November 28, 2014 | 1956 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Imperialis

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

LUSH's "Imperialis" is a regal moisturizer - it's difficult for me to describe how comfortable and happy this cream makes my skin feel, I had been always advised to stay away from products containing oils due to my oily-combination skin. "Oils", they said, "will break you out. Purchase oil-free products". LUSH's products taught me that oil itself is not my enemy, "Imperialis" was a gamble which eventually made a positive impact on the way my skin behaves and feels. "Imperialis" is my night cream, which I apply after LUSH's "Coal Face" and Clinique's Clarifying Toner 3. The scent of the moisturizer is wonderful and fragrant for bedtime, a fresh, yet warm floral mixture of lavender and citrus blossom. My skin isn't any less oily after using "Imperialis" routinely, but I wasn't expecting it to work magic. The cream nourishes my skin, makes it feel wonderful, and gets rid of the dry patches which the winter sometimes brings. Together with the rest of my skincare routine, my facial skin looks clearer and simply happier. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have difficult oily-yet-sensitive skin which is the product of my Italian-Irish heritage. Although I've been using LUSH body and hair products for years, as well as some LUSH skincare (Coalface, Ocean Salt, Cupcake, Love Lettuce), I've avoided the moisturizers. However, I've finally tried Imperialis, and I'm glad that I did! It smells like orange blossoms, it feels like thick whipped cream, and amazingly enough, it hasn't given me any breakouts. I'm using it as an overnight treatment (since I prefer a lighter moisturizer with SPF during the day). I've only been using it for a week, but I do feel like it gives me smoother, glowier skin the next morning. I'll update if I experience any negative reactions!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2007 5:16:00 AM More reviews by dejahthoris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful lightweight moisturizer.. on my combination skin it absorbs easily and smells lovely.. heady orange blossoms and a touch of green tea. This moisturizer is designed to 'even out' combination skin, and for my money it's pretty good at that. I still need to blot a bit of shine off my nose and chin in the middle of the day, but far less than with other moisturizers I've tried. My one gripe is with the packaging - a cheap plastic tub with a screw-on lid. Sure, this lid screws on to the tub easier than previous LUSH versions, and is way better than the old snap-on lids they had, but I still get product in the lid threads and it dries up and gets gross and gummy and greasy and can make a mess in my purse. Also, tubs are quite unhygienic, dipping your fingers into them day in and day out... this product is not so thick that it couldn't go into a nice hygienic pump dispenser... please oh please LUSH, consider this and I'll love this product even more!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by catrat242

I was recommened this moisturizer by one of LUSH's SA's. She said it was good for my combination skin.So I bought it and put it on that night. The smell was alright,and the moisturizer was a pinkish color. You can tell just by looking at it that if you put to much on,it will leave you a slimy gross feeling. I'm not sure if I like it because its the winter and it leaves my skin moisturized,but i so far,its pretty good :D

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2007 5:37:00 AM More reviews by jazavac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a wonderful moisturizing lotion that it's not on the heavier side, so if you have oily skin I would recommend it. It's perfect for winter and it really does soften my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2007 3:25:00 AM More reviews by bootsvalentine

This is my go-to moisturizer for all seasons for my combo skin, will not break you out. The price is great for Lush. You might need something heavier if your skin is dry or for winter.
For now, this is my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by mjnhgb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The SA at Lush insisted I get Shangri-La over this (I wonder why?) but this actually worked a lot better on me. I've been looking for a good face moisturizer for what feels like forever and this one comes pretty close. It moisturizes well without getting too greasy and it gives my skin a healthy glow. I've heard other moisturizers advertise a 'healthy glow', but it usually means there's some sort of tint to it. This does not give any color. It just makes my face look healthier and rosier. I also love the smell. It smells a little bit like orange blossoms. We used to have an orange tree in our backyard and this scent reminds me of the smell that would waft around in our backyard when it was breezy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2007 8:20:00 AM More reviews by sammybee

Great daytime moisturizer for combination skin. Leaves me with soft, supple skin with no greasy residue. The trick is to use a very small amount and give it about 10 minutes to really sink into the skin before applying primer/foundation. The scent is also very pleasant, slighty fruity.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by michistar

This is one of my first LUSH items and I am extremely impressed. I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin that has been going through an adjustment phase with TAZORAC gel (RX retinoid). I use this in conjuntion with my DHC deep cleansing oil and LUSH Fresh Pharmacy cleanser and I have found that it has helped balance out my skin (dry and oily spots) very nicely. I normally break out from moisturizers and as a result rarely use them, but I must say this is one of the first moisturizers in years I have been able to use.
Ingredients: Lavender Infusion (Lavendula hybrida), Mullein Leaf Infusion (Verbascum thapsus), Orange Blossom Water (Citrus dulcis), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Tiger Lily Extract (Lilium candidum), St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum), Elderflower Extract (Sambucus nigra), Sweet Violet Extract (Viola odorata), Sunflower Petal Extract (Helianthus annuus), Alkanett Extract (Alkanna tinctoria), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2007 3:57:00 AM More reviews by discodollies

this moisturizer was pretty nice, but it was hard for me to get over the length it too to actually soak in to my skin. i am not much of a fan of waiting for my skin to dry from moisturizers, so i guess thats my problem with this!