing and it definitely doesn't last all day. Packaging was ok, seems like there isn't much in that skinny tube. Was worth the sale price but I won't be repurchasing. I will continue my hunt for the perfect mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I simply adore this mascara and I have tried virtually everything out there. I expect everything from my mascara including volume, curl, length, definition and it must be easy to remove and I have no intention of losing lashes. This did an amazing job in every category. Plus the brush makes it so easy to apply because I get zero clumps! It's also a drier formula so it is easy to build and it doesn't smudge. Also interestingly enough it didn't look dry or flakey all through the Canadian winter which was so impressive because most mascaras look so brittle after being out in the cold as I wait to catch a bus. I have even been asked if my lashes were real wearing this. I would give this product a 6/5 if I could. I found my HG when I never thought I would be monogamous.