L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

on 4/28/2007 5:01:00 AM

Nothing out of the ordinary. It did not leave my skin feeling particular smooth/soft. It did absolutely nothing to soothe my dry itchy witer skin. Scent is warm/ok though not very authentically almond-y.

on 4/15/2007 10:06:00 PM

This shower oil is nice, but nothing special. It didn't dry my skin, yet it didn't feel any more moisturized than before I stepped into the shower. The scent is nice and makes the bathroom smell good for a while after showering. This is not a bad product, but overall, I feel that this shower oil is too expensive for what it is. Will not repurchase.

on 4/15/2007 7:25:00 PM

I love these! Great texture... great smell.. good for your skin.

on 3/8/2007 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a big fan of almond scents but I do like this one. The oil is moisturizing for my skin and I use it with the matching body cream. A bit decadent and luxurious feeling.

on 3/6/2007 9:22:00 PM

I feel awful breaking all these great reviews but I really was expecting more from this product. After I used this, my skin felt dried out which is weird because I could feel the oil on my skin when I was washing with it but I suppose some of the other ingredients in it just outweigh the oil. The aroma is just ok, it's not unbearable but it's not fantastic either, some people like smelling like cake. They call it a 'fresh almond fragrance' but I don't associate almonds with smelling fresh. It's not exactly a sexy scent, more comforting bordering on overly sweet.

Verdict: To be completely honest, if I'm going to use something which isn't organic and with SLS, Propylene Glycol, PEG-7 etc I would much rather use Olay shea butter wash for very dry skin. Therefore, it's just not worth the money. I feel that this product is playing up to all the romantic connotations that Provence conjures in the mind and using this to justify the price. In a way I'm happy that I've found a cheaper and better performing alternative in Olay, that's a first for me!
If anyone out there finds a wonderful natural rich bodywash that washes as well as Olay but without all the added 'chemicals' please do let me know. Nothing seems to beat Olay at moisturising and I'm not even super dry.

on 2/17/2007 4:52:00 AM

My already dry skin turned drier of late, a friend recommended me to try this and I love it! Non-sripping with a lovely almond scent. It works like any other type of cleansing oil. It looks and feels like oil at first but once you add water, it turns milky and cleanses! I use it with the milk moisturiser after and scent stays on for at least half a day. Would prefer it to come in a pump bottle instead...definitely repurchasing!

on 2/15/2007 1:04:00 PM

Very nice but not a HG for me. It is very thick so I needed some time to get use to it. The almond scent is not always the most appealing to me but it can be comforting - here is OK, not too strong. I thought at first that I would prefer more liquidy consistency, but now I like it. Skin is definitely softer with this one than with most other shower gels or lotions.

on 2/10/2007 5:28:00 AM

I like many of the L'Occtiane range, and this Almond Cleansing Oil is a must have.
it smells quite sweet , but to overpowering( I am generally more a "verbena" fan), but after reading all the good rviews, i had to buy it
I was hoping the scent would linger longer, it disappears quickly
It is very hydrating, also great if you need to shave your legs in the shower.
I do moisturize afterwards, this is my daily routine.

on 1/26/2007 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the smell! I don't usually like sweet smells, but this one is a keeper. I just wish it could be still bought in small bottles (they sell only big bottles here) because it was a convenient size when travelling etc. This one is good product because one doesn't have to have any body lotion afterwards, it leaves a great smell on the skin and still it washes although it's an oil. Will repurchase!

on 1/13/2007 1:13:00 PM

I read about this on beautyaddict's blog, and decided to give it a try. My skin gets so dry in the winter, and I really wanted something that didn't feel greasy but would do a nice job of adding some much-needed moisture. I have been using this for a few days now, and I really like it! It has a soft, warm, comforting kind of fragrance that does seem to linger, but not enough to interfere with any fragrance that you will later put on. Its consistency is initially thin, but becomes thicker and more foamy when you apply it. I love that it does not leave a residue on me or the shower, but just a nice, clean, soft feeling. I don't think it provides enough moisture to go without some sort of other moisturizer, if you typically use one after showering. I do find it to be a bit expensive, and I think it may be the type of product that will be finished quickly, but I think it's worth the extra money to have that bit of luxury in the shower!