August 1, 2014 | 1031 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by loriorio

I tried Angels on Bare Skin over the summer. I usually use Dark Angels and when I went to Lush for more, I talked to a clerk about my recent sunburn and she suggested to give this a try since it's more of a mild cleanser and should soothe my very sad skin. I wasn't expecting much from this but it really worked! It actually soothed my skin and it's creamy consistency did nothing to irritate it. It was also gentle enough for me to use everyday for a speedy recovery. I haven't added this one to my regular routine though. Dark Angels just offers a lot more for me in that respect. But for summer time sunburns, I'll be buying this again since it's more ideal for sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Ugh, God, NO.
I have been on this *epic* quest to find a cleanser that won't make my crazy skin react. I certainly do not have the same skin I had in my teen years and 20's. It wasn't perfect skin but it didn't annoy the hell out of me.
Now, when I use a cleanser that's not for me, I experience one of these reactions:
A) Millia. Mega Millia. Milla from Mars.
B) Red itchy splotches that turn into red bumps that either go away within an hour or a few days, OR
C) Congestion that is beyond medical science.
With AOBS I experienced two of the three. The itchy/red bump scene is the most dreadful, because NOTHING will calm it down, and those bumps can turn into scaly things that make my skin look awful. I also got the very congested skin. This is due to that film of Calamine that ABOS leaves on the skin.

I really wanted to like LUSH, I've tried Mask of Magnaminty (like) but anything else I have tried just made my skin angry.
I only bought 50 grams. Maybe my daughter would like it.
Moving on to just plain colloidal oatmeal. I'll wash night and day with just that, and I'll report back in one week, guaranteed.
See my notepad if you are interested in the epic quest.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by imgracekelly

I bought this once and I wasn't totally thrilled. I'd used Herbalism before, which I love and still used but wanted to give this one a try. It's not a bad product but I just don't think it works best for my skin type, that's really the only reason I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by TrisHermioneKatniss

Meh. This product isn't as good as I'd thought it would be given its massive promotion inside Lush and all the rave reviews on the internet.
I do like the fact that you smoosh it up with water in your hand and then apply it. It smells OK, just lavender really. It also lasts for ages and ages- I've had my pot since July, it's now November, and I still have over half left.
The problem lies with the actual effect it had on my skin, which, put simply, is nil.
It did nothing. It removed my makeup quite well, but other than that, it didn't really have an effect. It didn't make my skin more matte, it didn't improve my acne... it basically did nothing.
I will not be repurchasing this product, but, instead, trying one of Lush's other roll cleansers as I did like that aspect of it.
I would, however, recommend it for people who are at something of a middle ground with their skin, and merely need it to remove makeup and clean their skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Lissielimelight

When I first bought this I didn't know what to expect, I've always used milk or gel-cleansers so this were something entierly new for me. I still don't really know how to get the right amount of this, so I've never really got the "cleansing-milk"-feel, more a softer scrub. Although I really like how my face feels afterwards. Since I am really sensitive to scrubs and such this is a good alternative since it is like a cleanser and a gentle scrub all in one. I have never tried this to take off make up since I don't think it would work at all concidering the consistency, I just use this after taking off my make up with make up remover cleansing cloths and my face feels soo soft afterwards! I haven't used this long enough to tell if it's done any difference on my skin, but I'll be sure to update you guys if I notice any changes :) All I can say now is that this is a good cleanser that softens the face immediatly!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by soclutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product 2 weeks ago not really expecting it to make any major change to my skin. Well, I've been using it everyday and my skin is not only softer, but it's more luminous. It isn't oily, but my skin has a natural and healthy glow. I used to scrub my face every other day and I'd still have flakes, but since using this product my skin is softer and smoother. It is not only soft to the touch, but by looking in the mirror my skin really does look smooth and even. The only thing I can;t stand about this product is how annoying it is to use. The consistency is like dried up putty that brittles because there is more moisture left. I feel like I waste a lot of product because I can never properly gage how much I will actually need. Besides the consistency of it, it is a fantastic cleanser and really balances out my combo/dry- combo/oily skin. I personally think you should buy it and split it between a few people or ask for a sample if you don;t feel like splurging at first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Over the summer I decided that instead of continuing to poison my system, and my skin, with chemicals and ingredients I could never hope to pronounce that I would completely trash my skincare routine at the time and go all natural.

However, walking into my newly opened LUSH I was definitely tentative. But, LUSH has AMAZING customer service and are completely willing to sit down with you for as long as possible to get a skincare routine specific to your needs. Having combo skin and persistent moderate acne I was suggested the following:
- Angels on Bare Skin
- Tee Tree Water Toner
- Vanishing Cream
- Greased Lighting
- Ocean Salt
(I HAVE REVIEWED ALL OF THESE)

I was immediately in love with this facial cleanser the most.

It looks to me a lot like some kind of whole grain cookie dough with lavender buds in it xD The way this smells is absolutely amazing. After using so many chemically things this was very refreshing. It does have a very earthy scent so if you are put off by that I would say stay away. But I love the herbal scent to this!

