August 30, 2014 | 1750 users online

Scrubs - Mary Kay - Micro-dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2005 12:53:00 AM More reviews by DaisyPink

This kit is AMAZING! I have bad skin and this microdermabrasion kit has worked wonders! I have tried everything from dermotologist and off the shelf and nothing has improved the texture of my skin. I tried a sample and couldn't believe how great my skin looked. It was really smooth and fresh looking. Then, I broke out, which is actually normal because all scrubs bring out your impurities. I bought the kit and I couldn't be happier with the results. I don't break out like I use to and I don't wear makeup on my face anymore...not even powder. I use this kit about every 3 days. I actually feel like I look younger! Make sure you wear sunscreen, which I'm sure you already do! This kit brings out your "new" skin and it needs to be protected.
If you have acne prone skin: I use the kit along with Mary Kay's Acne Treatment Gel and I'm practically break out free!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2005 6:02:00 PM More reviews by lishka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this several times now on my dry, very sensitive skin and I love it! The plugged pores on my nose are visibly smaller (I honestly never thought that was possible!) and my skin is smoother. Because of my sensitive skin, I'm careful to make sure my face is quite wet before I start and I scrub gently everywhere except my nose (which can take more pressure, and frankly, needs more).

I have had compliments on my skin since I started using this a few weeks ago. I'll be 35 soon and someone just told me I look like I'm in my 20s. I don't know if that's good genes and sunscreen or if this product has helped, but I'll take it! I'm not wild about the serum, but I do use it and then apply my regular, heavier moisturizer afterwards. If you have normal or oily skin, the serum would probably be just right for you; I just need a bit more moisture. I bought this on eBay and I'm really satisfied. I'll definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 11:21:00 PM More reviews by walljoy

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is utterly fantastic! I have used this microdermabrasion system a few times now and find that it really delivers! It is easy to apply, easy to rinse off, and easy to store. The results after rinsing this off are super! My skin has a healthy level of dryness, smoothness, and an overall even texture. Skin also glows the next day after treatment. I also noticed that over time, facial lines really are less visable. I opted to get the serum that accompanies the microdermabrasion formula and find it to be very nice. It is lightweight, absorbs easily, and gives an overall nice smooth feel to the face. I have also been using the Neutrogena microdermabrasion system for some time and so can easily compare the two brands. If asked to choose between the two, I would pick Mary Kay, hands down! The price is a bit steep but it is really nice stuff. I requested a sample size of this Mary Kay microdermabrasion system before purchasing the full size product and was completely impressed the very first time I used it! I phoned my Mary Kay representative immediately to order the full set! By the way, it comes in a beautiful, fine textured pouch/bag with ribbons that tie into a sweet bow...a delicate, feminine touch! I highly recommend this product if you are looking for a good microdermabrasion system because it makes a remarkable healthy looking difference in your skin when you use it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2005 3:37:00 PM More reviews by machella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is horrible. Gave me a major break out. Be careful if you have sensetive skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2005 2:52:00 PM More reviews by sabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this for free from my mother in law who sells MK. I'm always looking for new skincare stuff and I love scrubs. This stuff is pretty good. My skin feels so soft after I use this. I would recommend but I'm not sure about the price. It's pretty expensive. We'll see...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2005 11:58:00 PM More reviews by QueenB2784

I received a sample of this and was reluctant to try it because scrubs tend to break me out. I am so glad I broke down and tried it. This is the best stuff I have ever used and I could see a visible difference in my skin. My make up went on smoother and I only used bronzer not the usual powder then bronzer routine. My cheeks had a glow and the zits I had looked better as did the scars. Will definitely buy, if not from ebay, from my representative. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2005 8:16:00 PM More reviews by nanie82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first use this product from a sample and it was amazing! Quickly bought the full size product and I use it once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2005 1:04:00 PM More reviews by jednak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing! I'm 25, combo, extremely acne-prone skin. I've been using it for about a month and I use it 3 X per week in the morning. My skin is clear and smooth and my make-up goes on so much better. I was a little skeptical about using the serum, but I noticed it was oil-free and it hasn't broken me out. It's very lite and feels wonderful on your skin. I'll definitely be repurchasing this wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2005 12:01:00 PM More reviews by vblanchard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YES!!! yes yes yes- first got a sample in the mail,and after the first use loved it so much, and saw immediate improvement -texture of my skin was amazingly silky and my makeup application the next day just glided on, and clearly could see smoother flawless skin.....of course since I really dont do the scrub thing very often - never found anything that made a difference except that with other scrubs my face was actually dryer and caused breakouts....not with this though! The improvement from that one application lasted almost a week, and once I saw the results fading actually dug the empty sample out of my bathroom trash and scraped the rest out to use again!!!! After purchasing my own full sized kit - yea, the 50 bucks isnt my idea of fun, but boy, this is worth it. I did notice after 3rd time, face broke out a little, but I waited a week before using again, and never have had a problem since - using about 2 times a week- you will definately get spoiled ( at least I am) and will never be without this - glad to know in the other reviews that this is better than the neutrogena microbrasion kit for I was curious about that - now I know to just stick with this - anyone having problems with breakouts - from what I hear, this sometimes happens even after professional treatments - it doesnt actually "cause" them, rather it brings up to the surface what was already way down deep - after the intial clear out - and limiting use to 2wice a week or so, this should resolve - anymore than that, then you are likely just wasting this expensive product and causing unnecessary irritation - but this is definately a must have for just about everyone! NOTE - after about 6 weeks or so, I find that once a week is actually just fine - and I still have plenty of product, so I am guessing that this is going to last quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2005 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sugamunki

OMG- i am in LOVE!
background:
acne sufferer with combo/dry, flaky skin. fairly sensitive to soem facial chemicals and very sensitive to cheap facial scrubs (the kernal stuff and that nature. I've had multiple at-home "microdermabrasion" kits and I also used to have dermabrasion done professionally.

I have had this product sicne it came out and have been too nervous to try it due to previous sensitivity to home scrubbing attempts. Lastnight before goign out I had some dried up acne and flaky skin around my nose and reluctantly was desperate to try anything- I decided to try out the set- As soon as I put it into my hands I could tell it was Extremely fine micro-dust sized exfoliators (rather than a sparse amount of large, jagged chunks I am accustomed to in such kits) I rubbed it on and it felt AMAZING! I was very gentle and worked slow and I think it said to rinse after a minute but it felt so nice I just put a little moisturizer on my fingers and massaged it into my face and neck an extra minute and then was afraid to rinse it off. usually my sesnsitivity kicks in when I rinse facial masks/scrubs off- then I feel my stripped skin sapped of all life... but after sitting around a few minutes I realized it must come off for me to go to dinner- I rinsed and was just AMAZED at the SMOOTHNESS! as I rinsed and even after! But I quickly applied the satiny light moisturizer which I assumed wouldn't be enough moisture so i had my normal mositurized ready to apply and realized I didn't need it! The moisturizer second step Totally prepped my skin for make-up without being rich and fatty- it was a liquidy smooth satin -feeling moisture and it felt Great. I went to bed lastnight with lotion on rather than acne meds and woke up with just Amazing skin. I felt very happy about myself lastnight and the almost flawless make-up application I pulled off (I forced my boyfriend to touch my face.) I had 5 hrs of sleep lastnigth and my cheeks are just glowing. I love this product. (sorry if you actually managed to read all the way to this point.)

Btw, I will update if any acne flares up in the next 72 hours :)
♥ kandi