July 22, 2014 | 1724 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by bobbictx

I like Vex a lot, and I don't normally like any eyeshadow. Few look good on me, and I hate frost/glitter, they always look horribly messy on me. However, this is a very nice color, and it's not too frosty or glittery. I was afraid it would be too frosty as many shadows seem to be, but it went on pretty nice.

Maybe my eyesight is bad, but I don't notice any pink or green in it. I'll look closer later.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by MakeupByGeneva

This is a beautiful pale green duochrome with a pink shimmer. This is why MAC is famous, because the colors are just phenomenal! This shadow looks great with greens , pinks, purples, even blues! Its so diverse and there are only positive things to say about this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

Firstly, I admit I tried the dupe for Vex first, which is the Kohl's Flirt! brand in Lime Light. I read on multiple sites that this is an exact dupe for Vex, so I used my coupon and got the cheaper version.

That being said, I can see how people would love this. However, it just doesn't work for me. I think that's because I'm so pale/fair, the slight greenish tint doesn't stand a chance of showing up. So it ends up as a beige/off-white color that covers my eyelid and has a pink reflect to it that's quite pretty, but isn't enough to make me keep the product. This buddy's going back. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Nilo

Oh MAC, I love how you play games. This is such an easy one to pass. I had friends rave about this shade and, when I went to check it out, I thought they were crazy. It looks like nothing in the pan. But on? The colors just start popping.

Seedy Pearl and Vex are the two MAC eyeshadows I'm never without. They blend so very well with different shadows. More than that, though, they're perfect for those days when I'm just dashing to the store or don't want to be bothered with blending or layering and just want to put on a wash of color.

Vex works extremely well with golds, browns, pinks, and greens.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by joeygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeshadow! I was watching top 10 videos on Youtube and this kept coming up so I thought I would check it out! This is one of those colours that is so easy to overlook as it does look boring in the pot but when you swatch it you can see the pink/green reflects and its amazing!
I actually love pairing this with MAC Shale in the crease for a simple but pretty look and I have had so many complements on it! It really opens up your eyes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

its e/s like vex that give mac its famous reputation. you just don't see colors like this anywhere else. i adore this e/s, its so sexy! its a gray color, with some beigy/silver, and then when you swatch it, or put it on your eyes also has a sea-foam green and a baby pink hue! so gorgeouss, this is obviously great paired with club, humid, or any green color. but you don't have to keep it in the green family. i love it with pinks, and i think it looks bomb with sketch and pink freeze. also im picking up the sugarsweet collections dear cupcake e/s and i bet it will be so pretty with that. this is also one of my fave brow highlighters too. if you have any questions about this one, let me know id be glad to talk to you bout it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

One of the most unique shadows I have in my stash! Vex is one that I think any MAC girl should own if for no other reason than it's unique-ness! Vex is a light taupe/grey in the pot .. but swiped on flashes light green and pink. it's incredibly gorgeous and very versatile! There are so many shade combinations that one can do with this shadow. It's incredibly beautiful! Rave from me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by briannedahlin

Vex is such a beautiful highlighter and a must have for my smokey eye look.

It looks very boring in the pan - you think it's going to go on grey, but it goes on very shimmery with pink tones. For this reason, I like to use it with Pink Opal and Carbon to create a black/smokey eye. It works well with other colors also and looks great on fair skin. Wonderful texture!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

In the pan Vex looks like a relatively flat pale grey-green. Swatch it on your hand, rub it across your hand and you will see the dimensions of this lovely pale lid shade, light enough to be used as an all-over shadow by those with darker skin tones (pas moi). Me, I'm very fair, a neutral NC/W 15 with olive eyes and dark hair, and this is becoming one of my most commonly used lid shades for many reasons.

Firstly, it's light enough to open up the eye without drowning it out and demanding a dramatic eyeliner/mascara look, though it does look good with that. Secondly, the neutral multichromatic (oyster green, satiny shell pink) shimmer makes it very wearable with nearly everything in my extensive shadow collection. On my eyelids the inner eyes tend to show off the pink, while the middle and outer eyelids appear more greenish-grey, all the while looking smooth and pale. It really reminds me of a bleached Patina. Vex is not too frosty or sparkly, like say "Expensive Pink", which IMHO, has too much shimmer in it's multichrome efforts. Thirdly, it wears well physically. Vex smooths over the lid in a nice, rich pigment and you don't need to pack it on. With primer it lasts all day, doesn't fade or wither and doesn't leave flecks under your eyes. A perfect shadow.

I wear this with plums (Mac Shale, Satin Taupe: SB Minx in outer V), Neutral browns (Mac Soba: Lise Watier Chocolat in outer V), with Dazzellight on the browbone. My favourite look is with Satin Taupe and Dazzellight. It does NOT look good with Shroom on the browbone - the warmth is too contrasting to Vex's neutrality.

As usual I got the pro-pan, so no packaging complaints. This one is easy to overlook. I did for eons, but am grateful there are treasures yet to be unearthed. It's now a staple in my collection.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

Have been through two pots of this. Pretty colour, great for all over eye colour with shale in the crease. Done.