December 20, 2014 | 988 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first bought this cleanser 5 years ago when Lush packaged their products in clear plastic tubs. My mum promptly threw it away in a panicked fit when she thought the lavender pieces were 'bugs' (-facepalm-) and I forgot about this cleanser for a few years. I rediscovered it on a Lush trip a year ago and so glad I did because it's pretty much my perfect cleanser and wish I'd been using it sooner - everything else either dries out my difficult sensitive/combination skin or just doesn't clean!
Costing 6.25 for 100g in a tub, it first resembles a lavender-scented gritty dough, not immediately what you'd want to put on your face. I use it in the shower, taking a pea-size amount or more between my fingers, running it under the water and massaging it all over my face with my hands or Clarisonic before wiping it all off with a warm damp cloth. My skin is then soft, clean, exfoliated and much happier.
The best part for my skin is the gentle exfoliation, delicately buffing off the dead skin and other junk from my face without rubbing it raw or drying it out. My skin seems to love the almond oil too, really calming it and neutralising any redness. Some people find that lavender oil irritates their skin, but I have very difficult skin and it doesn't bother mine.
Only a few negatives - the shelf life is around 3 months due to the natural ingredients and it's hard to get through the whole pot in that time. I keep mine until it starts smelling off as my current one is over a month past 'expiration' and still smells fine, same principle when I use their face masks. The packaging isn't ideal since the product turns to 'milk' when it gets wet so I have to be very careful in the shower not to soak the rest of the product. My preferred product for removing make up is Lush' Ultrabland cleanser, so I use that instead after wearing heavy makeup - before using Angels On Bare Skin I just use a face wipe to remove eye makeup and most of my foundation as this product is focused on cleaning and calming the skin rather than full makeup removal.
In general, this is a perfect 2-in-1 cleanser/gentle scrub for difficult skin and definitely worth a try, you might fall in love with it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by smgudan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my STAPLE CLEANSER!! I have used it for years! I have sensitive skin on the dry side, and this is the only exfoliator i can used that doesnt irritate my skin. It smells great and leaves my face so soft! I will use this product as long as LUSH makes it!! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This did nothing for my skin. Didn't even cleanse it that well either. Why is there lavender oil when it can be an irritant to some ugh. Anyways this cleanser is nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by FrancescaMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Don't know what to make of this. It does not cleanse very well, the lavender oil leaves a residue on skin. However it seems good on 'no-makeup' days when I can use as a mild cleanser. I'm not sure if the oil irritates my skin (usually oily products do not agree with me). Probably best to use a spoon or spatchula to remove product from container & avoid getting water in the tub at all costs.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It smells so nice with lavender and leaves a fresh feeling on my skin. Applying is a bit messy at first, but I got used to it. Though, I noticed it doesn't deeply cleanses my skin. I still had some BB cream on my face after I rinsed. I guess some make up removal is needed before using this cleanser.

The short expire date is a bit stressing, too. I wonder if I can finish it in time.

But overall, it's a nice cleanser, while not the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my staple exfoliator, it leaves my skin clean and so soft. It can be a little tricky to use but once you've got the hang of it its ok. It doesn't smell the best but it really works wonders on my skin leaving it glowing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A decent scrub, that is not irritating for me. I need to use it for a while and see if I break out, tho.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by traceyjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product isn't terrible but I only use it when my skin needs to be softly exfoliated and the packaging is not so good. It smells kind of weird. Many people might like this product but I don't think I will repurchase. However I will still experiment with their other products!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by BehindtheMayCup

I don't even know where to begin with this product..
I've been using this product since Cyber Monday( and today is 2-3-13 and the product expires 2-13-13), but a few weeks after using it I felt as if it was affecting my skin in a bad way so I discontinued using it and it just sat in a drawer for a month and a half. The thing with this cleanser, due to all the natural ingredients, is there is only a 3 month shelf life, and if you actually follow the pea sized amount I think you wouldn't be able to finish it in time, and a lot of product would be wasted. If you think you're going to have a problem with the shelf life storing it in the fridge can prolonge it. As it was just sitting in the drawer one day I came across it, and decided to use it again because my skin was itchy and flaky. I guess one of the reasons I stopped using it was the smell, at firt I couldn't get past the smell, but now I don't mind it and actually find it calming. I usually use this when I shower and I just take about 3 peas in size, and put it in the palm of my hand and put some water in it and mash it up until it has a milky consistency. Then I massage it into my face, very lightly because remember it's an exfoliant, for about 1 minute and let it sit on my face for about 3 minute while I do my deep conditioner for my hair. Then I wash it off and my face feels so amazing, and this is definitely super moisturizing. My skin is starting to really heal and restore itself. I just purchased a new pot and this time an 8.8 oz for about $30 dollars and I'm really excited. I originially had the 3.5 oz pot and it was $14 dollars. I absolutely believe it's worth the price. And if you're done with all those nasty chemical treatments I believe this is the cleanser for you. Some people even say it removes make up, which I've never tried because I pair this with my Purity Cleanser by Philosophy, so I can't really say. Overall, I LOVE this cleanser and it's definitely my HG cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I was on the Lush train in high school; I am 20 now and recently went back on the train but AOBS did not work out for my skin. I more so have uneven skin texture rather than acne. But I used this for a few nights after I took off my make-up with a gentle cleanser and my skin just looked more congested, pimply and ugly with this! I know this contributed to more pimples because this was the only thing I added to my skincare regimen (along with a couple nights with the Oatfix mask). It seems like it left a film on my skin, therefore causing blemishes. However the actual exfoliating bits are great, and not rough like traditional exfoliators. How do I explain this...like the dead skin is getting off of my face but it doesn't aggravate my skin...nonetheless, it made me break-out and I will not use it. I have Herbalism and I shall try that out and see how it fares.