July 28, 2014 | 2053 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Microdermabrasion Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Erica_B

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My consultant just left and I have to tell you how awesome my face feels after using the microdermabraasion! She was telling me it is the best quality next to going to a dermatologist! My face is so soft and supple! I can't wait to use it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2005 9:40:00 AM More reviews by ronny1213

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent product. Made skin feel great, look good, and my makeup went on beautifully smooth.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by BonneyJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product works good and my face feels soft afterwards. I really cant complain, but theres just nothing spectacular about it. When this runs out, I will try other products so I have a basis to compare to and will update this, but for now, No I would not buy again, just because I was built up that it would be some awesome product and yes, it works nicely but I just dont see what all the fuss is about. Its an average product for a good price though, so its worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 11:23:00 PM More reviews by walljoy

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is utterly fantastic! I have used this microdermabrasion system a few times now and find that it really delivers! It is easy to apply, easy to rinse off, and easy to store. The results after rinsing this off are super! My skin has a healthy level of dryness, smoothness, and an overall even texture. Skin also glows the next day after treatment. I also noticed that over time, facial lines really are less visable. I opted to get the serum that accompanies the microdermabrasion formula and find it to be very nice. It is lightweight, absorbs easily, and gives an overall nice smooth feel to the face. I have also been using the Neutrogena microdermabrasion system for some time and so can easily compare the two brands. If asked to choose between the two, I would pick Mary Kay, hands down! The price is a bit steep but it is really nice stuff. I requested a sample size of this Mary Kay microdermabrasion system before purchasing the full size product and was completely impressed the very first time I used it! I phoned my Mary Kay representative immediately to order the full set! By the way, it comes in a beautiful, fine textured pouch/bag with ribbons that tie into a sweet bow...a delicate, feminine touch! I highly recommend this product if you are looking for a good microdermabrasion system because it makes a remarkable healthy looking difference in your skin when you use it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2005 11:34:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recieved a sample of this through the mail. I really love this microdermabrasion. It makes my skin so smooth.
It is oil free and for dry to oily skin so it is great for just about any skin type. The Step 1 Refine formula moisturizes skin whie exfoliating gently to reveal healthier skin and it is easy to rinse off. Step 2 Replenish is very good...full of antioxidants, smooths skin, and gives moisture. I will definately repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2005 10:40:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

Why why why did I not try this sooner??? All this microdermabrasion talk left me very, very skeptical. I had samples of this lying around for months, and just two weeks ago I finally decided to give them a whirl. Oh my-after just 1 use my skin was just GLOWING! Virtually no breakouts, just clear, bright, refined, smooth skin. I just purchased a kit on ebay for less than $30! I recommend this for anyone whose skin is looking a bit dull. I guarantee this will put the glow back into your complexion! It's absolutely fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2005 8:09:00 PM More reviews by veebutterfly

i have been waiting for months for mk to release this product! boy was it worth the wait! i love it! my skin is smooth as a babys bottom and i even see signs of my sun spots disappearing (AFTER ONLY 2 USES)!! i agree, MAKE SURE U USE SUNSCREEN WITH THIS PRODUCT! it is very abrasive! buttt, it's amazing! i'd never go to the salon and pay over $100 for this treatment again! i dont think the price is an issue ($55). it's gonna last me forever seeing u only use a dime size amount! the finishing lotion is wonderful, too! very light and moisturizing! im so thrilled with this product! THANK U MARY KAY!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2005 5:41:00 PM More reviews by myneepin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This microdermabrasion product is amazing. My dry, sensitive skin can actually handle it! I only use it once or sometimes twice a week because I don't want my sensitive skin to freak. I can not believe how soft it makes my skin. It's visibly reducing the appearance of my sun damage/brown spots. It's definitely pricey -I paid full price ($55) thru an MK consultant but will look to eBay for my next purchase. Way to go Mary Kay - great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by mebj

At first, I really liked this product. I remember asking my husband to feel my soft skin. I also remember saying how ultra-sensitive my usually normal skin felt. I mean, I could really, really feel things that I usually didn't notice (like the blowing of the air conditioner, etc.). I also had a little redness that kind of looked like a mild sunburn, but still liked to overall result. Well, two applications later, I now have a case of Melasama that the doctor attributes to a combination of sun, skin irritation and hormones. So watch out. Use a good sunscreen if you use this product. I can't be down on it for not working (it does, and well). Just remember you are stripping your skin's layers and protect it from the sun appropriately. A mistake I will be paying for for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2005 1:43:00 PM More reviews by sugamunki

♥ OMG- i am in LOVE!♥ background: acne sufferer with combo/dry, flaky skin. fairly sensitive to soem facial chemicals and very sensitive to cheap facial scrubs (the kernal stuff and that nature. I've had multiple at-home "microdermabrasion" kits and I also used to have dermabrasion done professionally. I have had this product sicne it came out and have been too nervous to try it due to previous sensitivity to home scrubbing attempts. Lastnight before goign out I had some dried up acne and flaky skin around my nose and reluctantly was desperate to try anything- I decided to try out the set- As soon as I put it into my hands I could tell it was Extremely fine micro-dust sized exfoliators (rather than a sparse amount of large, jagged chunks I am accustomed to in such kits) I rubbed it on and it felt AMAZING! I was very gentle and worked slow and I think it said to rinse after a minute but it felt so nice I just put a little moisturizer on my fingers and massaged it into my face and neck an extra minute and then was afraid to rinse it off. usually my sesnsitivity kicks in when I rinse facial masks/scrubs off- then I feel my stripped skin sapped of all life... but after sitting around a few minutes I realized it must come off for me to go to dinner- I rinsed and was just AMAZED at the SMOOTHNESS! as I rinsed and even after! But I quickly applied the satiny light moisturizer which I assumed wouldn't be enough moisture so i had my normal mositurized ready to apply and realized I didn't need it! The moisturizer second step Totally prepped my skin for make-up without being rich and fatty- it was a liquidy smooth satin -feeling moisture and it felt Great! My skin absorbed it quickly and I was very happy.
I went to bed lastnight with lotion on rather than acne meds and woke up with just Amazing skin. I felt very happy about myself lastnight and the almost flawless make-up application I pulled off (I forced my boyfriend to touch my face.) I had 5 hrs of sleep lastnigth and my cheeks are just glowing. I love this product. (sorry if you actually managed to read all the way to this point.)
Btw, I will update if any acne flares up in the next 72 hours :) ♥kandi