April 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for quite some time but I have also dabbled in other gels for experimentation also. I Love this because the colour is strong & it doesnt smudge anywhere throughout the day for me like some other liners do.I find it pretty easy to apply & the consistency is great it just seems to glide on & set quite quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by wuangel02

I find this product very difficult to apply. I use an angled eye liner brush from Nordstrom. It clumps on the brush and I have to carefully remove the excess before applying. When swept on the upper lid, it wipes itself off if I go over the same spot twice. Then I have to go back and dab areas to retouch. I've read using Mac's brush makes application easier. Ive also noticed this goes on a bit gray with only one sweep...need to build the black. Not sure if i want to risk wasting money on another brush. Once applied this eyeliner stays on with extremely minimal smudging and no flaking all day. Will possibly buy again. Still on the fence.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by sinthuja19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this gel liner for lining both my upper lash line and my water line. I dip a sharp pencil into the get liner when I want to line my water line and tight line. I use a MAC 109 to line my upper lash line. I love the way it glides on and how pigmented it is. I would definitely recommend this. I always put the lid back on my gel liner and I hope it does not dry out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

This is an okay liner for me. I thought I would give this a try and see how I like it. The very first time I used it I got quickly disappointed. It looked super dark in the package but once I applied it on my NC 44 skin it wasn't very pigmented. I had to pack on the product to get the actual shade of black I wanted. I also think that this is expensive and there wasn't very much in the package either.

I'm planning to just use up what I have and will not repurchase again. I can't believe I bought in to the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Ashburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Generally, here's what i look for in an eyeliner- Jet black color, waterproof, smudge proof, yet easy to remove with an eye make up remover. If thats what u r looking for too, then perhaps my review wld be helpful for u. :)

May i also share that apart from this product, ive also tried Maybelline's gel liner, MAC's kohl eyeliner, MAC's long wearing eye pencil & Clinique waterproof eyeliner. In my opinion, this product is far superior than the rest.

Pros:
1. it has a great jet black color. it perfectly defines ur eyes. but it may not work if u r looking for something more "soft". it worked for me because i simply love the deep black color.

2. smooth application WITH the MAC's eyeliner brush 266. ive tried applying with other brands but didnt work that well.

3. waterproof. i wash my face about 3-4 times throughout the day with water. n not a single eyeliner flaked from my eye.

4. easily removed by baby oil, olive oil or the regular make up remover. maybe due to the "oil" content of the remover.

5. can last me about 3months. so it is really worth the price.

6. ive dropped the product like more than 10times n it didnt break at all. the packaging is very durable.

Cons:
1. when u r left with 1/4 of the product, it may tend to dry up. not to worry, just ensure your eyeliner brush is slightly damp to introduce back moist into the product. small issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

I have been recently using this for the first time and I love it so far. It's so smooth and fluid and it really makes a bolder statement look than stick or pencil eyeliner. The only thing is I find it works better with my skinny Mac angled liner brush than the small stubby brush that came with it (bought in a set). Takes some precision but looks beautiful. Worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by cpalencia87

Love it. Glides on smoothly.. stays on no smudges or racoon eyes here.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by allyen2906

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like it! It stays in place forever :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

There are reasons why Blacktrack is one of the most reviewed and highly rated products on MUA. It's a great black gel liner that I have used for the last few years -- very pigmented and easy to use, even for those new to makeup or with shaky hands (I was both when I started using this liner). If you typically use pencil or liquid, I highly recommend trying out any of the MAC fluidlines.

The only two negatives is that this does create the raccoon look for me by mid-afternoon, but I also live in a warm/humid climate and I frequently forget to use an eyeshadow base. I actually started using Dipdown (dark brown Fluidliner), and Dipdown does not create this effect. Yet, I understand how others may be reluctant to start using dark brown liner. And with other Fluidline gels, this one also dries out after about a year's use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by blondebum

I have to say that when i first bought this product i was still a newbie at putting on eyeliner and it would take me several tries to achieve the perfect look. With that being said, if you do not have much practice putting on gel eyeliner then this might not be for you hahah! The first time i used this i looked like a panda and had to start over about 10 times. It takes a while to skill how to use the brush and to know just how much eyeliner to put on it. If doe correctly, this eye-liner gel gives a fiercely bold look.