April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2006 2:19:00 AM More reviews by JenelleInCal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably one of the best foundations I have ever bought. RhondaNY referred me to this site and also to this foundation. It is awesome. It goes on very light, but still covers amazing. You can't tell you have makeup on, yet it covers up all the blemishes and uneven tones on your face. I am definitely buying this again. I think I have finally found a foundation that is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2006 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccanne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh I love this stuff. Been wearing it for a week now.
What I love is how the coverage DOES cover but is very very light, so you cannot tell it is on.

It doesnt seem to be drying at all. Very smooth on and very light feeling.

I got the 110 Ivory color and it's great for my fair skin.

I also like how not a lot comes out on your hand when you give it one pump,unlike a couple of others I had, where a GOB of it came out each time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am 41 years old and a total makeup snob but I could no longer resist Christy Brinkley's airbrushed face on the display of this product. I caved and bought it just out of sheer curiosity. I have really good skin and foundation and not an absolute neccesity for me but I am finding that something to even my skin tone out a bit and get rid of blotches is needed lately. I found that this was a nice fairly sheer foundation with lots of slip, a cream to powder consistency with a matte finish. I normally do not like matte finishes but this is kind of almost in between matte and slightly satin. I'm calling it matte here though because it is closer to that. Exfoliating before wearing was an absolute neccesity or every little dry patch would come screaming to the surface with this but after exfoliation this was a very nice product. It looked darker in the pan than it was on the skin. I am an NW20 and I picked this up in 110, classic ivory. Snob that I am, I judge a d/s foundation by... would I wear this if I was broke or on vacation and forgot my regular high end one??..the answer is yes for this product. Not only would I wear it under these circumstances, I have worn this lately because it is a wonderful product in it's own right. And cheap to boot! Pleasant suprise and worth giving a shot if you are looking for sheer to medium coverage that wears well and needs no touch ups throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2005 3:51:00 AM More reviews by erikalakazam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many, many expensive foundations for my problem skin. I am 38 years old and suffer from monthly cyctic acne breakouts and at any given time my complexion may be covered with oil or flaking from dryness........sometimes both at the same time.

For several years I had used bare escentuals mineral foundation, then switched to dermologica when I began using their skincare (sensitive line instead of acne line - working fantastically so far). Never really happy with either foundation, or the time it took to do my makeup, I bought this while wandering through the Wal-Mart one day. It was a bit tough to get perfect coverage until I sprayed the sponge with my dermologica toner before applying (water might work just as well). After that, the coverage is fantastic and perfectly smooth, takes only two seconds to apply (awesome!), and no need for powder to set the make-up (makes it even faster)! I still use my b.e. warmth, some of the eyeshadows, physicians formula eyeliner, and Diorshow mascara.

This is by far my favorite foundation ever. I've even converted two of my friends from their expensive brands to this Cover Girl after they complimented how nice my face looked. The only con is that the compact is just too big. It feels cheap and takes up too much space if you want to take it in your purse. On the plus side, this sets so nicely that I really haven't had to do touch-ups so I guess it can stay at home in the drawer!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by circe2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This looked terrible on my skin. It did not set evenly, and looked streaky. Also, it made my combinatiuon skin break out terribly!! yuck.. back to bobbi brown for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2005 1:10:00 PM More reviews by katrink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this the other day at Albertsons for free because it rang up at the wrong price and I can honestly say I would spend the money for it. I got soft honey and it is a perfect match for my skin. It does not get dry or cakey looking at all, and for this old, wrinkly and blotchy skin that is a big plus. I don't have a problem with breakouts so that will probably not be an issue for me at all. It stayed on all day and came off easily with a baby wipe. I would recommend this product for anyone with normal skin, I don't think it would be too good for extremely dry or oily skin. The coverage is great not to heavy and not too light.
I guess I can say its almost perfect.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2005 1:37:00 PM More reviews by shaiutto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! I was using AquaSmooth and liking it, but I have very dry skin and this is working better for me. It also gives you a little more time to move it around before it sets. I use it with the MAC foundation brush, and it can be applied very quickly that way. The color I'm using is Creamy Natural and I'm happy with it. Before you go buy this, I would recommend going to Cover Girl's website and looking at the available colors. Then pick one they have marked "neutral". Then it won't end up being too pink or orange.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ut88keys

Ok well first of all I have dry mddle-aged skin and need a water-based product...I have tried alot of expensive products and the girl at the Walgreens said this one was new and good..I never have used covergirl products but use L'Oreal if im going cheap. I got the classic ivory as Im a 200 series color..Up front this product has SLIP- major slip!! and I was concerned at first ..but wow does it go on fast!! And I can use a little for a sheer look and apply more for a full coverage.Then I pat it down in the t-zone with a light coat of powder.I use it for everyday and it keeps your skin from dryout (age-defying if you will )It's as good as some more expensive brands IMO

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2005 11:22:00 AM More reviews by countrycats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been using the Aquasmooth which I liked but wasnt 100percent happy with the color match..I had to tone down the pink with a green powder..
I tried this in the same Ivory shade and I think I found my HG..
NO pink in this at all and the texture is lighter,sheerer..
My complaint is the packaging is too bulky and the sponge is useless..I use a wedge sponge.. but I can live with that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2005 3:15:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

After reading the reviews on MUA, I decided to give this a shot because I am a fan of the Aquasmooth foundations. The color I got was Classic Ivory, and it was on sale at Target for 50% off, so I got it at $4.94, which I thought was worth it. The application, I found, was a bit difficult. I used my MAC foundation brush #190, and this foundation was kind of hard to blend in because it was so slippery. I kind of felt like I was just wiping stuff onto my face, rather than having it melt into my face. I didn't use that much product, either. When it finally did set, it was quite matte, similar to the Aquasmooth. I was expecting it to have a creamier/dewier finish, but it didn't. I wouldn't buy this product again... I think if I were to try and achieve the same effect, I would get the Aquasmooth, which at least has SPF 15.