October 25, 2014 | 1659 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Finishing Dust

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2006 6:42:00 PM More reviews by moopsmcphee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am undecided if this is needed.
I haven't noticed a difference if I'm wearing it or not, as my face doesn't look or act any differently if I wear it or not. However, if I don't sprtiz my face with water after using EM foundation, the finishing dust does seem to reduce the appearance of my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2006 12:29:00 PM More reviews by rhorner79

I prefer this to the BE mineral veil, as it controls oil MUCH more effectively. The fact that it's cheaper is just an added bonus! Some days I wear this alone over concealer, and when applied with a kabuki brush it provides just enough coverage. Still, it looks best (and works best) when worn over the EM foundations. I knocked off one point because this does have a tendency to get a bit chalky if you aren't careful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this in the Free Sample Kit and absolutely love it! It is light as air and just adds that finishing touch to your foundation. In fact, I love everything about the "Everyday Minerals" line...great products,
great prices and super fast service. Everyone should at least try the Free Sample Kit..I really think you'd love it! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2006 1:37:00 PM More reviews by yogafit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wasn't sure how I was going to like this stuff. It's much whiter than loose powders I normally use, so I was afraid of it looking cakey. I don't know how well it would work with liquid foundation, but with the mineral foundation, it works well. Does not go on white or cakey. I did have to buff it in really well, more than I would with regular powder, but it lasted all day on my oily skin. It definitely works better when you use a kabuki brush to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2006 11:03:00 PM More reviews by lycie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff!!! No chemicals, no preservatives and when I put it on over my minerals it adds a beautiful softening effect. The price is dirt cheap. This is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2006 6:42:00 PM More reviews by queenofdisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can wake up in the morning on days that I really need to hurry and just put a few dabs of my concealer on and dust the EM finishing powder on and VOILA! It really evens out the appearance of my skin and feels so lightweight. I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2006 3:34:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my new HG loose powder. I love the silky feel of it on my skin, it blends well and is very fine so it doesn't cake up on me. My skin feels great and smooth all day long, and I don't really need to reapply. I have combination skin (dry in cheeks, oily on forehead and nose) and this formula is very gentle--no breakouts. Definite repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2006 5:07:00 PM More reviews by katepoo

This is fairly good as far as finishing powders go. It doesn't control oil that well though- I have to reapply it after an hour. So I tried putting extra on in the morning to make it last longer (I know, I'm an idiot) and It looked cakey and gross. And it didn't last any longer:S
So then I tried putting it on before my foundation and then again over. That didn't help either really
So I'm not entirely sure why I gave this such a high rating. Seeing as it doesn't really work for me.
To be fair, if you have normal skin, this will probably work for you. But if you suffer from excessive oil, it probably won't make much of a difference.
EDIT***Turns out I'm allergic to cornstarch or something- this stuff is giving me weird bumps.Changed the rating to a 2. I really want to try Carina's new balancing dust though, and see if it's any better continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2006 9:25:00 AM More reviews by kelly0706

I love this product. I have combination skin and am always having to reapply powder on my t-zone. I hardly ever have to reapply,(if at all) with this powder. It blends into my skin and looks great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2006 1:28:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

I really, really, really like this stuff. It very nearly rivals my beloved Jurlique Silk Dust in terms of effective mattifying and as a finishing powder.

I use this on top of my Everyday Minerals MMU. Being that it's mostly cornstarch, it has a wonderfully fine, silky texture and offers a soft veil of powder rather than that overly made-up chalky look. It smoothes everything out and controls my oilies pretty darned well (at least, until mid-afternoon when I need to blot, but even then it doesn't look too bad). I do have combination skin and it's Fall now, so perhaps this stuff won't hold up as well in the hot, humid summer. I especially like that this doesn't pale me out (despite its appearance in the tub) because of the extremely fine texture and light coverage. Plus, it's completely natural and free of weird ingredients and it's pretty inexpensive to boot. Definite repurchase.