Estee Lauder DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15

3.6

OCTINOXATE 7.50%; OCTISALATE 5.00%; AVOBENZONE 2.00%; WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED; PETROLATUM; CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/MYRISTIC/STEARIC TRIGLYCERIDE; BUTYLENE GLYCOL; DI-C12-15 ALKYL FUMARATE; CETYL RICINOLEATE; DIMETHICONE; OCTYLDODECYL MYRISTATE; STEARETH-2; STEARETH-21; BEHENYL ALCOHOL; PENTYLENE GLYCOL; STEARYL ALCOHOL; ASPALATHUS LINEARIS (RED TEA) LEAF; EXTRACT; CAMELLIA SINENSIS (WHITE TEA) LEAF EXTRACT; COFFEA ARABICA; (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT; POLYGONUM CUSPIDATUM ROOT EXTRACT; TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT; BETULA ALBA (BIRCH) BARK EXTRACT; LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT; HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT; SACCHAROMYCES LYSATE EXTRACT; ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) EXTRACT; VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT ETHYLBISIMINOMETHYLGUAIACOL; MANGANESE CHLORIDE; CHOLESTEROL; PHOSPHOLIPIDS; MALTODEXTRIN; ASCORBYL TOCOPHERYL MALEATE; CYCLODEXTRIN; SODIUM HYALURONATE; TREHALOSE; NORDIHYDROGUAIARETIC ACID; PALMITOYL HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM; AMYLOPECTIN/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER; PANTETHINE; LINOLENIC ACID; ORYZANOL; LECITHIN; LINOLEIC ACID; GLYCERIN; SODIUM PCA; UREA; SUCROSE; CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE; BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER); POLYETHYLENE; SQUALANE; CYCLOPENTASILOXANE; HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE; LAURYL LAURATE; CETYL PALMITATE; SODIUM CARBOMER; PVP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER; POLYQUATERNIUM-51; TROMETHAMINE; CARBOMER; FRAGRANCE (PARFUM); LINALOOL; BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL; HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE; BENZYL SALICYLATE; DISODIUM EDTA; BENZYL ALCOHOL; POTASSIUM SORBATE; BENZOIC ACID; CHLORPHENESIN; PHENOXYETHANOL; METHYLPARABEN; ETHYLPARABEN; PROPYLPARABEN; BUTYLPARABEN; ISOBUTYLPARABEN; ISOPROPYLPARABEN; YELLOW 5 (CI 19140); BLUE 1 (CI 42090); CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI77289)

on 1/21/2008 10:52:00 PM

I have had such a hard time finding a moisturizer that does not cause me to break out. I have roscea w/ sensitive combination skin and a T-Zone full of blackheads if I don't follow my strict routine of cleansing, salicylic acid 2 % (no alcohol), & finecea twice daily. The DayWear Plus SPF 15 Lotion is the only moisturizer or sunscreen product I have found that works w/o break outs after a full 10 HR work day, wearing makeup.
The DayWear Plus SPF 15 is a miracle for me b/c I get a moisturizer and a sunscreen in ONE product. The price is a bit high but I usually buy when they give the free gifts, so I have extra small gifts to give at B-days & X-mas. I give up on trying to use 2 diff products b/c I will break out.
DayWear Plus Cream SPF15 for combo skin works for me in the winter or at nite.
DayWear Plus SPF 30 causes breakouts for me.

I tried Aveeno, Purpose, EL Hydration, EL Idealist, EL Perfectionist, Clarins--nothing is really made for oily skin, Lancome- also nothing for oily skin, Neutrogena- only 1 sunscreen is o.k. can't use it w/ makeup, Kinerase, Clinique, Orgins, Cosmedicine, Juice Beauty, Prescriptives, Cellex-C, Skinceuticals, Perricone, Philosophy( the entire regime wash to treat--It was the worse of them all), Jansen-Beckett- blackhead nightmare, Eucirin calming lotions & SPF-maybe for dry skin, DDF-ultra lite, Dermologica, & yes the list goes on.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I just bought this yesterday and I used it last night and I have to say I'm very impressed. I have the lotion spf 15 for oily skin. I dont have oily skin, but I like the consistency of the product. Its lite and goes on smooth and sinks in pretty quickly. Now tomorrow I'm going to try my Advanced Night Repair. I bought that at the same time yesterday. As far as I can tell for now this is a definite repurchase for me. I'll update of course if I change my tune.

