August 29, 2014 | 1678 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - j'adore

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this fragrance for my undergraduate graduation. You something to remember the day and what a better way to remember a day with a fragrance like J'adore. Smells feminine and luxe. What I do not like of this fragrance is the staying power of it. Is has a good punch of floral notes like rose, orchid and Champaca Flowers with a Mandarin touch. As the hours pass it dries softer and softer leaving the skin with some slight floral notes bathed in what it seems to be champagne scent.

Edit: I like the scent but I do not think is worth the money if it does not have a good staying power on my skin.

I use this fragrance during special occasions because on how it stays in my skin. And I tried to use during nightime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is one of my favourites... a sophisticated floral that is unashamedly feminine.
The bottle is distinctive and quite dramatic looking - I have the shimmering body oil as well and the curvier bottle with a shorter lid looks just as lovely beside the elegant EDP. The scent itself has a distinctive rose note that really stands out to me but is not nearly as overpoweringly rosey as say, Paris (which is quite lovely in its own right) but nicely offset by more subtle notes, perhaps magnolia and ylang ylang. There seems to be a a sort of fruity mid note, but it's nothing sweet like raspberry or pineapple (much as I love fresh pineapple, I don't ever want to smell like one, LOL!)... maybe ripe nectarine or perhaps plum tinged with the faintest whiff of something softly musky in the base.
This is a romantic, girly (but not frothy or frivolous), classy and simply gorgeous fragrance that can be worn to the office, to weddings or even just to do the vacuuming (yes, I do that!). I have gone through several bottles already and would love to see a gold shimmery fragrant body cream so I can get that glow Charlize Theron has in the print ads, LOL!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by maquillagequeen

When this was released, it was my absolute favorite perfume. Then throughout those 10 or so years since then I have experimented with so many types of perfumes. I love the Editions de parfums Carnal Flower and other more artistic high end types, but to a non-perfume lover they are too strong and obvious. Then last year I was wasting time at the Duty Free shop in the airport and noticed the tiny Parfum version of J'adore.... This more intense concentration must preserve the original notes of the perfume. It is incredible how amazing this perfume is without alcohol dilution. For me there is a tremendous difference!!! In the pure Parfum version, its beauty and uniqueness really shines and seems much less common and mass-marketed than the Eau de parfum. If you are a J'adore lover, if you haven't, you must try the parfum...You will be in love all over again!! Unfortunately, it is pretty difficult to find. If someone manages to find it in a convenient place, please, let me know!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Tori67

One of my favorite fragrances on earth! It is elegant, and understated, and it lasts and lasts. I get so many compliments on this perfume when I wear it. It is a bit pricy (it is from Dior, after all), but I would say well worth the splurge. Truly a classic!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Cherry_blossom

I have the large bottle of this fragrance and it is definitely a classic. It is very elegant and feminine, and I used to love it!! Unfortunately with time, I started getting migranes whenever I have this on (it may be a little too strong for me). :-( My mom had a bottle herself and she ran out, so I gave mine to her instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i wholeheartedly understand that opinion upon perfume varies among people, but personally i prefer a sweet/candy or even can be something smells fresh clean or something that reminds us with a young innocent girl. but this perfume is way to feminine for me. for me it is almost like a scent from a witch(well i dont know how to put it, but it is an insanely intense/almost killing according to me)....anyway, i dont feel quite comfortable when i used this although i get compliments quite often for it. but still i am not fond for this scent. i d o prefer something does not suffocate me(i dont use a lot. it is the scent itself smells incompatible and almost taking over everything)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by laurenmf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not bad smelling, but holy headache! This stuff makes me nauseous!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 6:59:00 AM More reviews by SB80

I love this perfume. Makes me feel happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the most memorable perfume I have ever smelled. I know that in the "Book of Perfumes" it's listed as an office perfume (meaning discrete) but I don't see it that way. The deep note it leaves after a day of wearing it is one that always keeps me in a good mood, and I always notice it. It's impossible for me to confound it with any other perfume. It's unique. I hope they keep this formula forever and that they never change it!
Je l'adore vraiement!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrances. Very sexy, girly, and fresh. I love the gold look and the bottle design. Has a tiny bit strong scent to it, but it also smell like you just came out of the shower. Feel so silky wearing it. I love this scent and would buy it again if i run out. It can be pricey but it well worth it.