April 20, 2014 | 943 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Imperialis

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by mjnhgb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The SA at Lush insisted I get Shangri-La over this (I wonder why?) but this actually worked a lot better on me. I've been looking for a good face moisturizer for what feels like forever and this one comes pretty close. It moisturizes well without getting too greasy and it gives my skin a healthy glow. I've heard other moisturizers advertise a 'healthy glow', but it usually means there's some sort of tint to it. This does not give any color. It just makes my face look healthier and rosier. I also love the smell. It smells a little bit like orange blossoms. We used to have an orange tree in our backyard and this scent reminds me of the smell that would waft around in our backyard when it was breezy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2007 8:20:00 AM More reviews by sammybee

Great daytime moisturizer for combination skin. Leaves me with soft, supple skin with no greasy residue. The trick is to use a very small amount and give it about 10 minutes to really sink into the skin before applying primer/foundation. The scent is also very pleasant, slighty fruity.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by michistar

This is one of my first LUSH items and I am extremely impressed. I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin that has been going through an adjustment phase with TAZORAC gel (RX retinoid). I use this in conjuntion with my DHC deep cleansing oil and LUSH Fresh Pharmacy cleanser and I have found that it has helped balance out my skin (dry and oily spots) very nicely. I normally break out from moisturizers and as a result rarely use them, but I must say this is one of the first moisturizers in years I have been able to use.
Ingredients: Lavender Infusion (Lavendula hybrida), Mullein Leaf Infusion (Verbascum thapsus), Orange Blossom Water (Citrus dulcis), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Tiger Lily Extract (Lilium candidum), St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum), Elderflower Extract (Sambucus nigra), Sweet Violet Extract (Viola odorata), Sunflower Petal Extract (Helianthus annuus), Alkanett Extract (Alkanna tinctoria), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2007 3:57:00 AM More reviews by discodollies

this moisturizer was pretty nice, but it was hard for me to get over the length it too to actually soak in to my skin. i am not much of a fan of waiting for my skin to dry from moisturizers, so i guess thats my problem with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by nata_lilie

I may be a little hasty with this review but I love the moisturizer sooooo much I had to write about it. I've only been using for about a week but when I started using a more moisturizing cleanser (Lush's-AOBS) I wanted a slightly lighter cream than what I was using (Olay classic cream). The smell of this cream caught me off guard at first but like most herbaly things, it's growing on me. It is meant for combo skin and I find it does a wonderful job of balancing my complexion. My (face) cheeks are now as soft as a baby's bum.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2006 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Sparklefade37

I got this about 4 days ago, it smells really nice. It moistureizes well on my dry spots and it doesnt get too greasy on my oily spots. It goes on nice, i use it right after my tea tree water toner and only use a tiny bit and rub it into my face wet with the toner. according to the Lush lady she said doing it this way will help seal in all of the good things in the toner and cleanser to help heal my acne.

I havent seen much of an improvement yet as far as my acne goes, but its only been a couple days, I would probably buy it again after I use this one for a while longer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2006 4:38:00 AM More reviews by LittleGhost

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The smell isn't great but this is a great light weight lotion for me in the summer for my combo skin. I would definitely repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by CindyBart

This is a nice, light moisturizer with a very subtle scent. It applies easily, without tugging at my skin, and the moisturizing effects last for quite a while. Since it's such an all-around, anywhere, anytime cream, I tend to keep it on my vanity table (instead of in the bathroom with most of my moisturizers) where I can use it for quick touchups. The only reason I probably won't buy this again is that my skin is getting drier (and older) and I should get stronger stuff now.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by aleusha

I purchased this product for $21.45 for 45 grams after trying out a sample of it. I really like the scent and the natural ingredients (lavendar, orange blossom, etc.). It is a bit pricey for such a small container, but a little bit goes a long way. I don't find this moisturizer to be very greasy, and it is light enough for my oily spots yet heavy enough for my dry spots (I have combination skin). The container is not the best packaging-wise, but that is expected with LUSH. Overall, this is a pretty good moisturizer that does it's job and it doesn't upset my sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2006 9:25:00 PM More reviews by camillee

It's strange consistency, smell and mattifying effect didn't bother me, as long as I haven't realized after a month that the unusual and huge cysts and zits on my face are caused by this innocent-looking cream.