This is an exfoliating product, but definitely not as harsh as Ocean Salt. I use this every morning as I find the gentle exfoliation provides a much smoother base for my foundation to blend into. This also leaves my skin feeling very VERY soft and not stripped of moisture or dry at all. It is suggested for all skin types and I cannot help but agree! I have bought several containers of these for friends with every skin type and they all love it!

I have also found that through using this and the handful of other LUSH products my skin has improved DRASTICALLY. Ive suffered from moderate acne since 6th grade (I'm a senior now) and I cannot remember the last time my skin was this smooth and even. I do still have some spots but they are all healing quickly and with minimal scaring.

Here's a tip for keeping the product from being ruined, as it often does if you accidentally get water into the container. If you got a sample of it first, keep the tiny black sample container so when you buy it you can fill that with the cleanser and keep the rest in a cool, dry area and refill as needed. I tend to keep mine in the fridge to keep it fresher for longer, as most of the ingredients are natural.

For those of you ladies that found that this did not take off your makeup, it is not meant to do that. It doesn't say anything about it being a makeup removing product on their website, and if a sales person told you it would they were wrong. If you DO want a makeup remover from them, they carry two products called 9 to 5 and Ultra Bland.

I don't even care that it doesn't come in the cute black containers, it's what is on the inside that counts!

If you struggle from any kind of acne I would say go LUSH, because once you do you will never go back! BUT I would for sure get samples first to make sure you won't react to anything. And if you do buy something and it doesn't work LUSH is really great about returns and exchanges. If you dont have a receipt they will happily exchange for anything in the store and if you kept your receipt you will get a full refund, even if the product is half used!

FIVE LIPPIES ON THIS FOR SURE.

UPDATE: After many months of using this I am still LOVING it. I have probably bought almost an entire rolls worth xD

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

I have been using this product for about 2 years. Before I discovered this cleanser, I had suffered from severe cystic acne for 12 years. I had gone to a dermatologist and tried various topical creams, birth control pills (orthotricycline), and oral antibiotics/pills. My final option was Accutane, which I refused to use due to overall health concerns. When I was younger, I had very sensitive oily skin, but in recent years I've had sensitive combination skin.

I only discovered LUSH because a coworker dragged me into the store with her one night.. One of the gals at the store convinced me to try a LUSH regimen and gave me 2 weeks worth of samples: Angels on Bare Skin, Tea Tree Water (toner), and Vanishing Cream (moisturizer). Within a week, my skin had already started cleared up for the first time in my life. I'm so grateful to this product / to Lush that I've even taken the time to drag up old photos for you so I can show just how much my skin cleared up:

In the second two photos, I'm also wearing Bare Minerals original foundation, mineral veil, and and warmth bronzer.

PROS
--- gently exfoliates sensitive, acne-prone skin
--- did not cause break outs (for me, at least)
--- leaves skin feeling soft
--- easy to travel with because it's a solid cleanser!
--- $12 worth lasts for about 3 months (so about $4/month)

CONS
--- can spoil easily if you let water get into the container (avoid buying more than $12 worth and take a chunk off and store in a different container)
--- will not remove makeup
--- can be messy when you first buy it because it's a little stiff
--- comes in a crappy plastic tub

NOTE: If you want to try this, get a sample of it first. Lush is *very* generous with samples. If you ever do buy something from Lush and it doesn't work for your skin, don't be afraid to return it. It doesn't need to be a waste of money! They're very kind and understanding about returns and exchanges. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by suzyorchid

As an "overall cleanser" this is average, but if you use this for a very specific purpose, then it becomes a great cleanser, IMO. In other words, it's not great for all-purpose, 1-step use to take off all your makeup, and thoroughly clean your skin. However, it is AWESOME as a morning cleanser.

I only use this in the morning when my face is already clean. Its great at putting moisture and suppleness back into the face. I don't use it every morning...I tend to use it once a week or more if my skin is starting to feel a little dry and need some hydration. I love it because it exfoliates gently, but has properties that seem to soothe and relieve the skin. I especially like to use it when I feel that I also need a little more radiance.

I don't use it at night at all because I prefer my regular cleanser, which is used to remove the traces of makeup residue. For those who prefer or want to, you could use this after using a make-up specific cleanser. My guess is it would help to moisturize the skin and prep it even more for the nightly moisturizer.

Overall, I think its great for a specific purpose. A little goes a long way. Some people said it can be messy, which it can, but if you are able to do it in the shower, that should help but down the messiness.

I love this cleanser and would definitely repurchase. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because its not a HG cleanser that can do everything.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by LipbalmQueen

Eh, this product is just okay. I can definitely live without it. In fact, I'm going to return it this week. It exfoliates very well and that's about it. I have combination, acne-prone skin that is prone to some redness. To be honest, this cleanser makes my face red even long after using it. I also got quite a few blackheads after using this. It's also tough to apply, I hate trying to ball it up and make a paste. I'd rather just use my Cetaphil and call it a day.