April 19, 2014 | 1898 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Nail Enamel

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2006 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ocicat

I have more Revlon polish than any other brand - ever since i've read the reviews from Choice magazine (independent testing team on various comsumer products)where they rated Revlon, Cover Girl and Maybelline above expensive brands like Chanel and Lancome.
its tried and true - these apply more easily and last longer than other drug store brands that i've tried. although some are better than others, but its the same with mascara - if its been on the shelf for a while, it'll be drier and not as good a product as a fresh batch. never buy something thats starting to separate, hoping some shaking will get it back together. it wont be very good no matter how much shaking...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 3:36:00 PM More reviews by LaBelleFemme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this polish. It is one of my favorites up there with Victorias Secret and OPI. I recently got it in Vixen and lllooovvve the color. It's a little more sheer than it looks in the bottle, but still goes on nicely with one coat. It's a purpley dark color that to me looks almost black.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2006 6:50:00 PM More reviews by goldensnake7

Goes on smooth, doesn't streak, and never gets clumpy, even if youve had it for years. Although it only has average staying power - the clear polish is no substitute for a proper topcoat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2006 2:28:00 PM More reviews by unseelie_fae

I think Revlon's nail polish is awesome. It's as good as Orly. The colors are rich, the staying power is good, no streaking. I have several colors and love them all. I will keep buying this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 10:33:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

Revlon nail polishes have never let me down. Well priced, great colours and long lasting polish. This is the stuff I use when I go away on vacation and don't want to have the hassle of repainting my toe nails and I know it will last at least 2 weeks without chipping. My favourite shade is Raven Red.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2006 5:29:00 PM More reviews by rieglerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really enjoy this polish in "valentine." this is the best red in my opinion! it's a deeper red, but not at all burgandy. goes with everything! a neutral red if you will. also...it stays on for days at a time, is great consistency, and dries at a decent rate. my favorite polish by far!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2006 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

I have this in Sandstone. Great deep reddish rusty-bronze metallic color. Goes on smooth with good coverage. You could get away with only using one coat. Although I do suggest a base coat as this does leave some staining behind if you don’t. Dry time is amazing for polish that’s not touted as “Quick Drying”

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 5:06:00 PM More reviews by KMA1

I have been painting my nails for 27 years (seriously, I think I have gone maybe 1 week without painting them) and Revlon polish is my favorite. I like the colors of the regular line (I have Plum Baby on right now, and adore it) but the aluminum-foil looking ones, not so much. It lasts about 2 weeks for me (I use base/top coat) and the only issue I have with it is actually my own fault, doing my nails before I go to bed and getting pillow-prints sometimes. I have always wanted to try OPI, their colors are pretty but they seem expensive so I have not tried them yet. So for now and for a quite a while now, Revlon is and has been my HG of nail polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2006 11:48:00 PM More reviews by riotingpacifist

I LOVE Revlon polishes. There isn't a terribly rainbow selection (which may be the line's only downfall) but the colors they do have are great. I find these are the only polishes that look good with one coat, and they do the best for me and the way I apply polish (I've never had a bubble or a streaky coat). Right now I have on Hushed Blush, which is a pretty apricotty color. I was looking for a d/s version of MAC polish in Summery and I turned to this, it's not quite Summery, but I actually like it a lot. The only ones I'm not fond of are the color beam sheers, the colors are SO pretty, but they never end up looking anything like in the bottle (usually I find the color you see in the bottle is pretty close to what you get on your nails) so I've given up hope on them. But seriously. Revlon rocks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Shyanne

The reason I bought this nail polish is because it's one of only about 3 nail polish lines that don't contain DBP, tolune or formaldehyde all toxic ingredients.
I've been painting my nails for years so I've learned how to avoid chips.
Most of you complained that it took too long to dry, when really all nail polishes truly take about an hour, its surface just seems dry.
And extra coats of polish are needed if you want any color to last.