Ponds bare and repair conditioning eye makeup remover with grapeseed extract and vitamin e [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

on 1/14/2006 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The only eye makeup remover that I have ever tried that I had no complaints about what-so-ever. It is by far the first (and only) remover that has ever reached HG status with me and there is nothing else that even comes close. I am a HUGE fan of the smoky eye (Black Noir Lancome eye pencil, MAC e/s in Mulch and Brule, and scads and scads of Black L'Oreal mascara) and, let me tell you, it is a formidable task to remove. Every remover I have ever used: Lancome, Clinique, Bath& Body Works, Neutrogena, L'Oreal, Klorane (though I have to admit that I am a shameless sucker for the inky blue Klorane bottle), etc. has always *appeared* to take off the eye makeup but then, after washing my face or getting out of the shower, I would still find a faded, black, hazy ring of mascara under my eyes that was so irritating and nearly impossible to remove. This Ponds brand remover is absolutely amazing...leaves my eyes bare and virginal, as if I haven't worn eye makeup in a week. No tugging, either! On a scale of one to ten lippies, it gets an 87 but since we can only give it 5, I guess that will have to do!!

on 1/13/2006 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially bought this to take off my Lancôme Flextencils waterproof mascara, and recently began using it to take off Shiseido's Advanced Volume mascara (which, from what I've read, can be very hard to get off - especially if its waterproof [mine's not]). This stuff is fantastic! I've not had to rub or tug at the make up once. It's also very gentle and leaves my eyelids feeling very soft. Since my skin's oily enough, I end up washing it off before it can sink in, but that hasn't been a problem. It does what it's supposed to do!

on 1/9/2006 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pros: This easily removes stubborn waterproof mascaras. It lives up to both it's claims--it conditions as well as cleans. After using it at night, I find that I do longer need apply an eye cream or lash protectant afterwards (though I still use both under my makeup in the morning). This alone saves me about $70 every 2-3 months, so it's well worth it. It leaves a very slight oily film immediately afterwards, but be absorbed within 5 minutes--perfect at night. This doesn't aggravate the acne on my eyebrows (of all places), nor does it sting my eyes. Highly recommended, for under $5.

Cons: I have very few complaints. However, the blue bi-color liquid is a little too close to the look of Lancome's infamous remover for comfort...and if the moisturizing residue absorbed within 1 minute rather than 5, this would be appropriate to use during the day as a touch-up in between makeup. Right now, I can swipe toner over it and immediately apply makeup...otherwise there's a slightly inconvenient 5 minute wait. continued >>

on 1/3/2006 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product solely based on the strength of the comments on this board and I am happy to say that I love it! It is by far the best eyemakeup remover I have EVER used. It takes off everything! No excessive rubbing. Excellent.

on 1/2/2006 11:41:00 AM

Used this last night for first time - great stuff! Anything I've used prior (Almay, L'Oreal, Neutrogena, Lancome) has either irritated my eyes, left a greasy residue, not removed the makeup completely, all of the above or any combination thereof. This one removed the makeup thoroughly and quickly, both the eye makeup and Lipfinity without any irritation or greasy residue. I purchased this to remove the Lipfinity, as my L'Oreal doesn't do that, but I'll probably end up tossing the L'Oreal, as it irritates my eyes. Will definitely repurchase the Ponds...about $5.00 at Target.

on 12/30/2005 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a couple of days ago after reading the reviews here and I'm SO glad that I did! It completely removed my waterproof mascara and all of my eyeshadow, without much effort on my part. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin and eyes, either. The skin around my eyes was softer and smoother -- and my eyelashes didn't feel dried out, which was something that had happened in the past with other removers. I had to go to three different stores before finding this at Target. Will definitely repurchase.

on 12/8/2005 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Takes it all off and quick...without irritation. Price is reasonable,and packaging o.k. AWESOME

on 11/25/2005 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is by far the best eye makeup remover I've ever used. I've used many of the department store brands, and this is much better. It takes all my eye makeup, including waterproof mascara, off with no tugging. You can just gently swipe your eyes and everything comes off. This is definitely my HG!!

on 11/18/2005 1:19:00 PM

I have extremely sensitive eyes and have always been wary about eye makeup removers...but this one is simply fantastic. Takes away everything effortlessly without any discomfort or irritation. I highly recommend it! :)

on 11/9/2005 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this based on the reviews at MUA. I was almost finished with my BiFacil and didn't want to spend a fortune on eye makeup remover. This is almost like BiFacil, except not as greasy. It works great. I highly recommend this.