LUSH Imperialis

3.2

: Lavender Infusion (Lavendula hybrida), Mullein Leaf Infusion (Verbascum thapsus), Orange Blossom Water (Citrus dulcis), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Tiger Lily Extract (Lilium candidum), St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum), Elderflower Extract (Sambucus nigra), Sweet Violet Extract (Viola odorata), Sunflower Petal Extract (Helianthus annuus), Alkanett Extract (Alkanna tinctoria), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,

on 6/15/2007 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love LUSH but my experience with this product was horrible. I haven't had a breakout this bad ever! I would have never thought this was the culprit. I use this moisturizer at night and by the morning a new huge cystic type zit would appear. I thought it was my foundation or something else causing my breakouts but every morning another huge zit kept popping up. I even stopped wearing foundation and the zits kept on coming. My forehead has 6 huge zits on it and my cheeks have a bunch of smaller zits. Since then I've completely eliminated this moisturizer and switched back to Dove and my skin is getting better. And no new giant zits in the morning. I hate to waste so I'm now using this as a moisturizer for my neck.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My skin was going through a dry/worn-out phase while I was on Proactiv so I bought this moisturizer which is for combo skin. I love Lush products but this is the first moisturize I have tried from them. Imperialis comes in a cute pot like most Lush products and the texture is a liquidy-cream. It smells like herbs and flowers, very pleasant and it does moisturize very very well. It has calamine in it which is supposed to be soothing but I have applied this to slightly sore skin before and it did sting so be careful! Right now, I use a drop of this and a drop of foundation to make a really great tinted moisturizer.

on 3/30/2007 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

LUSH's "Imperialis" is a regal moisturizer - it's difficult for me to describe how comfortable and happy this cream makes my skin feel, I had been always advised to stay away from products containing oils due to my oily-combination skin. "Oils", they said, "will break you out. Purchase oil-free products". LUSH's products taught me that oil itself is not my enemy, "Imperialis" was a gamble which eventually made a positive impact on the way my skin behaves and feels. "Imperialis" is my night cream, which I apply after LUSH's "Coal Face" and Clinique's Clarifying Toner 3. The scent of the moisturizer is wonderful and fragrant for bedtime, a fresh, yet warm floral mixture of lavender and citrus blossom. My skin isn't any less oily after using "Imperialis" routinely, but I wasn't expecting it to work magic. The cream nourishes my skin, makes it feel wonderful, and gets rid of the dry patches which the winter sometimes brings. Together with the rest of my skincare routine, my facial skin looks clearer and simply happier. continued >>

on 3/18/2007 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have difficult oily-yet-sensitive skin which is the product of my Italian-Irish heritage. Although I've been using LUSH body and hair products for years, as well as some LUSH skincare (Coalface, Ocean Salt, Cupcake, Love Lettuce), I've avoided the moisturizers. However, I've finally tried Imperialis, and I'm glad that I did! It smells like orange blossoms, it feels like thick whipped cream, and amazingly enough, it hasn't given me any breakouts. I'm using it as an overnight treatment (since I prefer a lighter moisturizer with SPF during the day). I've only been using it for a week, but I do feel like it gives me smoother, glowier skin the next morning. I'll update if I experience any negative reactions!

on 3/15/2007 5:16:00 AM

This is a beautiful lightweight moisturizer.. on my combination skin it absorbs easily and smells lovely.. heady orange blossoms and a touch of green tea. This moisturizer is designed to 'even out' combination skin, and for my money it's pretty good at that. I still need to blot a bit of shine off my nose and chin in the middle of the day, but far less than with other moisturizers I've tried. My one gripe is with the packaging - a cheap plastic tub with a screw-on lid. Sure, this lid screws on to the tub easier than previous LUSH versions, and is way better than the old snap-on lids they had, but I still get product in the lid threads and it dries up and gets gross and gummy and greasy and can make a mess in my purse. Also, tubs are quite unhygienic, dipping your fingers into them day in and day out... this product is not so thick that it couldn't go into a nice hygienic pump dispenser... please oh please LUSH, consider this and I'll love this product even more!

on 3/13/2007 3:17:00 PM

I was recommened this moisturizer by one of LUSH's SA's. She said it was good for my combination skin.So I bought it and put it on that night. The smell was alright,and the moisturizer was a pinkish color. You can tell just by looking at it that if you put to much on,it will leave you a slimy gross feeling. I'm not sure if I like it because its the winter and it leaves my skin moisturized,but i so far,its pretty good :D

on 2/18/2007 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

This is a wonderful moisturizing lotion that it's not on the heavier side, so if you have oily skin I would recommend it. It's perfect for winter and it really does soften my skin.

This is my go-to moisturizer for all seasons for my combo skin, will not break you out. The price is great for Lush. You might need something heavier if your skin is dry or for winter.
For now, this is my favorite.

on 1/30/2007 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The SA at Lush insisted I get Shangri-La over this (I wonder why?) but this actually worked a lot better on me. I've been looking for a good face moisturizer for what feels like forever and this one comes pretty close. It moisturizes well without getting too greasy and it gives my skin a healthy glow. I've heard other moisturizers advertise a 'healthy glow', but it usually means there's some sort of tint to it. This does not give any color. It just makes my face look healthier and rosier. I also love the smell. It smells a little bit like orange blossoms. We used to have an orange tree in our backyard and this scent reminds me of the smell that would waft around in our backyard when it was breezy.

on 1/26/2007 8:20:00 AM

Great daytime moisturizer for combination skin. Leaves me with soft, supple skin with no greasy residue. The trick is to use a very small amount and give it about 10 minutes to really sink into the skin before applying primer/foundation. The scent is also very pleasant, slighty fruity.

Popular Moisturizers