Annick Goutal Petite Cherie

3.4

This really didn't work for me, it had great lasting power which would have been good if I hadn't smelled like over ripe pears poached in alcohol with an undertone of burn't caramel.
Its amazing how much difference body chemistry makes to the way this fragrances smell, this one is not for me!

on 4/28/2007 12:33:00 AM

This takes my breath away. What can I say? It smells like elation, an irrational irresistability. It smells like spring for painters and poets, yet it's so girly and ecstatic that it remains fresh and very youthful. Though this shimmering fruity-floral does not contain pear, it smells a bit like it does. The balance of flowers and freshness and fruits is precicely gorgeous from first sharp bite to the last soft wave of drydown. For me this fragrance represents a sort of mania and freedom, in a pure spray of light yet intoxicating charm. Annick Goutal's website has a description that I find very good..."woman-child" is exactly how I think of it too...Cons: the bottle is something of a shrinking violet, and the natural ingredients mean you have to use it in 6 months before it turns...but that will just make you spritz it all the more, and would that we all did!

This is one of the best. It reminds me of a fresh summer day out in the country! So light, alluring, and makes one want to smell it again, and again! Far from an over-bearing sticky-sweeeeeeet scented gal passing by you on a crowded city sidewalk that makes one nauseated & lightheaded! While it does remind me of Benefit's Maybe Baby, and Beautiful Sheer from Estee Lauder,(love those too) it has it's own unique scent. I fail to absorb the "pear" note that others have spoken of. To me, it's just as it's description: "A floral melange of PEACH, vanilla, fresh grass, and musky rose", yummmmm. Nothing more plesant than fresh cut grass smell :) I don't mind spending a little extra to have this scent. I get great comments everytime I put this on!

on 3/18/2007 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am amazed I actually really, really like this. I'm not normally a fan of fruity floral scents, as they slide into toothache city fairly quickly, but this is really well blended, and the grass accord keeps it from being sweet altogether. It's a very clean scent. I bought a bottle of the EdP, thinking that the EdP might last longer- it does. Also, I detect no difference at all between the EdT and the EdP with regard to the actual scent. This wears close to the body on me with very little sillage. That's fine with me, as it's part of the appeal: A stronger version would simply not be the same fragrance, and might be jarring. This is definitely smells like spring to me. Buyer beware- this stuff is mostly natural and will turn given enough time. I suggest purchasing from a reputable retailer. Specifically, somewhere that has good stock turnover, so that there little risk of it going bad. I ordered a bottle from an e-tailer (discount) and got a bottle of Eau d' Rotten Fruit. Also, this smells NOTHING like Maybe Baby AT ALL to me. MB is a horrible melange of artificial flowers and B.O., while PC is just fresh tangy fruit and sweet, clean grass. Antonia's Flowers Floret is close only on the first five minutes, and then it is far too warm and sweet. This is my spring HG.

on 3/10/2007 12:49:00 PM

Upon first sritz, I thought this was going to be too sweet for me. I loathe syrupy sweet fruity scents (think victoria's secret, bath and body works fruity...ewww!). It took no time at all for this to dry down to a light creamy feminine sweetness on me. Sooooo pretty and unlike anything else out there. It starts out and stays close to the skin. IMO, that's how such a delicate scent should wear. I don't want the whole room to smell like me. There is nothing "young" about this one either (I'm almost 30!). Its way too sophisticated and elegant to be considered "young". I'm in love with my new signature scent! EDIT: I still love this but can't justify that kind of moolah for something that I can't smell by the end of the day. I went through the bottle waaaay too fast because I always had to re-apply. Bummer!

Another Goutal I found very interesting but not for me... Petite Cherie is very young, fresh and friendly - many that fall into this category I really do like, even identify with, but something here just does not work for me... She's a little too serious for me, even though she's so young and beautiful. This one reminds me of suggared pears and ice-cream - but sugar alone would have been enough, there was no need for the ice-cream overload. I'll try this again in spring; lasting power is fantastic in winter.

on 3/1/2007 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, this is definitely not "unique," as it smells vaguely familiar to me. Like another previous reviewer mentioned, this is very reminiscent of 3 previous fragrances that I have/had: Benefit's Maybe Baby, Clinique Happy, and Sheer Beautiful from Estee Lauder. Only difference being, the latter three can be purchased for a much cheaper price. Since I'd rather spend my money on other things, the next time I am in the mood for this particular scent, I will buy Clinique Happy (or one of the other two.) EDIT 8/16/07: I had to come back here and add a few more comments. This perfume is such a major RIP-OFF, and I don't recommend it to anyone. I have been wearing this every day lately... but you wouldn't know it. The only way you can smell it is if you stick the sprayer to your nose, squirt, and inhale... kind of like how you would use a nasal spray. I paid over $75 for this bottle, and it is basically like spraying lightly-scented water on my skin! The fragrance disappears within minutes after applying. This perfume is utter rubbish and even a bigger rip-off, as far as I'm concerned. continued >>

on 1/25/2007 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this scent. It's my favorite. There's nothing like it. UNIQUE!

on 1/20/2007 11:21:00 PM

fresh,young and sweet!!! but you can buy "benefit maybe baby" for half the price-and they smell exactly the same...yummy

on 1/18/2007 5:19:00 PM

I love the fresh scent of pear, and upon first spray, it's very true. However, it dies down quickly to a gross metallicky scent. Reading these reviews makes me think that it may be grass though. Either way, I don't like it. If you want a VERY good singular pear scent, go for Yves Rocher's Pear/Poire. It's perfect and waaaaaay cheaper.

Popular Fragrances