(oh and no breakouts from this new lotion which is awesome)

UPDATE: 1/2/2008
I've returned this to the EL counter & exchanged it for the Lotion for Norm/Combo skin. This one isnt Mosit. enough. I have to apply it twice during the day (once in the morning & one other time) and that can get expensive esp. if it is used at night over the ANR. Its a great product and I'd recommend it to any one wanting light coverage. Maybe I'll try it again during the summer.

on 12/13/2007 11:12:00 PM

This is a typical EL cream moisturizer: not well balanced between oil and water, a little bit oily, but does not keep skin moisturized. My skin feels dry and oily after using it.

This used to be my favorite moisturizer! I still like it, but I am always trying out new things. This one has a nice scent and makes my skin soft and lasts all day. And the price is good for the quality.

on 12/3/2007 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My skin type is normal/dry. I have been used this moisturizer for 5 years. I really like it, especially in winter. I strongly recommend you to use it when your are normal to dry skin.

on 12/3/2007 12:38:00 AM

I was given a sample of this via recommendation of an SA at the Estée Lauder counter because I was trying out different moisturizers at the time and this pretty much did NOTHING! Originally I'd tried the Normal/Oily Combination one and it didn't moisturize at all, it just sat atop my skin and stayed there because it wouldn't absorb into my skin. I went back to the counter to find recommendation for another moisturizer, and the new SA recommended that I get this product in the Dry formula, needless to say, when I got home I was skeptical because it was pretty much the exact same product. I tried it again, and this time it sort of moisturized, but it still didn't really mositurize enough to get all the dry skin to go away. So in the end, I ended up returning this product and switched to Lancome where I found my HG moisturizer. I gave this product an extra lippy only because I liked the scent and the container it came in (it's a sort of mint-colored jar). =P

on 10/27/2007 6:53:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!

on 10/21/2007 11:55:00 AM

Usually I hate fragrance in my skincare. But for this I make an acception. I love the smell! It smells so clean and fresh, kinda like cucumber. It's like a spa smell. I really like it! It's really hard for me to like moisterizers with sunscreen in it, but this is the only one I've used that has not broken me out. So is it really so bad to dig a little deeper into your pockets to get it??? I don't think so. I just visited an outlet mall where they sell it at a discount! Estee Lauder recently changed the packaging for Day Wear, so they sent the ones in the old package to the outlet, It's really luxurious! If you have oily skin, do not use this, instead try Peter Thomas Roth sunscreen products. PTR is the only other sunscreen I can use that dosen't clog my pores. Lancome, Loreal, Neutrogena, Prescriptives... all of them broke me out, I was really disappointed with Clinique's Super Defense, but thats another review...

on 10/4/2007 7:03:00 PM

I do really like this classic. It's full of antioxidants which are so important for keeping wrinles/aging at bay. EL must have had great technology or a crystal ball when they created this product, because other companies are just catching up with the knowledge of all the benefits of antioxidants. I like the way this absorbs quickly into my skin, that way I don't have to wait forever to apply makeup. I know women who have used this for years, and they are up in age, but they look fantastic with skin that looks poreless. The price is high, but a container of this will last a long, long time.

on 8/7/2007 10:41:00 AM

A nice moisturizer with a gentle sunscreen in it, but too greasy for my combination skin. My skin did look better with it, but after a few hours my t-zone was slick and oily even with Idealist underneath it. Too bad, really wanted to love this.