October 24, 2014 | 1763 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by lacie87

After seeing this facewash recommended for my skin type (OSNW or DSNW, depending on the locale and season), I was very interested to try a face wash that wasn't for acne. This has been my go-to facewash for about 4 years now. I live in Montana now, and since it's so dry up here, my face feels dry and tight after using it. When I lived in East Texas however, my face felt very well moisturized after using this cleanser. It never really breaks me out, but I will say that it doesn't do a very good job at giving me a good deep clean.

All-in-all, this product is very good for sensitive skin that reacts with acne. It's a good daily cleanser that won't cause new acne flairups.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

A fantastic product! I loved the foam (gave me an excuse to give myself a bubble beard in the shower ^^) and the fact that it was very nice and light. A great summer cleanser, but I continued using it in the winter and it didn't dry out my skin like most foams do! And it did calm down my breakouts, which have a tendency to get very red and stick out like sore thumbs on my pale skin. A great product to buy if you want a squeaky clean face at the end of the day. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh. My mom gave me this since it didn't work for her skin, and I'm not impressed with it. I don't really like that it comes out in a foam; I never know how much to use, and it never feels like enough. I also feel like I've got a bit of a film on my face no matter how much I rinse. If I actually paid for it I probably would be seriously ranting, but since I didn't I'm not. I'm going to hang on to it for those times when my skin is sensitized (which doesn't happen infrequently) and see if I like it more then.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by juan54juan

Been using this for a few days only. Impressed! It took off all my makeup with just one wash without a makeup remover (granted my foundation is medium-to-light coverage only, but it took off all my mascara too!). I'm used to using an oil-based make-up remover (DHC) followed by a foaming cleanser (Jurlique), so I could not believe it when I washed my face with this once and it felt clean enough not to do it again!! Then I checked by wiping my face and eyes with a toner wipe and found no residue whatsoever. Man, the time money I could've saved had I found this earlier... BTW great foaming dispenser and I didn't notice any scent. Last night I followed this up with an asprin (well, disprin) scrub, rinsed it off and then fell in love with myself when I touched my face. I stood there holding my face for like a good 5 minutes. My skin felt so... young!! It was just so smooth and bouncy I can't explain... forget botox - get this facewash (and some asprin).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by busyatdizzy

Dries out my sensitive skin and leaves it feeling tight and unpleasant which is surprising for a product that has no soap in it and comes from Aveeno. But I definitely won't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Everytime I try this cleanser it clogges my pores all over really badly. I even got a red inflamed rash from it on my upper cheeks, which was a nightmare. Plus, it is actually drying, contains parabens, and the pump gets stuck after only 2 uses. I will never ever use this product again! If you have sensitive or acne prone skin, stay away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by ericaurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite nighttime cleanser. I use this after I remove my makeup, just so I make sure it works right on my skin & not depend on it to remove my makeup. Leaves my skin smooth & love that it reduces redness because by the end of the day, after any icky dirt or oil buildup I might get during the day irritates my skin. With that said, I do have oily skin & always have. However, this cleanser doesn't dry my skin out or give such a dramatic difference. I will always be oily (gross, I know).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by theparsley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This made my face a flake factory!

I was looking for the cream version of this cleanser after reading Dr. Baumann's book, but it has apparently been discontinued. I decided to get this instead. It dried me out terribly. I got massive flakes beside my nose and on my cheeks. Then I broke out. I am not sure if the cleanser broke me out or if it was from the massive amount of moisturizer I had to heap on as a result of using it.

On the positive side, it didn't burn or irritate my skin (I was a little itchy, but only because I was so dry). The smell wasn't too bad; not too strong. Since I hate to throw things away, I might try this again in the summer ONLY if I become noticeably oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I used to use this in high school, it didnt make me red since i looked into getting it because i was redness prone, and it didnt make me dry. I would keep using it but ive moved on to better things. great product though..
*** i should mention they used to sell a tube of this, it was a cream cleanser i LOVEEEEEDD that. i was so sad when it got discontinued:( i can't find it anymore

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by cassielynn24

i use this in the winter because i tend to get red and a little dry and im really liking it! i use it at night after i remove my eye makeup and it leaves my skin clean, fresh and no tight or dry feeling. i havent seen a ton of skin improvment but my skin is pretty clear and normal right now ( thank god, it took a lot of work from Bioelements) but my redness is a bit less and i havnt broken out from it, and i get bad breakouts on my chin and jawline.