MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 7/17/2013 2:39:00 PM

I don't know what all the rave review is about. This thing runs. I've been using Bobbi Brown's eyeliner for years and got tired of how fast it dries out. So based on mua reviews, I decided to try out this MAC fluidline. Application goes on smoothly and I was so ready to love this. A mere TWO hours later, it's transferred all over my lower lids from what I observed, just regular blinking. I did not rub my eyes or do anything to it. Another 30 minutes later, complete racoon eyes. I cannot use a product that runs. I suppose you can use it if you don't blink at all. Big LETDOWN.

I do not have oily eyelids, in fact my skin is kind of on the dry side.
Good thing I put it on at home and didn't go out right away. Imagine the horror if I put it on in the morning, go to work, and didn't discover I have complete racoon eyes until afternoon in the washroom.

on 7/11/2013 7:55:00 PM

I love this eyeliner because it is so black, smooth, and long lasting... but I prefer liquid because you do not need to go through the hassle of digging in the pot and cleaning the brush later.

I'm very lazy when it comes to eye makeup, maybe because I'm also hopeless at it. But I'm really digging that gorgeous effect a simple black eyeliner can do to Asian eyes so I MUA'd the best eyeliner on the market and this is the one that tops the list. And it's amazing! I especially bought MAC's 266 brush to apply this with and I can't believe how much depth and definition it adds to my eyes. It's got a great consistency that' is smooth and easy to blend, it sets quickly and is budge free. Definitely a keeper!

on 6/27/2013 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My HG eyeliner. Great consistency, easy to apply, and it is a true black. Plus, you get a lot of product for the price because it lasts forever- or at least until it dries up and you have to throw it out. It took over a year for mine to dry up and I still had quite a bit of product left in the tub despite using it almost every day. I will definitely continue to repurchase.

on 6/21/2013 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love, love, love it. I've tried cheaper products but they were so much more inferior. Will never try another. This will not budge no matter how oily your eyelids get (for best application, I use a #209 brush). The black is intense so be prepared. I use this on my waterline and it stays put for most of the day. No raccoon eyes! I would love a black that was a little softer for day time but I guess that's what dip down (brown) is for. For those of you that are complaining that it dries up, do 2 things; 1. Put the lid on it immediately after use and 2. Store it upside down.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Win. HG product for sure. I love rocking pinup style, so that means crazy extended cat eye liner. This stuff stays on all day, doesn't interfere with my lash glue's holding power and goes on incredibly smooth. I use the 266 brush (I think?) starting in the middle and work my way out. It can work either way, smudgy effect or super precise. Remember, a little bit goes a long way :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this eyeliner! It is very soft and easily glides across my eyelid. It is definitely long-lasting but it's also super easy to take off at the end of the day. I wouldn't really call it a striking, deep, dark black or anything though. Its finish is more subtle than many black liquid eyeliners I've tried from the drugstore - which I enjoy, because I like a defined eye that doesn't scream "makeup!". It's a small jar but I know it will last me a long time.

The only negative aspect about it is how it's not always convenient to apply in a rush, or on the go (if a touch-up is necessary). Also I use a MAC angled brush to apply it and I have to ensure to clean the brush after each use or product will clump on it.

on 6/19/2013 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've had mixed experiences with MAC products, I LOVE their lipsticks and lipliners, but I'm not wild about their foundations or powders... This gel eyeliner however, is one of my loves!

I apply it with a small flat brush and tightline, applying only to my top lid and top waterline - it glides on easily, and a little goes a long way. It wears quite well also, although I do have to touch it up occasionally - I get a little transfer onto my bottom waterline and into the inner corners of my eyes. Removal can be a little difficult as it really does last, but if I'm thorough it's fine.

It's a beautiful absolute black, perfect for everyday, and applied well it really is a brilliant liner! I haven't had any of the problems that some of the other reviewers have encountered with fading/pulling/etc...
Mac's usual great packaging- for me, a great liner all round.

I take one lippy off simply because I DO get a little bit of transfer with this gel, but I would definitely repurchase as it lasts so long and really is good value for money.

on 6/12/2013 6:44:00 PM

Horrible! But I'll break it down for you.

Price - 19.99CAD
I knew the price when I bought it so I wasn't too surprised, but it's certainly not cheap by any means. Then again, it's not the most expensive out there so I left it at 3 lippies.

Packaging
The packaging is MAC's typical heavy glass with a sleek matte black screw top. Gorgeous. Nothing to criticize here.

Smell - None

Texture
MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline felt smooth going on my skin, no tugging at all. After it dries is a whole new story. It started fading as it dried. By the time it was dry, it was half-transparent. You know when you write with a marker on a whiteboard, then write over it again and it sort of erases what you wrote before? That's what happened here. Except I hadn't drawn over it.

Pigmentation
It was black when I first applied it, but quickly turned to semi-transparent diluted black. Not really grey, just watered down black.

Repurchase
NO! I bought it online and will be returning it along with MAC 263 immediately. (Nothing wrong with the brush, I just bought it specifically for MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline.) As smooth as it is, I don't see the point in splurging on a brush as well as a gel liner that fades to watered-down black once it dries. I was so excited too. Perhaps I will try out Bobbi Brown's gel liner instead...

on 6/11/2013 5:54:00 PM

i am obsessed oh my gosh, i use this everyday and it is by far the BEST eyeliner! so easy to apply with the right brush and it does not smudge or anything and stays on all day and night. for some it might be on the pricey side but completely worth it!! i have been using this for so long and will not go back to anything else