September 1, 2014 | 1967 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by jsche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner!! It glides on so smoothly and it stays on ALL DAY. It doesn't flake or smudge at all and is very long wearing. A little pricey at $15, but it's an amazing eyeliner so I won't complain! It may dry out if you do not close the cap tightly or leave it open for extended periods of time, so just make sure you cap it tightly after you use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty good eyeliner, cheaper than Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner. Blacktrack has a much more gel/liquidy consistency than Bobbi brown's, as a result I find that it smudges much more easily. I have oily and hooded lids so everything ends up transferring but Blacktrack is worse than BB. I do love how easy it is to apply, but it tends to transfer onto my contacts which is annoying. The color and finish are nice, starts very black then dries so it's not too shiny. I just am not thrilled with this liner so I will probably not repurchase. If you don't have oily/hooded eyes I would definitely look into it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by elena6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This liquid eye-liner is fantastic! It's very easy to use as long as you have the proper brush. Amazing results!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by svang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its alright. Doesn't work as well as Bobbi Brown's long wear. It smeared at the end of an 8-hour workday. Talk about major raccoon eyes! And, the product seemed a bit chalky/hard? I like to use a brush with it, and the product just a bit hard. I had to push it around to get enough product on the brush. Maybe I had bad luck and bought a drier pot. I want to give it 3 stars, but decided to give it 4 since it is a few bucks cheaper than other comparable cosmetic brands. Not bad if you don't have oily lids.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I just couldn't make it work for me despite the glowing reviews on here.

For me it was just smudge-city everywhere. In less than a couple of hours, I had raccoon eyes! This didn't happen with my Bobbi Brown Gel Liner, Stila Waterproof liquid liner, Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner, or KPalette 24 Hour Liquid Liner. I suppose MAC Blacktrack and I just don't get along very well. And i don't have very oily skin too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Stefania09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS EYELINER
eyeliner is the one thing i NEED when i go out. ive tried everything in the last 10 years from pencils to crayons to liquid to the gel and this is by far the best.
provided u know how to use it.
ive had my current pot for over a year. mine hasnt dried out because the first thing the mac girl said to me was CLOSE THE LID or it will dry. u have to work quickly with this eyeliner as it dries quickly on ur skin. u also need to close the lid after u dip ur brush in.
if u can handle this then its worth the money. i still have half a pot left. i love it i will never use anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- matte
- long lasting
- water proof
- no smudging
- opaque
- comes in other colours
- will work on waterline as well
- a pot will last forever
- great even for oily eyelids

Cons:
- not as user friendly & requires a brush
- pricey
- can dry out in the pot
- require a bit of work to remove

If i have the time to get all dolled up or if I need my liner to stay put through an event, this is my go to. I generally prefer the matte colour that pencil liners give but they suck in terms of staying power so this is the best of both worlds. This can be tricky to use where it took a little practice for me to get the hang of it. Once you do, this is your best friend because it will not budge and stay put and blend seamlessly with falsies and it has a matte finish unlike liquid liners. This can be stubborn to remove and might require a little work even with makeup remover (even the dual tones ones with the oil).

PS. should also try Dipdown, great colour & for those with dark hair, can also use as a eyebrow tint with a very very light hand.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by kel5539

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

average. tried it with different eyeliner brushes and it still was not the easiest to apply, kind of stiff to get on, doesn't glide very well.
wouldn't really say it was proper black, more quite dull
packaging is nice, thats about it
wouldn't repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smudges. Dries up quickly in pot. I dont understand the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by austinxbradley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best gel liner I have ever used.
Goes on so smooth and lasts ALL day!
It is truely worth $15!
If you were thinking of buying this, DO IT.