MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 7/23/2013 11:07:00 PM

This gel eyeliner is amaaazing, I applied it in the morning, later in the day went for a run and by bedtime the colour only slightly faded. The colour is black enough to give a somewhat matte liquid liner look. No smudging. Only a little product is required so it will last awhile. People seem to experience the eyeliner drying up before finishing it but I find storing it upside down and tightly closing the lid to prevent this from occurring. Overall well worth the price.

on 7/21/2013 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have used this product for years and finally decided to write a review today after crying and then noticing that my eye makeup was impeccable afterwards! I love the cat eye look with a slightly thicker line. Liquid tends to be too fine, and i always end up making a mess. Gel is easier to work with because it doesn't dry as fast, and it's easier to make a thicker line using a slanted brush. I've tried bobbi brown, but the pot dried up quickly on me and i had to throw it out with half of the product unused. Same with makeup forever. MAC somehow manages a smooth fluid consistency without drying to a clay-like texture after a while. Also, this stuff has some serious lasting power! While it's not 100% waterproof, i've gone to sweaty clubs and danced in it, worked 12hr days, slept in it, gone camping for days in it, cried in it, and it rarely budges. The only activity i've found that wiped it off was surfing!

on 7/20/2013 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have purchased this three times and I am planning on a fourth purchase soon. I usually buy one every year. I prefer this to Bobbi Browns gel eyeliner, which I bought because of the better looking packaging. The only thing I don't like about this product is the glas jar. It does not look glamorous. It didn't dry out, like the BB did though.

I wear contact lenses and it does not irritate them or my eyes. I tightline daily with this, but a little bit differently since I wear lenses. I kind of paint my upper waterline closest to my lashes while my head is tilted back to avoid product on my lenses. When in a hurry, it sometimes happens that I get it on my lenses, but as I said, no problems.

After abort 6 months of use, I find mixing the product around with a clean needle helps to redistribute the moisture in the product.

on 7/20/2013 1:42:00 PM

I don't know what the hype is about... This gel liner irritated my contacts AND gave me major raccoon eyes- it smudged like crazy. One of the worst department store makeup product I have ever used. Will never buy this again.

on 7/17/2013 2:39:00 PM

I don't know what all the rave review is about. This thing runs. I've been using Bobbi Brown's eyeliner for years and got tired of how fast it dries out. So based on mua reviews, I decided to try out this MAC fluidline. Application goes on smoothly and I was so ready to love this. A mere TWO hours later, it's transferred all over my lower lids from what I observed, just regular blinking. I did not rub my eyes or do anything to it. Another 30 minutes later, complete racoon eyes. I cannot use a product that runs. I suppose you can use it if you don't blink at all. Big LETDOWN.

I do not have oily eyelids, in fact my skin is kind of on the dry side.
Good thing I put it on at home and didn't go out right away. Imagine the horror if I put it on in the morning, go to work, and didn't discover I have complete racoon eyes until afternoon in the washroom.

on 7/11/2013 7:55:00 PM

I love this eyeliner because it is so black, smooth, and long lasting... but I prefer liquid because you do not need to go through the hassle of digging in the pot and cleaning the brush later.

I'm very lazy when it comes to eye makeup, maybe because I'm also hopeless at it. But I'm really digging that gorgeous effect a simple black eyeliner can do to Asian eyes so I MUA'd the best eyeliner on the market and this is the one that tops the list. And it's amazing! I especially bought MAC's 266 brush to apply this with and I can't believe how much depth and definition it adds to my eyes. It's got a great consistency that' is smooth and easy to blend, it sets quickly and is budge free. Definitely a keeper!

on 6/27/2013 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My HG eyeliner. Great consistency, easy to apply, and it is a true black. Plus, you get a lot of product for the price because it lasts forever- or at least until it dries up and you have to throw it out. It took over a year for mine to dry up and I still had quite a bit of product left in the tub despite using it almost every day. I will definitely continue to repurchase.

on 6/21/2013 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love, love, love it. I've tried cheaper products but they were so much more inferior. Will never try another. This will not budge no matter how oily your eyelids get (for best application, I use a #209 brush). The black is intense so be prepared. I use this on my waterline and it stays put for most of the day. No raccoon eyes! I would love a black that was a little softer for day time but I guess that's what dip down (brown) is for. For those of you that are complaining that it dries up, do 2 things; 1. Put the lid on it immediately after use and 2. Store it upside down.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Win. HG product for sure. I love rocking pinup style, so that means crazy extended cat eye liner. This stuff stays on all day, doesn't interfere with my lash glue's holding power and goes on incredibly smooth. I use the 266 brush (I think?) starting in the middle and work my way out. It can work either way, smudgy effect or super precise. Remember, a little bit goes a long way :)