April 17, 2014 | 1870 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by just55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this about a month ago. Mainly because I simply had the itch to spend some money. I went to Neimans and was looking at La Mer. I was of course not interested in their skincare because I am thrilled with my Benzaclin and Chanel, so really the only things I could have purchased were one of the body treatments or the lip balm, I was not about to drop $100 on a body scrub or body lotion, but I did decided to buy the lip balm for $45. The packaging is cool. But I wish is came in a tube or something. But whatever, I love it. I exfoliate my lips after I get out of the shower and then I apply this, it sinks right in, it feels divine. i love it. I think the pot will last quite a while. I love this. I apply it at night and in the morning, my lips are sooooooooooo soft. Nothing has been able to repair my lips like this stuff. Excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Lienke

I love lip balms. I usually carry a few around with me. I bought this in february after reading some raving reviews about it.
The first night I applied it my lips began to tingle due to the mint, but it was a pleasant feeling. The next morning my lips felt utterly smooth.
I love this lip balm, I usually use it before I go to bed so it can do its trick during the night. It really softens your lips and after spending a whole day out in the sun this is just what your lips need.
It's indeed expensive but I think it justifies the cost, it will last a long time since you don't need that much to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by newyorkshopper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best lip balm out there! It has saved my lips on multiple occasions. I only use it at night since the pot drives me crazy to use during the day so it lasts me for well over a year. Smells and tastes great too. Try it over the Chanel Ultra Correction treatment and you will be amazed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by leblackswan

This is the best lip balm I have ever used, and in the past 10 years or so I have tried everything from Lip Smacker's (I was a teenager) to Helena Rubenstein. The scent, the taste, and the effect it has on my lips when I apply a thin layer and leave it on overnight is incredible. Even during the winter, all i have to do is use it one or two nights a week and I'm set!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Melody_Yue_Wu

Absolutely the best lip treatment/balm I've ever used!! I used to have very sensitive lips, during winter time one year, it was flaking and dry so bad that my lips were hurting and swollen, and they were sensitive to anything I put on them. I've tried many balms that claimed to be moisturizing and mild, but whatever they had in it just made my lips worse. I had gone to see the doctor too and whatever he prescribed didn't seem to help much either. Until one day, my husband (then boyfriend) found this for me. As soon as I put some on, OMG, it instantly felt like a velvet coat of very light mint protector packed with moisturzing agent, my lips were felt so shield and relieved!! It's absolutely non-sticky, not heavy, and lasts a long time so you don't need to reapply it like others. In fact, I just use is twice a day and that's enough! Since I discovered this, I've not been able to find ANYTHING better! It's been almost two years since my first purchase, and I'm only on my second pot, so I think the price is well worth it, especially for the relief your lips will feel. Go try it if you have sensitive lips like mine! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

After hearing that this product landed on InStyle's Best Beauty Buys 2009 list, I ran out to the store to get a pot during my lunch hour. If there's anything missing in my routine, it's a good lip balm.

I've been using it for the last week and I have to say, I love it! The packaging is minimal and the actual product looks small for the money, but I can see it lasting for a good 4-6 months with proper care/use. It's a very thoughtfully designed slim pot of lip balm that will fit in your purse or pocket.

I have a constant problem of dry, chapped, flaky lips (even sitting inside an office most hours of the weekday). Once I patted this balm on, I haven't haven't had dry lips since. I can actually see my lips and what they are supposed to look like. I've been applying this at night as well for my before bedtime routine and I wake up with amazingly moisturized lips. I'm sold!

I definitely recommend this as a buy. The cost averages out to a modest price with the duration of the product. Make sure to apply it according to the directions (dab it on the lips, not smear it this way and that).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2009 4:03:00 AM More reviews by dezzilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i won't buy this balm again even though i love it. it glides on nicely, makes my lips soft and smooth for a few hours. However, $45 a pop is too much. There are much better lip balms out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

The La Mer balm leaves much to be desired (for me during the spring/summer months). I actually prefer Tarte's balms for the lighter weather. I'm readjusting my review for the simple reason that during the autumn/winter months this was the balm I went to to keep my lips from getting chapped and it worked wonders. So, I'll wear this for two seasons out of the year. IDK if anyone notices a difference in their usage...but I definitely do!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by batlet2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My chapped, flakey lips are no more thanks to this rather expensive, yummy smelling lip balm.
Packaging is lovely too it came in a gourgeous box and pot is slim and flat and easy to fit in your pocket or bag! Origins perfect world lip balm is in pretty much the same pot but the product inside is no where near as nice to use or as good as this.
Yep its expensive I mean 32.00 for a 9g pot is a hell of a lot of money but I love products and had to try it after the brilliant reviews I had read on here and in magazines. If you want to treat yourself to a luxury product then get this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by xcrowx22

I'm a balmaholic. I try everything I can get my hands on. This balm was recommended to me a few years back, and was described as being "the best balm ever". I wasn't too thrilled about paying so much for a lip balm, but because it's difficult for me to find lip balms that actually do anything for me, I figured it was worth a shot.

And boy, was I right.

I've been using this product for a few years now, and I have yet to find something as amazing (and believe me -- I try). It's soothing, moisturizing, smells great, tastes decent, light on the lips, and my lips are the softest they've ever been. What more can I ask for? It's the only lip balm I've repurchased (not once, not twice, not three times, but FOUR times now), and while it is expensive, it's not the most expensive product out there and it's well worth it.

The only thing that would make this even better is if it came in a tube. But beggers can't be choosers. ;D