April 19, 2014 | 1774 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by monicaandree

I got this as part of a gift set that Clinique is currently selling that includes a full size jar of this with smaller sized jars of All About Eyes Rich and the extended relief version of this. Here are my pros and cons:

PROS
silky feel
a little goes a LONG way
little to no scent
sinks in quickly

CONS
jar - not sanitary
not heavily moisturizing - not a good choice for a night cream, which what I thought it was when I purchased the set.

Now, after reading some of the other reviews on this product I admit I am a bit confused. It seems that this is intended to be a "drink" for skin, rather than an actual moisturizer? I'm not entirely sure that I know what that means, but the marketing is quite deceptive if that is the case. I mean, hel-lo, it's called "moisture surge"!

That said, my skin is prone to oiliness, so I haven't found this to be too problematic, but it seems like the gift set, and the product itself, is marketed as a solution for dry skin, so.....not cool if this is not an actual moisturizing cream.

IMO, I am not going to re-purchase a cream with an identify crisis, especially at the price point. I can also say that I actually like the extended relief version of this better than the original, and wish that I had a full size jar of that instead of this. However, there are enough high quality drugstore products that clearly define their purpose that I won't be spending any more money on this line once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the best moisturizers I've ever used. It hydrates my skin completely and it never gets greasy. My skin is really soft and radiant since I've starded using it. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Marywanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like it. I've got the skin dryer than the Sahara desert and my skin likes this stuff patted into it while it's still damp, right before foundation application. I use this stuff in the cooler months and the gel kinda one in the summer. I like em, don't love em. Would I repurchase? Yeah, I probably would.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by greenteapixie

Needed something for a bit of hydration when I was browsing through sasa.com (I love asian skincare). Saw this from clinique, as well as the 'all about eyes' eyecream so I decided to purchase it after reading mostly positive reviews. I think that it does add some hydration to your skin (not sure if I'm applying it right but I'm applying before moisturiser?) but for some reason, when i apply my moisturiser (aveeno daily moisturising lotion) it peels off?! That surely doesn't happen with aveeno alone, so I thought it must've been this product.
It's really weird though because I've never seen this happen with any other product before (shouldn't matter if i apply before or after moisturiser?!). Maybe it was a faulty batch or something but I sure am not buying this again considering it pretty much just comes off after application, and yes I do exfoliate properly! Not worth the price, IMO. Might try the dramatically different gel next but it's not looking good, Clinique :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by KacieLuebke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a must! Ever since I discovered it two years ago it has been my go to moisturizer. It's pretty expensive compared to any of the ones I used before (~$50) but it's worth every penny. I have normal/dry skin with no acne and it just soaks it right up. Any other moisturizers leave my skin oily and greasy for hours but this one is amazing. It's a super light gel texture and will work for any skin type! I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by k0m0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Moisture Surge! My sister introduced it to me three years ago and I've been using it since. The larger jar (gotta be GEL) at $50 usually lasts me half a year. I have combo skin so I only need a small amount for moisturizer.

The gel has the right amount of scent - I don't like the SPF or fragrance smell at all. They seriously make me gag but this very, very light scent is just right. The gel also glides on really well and a little bit does go a long way. It's not oily at all, but smooth and silky.

Try it, you will love it. Just as much as I have, do, and will continue to do so. Hrms, that reminds me - I need to put it on my wishlist again this Christmas.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jenley143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG moisturizer. I have sensitive, acne prone combination skin, and this never breaks me out. A little does go a long way - I use it everyday and the smaller jar usually lasts me about 3 to 4 months. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's in a jar rather than a pump...so be careful about how long you leave the jar open.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A little bit of this product goes a very long way. I have oily skin, and this was surprisingly good for it. It didn't make me too oily and it went on very smoothly and absorbed quickly. My sister, who has dry skin, uses this everyday as well. In general, I think it's a good moisturizer for anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Pyretta5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've always had a jar of this on my dresser since getting turned onto it a few years ago...it's def. a staple in my skin care arsenal.

While what one person said is true, the hydrating effects don't seem to last very long to me either, but it's a nice, lightweight gel that is perfect for freshening up your face a bit when you don't want to use a heavier moisturizer. It may be perfect as a regular daily moisturizer for those that don't lean towards dry skin.

It's also good for when you're having one of those days where you went a bit too heavy with the powder. Just rub a small bit of this in your fingers a dab it here and there on your face...over-powdered look is gone and you have a nice, healthy look (not greasy!).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

I have been using this moisture gel for almost two years now. A friend of mine who battles oily skin recommended I try it after discovering it at her place one day. My skin tends to border on oily to normal. Since using this moisture surge, my skin has become much more balanced. My skin is not oily nor dry but feels...well, like I said - balanced. It looks balanced. No blotchy skin around my mouth or nose. it's a change after using other harsh products that promised to moisture over the years. i use this after washing with Yes to Cucumbers Gentle Cleansing Gel, which is amazing. Using to two together has my very sensitive skin flawless. I rarely wake up with a blemish. Recently i ran out of this stuff and used a cheaper moisture gel I had found at a Marshall's. Since using that, my skin had developed some flesh colored bumps along my jawline near my mouth. It didn't matter what I used, the bumps would not go away. I finally was able to conjure up the cash to go out and buy another Clinique Moisture Surge and just like clockwork -- bumps are gone. Skin is back to being totally clear. I have a completely smooth and flawless face again. Next time, price or not, I'm running out to re-stock on this baby. MY HG MOISTURIZER.