April 21, 2014 | 998 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by shuriya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Just a few days after I bought this I hated it. Too bad I couldn't return it.
It is an awful product. I use it to set my foundation, but the texture is dreadful and it breaks me out. On top of that it looks cakey and sets in my pores. Horrible product and luckily not too pricey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I buy this as a contour powder, I was hesitant at first to pick it up in a shade that was much deeper than my skintone...but it works beautifully! It blends out seemlessly and allows me to create a natural looking contour that isn't too over the top. The powder is very finely milled and goes on smooth. I don't use it as a setting powder so I don't know how well it would work for that. It doesn't break me out or cause me any issues with my skin. I buy it in the cool shades and it doesn't seem to oxidize and turn orange on me like most powders do. I don't have any problem with the container, but I don't travel with it. I do think its a bit overpriced, but I think that about most L'oreal products. I just buy them when they go on sale, that solves that problem..so yep, I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by voicelessadrasteia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've always tried to avoid L'Oreal's skin care products, as I've never really trusted Drug Store products, but boy was I wrong. This powder is amazing for me; it matches my skin tone perfectly, and is lightweight. I'm not sure if it's caused any breakouts yet, and is easy to clean off. I love how the bottom side comes with a mirror and a compartment to hold the applicator. It's generally a good product and goes on smoothly, but I feel like I could be using something else - I can't pick out exactly what's my problem with it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great powder, I just feel it's missing something.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by rimmela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bad color...at first N1 seems to match me and as I try to build up the powder foundation it turned soo orange and ugly...I'm really not please with the coverage either. Oxidizes A LOT. Stupid packaging. Never going to buy tru match again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by ashcam13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this for touch ups during the day and as far as that goes: it does just fine. The major gripe i have with this though, is the packaging. Im on my third container and every single one has broken in my handbag within the first few weeks. After that the product is no good to me unless you want your handbag, and all its contents covered in powder. I would have changed foundations by now but the formula of it is actually ok and doesnt break me out so thats a plus!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by 21070085

Awful. I don't like the texture nor the result it gives (or should I say doesn't give) on your face. The coloring is bad and on my combination skin it just did not work. Maybe more suitable for some other skin types.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by cherryumbrella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Contains talc, very drying, not good for my sensitive combination skin with dry cheeks. Definitely wouldn't buy again. Looks okay natural....just like a normal powder, didn't cake up too much on my cheeks. OK to consider buying if you have normal type skin (not dry).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MiniHorsey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall a great product for the price. Doesn't look cakey and can be built up slightly for some added coverage. Keeps my t-zone from getting oily but needs to be touched up after a few hours, as with most powders. Both hinges (one for mirror/brush side, one for powder) have broken off, which is the only problem I have with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by xilikeporkx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, let me say I have tried virtually every drugstore foundation available, and NONE of them have had the exact shade of my skin. I always avoided the L'Oreal section because all of the Cool, Neutral, and Warm shades confused me.

One day, though, Target had a sale on L'Oreal powder foundation, and I bought it thinking that I would just end up returning it for not being my shade. I was wrong.

I fell in LOVE with this powder! It goes on very smoothly and evenly on my face. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup when I put this on. The shades that they have are AMAZING once you understand how they work. I can actually pull off 2 shades: C2 (natural ivory) and N2 (classic ivory). No one can tell that I'm wearing any makeup. Like someone else mentioned on here, this foundation matches your shade, but even better, if that makes any sense. It makes your face glow!

I will admit, $10 is a little pricey for drugstore makeup, but go to Kroger or Walgreens when they have a buy one get one free sale. It is really worth the money!

A lot of comments on here say that the shade doesn't match their skin. Those people obviously chose the wrong shade, because there is a shade for everybody with this powder. I've tried Maybelline, Revlon, and Covergirl, and none of them have worked and blended as incredibly as L'Oreal's True Match.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by enlight75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

awful... made me break out with white heads and bumps :(