July 24, 2014 | 1868 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2005 11:21:00 AM More reviews by eggs

I have dark brown eyes, and this colour is superb on me. Black usually takes all the warmth out of my eye colour, and looks very harsh, while dark browns are usually drab and boring - often they match my eye colour too closely and do nothing for me.
Chocolate Lustre really is a lovely colour - deep and rich, while managing at the same time to be lively and warm. The bronze tones in it really flatter my eye colour, and the shimmer is beautiful, softening the overall look. My colouring is very pale olive, and I wear both cool and warm-toned lip colours. The great thing about this shade is that it manages to look good with either.
The texture too is a delight - truly creamy - it literally just glides on, yet has remarkable staying power.
As others have suggested, a smudger at one end would be a bonus, but I'm not going to deduct points for that, since I'm so impressed with the colour and formulation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2005 8:12:00 PM More reviews by buckheadbecky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great! I'm not much of an eyeliner fan, because usually it's too labor-intensive and if not done correctly, can make me look like a raccoon. This e/l though, has the perfect texture, glides on easily, and lasts all day, even with my oily eyelids. The color is great and looks fantastic with the Strawberry Fudge e/s. Love this... will have to purchase it in other shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2005 2:31:00 PM More reviews by mamba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had LM e/l and loved it. Somehow I lost it and I got this Clinique one instead. Even though the LM one was great this has better staying power and is much cheaper. Color as described below. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2005 11:58:00 AM More reviews by keg23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thanks so much for the good advice, everyone! After reading the good reviews, I went out and bought Chocolate Lustre to replace my MAC "Teddy" kohl -- and I am so pleased with the results! Like Teddy, Clinique's chocolate lustre is a beautiful brown/bronze -- but unlike the kohl, the pencil doesn't run or leave me with raccoon eyes. Many thanks, again, for the good tip!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2005 1:24:00 AM More reviews by LipstikChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like everyone else has already stated, the Cream Shapers are an amazing product, and Chocolate Lustre is a gorgeous shade.

Generally speaking, the Cream Shapers are probably THE smoothest and creamiest eyeliners I've ever used -- they glide on w/o effort, and they stay put, which is incredible to me. They are soft, yet durable, and blend like a dream. All of the shades have depth to them, thanks to the tiny shimmers that are in them. The Cream Shapers are water resistant, so they're not great for use on the inner rims, but are fabulous everywhere else.

Chocolate Lustre is one of 2 brown shades offered (Brown Sugar being lighter in color), and it's exactly as it sounds: a delicious chocolate brown shade infused with deep golden subtle shimmer.

The only thing I'd change about it, if I could, would be to add a smudger at the end of the pencil. Aside from that, it's perfect to me.

Clinique has come such a long way -- I'd most definitely repurchase this, and I'm hoping to pick up Black Diamond soon as well! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2005 9:47:00 AM More reviews by ventura

I have three cream shapers that I suddenly felt the hurry to buy (thanks to the mua reviews.) Anywho, I have egyptian, brown sugar, and this one, chocolate lustre. I like the fact that it's easy to apply due to the creamy texture. Does it last you ask? Not really, not on my oily lids. BUT The color is nice, bronzey-ish, barely there shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2005 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Radiant_chic02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is amazing stuff! I just bought this, and already I love it!

This eyeliner has many good things about it. The color is absolutely beautiful, and it is such a soft and wearable color, yet not too dark, so anyone can wear it! Also, the texture is so creamy and smooth, it just simply glides on in one fine line, so you have a perfect line of chocolate when you are done applying. It also lasts quite a long time! This is a fantastic eyeliner, and I will definately repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 11:49:00 AM More reviews by bastet

Wow, Clinique have really surprised me with their new products they've come out with recently and this is no exception. The cream shapers for eyes are my absolute favourite eyeliner pencils together with LM's kohls.

Chocolate Lustre is a dark bronzey chocolate brown with bronze shimmer. I have to be careful with choosing brown shades, since they usually make me look tired, but this one seems to work for my colouring (PPP, blue eyes, blonde, neutral to cool skin). The pencil is super soft and doesn't tug at your skin at all. Immediately when applying this, you can smudge the liner and create a soft smokey look. After a little while the liner dries down and doesn't budge anymore. It usually stays put on me all day (my lids are not oily and I use primer!), but I top the pencil with matching powder anyway and thus it lasts on me all day and night. I have never seen a pencil that's easier to use than this one! I like them a lot better than any MAC I've come across (those smudge on me).

The price of these is moderate so run out and buy a couple, you won't be disappointed. I was told that except for the white, black and two brown shades these are limited edition. I do hope they will keep this in the permanent line though!
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2005 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

This product is a real find for me. Yes, it is one of those rare pencils with incredible staying/no-smudging power - and from someone with oily lids, that's saying something. But what I like best is the shimmery brown shade. I have green eyes and have been looking everywhere for a shimmery dark brown liner that was a true brown, NOT a coppery or russet-based one, as so many seem to be. This is the best I've found.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2005 11:40:00 AM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this and wear it almost every day. It's a shimmery chocolate brown, only a bit darker than Laura Mercier's Brown Copper kohl pencil and lasts even longer than that, i.e. all day even in heat. It's very creamy and a good price (10). Will always repurchase, it's perfect. The only ones that will last better are the gel or cake eyeliners, but you can't beat it when you want something quick and easy.