April 19, 2014 | 1898 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by USCgirlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit of a mascara fanatic, having used many mascaras ranging from high-end to low-end. However, I hadn't yet tried Faux Cils and was extremely curious to see how I'd like it.

Unfortunately, Faux Cils smudges horribly on me. It was fine for the first 5 hours, but at the end of the work day, the mascara had smeared all over the undereye area. Faux Cils also took the curl out of my just-curled eyelashes as soon as I put the mascara on, which was another negative for me. I did like the intense black pigment of the mascara, in addition to its lengthening properties, but the lack of longevity made me return this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by rubadub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

It goes on nicely, without clumps and adds volume and some length. However, it easily gets messy on my lashes. My lashes are blonde with some length so any messiness is very apparent. It does stay on nicely throughout the day whilst still being easy to take off. It's not the most expensive mascara from HR but it's still pricey and with HR, my expectations are always high. I think this mascara is better suited for people with naturally dark eyelashes that needs some oomph for everyday use, not blonde ones that need perfect separation. It does feel a little heavy on me, at least for everyday wear. So! Overall, a good mascara but nothing fantastic. My search goes on to find ~the one~ and this isn't it so no re-purchase for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Lindakiins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have naturally long lashes and found that unfortunately this mascara leaves marks and slight grey residue of where my eyelashes have met with my eye lid. Although it is quite a nice mascara, I think it has more of a lengthening look as it doesn't really achieve much of a volumizing effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by jenniferdru81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Alas I have ponied up the $30 this costs yet again...when I should not be spending $30 on mascara. Its the mascara I always return to because something about it makes my eyes pop. I think it's the very black color. I use it on 01. I also like that it doesn't feel flaky and is buildable. Con would be that it seems to dry out quickly which is a big con. Despite that though I always return because I haven't found anything to compare.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by 1uella

Gives a great look but smells disturbingly perfumed - not something you really want to put on your eyes - although I still pay through the nose for it cause the black is SO black and it's very thickening. Not perfect, but close.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by JAL1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really good mascara. I buy it in brown, it looks better with my fair skin and it's a really nice colour. It gives a lot of volume and doesn't make my lashes clump together (not too much anyway). I do prefer mascaras with rubber brushes though, they just separate everything so much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by daisybu

I absolutely love this mascara, I have asian straight medium length lashes and this mascara gives me great volume!

i usually pair this with my maybelline define a lash lengthing mascara as it lacks length for me. other than that, everything about this product from price to packaging is great. it has a scent to it which i am not too keen on but since its going on lashes its not too big of a deal. it smells nice though! it also comes in a range of colours but i stuck with black.

I cant remember how much I paid, it wasnt cheap but it is well worth the money.

will definitely purchase again, and probably soon as mine is running out !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by luxybon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have fallen in love with this mascara. I have long, dark eyelashes that don't need much, so I was worried that this would make me look overdone...but it looks fantastic! I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Will be buying again, and again, and again...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by yellowbird101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this mascara in a couple of the shades - at the moment I'm loving the navy blue and the grey. The grey colour really suits my colouring, and my girlfriends always comment on the colour of my mascara if I wear the blue or grey... I don't have much time to put eye-makeup on in the morning, so a coloured mascara is a good way to co-ordinate your make-up with your outfit or nails...!
The reasons why I like this product are that the colour pigment is very good, the mascara doesn't dry - I really dislike hard, flakey lashes, and (of course) the packaging is great...
I'm not sure why this is called Effet Faux Cils... Maybe I don't apply it thickly enough, but I like the natural lash effect you can create with this mascara - it certainly doesn't make you look like you are wearing false lashes! I also find the brush is not as good as my other favourite mascara (Chanel).
If you are looking for good colour and a mascara that remains 'flexible' throughout the day, then this is a good mascara to try.
It is a staple in my make-up bag...!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have one of these in all the colors they brought out, black being my face one.
It's very thick and has a lot of fibres but it's amazingly good for thin lashes and with a base coat, works like magic to thicken sparse lashes.
Expensive but when you take into account how much a cheap one costs against this,it's worth the extra.