December 19, 2014 | 1478 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beautiful

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Amary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been trying to figure out what this fragrance was for YEARS. I had a boss that wore it, and I would sometimes trail behind her just to bask in her sillage. I never asked what she wore, though.

Several times in the years since then, I have caught a whiff of it while passing through department stores, and been stopped in my tracks, but I was never able to figure out what that captivating scent was.

Today I had a "stopped in my tracks" moment, and I finally tracked it back to the Estee Lauder counter where I sprayed every fragrance they had to find it. And then I bought it.

The first few minutes after I apply Beautiful, it has a harsh chemical scent that is very unappealing, but it softens quickly into an inticing heady floral that just smells. . .pretty. I did learn rather quickly that one spray is rather more than enough; this might be a "spray and walk through" fragrance because it is VERY strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by erika511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wore Beautiful after it first came out in junior high, it being a gift from my grandma - loved it then and always received many compliments. Today I wore it again for the first time in about 15 years, and it is still as beautiful as I remember! Blends very well with my chemistry and is not overpowering. I am using a rollerball pen that was on sale during Christmas, so spraying might produce a different result. I can't believe I waited so long to try this gem again, it's perfect for spring!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by prettypumpkinpie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been wearing this for about 14 years, I am 32 now and still not tired of it. I love florals, they don't work for everyone but it blends perfect with my chemistry. I tend to turn all fragrances musky, but not with this one.
At least it is different than all these new "celebrity" fragrances that keep popping up. Hey, theres gotta be a reason it is back to Americas #1 fragrance!! My staple fragrance!! And it is perfect layered with the lotion and powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 11:18:00 PM More reviews by brandde

Absolutely beautiful. I can see how they got the name for this. The first time I bought this I was 17 years old (some 20 years ago when it was not long released). I fell in love the moment I first used it. Fruity, florally, intense but not sickly. Gorgeous.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbreadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Mall rose.

ETA: Warning! This scrubber will not be scrubbed! It started to make me ill, and I tried soap and water, alcohol, vinegar, Scope, toothpaste, milk, vanilla extract, Murphy's oil soap, and finally gave up before actually turning to battery acid, which is what I think it would probably take. Whatever fixative is employed by EL in this scent is probably military grade - and considering the vomit-inducing drydown, I think this scent could be considered an aerosolized chemical weapon. I am considering suing the company under the Geneva Convention protocols if it doesn't wear off in the next few hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 2:18:00 AM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another EL floral, but instead of being overly heavy, this is actually very nice. Rose notes tend to be pretty heavy, but I feel like the rose notes enhance the jasmine and tuberose notes. Idk but every time I smell this, it reminds me of gardening. I feel like I should wear this outside or something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 8:09:00 AM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Since i'm such big fan of most Estee Lauder frangrances i dont know why its taken me so long to discover Beautiful. Also, since i'm such a HUGE lover of heady floral bouquets i'm even more surprised because Beautiful is the ultimate or perfect floral. I've only come across one other fragrance that smells so authentically like flowers other than Beautiful and that is Creeds 2000 Fleurs. Whenever i used to wear 2000 Fleurs i always felt like i was wearing the pure pollen of flowers themselves. And now, since i discovered Beautiful, i've found that again. This is how i describe Beautiful. Imagine a field or open meadow of tens of thousands of flowers. Now imagine big fat bumble bees going around to these flowers to extract the pollen out of them. These bumblebees are doing your bidding so after they have extracted the pollen they bring it back to you and deposit it in vials. After the bees are all done and you now have thousands of vials before you full of the pure scent of unadulterated flowers. Next, you start the painstaking process of combining all the pollen the bees brought back to into one vial to get the perfect floral fragrance. After you are done you have Estee Lauder's Beautiful.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 1:57:00 AM More reviews by katastrophe33

The Only floral I have ever worn. The gwp perfume sprays are extra awesome. They seem to last twice as long. For me it works best to spray in my hair and on clothing. You get no changes in the scent and Lots of compliments !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by babydolltrish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my all time favorite perfume! I try alot of different ones, but i always, always come back to this when i want an elegant fragrance. I am 35, and i get more compliments on this than any of my others. I think the lotion and cream actually smell a slight bit better than the spray, but layered they are amazing. I can see where it doesn't work for everyone, but for those who love florals, i have to believe it is a timeless classic!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by kzzylee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All you posters calling this a "mom" fragrance are frightening me! Okay, so I am 35, and I did wear this in high school, but I still love it! I still get compliments on it regularly.

My favorite is still Clean, but I love this too.