Mary Kay Microdermabrasion Kit

4.3

on 11/6/2005 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I've used this a few times, and I use it just once per week. I like the microdermabrasion (Step 1) step. I find that the replenish/serum step(Step 2) does cool my skin down, but then it feels tight. I don't like the tight feeling and I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen. So I just follow Step 2 with my regular daily moisturizer. I have not had a problem with breakouts or other irritation from this product. I think this is a very good, effective, gentle product and I will buy it again. I might consider not getting the serum step (Step 2) next time, based on my experience.

on 11/3/2005 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My consultant just left and I have to tell you how awesome my face feels after using the microdermabraasion! She was telling me it is the best quality next to going to a dermatologist! My face is so soft and supple! I can't wait to use it again!

on 10/19/2005 9:40:00 AM

Excellent product. Made skin feel great, look good, and my makeup went on beautifully smooth.

on 9/14/2005 3:46:00 PM

This product works good and my face feels soft afterwards. I really cant complain, but theres just nothing spectacular about it. When this runs out, I will try other products so I have a basis to compare to and will update this, but for now, No I would not buy again, just because I was built up that it would be some awesome product and yes, it works nicely but I just dont see what all the fuss is about. Its an average product for a good price though, so its worth trying.

on 8/4/2005 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is utterly fantastic! I have used this microdermabrasion system a few times now and find that it really delivers! It is easy to apply, easy to rinse off, and easy to store. The results after rinsing this off are super! My skin has a healthy level of dryness, smoothness, and an overall even texture. Skin also glows the next day after treatment. I also noticed that over time, facial lines really are less visable. I opted to get the serum that accompanies the microdermabrasion formula and find it to be very nice. It is lightweight, absorbs easily, and gives an overall nice smooth feel to the face. I have also been using the Neutrogena microdermabrasion system for some time and so can easily compare the two brands. If asked to choose between the two, I would pick Mary Kay, hands down! The price is a bit steep but it is really nice stuff. I requested a sample size of this Mary Kay microdermabrasion system before purchasing the full size product and was completely impressed the very first time I used it! I phoned my Mary Kay representative immediately to order the full set! By the way, it comes in a beautiful, fine textured pouch/bag with ribbons that tie into a sweet bow...a delicate, feminine touch! I highly recommend this product if you are looking for a good microdermabrasion system because it makes a remarkable healthy looking difference in your skin when you use it!

on 8/3/2005 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I recieved a sample of this through the mail. I really love this microdermabrasion. It makes my skin so smooth.
It is oil free and for dry to oily skin so it is great for just about any skin type. The Step 1 Refine formula moisturizes skin whie exfoliating gently to reveal healthier skin and it is easy to rinse off. Step 2 Replenish is very good...full of antioxidants, smooths skin, and gives moisture. I will definately repurchase!

on 7/28/2005 10:40:00 PM

Why why why did I not try this sooner??? All this microdermabrasion talk left me very, very skeptical. I had samples of this lying around for months, and just two weeks ago I finally decided to give them a whirl. Oh my-after just 1 use my skin was just GLOWING! Virtually no breakouts, just clear, bright, refined, smooth skin. I just purchased a kit on ebay for less than $30! I recommend this for anyone whose skin is looking a bit dull. I guarantee this will put the glow back into your complexion! It's absolutely fabulous!

on 7/11/2005 8:09:00 PM

i have been waiting for months for mk to release this product! boy was it worth the wait! i love it! my skin is smooth as a babys bottom and i even see signs of my sun spots disappearing (AFTER ONLY 2 USES)!! i agree, MAKE SURE U USE SUNSCREEN WITH THIS PRODUCT! it is very abrasive! buttt, it's amazing! i'd never go to the salon and pay over $100 for this treatment again! i dont think the price is an issue ($55). it's gonna last me forever seeing u only use a dime size amount! the finishing lotion is wonderful, too! very light and moisturizing! im so thrilled with this product! THANK U MARY KAY!!!

on 6/23/2005 5:41:00 PM

This microdermabrasion product is amazing. My dry, sensitive skin can actually handle it! I only use it once or sometimes twice a week because I don't want my sensitive skin to freak. I can not believe how soft it makes my skin. It's visibly reducing the appearance of my sun damage/brown spots. It's definitely pricey -I paid full price ($55) thru an MK consultant but will look to eBay for my next purchase. Way to go Mary Kay - great product!

on 6/11/2005 11:37:00 AM

At first, I really liked this product. I remember asking my husband to feel my soft skin. I also remember saying how ultra-sensitive my usually normal skin felt. I mean, I could really, really feel things that I usually didn't notice (like the blowing of the air conditioner, etc.). I also had a little redness that kind of looked like a mild sunburn, but still liked to overall result. Well, two applications later, I now have a case of Melasama that the doctor attributes to a combination of sun, skin irritation and hormones. So watch out. Use a good sunscreen if you use this product. I can't be down on it for not working (it does, and well). Just remember you are stripping your skin's layers and protect it from the sun appropriately. A mistake I will be paying for for a long time.

Popular Treatments (Face)