April 19, 2014 | 1915 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by eaglecheergirl7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff. I use it everyday by the recommendation of my stylist. I notice that my hair feels so much healthier and a lot less frizzy since I have been using it too. It lasts forever! I have been using it for 11 months and I am still on the same bottle. You only need about 1-2 pumps each time. It gives your hair a nice "clean" or "fresh" scent too. This is now a staple of mine! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by melbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't find this to be the ultimate blow-dry lotion: I find it to be the ultimate blow-dry then flat-iron lotion! I use this and then blow-dry, and although my hair is softer, it's still frizzy. But after I flat-iron, my hair is like silk! I tried to skip this lotion and just blow-dry and iron, but my hair didn't look as shiny and wasn't as soft. So I keep a small tube of this stuff on hand at all times. And I have to say that this is the best-smelling hair product I've ever used. It's so clean-smelling yet a little sweet, too. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 5:55:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this potion, it leaves your hair shiny and healthy looking without weighing it down (I know, someone already told you that, but I think it's worth repeating, for it's true). I also use it when I let my hair air dry

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 2:10:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

This is my favorite product to use on damp hair before blowdrying straight! It makes my hair smooth and shiny without weighing it down. Thanks to Marlena_M for recommending it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2007 12:09:00 AM More reviews by nmone84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the small 1oz tube of this (and the Redken 12 align) at ULTA to give them a shot because I have been having frizz and flyaway problems lately (I have been blow drying just about every day as opposed to just once a week in the past and the effects of it are really starting to show). I have thick hair thats normal in texture and is a few inches past my shoulders - I use about a quarter-sized amount of this before I blow dry and it does...absolutely nothing. I don't know if maybe I'm not using enough of it but it really doesn't make any difference for me - its as if I didn't use anything at all. I'll try using a little more and see if it helps (if it does, I'll update this). If not, no way I would purchase it again. I do love how it smells though - thats one good thing!
On another note, if anyone has similar problems with their hair (flyaways, frizzies and some breakage as well) I would really really appreciate any and all suggestions on some products that work well for this (just contact me on here). Again, I would appreciate it more than you know - my hair is driving me nuts! lol

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2006 5:56:00 AM More reviews by moonlite51

This product is ok, but too heavy for me (fine and straight hair). when i use hair dryer, it makes my hair becomes unruly, probably because my hair dryer isn't the best quality. it's good to detangle my hair after shampooing though.

I prefer Liss control Smoothing control gel cream from L'oreal Pro tecni.art, it's cheaper and works better for me. i can apply it and don't have to blow dry my hair to get the smooth result that i want.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2006 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They don't call this the ultimate blow dry lotion for nothing! This stuff is the best I have found for blow drying my hair. I've tried other products that leave me disappointed. Serums (like Smooth Down Heat Glide) are tricky for me because too much and my hair is greasy... too little and my hair is like straw and I get tons of breakage. I can honestly say this lotion impresses me every single time I use it. I've found nothing that leaves my hair so soft, so shiny and so bouncy. I have baby fine, naturally curly hair that's about half-way between my shoulders and bra strap and I blow dry about 5 times a month. I get ridiculous breakage using any other product but with Redken's SatinWear Ultimate Blow Dry Lotion I can look in my bathroom sink and count the broken hairs on one hand (if I use anything else, I have to use a scientific calculator! LOL). This is a consistent performer and I will most definitely repurchase! continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by tracita

A magazine just sent a full-size of this to me as a freebie. I didn't have high hopes but I was pleasantly surprised. It doesn't have a fantastic scent like my beloved Fekkai products but it does deliver. My hair (fine but thick, highlighted and shoulder-length) looks shiny and feels very soft and healthy after a pump of this cream and a blowdry. It seems bouncy too...I feel like I should be in a commercial :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2006 12:04:00 PM More reviews by fabae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I can't say how much it does to keep frizz at bay (I use Fresh Hair Creme for that), but the Satinwear makes my hair really soft and tangle-free after blowdrying. Doesn't weigh it down or feel greasy either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

My stylists swears by Satinwear blow-dry lotion and Smooth Down straightening serum as the ultimate hair straightening combination. She mixes 3-5 pumps of satinwear with 2-3 pumps of smooth down and blow dries with a round brush and always has amazing results- which is why I bought Satinwear. I do feel like I'm preventing heat damage but prefer the combination Satinwear and Bumble and Bumble straight. I'm almost out of my bottle, which I got over a year ago, and probably won't rebuy.