April 20, 2014 | 1331 users online

Blush - NARS - Orgasm Blush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by charmedbella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this blush for years. It is really beautiful and absolutely makes me glow. I have people all the time ask me what I use to get this glow. I also sweep a little of the blush on the edge of my forehead above my temples to really give me an all-over radiance. It's not too much, but is totally stunning and natural looking.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by cutiepolish24

The brand Nars is a company that has been placed in a pedestal specially for this blush. The blush itself is nice in the pan, but on my skin just gives a nice sheen for a couple hours, after that it disappears. I wish it could show better and make my money worth because $29 for a blush is very pricey. It has a lot of potential but is just not there ... Nice try Nars and thanks for making me waste my hard earn money just because you made it look nice in the pan!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

I agree with the last two reviews. I almost wonder if people buy this stuff because of the ridiculous name lol I swatched it in the store and was not impressed at all. I'll stick to the stuff I don't have to hock my car for (no orgasm in that) and anything minus the pixie dust ;-) I really love WnW Mellow Wine and it was only $3.00

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I want the NARS Orgasm blush I hear/read everyone talking about (for years...the hype is never ending!) I want the sheer, the glow, the flush. I had this blush and on me (cool, pale) it is straight up orange! The "shimmer" while not glittery on me is so intense it looks metallic. I thought for sure I must have purchased a dud since what I was seeing did not correspond with all of the rave reviews. I visited several NARS counters and swatched Orgasm over and over but always with the same results...orange and metallic. Would have been a great '80's color, but not the look I'm going for these days! C'est la vie...yet another bandwagon I don't want to be on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was astonished by just how many people online INSISTED that this blush was their HG. I heard claims of this magical peach blush which had a pretty shimmer and somehow flattered all skintones, and everyone insisted that it made their face just look soooooo much better.

So I caved and bought it. I mean, how could you not with praise like that, right? and unfortunately, as happened a lot to me when I was first venturing into makeup, when the product disappointed me I stubbornly believed I must have used it wrong, and didn't return it while I had the chance. Alack, alas.

This sounds a bit negative, and I don't mean it to be entirely. This blush is pretty enough. It's incredibly sheer, which I know because I have to use concealer to make my rosacea disappear before I even get to blush, which leaves me with a very flat, non red surface to build off of. So I have to use more blush than usual with this. I also have no idea why anyone claims this blush would work on ALL skintones, I'm a PPP and I can imagine this working on pale-medium skins at best. The glitter in this is really not a shimmer at all...you can actually see it sitting on your face, looking like you've been playing in a little kids art class all day. That being said, the colour you get IS pretty...but I just don't think this blush is worth almost 30 dollars. Especially not with so many dupes out now, without the giant glitter.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by hellootomorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tried this blush out in Sephora after reading so many amazing reviews that this is a "universal" blush. To be quite frank, this blush is not for women of color. I am considered "light skinned" and this blush still did not show on my skin. If you are brown skinned or chocolate, definitely skip this blush. For all my women of color, steer clear of this blush. It is not for us!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by lipstickthespian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For years I never wore blush because I thought it never looked good on my fair skin. After hearing about the hype of Orgasm for so long I decided to give it ago. I don't wear it everyday, but it is a fool proof shade for cool and warm skin tones. Sometimes I use a bit as eyeshadow too. Gives a nice warm flush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The shimmer and blush is great.

This just has way too much hype for the price. I will not rebuy. I can get the same thing for far cheaper on another brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by carlablack

Formula:

The color's good. It's a fool-proof shade that matched my skin well. If this blush was matte it'd be my HG blush, but no. I'm not a fan of that golden shimmer. Not only you need to have perfectly flawless skin to pull it off, i also couldn't use it as a day blush because it looked overdone.

Packaging:

Okay, i have serious issues with NARS compact powders. They break at the slightest touch. I dropped my clinique powder on marble floor two times and there's not a single crack. This one broke inside my bag just sitting there.

I tried to fix it by adding alcohol to make a paste & remold into the pan, but for some reason the paste leaked magenta colored fluid (what the-?) staining my fingers and everywhere it touched. After it was dried I tried to apply it but to my surprise, the whole hardened paste fell on the ground. That moment i vowed to never purchase a compact powder from NARS again.

I will def not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I have found that this product dosen't work on many skin tones, I do like it on myself. It isn't a very strong color so it allows you to layer for a deeper color if you so choose and therefore gives you control. It's a nice golden color on me but I have found it a bit too orange on others. Another product that I have found as a substitute when this product is a little too orange on someone is Guerlain's terracota. I use Guerlain's moisturizing bronzing powder in No.1. It gives your cheeks a healthy sun-kissed glow and comes in a variety of shades so that you can find the one that's right for you.