October 20, 2014 | 2009 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by tamama25

This is my fav product from La Mer, I use to have really dry lips and they often chap from time to time. I put this on as a night treatment just before I go to bed. It really works, my lips felt very soft and moisturised the next morning. I've been using it for the past 3 weeks and I no longer have dry lips anymore. It is expensive but I really recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Wendiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved this lip balm. I've bought three jars...wanted to make sure that I had one at all times; however, I found that it does not work well in cooler/drier climates. I live in South Florida. It's pretty humid here. I am always on a plane...works well there. I spent a month in a drier climate and it didn't work at all....when challenged. My lips were swollen and bleeding. It was quite embarassing. I suggest you find something cheaper and more effective. That's what I did.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by deblog

This is a great lip treatment and works well but I really dislike having to put my fingers into it. I'd prefer a stick gloss just seems more sanitary.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by crimsonmai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lip balm despite how expensive it is. It's the only one I've found that can last for hours from a single application and will leave your lips feeling softer than when you first applied it. The only drawback that I could find is that it contains parabens. I know some people don't really mind them, and if you're one of those then you should definitely give this lip balm a try.

Being the paranoid person that I am though I'm still debating whether or not I should buy this product again. If it weren't for the parabens it would definitely be my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by natashaogle

This does everything it claims to do but I prefer a heavier lipbalm.
This is extremely lightweight and thin on my lips, which means re-application after eating and drinking. For this reason I only use this at bedtime.

My only complaint about this balm is that it doesn’t stay put. :o(

I prefer my Lanolin lip ointment, which seems to give better hydration and lasts all day.

Ingredients: Petrolatum, octyldodecanol, microcrystalline wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, phenyl trimethicone, polyglyceryl-10 pentaoleate, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, seaweed extract, emerald, algae extract, tourmaline, sesame oil, eucalyptus oil, sesame seeds, alfalfa seeds, sunflower seeds, powdered almonds, sodium-potassium-copper-calcium-magnesium and zinc gluconate, vitamin e succinate, niacin, fish protein, castor oil, phytosphingosine trehalose, polybutene, tocopheryl acetate, cholesterol, glyceryl distearate, purified water, glycerin, menthyl pca, oleic acid, palmitic acid, sodium saccharin, fragrance, sorbitan sesquioleate, calcium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate, bht propylparaben, blue 1 lake, yellow 5 lake.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by dededa80

I thought I would really love this product...but for the expensive price tag it didn't really deliver the results. I think a generic brand lip balm could've provide the same results..... I will not purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by just55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this about a month ago. Mainly because I simply had the itch to spend some money. I went to Neimans and was looking at La Mer. I was of course not interested in their skincare because I am thrilled with my Benzaclin and Chanel, so really the only things I could have purchased were one of the body treatments or the lip balm, I was not about to drop $100 on a body scrub or body lotion, but I did decided to buy the lip balm for $45. The packaging is cool. But I wish is came in a tube or something. But whatever, I love it. I exfoliate my lips after I get out of the shower and then I apply this, it sinks right in, it feels divine. i love it. I think the pot will last quite a while. I love this. I apply it at night and in the morning, my lips are sooooooooooo soft. Nothing has been able to repair my lips like this stuff. Excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Lienke

I love lip balms. I usually carry a few around with me. I bought this in february after reading some raving reviews about it.
The first night I applied it my lips began to tingle due to the mint, but it was a pleasant feeling. The next morning my lips felt utterly smooth.
I love this lip balm, I usually use it before I go to bed so it can do its trick during the night. It really softens your lips and after spending a whole day out in the sun this is just what your lips need.
It's indeed expensive but I think it justifies the cost, it will last a long time since you don't need that much to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by newyorkshopper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best lip balm out there! It has saved my lips on multiple occasions. I only use it at night since the pot drives me crazy to use during the day so it lasts me for well over a year. Smells and tastes great too. Try it over the Chanel Ultra Correction treatment and you will be amazed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by leblackswan

This is the best lip balm I have ever used, and in the past 10 years or so I have tried everything from Lip Smacker's (I was a teenager) to Helena Rubenstein. The scent, the taste, and the effect it has on my lips when I apply a thin layer and leave it on overnight is incredible. Even during the winter, all i have to do is use it one or two nights a week and I'm set!