October 2, 2014 | 1438 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2005 7:54:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

Another excellent product from Aveda! I love the Damage Remedy Restructuring line - I use the shampoo, conditioner, and treatment. My badly-permed hair now feels silky, smooth, and even looks healthy! (In reality, it is soooooooo far from healthy...) I received the towel do-rag thing when I bought the system, which may help the treatment penetrate my hair better. I will repurchase. :)

NOTE: The DDR shampoo, conditioner, and treatment must be used together - they work symbiotically.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2005 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Pam1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am suprised that there are not more rave reviews here! This is a treatment that provides protein *and* moisture. I love that it does both because I am used to following protein treatments with moisturizing treamtents...but this one is so moisturizing that there is no need to follow up with another conditioner. This left my hair feeling silky, smooth, soft, strong,*and* shiny. I have heavily highlighted long hair that has suffered some serious damage in the past (but is much better now thanks to using great products recommended on MUA!). So, I am always looking for products with protein and moisture. I highly recommend this to anyone with dry/damaged/color treated hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2005 6:46:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

I received a sample of this from a generous swapper. I did not like the way this made my hair feel, and my hair still felt coated and tangled after rinsing. For $6, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask blows this out of the water, and actually moisturizes and detangles my hair. So glad my lemming for this is gone!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Judged1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This treatment is EXTREMELY overpriced for a product that doesn't deliver results. If you want to shell out money for a treatment that actually works, try Pureology Nanoworks - it's phenomenal!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2005 12:35:00 AM More reviews by ledonatella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, I am surprised by the reviews here. We sell out of our bottles of this every week at my salon and I bought some for myself and love it. I realize since I work at Aveda people might think I am biased but I am honest when I don't like a product (paging Rosemary Mint..!) and I still like other brands too. I don't know if people are using it correctly or what. First off, you have to leave it on for a good 5 minutes, IMO. Second off, if you're hair is not extremely damaged (I mean extremely damaged not just a little frizz) it's probably too much for you and that will cause it to actually feel worse rather than better. Third, it really works better as a whole system than just say the shampoo or whatever by itself. Usuallly I don't match my shampoo and conditioner neccessarily, but in this case I found that t really made a world of difference. I bleach my hair every month, use a high heat drier, flat iron it, and my hair is extremely fragile and baby fine to begin with and I first brought samples home from work because even though I don't pay full price for this it's still an investment. After 2 uses I went and got the big sizes, I was hooked. My hair is so soft and smooth and shiny. Seriously. I had horrible frizz and you could see where it was just fried. I've had no problem with it weighing my hair down either like Curressence did. Anyway, I realize that not every one will like it but I had to put my 2 cents in :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This treatment costs $88.70 CDN ($75.50 US dollars) for a 16oz bottle. I don't mind expense if a product performs, but I got a sample of this from a salon and it didn't cost me a cent.

Thank goodness, because it felt like putting Elmer's glue into my hair and I couldn't get a comb through it without tearing hair off. I mean it literally caused breakage trying to comb it. I left it on for 10 minutes with heat. The end result was tangled, dry, frizzy hair. Surprising, since it it is full of silicones. I find it rather strange that a campaign that advertises treatment through nature, has 5 different silicones in it, which are definately synthetic and not at all natural. My hair likes cones, but not everyone's does. Not even remotely near the high price, but at least Aveda calmed the scent down on this product.

Ingredients: Aqueous extracts, hippophae rhamnoides extract, medicago sativa (alfalfa) leaf powder, Linseed seed extract, cetearyl alcohol, cycopentasiloxane, stearalkonium chloride, behentrimonium chloride, phenyl trimethicone, quaterium-80, glycerin, stearyl alchol, castor seed oil, fusanus spicatus wood oil, jojoba seed oil, medowfoam seed oil, hippophae rhamnoides oil, chenopodium quinoa see extract, olive fruit oil, barley extract, phellodendron amerense bark extract, tocophero, babassuamidopropyltrimonium methosulfate, dimethicone, dimethiconol, behemidopropytrimonium methosulfate, dicaprylyl maleate, dimethiconol meadowfoamate, hydroxyethylcellulose, polyquaternium-10, parfum, limonene, linalool, cintronellol, citric acid, sodium gluconate, methylchoroisothiazolinone.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2005 1:08:00 PM More reviews by thornma

I love this product, but then again, I seem to love all of the Aveda hair products I have tried! I go to a salon that speciializes in Aveda products so I may be prejudiced. I get my hair chemically relaxed since it is very curly, and I also get it highlighted as well. My hairstylist gave me samples of this product before I purchased it and I loved it. I have used this product twice so far and it makes my hair feel silky and smooth. Prior to trying this new Aveda line, I was using Biolage (the Matrix line) . While Biolage is very good for the price you pay for it at the drugstores, I could tell the difference once I used the Aveda product. I have to mention, it is a bit pricey though. That is the downside to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2005 12:12:00 AM More reviews by nancybridget02091979

So, I color treat once a month, and I bought some of this and it's the best! I feel like spun silk afterwards and I'm still soft days later!!! I've been a color conserve girl, and a blue malva junkie, but I'm chocolate for fall now, and after two color treatments to get that way, well, I was hurtin'!!!! Then this lovely potion turned my hair around! Now I'm soft and shiny and all wonderful again! Love the scent, too! Once and Aveda junkie, always an Aveda junkie!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2005 2:38:00 PM More reviews by cahoulie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Why should I be surprised? Another Aveda product I don't care for at all. Smells Aveda bad and left my hair very rough. I'll stick to Halo Repairative.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Suppastaaah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm floored with this treatment. I am an Aveda addict, and love most of their products, but didn't want to like this for the hefty price alone. As much as I wanted to dislike this, it really does make my hair feel like silk. Everyone commented on my hair and how wonderful it looked, or what a great hair day I was having. I can't stop running my fingers through my hair...bliss. :)