Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

I agree with previous review. The All Soft made my hair look dull. The Color Extend does just that---keeps the color fresh! It can't stop the grey, but what can?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have found my HG shampoo and conditioner! I was using Redken's All Soft in the gold bottles and it is really the best shampoo and conditioner for my thick, fine damaged hair. The only problem was it fades color like crazy- I mean with one or two uses. Now I've found Redken's Color Extend- it makes my hair feel as soft and as shiny as the All Soft, but no fading. I have to wash daily, so this was a real problem before. This stuff is the best.

This is a nice shampoo but for color treated hair, it is nothing special. It has a great scent and is wonderfully creamy and lathers great. My stylist suggests it to extend my color. She swears by it and highly recommends it. I didn't notice ANY help with keeping the color in my hair. I won't buy anymore. After a year of using this, I started using another brand (not specifically for colored hair) but didn't tell my stylist. She say she could tell how well the Redken was working. NOT! What a joke.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This shampoo didn't seem to actually 'shampoo' my hair - meaning it felt greasy and looked very flat and dull afterwards. Like I hadn't washed it in a few days. It smells nice though, but it just doesn't work for me at all. A 'no' to repurchasing this or the matching conditioner.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this a while ago when my hair was a plummy-reddish dark brown. I usually love Redken, but this was a letdown big time. It would not lather (which is probably because it was supposed to be a gentler shampoo, I understand that) but I wasted so much product trying to get a minimal lather & even still my hair did not look or feel clean. I wanted to preserve my color, but I also wanted my hair to look clean - would never purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Would not purchase again. Bought at stylist's rec for extending color. Didn't do so and made my hair flat and limp. Yuck.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love this shampoo, and the conditioner, very much. Not sure about how it keeps the color intact, though I've never noticed any color keeping product do anything for the color my dyed hair, but I LOVE how my hair feels after using it. Very soft and I notice I touch my hair alot during the day after I've used it! Price for a huge bottle of this is really great too since I thought I'd fork out more than $20 like I do for individual shampoos and conditioners from Matrix. This also, as a perk, does not leave my hair feeling greasy at the end of the day like Matrix products do. In fact I can go my preferred two days of not washing my hair which is great. This will be one I reach for the most till/if , of course, find something better. ; )

I love the shampoo and conditioner! My hair is fine and color treated, and this makes it manageable and healthy looking. It never looks greasy and it also looks more volumized.

Tried this per my hair stylists suggestion. It's not what I had anticipated in that I don't think that it helped "extend" much if any life in the color that I sometimes have added to my own natural hair color. I was also hoping for a more moisturizing effect with this extend color shamp. that I didn't get from it. It's not the worst shampoo out there but I am certain that I will and can find a much better shampoo for color extending purposes out there. Redken is one of my regular lines from which I do make a lot of purchases from however this will not be a repurchase for me. I will say that with my very sensitive skin and scalp this Redken product didn't cause any adverse scalp/skin reactions & with sensitive skin that's definitely a "must" when purchasing/considering a product of any kind.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this, it makes my hair feel great. Sadly, the nice smell does not linger at all. This lathers well, rinses clean and feels weightless.