December 22, 2014 | 882 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Nail Enamel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent stuff. And that's coming from an OPI fan...

This - in Pink Nude, #900 - is now replacing my old love, OPI Passion. Like it, this is a natural YBB nail varnish: pale, slightly more rose than the Passion. What my mother would call "shell-pink." I call it my perfect pink.

I happened upon it almost by accident. I had drugstore points to spend (thanks Boots!). I also happened to have noticed that Revlon's basic nail-varnish range - "Nail Enamel" with the gold band, as opposed to the various others with more words on them - I'd noticed it was free of formaldehyde, toluene, and phthalates. And not tested on animals. Bingo.

Then the fond memories started to resurge, of a very nice Revlon sheer creamy nude shade, a long time ago, before I met OPI. Ah, the joy of exes. Hmmm.

Alas, no nudies here in Boots' limited available range. But some very nice pinks: Pink Nude (900), the lighter Sheer Blossom and Sheer Pink, and the subtly darker Sheer Rose. The Pink Nude is very slightly deeper, more blushing, than my usual OPI Passion. Sheer, light wash of colour, a cream without any pearlescence or sparkles Yes, this is definitely pink - but in a "healthy nail-beds" way. Mine are naturally a rather absurd shade of palest lavender. Sound sweet but looks daft when hand is seen next to other hands hanging on in vehicles of public transportation.

Wear - with a basecoat and topcoat - good so far. Easy to apply, one coat, quite sheer, no streaking or splodges or bubbles. Maybe that's more to do with having a base on? Dried fast; faster than my OPI. No chips or funky business.

Revlon's website has some other pale/sheer tones that look most enticing: Sheer Nude, Sheer Blush, Sheer Buff, and Light. Sheer Nude is the beauty I had before; my first true nude, ah the excitement of that first encounter with nakedness (close to my current nude, OPI's Samoan Sand). I digress: the others look like pleasing pale near-birthday-suits, with varying tinges of peach, pink, lilac, and coffee.

Other greats: Teak Rose - lovely everyday rose for toes. And various voluptuous blue-reds, perfectly possible on pale feet: Cherries in the Snow (pink/red; two coats goes well with Clinique Black Honey on lips), Vixen, and Raven Red. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2007 6:58:00 AM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I must be the only one who doesn't like Revlon nail polishes. My mum always buys Revlon so I bought some as well or I would use hers sometimes. I have about 3-4 bottles of my own, and they always, ALWAYS peel after 1-2 days. I don't know what went wrong, but I have used base coat, 2 layers of polish, and a top coat (all by Revlon) and they always peel right off. I don't do extraordinary things with my fingers.. Just normal housework like cooking, washing, etc. and they should be able to withstand these chores. I have often polished my nail one night and found them peeling the very next day. I'm speaking of numerous experiences, btw, not just once.

Unfortunately I will definitely steer clear of Revlon polishes in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 12:41:00 PM More reviews by chillo7

I am trying to go more natural with all my cosmetics, even nail polish. However, the main drawback to more natural nail polish is the limited color choices. So, for silver and light purple (the one I wore in my wedding), I am holding onto the chemically-laden Revlons. They have better durability than any nail polish I have tried, lasting as long as a week on fingers, and even longer on toes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2006 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ocicat

I have more Revlon polish than any other brand - ever since i've read the reviews from Choice magazine (independent testing team on various comsumer products)where they rated Revlon, Cover Girl and Maybelline above expensive brands like Chanel and Lancome.
its tried and true - these apply more easily and last longer than other drug store brands that i've tried. although some are better than others, but its the same with mascara - if its been on the shelf for a while, it'll be drier and not as good a product as a fresh batch. never buy something thats starting to separate, hoping some shaking will get it back together. it wont be very good no matter how much shaking...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 3:36:00 PM More reviews by LaBelleFemme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this polish. It is one of my favorites up there with Victorias Secret and OPI. I recently got it in Vixen and lllooovvve the color. It's a little more sheer than it looks in the bottle, but still goes on nicely with one coat. It's a purpley dark color that to me looks almost black.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2006 6:50:00 PM More reviews by goldensnake7

Goes on smooth, doesn't streak, and never gets clumpy, even if youve had it for years. Although it only has average staying power - the clear polish is no substitute for a proper topcoat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2006 2:28:00 PM More reviews by unseelie_fae

I think Revlon's nail polish is awesome. It's as good as Orly. The colors are rich, the staying power is good, no streaking. I have several colors and love them all. I will keep buying this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 10:33:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

Revlon nail polishes have never let me down. Well priced, great colours and long lasting polish. This is the stuff I use when I go away on vacation and don't want to have the hassle of repainting my toe nails and I know it will last at least 2 weeks without chipping. My favourite shade is Raven Red.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2006 5:29:00 PM More reviews by rieglerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really enjoy this polish in "valentine." this is the best red in my opinion! it's a deeper red, but not at all burgandy. goes with everything! a neutral red if you will. also...it stays on for days at a time, is great consistency, and dries at a decent rate. my favorite polish by far!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2006 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

I have this in Sandstone. Great deep reddish rusty-bronze metallic color. Goes on smooth with good coverage. You could get away with only using one coat. Although I do suggest a base coat as this does leave some staining behind if you don’t. Dry time is amazing for polish that’s not touted as “Quick Drying”