December 19, 2014 | 885 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2006 9:19:00 PM More reviews by YourSweetFantasy

I am still on the fence about this product. I have it in 115 Natural Ivory. It is ok, except I notice that when I put it on my chin it sort of settles and doesn't rub in very well. I have some acne on my chin. It doesn't give much coverage either.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 9:05:00 PM More reviews by yumino

I bought this to use after I work out over the lunch hour--it is perfect for this purpose. I use Ivory, and I was a bit scared to go with CG because of bad experiences in colors before, but I swear this looks better than any Prescriptives/EL match I've ever gotten. Super quick app, seems like it has good lasting power (on my extremely combo skin), and amazingly natural coverage while still providing good coverage! I have acne prone skin, but haven't had any of the problems similarly situated users cite.

Downsides: packaging. This is a very big compact IMO. Also, a bit more matte than I would pick.

Would also rec replacing the sponge AT LEAST once every two weeks--gets nasty quick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2006 12:40:00 PM More reviews by kermie70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So this sits at the bottom of my makeup drawer, but every once in a while -- photographs usually it comes out and I look flawless. I tried Aquasmooth and didn't like it. I was suckered into a sale at Target, and it wa $5.00. At first I was ready to throw it out--too many flakes on my dry skin. Someone told me moisturize well, and wet the sponge. A wet sponge makes a huge difference in application for a dry skin user. Give it a try, it will be work it. I use 105 ivory, and it is not too yellow for my ppp skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2006 7:37:00 PM More reviews by hepgal13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yet another product I have a love/ hate relationship with.... I adore the way it looks on, and I have never been able to use a creme or creme to powder formula without feeling like I've got a skin covering layer that will require a jackhammer to remove. It blends beautifull, and you look healthy, radiant, slightly suedy rather than all out dewy ( which is my prefered finish, anyway). But.. I can only use it maybe once or twice a week, with heavy doses of zit-fighters in between. It clogs my pores in a heartbeat... However, I love the finish enough to carefully stratgize what days I need to look my best, so those will be my Advanced Radiance days... The rest I'm back to good old Jane Iredale Pure Pressed with a layer of Clean & Clear underneath....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2006 12:48:00 AM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I needed a compact foundation and I love Olay skincare, so I thought I would try this. I was a little put off spending $10 for drugstore foundation, but I put that aside. I really like the way it feels on my skin, but I wish the coverage was a little better. It doesn't really look "radiant" or anything either. It's OK, and I might buy it again, but I will probably try anoyther compact foundation since I have never tried one before and really like the concept.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started with CoverGirl's Aquasmooth foundation, which I LOVED. It was my HG foundation. Then they came out with the Radiance, in that same type packaging as the Aquasmooth, so I figured I'd try it out. OMG! This is even BETTER than Aquasmooth, if you a more "mature" MUA'er. It contains Oil of Olay booster ingredients, and offers excellent coverage. I cannot say enough about this foundation. It evens my skin tone, I don't need an extra concealer. I've turned many of my co-workers on to it and they all rave about it. Go spend the $10 at Wal-Mart to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2006 2:19:00 AM More reviews by JenelleInCal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably one of the best foundations I have ever bought. RhondaNY referred me to this site and also to this foundation. It is awesome. It goes on very light, but still covers amazing. You can't tell you have makeup on, yet it covers up all the blemishes and uneven tones on your face. I am definitely buying this again. I think I have finally found a foundation that is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2006 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccanne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh I love this stuff. Been wearing it for a week now.
What I love is how the coverage DOES cover but is very very light, so you cannot tell it is on.

It doesnt seem to be drying at all. Very smooth on and very light feeling.

I got the 110 Ivory color and it's great for my fair skin.

I also like how not a lot comes out on your hand when you give it one pump,unlike a couple of others I had, where a GOB of it came out each time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am 41 years old and a total makeup snob but I could no longer resist Christy Brinkley's airbrushed face on the display of this product. I caved and bought it just out of sheer curiosity. I have really good skin and foundation and not an absolute neccesity for me but I am finding that something to even my skin tone out a bit and get rid of blotches is needed lately. I found that this was a nice fairly sheer foundation with lots of slip, a cream to powder consistency with a matte finish. I normally do not like matte finishes but this is kind of almost in between matte and slightly satin. I'm calling it matte here though because it is closer to that. Exfoliating before wearing was an absolute neccesity or every little dry patch would come screaming to the surface with this but after exfoliation this was a very nice product. It looked darker in the pan than it was on the skin. I am an NW20 and I picked this up in 110, classic ivory. Snob that I am, I judge a d/s foundation by... would I wear this if I was broke or on vacation and forgot my regular high end one??..the answer is yes for this product. Not only would I wear it under these circumstances, I have worn this lately because it is a wonderful product in it's own right. And cheap to boot! Pleasant suprise and worth giving a shot if you are looking for sheer to medium coverage that wears well and needs no touch ups throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2005 3:51:00 AM More reviews by erikalakazam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many, many expensive foundations for my problem skin. I am 38 years old and suffer from monthly cyctic acne breakouts and at any given time my complexion may be covered with oil or flaking from dryness........sometimes both at the same time.

For several years I had used bare escentuals mineral foundation, then switched to dermologica when I began using their skincare (sensitive line instead of acne line - working fantastically so far). Never really happy with either foundation, or the time it took to do my makeup, I bought this while wandering through the Wal-Mart one day. It was a bit tough to get perfect coverage until I sprayed the sponge with my dermologica toner before applying (water might work just as well). After that, the coverage is fantastic and perfectly smooth, takes only two seconds to apply (awesome!), and no need for powder to set the make-up (makes it even faster)! I still use my b.e. warmth, some of the eyeshadows, physicians formula eyeliner, and Diorshow mascara.

This is by far my favorite foundation ever. I've even converted two of my friends from their expensive brands to this Cover Girl after they complimented how nice my face looked. The only con is that the compact is just too big. It feels cheap and takes up too much space if you want to take it in your purse. On the plus side, this sets so nicely that I really haven't had to do touch-ups so I guess it can stay at home in the drawer!