E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007) 9/2/09

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is actually pretty great coverage wise, for a buck it's def. worth that. insanely cheap packaging, not cute in the slightest, but hey. i got it in light beige today and wow- it's already flaked and broken. yeah, and the little sponge applicator kind of sucks.

granted, i LOVED THIS. the light beidge is kind of orangeish, but i have yellow undertones so it worked well on me and looks totally natural. I use my ELF complexion brush to sweep this everywhere and it looks pretty good. If you don't care about the packaging, you just want something that works and is cheap- BUY THIS. It's only a buck and covers and blends quite easily. i'm giving it 4 lippies because, yes, it is cheap packaging, but for a DOLLAR? You are SO getting your money's worth. I would repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love most of E.L.F. products but this is not one of them. It is chalky, chunky, and has the worse color. I have a tan skin tone and this powder made me look like an orange. Ew never again.

on 12/6/2010 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The shade of this product that I purchased was light beige. I have yet to try it over my current foundation (Revlon Photoready), but I actually prefer this powder on its own over concealer. It gives me light to medium coverage, with a matte finish. I tend to prefer a more glowy, and dewy look, but I can see this as being a nice powder to set your makeup with.

The powder actually contains 1% salicylic acid, so it continues to help fight blemishes throughout the day, which is an added bonus.

I am not a fan of the compact, it is quite cheap, and the powder can really flake out unless you're careful. Also, the little pad applicator it comes with is way too intense for me, I just use a blending brush to apply it all over.

I would say that for $1 it is a decent product to try out and see if it works for you. My skin is on the dryer side, however, so I find that if I don't apply adequate moisturizer to my skin it will get a lot more oily during the day with this powder. So if you have dry skin, I'd recommend just using it to set your makeup with.

on 12/6/2010 6:16:00 PM

Yucky uneven orange red shades and it changes color every time you sweep at it. It reminds me of BWC powder with it's unrealistic colors and bad texture. I threw this away fast. I like the elf studio nail polish remover pads but honestly this brand has a lot of junk products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this product, I bought this before and it works great, it doesn't cake, it's great for touch ups, and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It doesn't have any coverage so I use this over my liquid foundation. I have really oily and acne prone skin, so it's a plus that it have blemish fighting properties and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I don't like the packaging quality because it's a bit too small, but its great for purses, and the powder puff are easy to rip. I would buy this product again.

on 10/19/2010 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

got this in spice and i love it! i am once again shock with another elf product. gives me a nice matte look i don't wear much makeup so this is perfect. for me. sucks it comes with out a mirror but i brought thier compact that i really like and it a pretty color but is a keeper for me. my mom who hates makeup period even fell in love with this powder.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

The only redeeming quality of this powder was that it's $1. My skin is dry combination, yet somehow when I used this my face was like an oil slick for the rest of the day. I don't even know how that could happen. Terrible.

Yes people..this stuff is orange. But really if you rub it in it leaves a super nice color and matches tannner skin tones easily! And its only a buck! Wow! Im gonna buy it again :)

on 7/22/2010 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

OMG...I guess I am one of the lucky ones...because my friend hated it, I love this product...I wear it quite often and get compliments all the time...perfect for me...

on 7/1/2010 8:59:00 PM

i really love this product! its only $1 and is just as good as any other $10 powder. i use this over my foundation to keep it put all day and i love it! i apply it with my elf kabuki brush or any blush brush. despite what some people are saying, its not orange. my one complaint, the packaging breaks easily. the flip cover broke off and once i had hit pan, i dropped it and it became powder. just be careful with these. great product1 you wont be dissappointed!